Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Maher: Shut Up About Abortion Rights!

@billmaher: Can we take a break for a day from talking about abortion? Jeez. Right now, the only tiny heartbeat I care about is Ruth Bader Ginsberg's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 4:36 PM

He's a misogynist and a self-centered asshole. He has only ever cared about what affects him, nothing else. He's also an anti-vaxxer. He is not on our side and never was. People need to stop paying attention to his narcissistic ass.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2019 6:00 PM

Not fair.

He compares about the heartbeat of the black stripper he won't marry who has the patience of a saint in waiting for his flaccid dick to rise.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2019 6:00 PM

Why is he going on about this? It should be obvious why it's in the news right now and it's not like this level of focus happens 24/7, 365 days a year. What a whiner!

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2019 6:07 PM

Never a fan.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2019 6:17 PM

If the Republicans wanted to touch the 3rd rail and make serious threats to take down Roe Vs Wade, thereby uniting women in opposition to them, that was their choice and I have no idea what Maher's objection is to it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2019 6:18 PM

Jesus Christ it's obviously an attempt at a joke. He talked about abortion rights his whole show last friday.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2019 6:35 PM

Bad optics, Bill, you fucking dbag.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2019 6:43 PM

Such a nasty self-satisfied asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2019 6:47 PM

Every time I see him getting too big for his britches I always remember the two episodes of Murder, She Wrote he did in the 90s.

He wasn’t even good looking enough for television....

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2019 6:51 PM

Lol R9!

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2019 6:55 PM

Yes, a joke, r6. It wasn't him slipping and revealing his true colors, which is that he doesn't give a fuck about fellow humans. Between this and the house n*gger joke, he is really losing it now in his old age. He should retire soon before they fire him.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2019 6:55 PM

I agree with him. This bullshit about it’s a “war on women” , people will go nuts over this abortion bill, etc is bullshit. Over 40% of WOMEN are anti-abortion. Dems only lose votes when they advertise support for Planned Parenthood. They need to stop. Everyone knows Dems are the only ones who will keep abortion legal. No need to advertise a wedge issue which only benefits Republicans - because almost 50% of people - including WOMEN - aren’t adamantly pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2019 7:00 PM

It’s him joking. His episode of Real Time on HBO last week was all about the abortion situation.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2019 7:01 PM

R12 is correct. The War on Women was tried by Hillary, and most white women said they don’t care. Dems keep obsessing over things that don’t win elections

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2019 7:13 PM

I like Maher, but he's way off here.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2019 7:17 PM

Troll Posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2019 7:28 PM

I love Bill Maher. Don't knock him. He's a great voice in the movement to defeat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2019 7:36 PM

[quote]I love Bill Maher. Don't knock him. He's a great voice in the movement to defeat Trump.

Right, using the term house nigger, giving Nazis a platform to spew their garbage on his show, and saying Anyone But Hillary... fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2019 7:39 PM

R12: Women who have miscarriages can be investigated for possible murder under these laws. That's a war on women for being women, champ. It's reality. And we're not stopping pointing out REALITY. DEAL WITH IT!

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2019 7:48 PM

this a hole has said the n word on air several times and always gets away with it. It pays to be in “the tribe”.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2019 7:52 PM

Watch Maher's show. Even if you don't have HBO, you can catch it on YouTube. Maher hates Trump.

Don't try and divide and conquer. Maher is on our side. Focus people. Defeat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2019 7:59 PM

OK, so he's a Libertarian retard, doesn't make him any better.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2019 8:37 PM

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend!" Not a bestie, you understand, but a friend!

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2019 8:55 PM

Billy shut up about legalizing marijuana cause I have no interest in grandpa pot heads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2019 8:57 PM

Bills right. Abortion is exactly what the Republicans wNt the Democrats to talk about instead of Trump’s taxes, healthcare, etc. Abortion rally’s evangelicals to the polls. Democrats can’t win the White House and the majority on abortion.

Democrats fall for Republican talking points over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2019 8:58 PM

If something has a heartbeat, kill it!

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2019 9:00 PM

Can we, as a society, stop pretending like he's relevant or has anything of important to say?

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2019 9:19 PM

He can be pretty obtuse quite often.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2019 9:30 PM

I don’t like Maher but the right wing periodically starts these online campaigns against him, trying to stir shit.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2019 1:56 AM

NYT:

New Abortion Bills Are So Tough That Some Conservatives Have Qualms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 3:33 PM

Conservatives are fake. These anti-abortion laws just make it harder for everyone not wealthy. Wealthy conservatives are still forcing their mistresses to get abortions while preaching anti-abortion laws. Anyone who isn't wealthy and sides with the conservatives on this are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 3:45 PM

Exactly [R31]. No public funding for poor/lower middle class people, no insurance coverage, because 'it's not right'. However, there will always be a stream of white, Republican, wealthy wives/girlfriends/daughters using their Cadillac insurance coverage to pop in for a quick D&C before having lunch at the club.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2019 4:26 PM

Horndogs like Maher SHOULD be scared shitless about abortion and birth control access being shut down. Imagine the scandal when the girls they fuck start showing up dead with coathangers up their vagines.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 4:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!