Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Food Wishes guy

I like this chef! It's all about the food, alone, with this guy. You never see his face - only his hands. He's witty, clever, and amusing while sharing his recipes. For those who like to watch food recipes being prepared, head over to YouTube and give this guy some views. Just passing on a good thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 12:33 AM

I love Chef John. He's clever and his recipes always work.

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2019 2:04 PM

He needs to hire someone else to do his voiceovers. He sounds like an idiot.

Ricotta does not rhyme with Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2019 2:05 PM

I had to shut it off 15 seconds in. Ricotta rhyming with Dakota, using the word "ginormous".

Obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2019 2:09 PM

Typical DL Queen responses. God forbid they go a few minutes without bitching and moaning about something....

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2019 3:28 PM

I hate the term "tons of flavor."

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2019 3:29 PM

For Chef John fans, he just posted this Turkish Egg Breakfast and now I feel it urgent I get the ingredients tomorrow and make it this week.

He does a lot of recipes for allrecipes.com, just search "Chef John".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 10:35 PM

Yum-O! This North Ricotta pie has TONS OF FLAVOR! Be sure to have a ginormous slice!

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 10:54 PM

Why doesn't he show himself on camera?

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 10:55 PM

I can leave out the eggs and make this with cottage cheese, refrigerated biscuit dough, fat-free I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and use flaked tuna instead of the orange and lemon zest, right?

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 10:57 PM

Here's what Chef John looks like.

I like Food Wishes, but I hate how he cuts into the food to take a taste. So sloppy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 11:04 PM

He's a fatty!?!?!? Kill it in a grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote]Ricotta does not rhyme with Dakota.

Yes, Carmela, in Italian, it does, with a little double-t action in ricotta.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 12:11 AM

Love his recipes. But can't stand his constant uptalk.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 12:15 AM

Italians pronouncing ricotta...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Give it the old Shaka-shake-ah, throw in some cayenne pepper and stir with tiniest wooden spoon you can find. I find his videos informative, entertaining and makes me want to be a better cook. Our household loves YouTube and Chef John is a pioneer.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!