Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lydia Lunch

Before I get crucified, let me say that I do appreciate a good deal of '80s New York noise/experimental music (i.e. Sonic Youth, Swans, Jarboe, etc.), but I find neither her music nor her writing very interesting—and that includes her solo stuff and releases with Teenage Jesus and the Jerks. On top of it, she seems like a misanthropic edgelord cunt. Why is she so respected?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 1:56 PM

she comes off so badly in her Nardwuar interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2019 8:43 AM

I liked Jennifer Blowdryer better.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2019 10:47 AM

I always liked her a lot. You're supposed to hate her and be annoyed by her on some level though.

Her Queen of Siam record is hilarious. I love that record. The horn arrangements were done by Billy Ver Planck, who composed The Flintstones theme.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 1:15 AM

She seems like a [italic]what?[/italic]. Speak English already.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 1:20 AM

Lydia is not only a mediocre artist, but she has a horrendous, grating personality—dour, phony, and wears her "I'm a hard bitch" armor like a middle schooler. If you have any sense, you can see right through her—at her core, she is a profoundly insecure, miserable cunt. She is basically a non-fun version of Courtney Love, except with even less self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 1:20 AM

I haven't seen her name in awhile, forgot she existed. Was any of her music worth listening to?

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 2:49 AM

I loved her atonal album

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 2:54 AM

I have no idea. Maybe they just liked her name.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 3:07 AM

Labia Lunch was already taken

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 3:21 AM

THE BLACK BOX!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 3:48 AM

She was trying to compete with Exene Cervenka from X. Admission: I grew up in LA and was part of the punk scene and knew - and liked very much - Exene.

Exene was more talented, a better song writer, and had a wry sense of humor and fun to be around.

Also she married two very good looking guys: John Doe and Viggo Mortensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!