Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grantchester--Season 5 Coming Up

Anyone else excited about the upcoming new episodes of Grantchester on Masterpiece Mystery?

Rumor has it that Sydney Chambers is leaving and there will be a new vicar. Hopefully Leonard will still be on. I'm hoping he has some more gay relationships!

Anyone else ever been the real towne of Grantchester? If you're ever in the Cambridge area it's a great walk from Cambridge to Grantchester along the river...or rent a bike like Sydney did!

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2020 5:22 AM

What? James Norton is leaving? Loved his shirtless scenes! Is the new vicar as hot?

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2019 1:11 AM

Can't wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2019 2:03 AM

It's apparent that Sydney knows that Leonard is gay. I'm glad he accepts it. (Do you think Sydney would ever try any man on man action? A glory hole maybe.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2019 11:17 AM

Leonard wouldn't dare go cottaging in a town like Cambridge--too well-policed. He'd have to go down to London, and even then, he's probably get arrested in time.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2019 1:00 PM

R4 Was cottaging the only way to meet others back then? What other ways did gays find each other?

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2019 1:04 PM

[quote]It's apparent that Sydney knows that Leonard is gay.

It was apparent from season 1.

BTW I always wondered what Leonard thought of Sydney's bod

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2019 1:29 PM

[quote]I always wondered what Leonard thought of Sydney's bod

Probably the same thing you and I thought, r6.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2019 10:38 PM

According to the Grantchester on MASTERPIECE website, we're not getting it until July 14, and we're only up to season 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote] Anyone else excited about the upcoming new episodes of Grantchester on Masterpiece Mystery?

Stopped watching ages ago. Boring. . Found myself walking away from the show to go to the bathroom and forgetting it was on.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2019 10:44 PM

Endeavour, season 6, starts June 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2019 10:55 PM

I watched the very first two episodes of Grantchester and couldn't really get into it. It seemed to have everything a traditional Agatha Christie fan like me would have. And yet, I couldn't get invested. It was very slow and not really that engaging. Do I need to watch more? I know most shows require multiple episodes to get into it. How many should I watch here?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2019 11:20 PM

Do they only have young, hot vicars in the village?

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2019 2:23 AM

I think it was a mistake for James Norton to leave the show.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2019 2:26 AM

I liked the episode when Leonard and Robson Green investigated a crime, camp

R13 I think James presumed McMafia would be a huge hit, and, it ended up being unwatchable shite

The new Vicar is not hot enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2019 3:59 AM

His reason for leaving didn’t seem believable.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2019 4:14 AM

He didn't give up his vicarship, though, right? Is the church considering his going to America to work on civil rights some kind of outreach mission work? It doesn't really make much sense.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 5:14 AM

The last episode seemed to be a little bit of an homage to Alan Turing, no?

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2019 1:56 AM

Nathaniel Parker is the fiendish father of the new dishy vicar in tonight’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2019 5:03 AM

Finally somebody knocked the annoying Leonard on his ass.

Didn’t see it coming.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2019 5:12 AM

The new dishy vicar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2019 5:18 AM

The new vicar is indeed dishy. I’m also glad someone punched Leonard in the face, he deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2019 5:40 AM

Leonard is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2019 6:02 AM

Season 5 is currently airing on ITV. There's been only two episodes so far but they're incorporating Leonard's boyfriend in more.

Too bad Leonard can't look scruffy on the show as he does in real life. It suits him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2020 5:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!