Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Three Wills of Sister Aretha

One was in the couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2019 12:09 PM

So, it won't be split between her 4 sons.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2019 6:38 AM

Where is Miss Warwick to provide insightful commentary? Please appear Miss Warwick!

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2019 4:35 PM

One gives everything to Jussie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2019 7:00 PM

One paid off her outstanding bill at Popeye's Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2019 7:37 PM

One was hidden in her chin folds.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2019 8:02 PM

Damn. I thought you said one was found in the cooch...

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2019 8:04 PM

OP should put up the Miss Warwick signal in the headline! Do better next time OP!

And I don't know what's more crazy. The will in the couch or the money under the carpet at Michael Jackson's house that Katherine was looking for.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]Some of the writing is very hard to decipher and the four pages have words scratched out and phrases written in the margins.

No mention of grease and jelly stains?

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2019 8:22 PM

Um, say what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 3:46 PM

She must have been really ill when she attempted to write that will at R9, or there was dementia. I know my mother's writing can be like that.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 5:31 AM

Fucking bad wireless at that fucking Idaho bingo palace. And by fucking bad wireless I mean the fucking telegraph. So no one will read this but I don't fucking care because I was IN-voked.

Only Dee Mentia, R10, was that deflated fried-chicken sausage of a dying-for-five-years-and-lying-about-it Dee-Va was leaving me out of any of those three wills of the other 43 wills "someone" burned in her BBQ pit out back while the body was cooling. She OWED me.

I understand part of the problem was her not knowing whether to list her oldest as her son or her brother. You know. So complicated, these little legal things.

Poor Diane. One-night gigs coming and I hear the seats aren't filling. Except the ones she sits in.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2019 2:20 AM

I love Aretha SO MUCH!!!! IMO, as far as I'm concerned she has not died as we all do, but she has crossed over! She is with us still like a vast, vast spirit in the sky! Yaas, yaas!

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote] One was in the couch.

Also found was a bag of chips, a bucket of extra crispy, some oreo cookies, ranch dip, and a six pack of root beer.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2019 2:23 AM

Oh, OP, by the way, I think you meant to say:

[quote]One was in the cooch.

That thing was like an alligator bag left in the trunk of a mobster's Chrysler Imperial sunk in a bog with the hit body floating alongside it and pulled up after a year. Girl. I mean. Can you?

There was room for a will in that cooch. Right by the other debris, litter, assorted nougat wrappers and a wing bone or two. After all, for 40 years there wasn't any other use for that thing.

Oh. Now I'm going on. Shit-ass downers must be spiked with No-Doz. Big joke.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2019 2:34 AM

That cow was broke.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2019 2:50 AM

R14: Miss Warwick, did Aretha leave any cash in the couch or the cooch or under the carpet, perhaps? Asking for friends of the family.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote] Miss Warwick, did Aretha leave any cash in the couch or the cooch or under the carpet, perhaps? Asking for friends of the family.

I knooooooooow I'll nevah love, this way again...... uh uh uh uh uh .... I KNOW.... I'll NEVAH loooooove this way again.... so I keep....

Bitch, did you say something?

And where in the HELL is mah drink, muthafucka??

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2019 3:04 AM

Aretha did not eat cheap, garbage food. Aretha would never drink root beer, Oreo cookies or a "bucket of extra krispy." Aretha could COOK, gurl! She burned in the kitchen. And she cooked the tastiest, richest, most delicious soul food yu ever saw. She made Minnie from The Help look like an amateur. That's what kilt her. Fabulous soul food, made with salt pork, smoked ham hocks, butter, and eggs and the richest , best cuts of meat. And do not ever forget. Aretha's fried chicken was incomparable!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2019 5:00 PM

Aretha was known to enjoy fast food. Don't kid yourself R18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2019 5:15 PM

Thread title sounds like the title of a 70's cult film about a black nun with multiple personalities.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2019 5:30 PM

The next will will be found in a bucket of chicken.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2019 5:38 PM

R16, those kids of herses always were such coke hoovers she sniffed their way through the house long before they got that first pair of show-corpse pumps shoe-horned past those blackening corns and up into place.

My understanding is they found nothing.

I think Re's got it hid somewhere off-site. Maybe a treasure map will turn up and we'll all have ourselves a 2020 re-make of It's a Madx4 World. With the Franklins, Jacksons and God knows who else doing a re-ality show tearing through the countryside looking for Diva's Gold.

Fuck. I'm glad I sold my last TV for a bump.

And for the record, for those shit-ass drag queens out there trying em-u-late my wondra here, I do not fan myself on any occasion. DO I look like a white fairy's racist stereotype of an old AME woman sweltering in her pew? I am from Jersey, bitch, and my church is air-conditioned. (I hear.) Damont keeps me cool by blowing air between my gorgeous gams through a vacuum cleaner hose.

Now I am going back to my gigs until I am summoned again. Like I need this shit.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2019 11:00 PM

Come through, Miss Warwick!

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2019 11:05 PM

Shit. Just re-membered.

DO NOT buy any of Re's shoes when they come up for auction. You do know that Jackie Wilson was sniffing around her back in 1984 in Jersey and drank a Champale out of her high heel, and an hour later he was lying on the stage. They called it a massive heart attack but she paid off the coroner. It was toe-main poisoning. I mean, that woman had toadstools and veruccas big enough to have their own names underneath that heel and instep. The toenails under the car paint looked like ancient fucking stalagmites. And the smell! She was always having them slather on goop and spraying them and wearing corn plasters - that environmental disaster killed Jackie Wilson.

And it was Patti who told him Aretha wanted Jackie's jerky. Because, as is well known thanks to her, he tried to "rape" her in the sixties. She says.

It's a dirty sinful world. Shit. Thank the Lord I have always been clean and pure in heart and dee-d.

PS Re never put 2 and 2 together until someone (ahem) told her about the whole Patti thing. Why do you think Re shaded Patti so famously at the White House that time.

Heee heee heeeeeee cough cough hack choke HAAAAA!

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2019 2:43 AM

Those shoes are about to walk down the street on their own.....

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2019 12:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!