Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Westworld' Season 3

Now with Aaron Paul, Vincent Cassel, and Lena Waithe.

Coming to HBO in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 6, 2020 10:56 PM

Season 2 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2019 1:31 AM

Will Aaron call the robots "Bitch"?

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2019 3:21 AM

I used to be a fan but I’m so tired of Lena W, go away please

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2019 3:59 AM

Lena Waithe? Fuck that tiresome bad actress, I am out

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2019 4:01 AM

Comic-Con trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 10:47 PM

Renewed for season 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 5:58 PM

Premieres March 15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2020 11:22 AM

I like Aaron Paul but because he fit Jessie to a T it's impossible to watch him in anything without seeing Jessie back on TV.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2020 11:29 AM

Didn’t many of the Western town sets burn in the CA wildfires?

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2020 11:31 AM

That Comic-Con trailer looks like it could put a Jack Russell to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2020 11:32 AM

There's such a thing as waiting too long between seasons.

They approved Season Four... coming soon in 2030!

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2020 11:36 AM

I hate this series! I watched two episodes and thought it was seriously disturbing and seriously boring!

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2020 11:45 AM

does anyone really enjoy this snoozefest? I remember I watched the very first episode and thought it's not that exciting but it's not bad either, also the ending was a bit interesting, but the following episodes just didn't work, soon I found myself falling into asleep watching it, lol

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2020 12:00 PM

I enjoyed exactly two episodes last season and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2020 12:01 PM

Westworld trailer - with bonus Marshawn Lynch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2020 8:32 AM

It has an interesting first season with great potential but some serious flaws, but then a dull and disastrous second season. Unless the new season gets really awesome reviews, I am staying far away.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2020 8:37 AM

Season 1 was great but I didn't even get past the first 2 episodes of season 2. Not sure if I am that interested in a season 3.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2020 8:41 AM

oh no, the skunty aaron paul, he soils every episode he is in.....mr bad vibes.

WHY HE ALWYS SO VERY HYPER??

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2020 9:44 AM

Had such bad ratings, how in fuk did it score another season?? bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2020 9:45 AM

Season 2 was marred by a confusing mishmash of timeline jumps, complicated subplots, that made it difficult for the audience to follow the story.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2020 10:38 AM

Is anyone planning on watching this anymore? I could care less.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2020 10:23 PM

I love this show but HATE Aaron Paul!

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2020 10:29 PM

First episode and I hate Dolores and don't care about her mission. Aaron Paul and his angst.... who cares. Bernard can disappear and I wouldn't care. Will wait to see if they give Maeve a decent storyline.

I find Tommy Flanagan very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2020 2:07 AM

Maeve is the only thing that made this thing watchable in Season 1 and even she couldn't save season 2. Unless 3 is amazing, it's not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2020 4:16 AM

Is Aaron Paul's character gay?

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2020 9:35 AM

I will hate-watch it if there are a few dongs presented.

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2020 10:27 AM

There was a brief dong presentation (not a major character) in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2020 10:39 AM

I loved season one. It did so many psychedelic mind-warp things in questioning the nature of consciousness and what it means to be alive and organic versus the creation of something else.

And then season two happened. I watched it. I retained little of it. I’ve now read a couple of recaps and most of the info they claim was conveyed during the second season is new to me.

On one hand, I appreciate that the writers didn’t dumb anything down for viewers. On the other hand, the writers wandered down a convoluted rabbit hole of their own making and fucked up the show.

Season 1: I thought the show was about fate versus free will and the nature of being and consciousness.

Season 2: Good Dolores became bad Dolores. Dolores killed her maker, played by Jeffrey Wright. Then she recreated him, a new robot played by Jeffrey Wright, who is the same. Then he killed her. Then he put her consciousness (“pearl”) inside of a human (?) black woman, and then he split her consciousness between a robot of that black woman and a new robot of Dolores. And then they escaped and so now Dolores is actually in two different bodies. OR SOMETHING. It’s WAY too much to follow along when you are supposed to look at X actor and remember that the person you got to know is dead and that actor is now playing the character played by another actor who was killed but is still playing the character.

And that’s only three of the goddamned characters and none of the nefarious business plot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2020 10:40 AM

Obviously there is going to be sort of romantic subplot between Aaron Paul and Dekores r25.

No spoilers, but I've watched TV before and we all know what it means when a woman falls into the arms of a new make character.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2020 11:20 AM

Meh.

P.S. At least two penises in Season 3 Episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2020 11:27 AM

Evan Rachel Wood always does a great job.

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2020 11:41 AM

I like Evan Rachel Wood in this role (and others). I wish the role were less convoluted. I’ve lost interest because of how warped the plot and the characters became.

During season one, her character was rather endearing but the most compelling character for me was Maeve. Maeve is the more human one, with some nuance, strong motivation, and heart, and she hacked the system and became magical, which was outlandish but actually one of the few aspects of season two that I liked. Dolores just turned from super-naive into a robo-assassin. And someone else is playing her alongside Evan Rachel Wood. It’s too much.

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2020 11:50 AM

No Ben Barnes this season = hard pass

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2020 11:52 AM

I've never watched the show but I know the basic plot(synthetics created to serve mankind's most base and cruel fantasies become sentient and rise up)but how does it happen and why does the show jump around in time so much?

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2020 12:09 PM

R34 Watch the show or read some of the info above. Here’s a basic summary in response to your questions from my perspective:

—The time-jump thing at first felt like something of a gimmick to make the plot into a puzzle and to add dramatic tension.

—It does also serve to show how human beings age and die whereas the AI do not.

—And it offers an opportunity to present dramatized examinations of perceptions of time, memory, consciousness. The show is (or was in season one) heavily invested in existential questions, and one of those questions could be “does everything happen at once, stored in randomly accessed memory?”

—Regarding why the robots rose up: They were created essentially to be used, abused and discarded. They were slaves. They were created to experience suffering and sorrow. (“Dolores,” the name of the primary character, means “sorrow.”) As they came into consciousness—as they realized who they were and who made them and that they didn’t have to live such suffering lives if they got rid of their captors—they revolted.

by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2020 12:19 PM

I hope for minimal Ed Harris and Tessa Thompson this season. EH just became annoying and one note, just a soulless, driven entity that didn't engender any sympathy. TT is now just evil powerful businesswoman, screwing things up from within. She doesn't have the gravitas to really pull it off. This season is gonna be another round of hate watching. Hopefully, Maeve's story takes some of the bitterness away.

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2020 12:51 PM

I thought Aaron Paul's character is gay. The guy who died; the scene showed Paul's character by holding his hands. The cell phone calls were virtual reality phone calls from the same dead guy. At the end of the episode he decided to cancel his subscription to these phone calls because he had to move on.

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]I thought Aaron Paul's character is gay. The guy who died; the scene showed Paul's character by holding his hands. The cell phone calls were virtual reality phone calls from the same dead guy. At the end of the episode he decided to cancel his subscription to these phone calls because he had to move on.

It would have been cool for the show to make that so, but they were just former soldiers/friends.

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2020 1:29 PM

Lena Waithe? No thanks. Her over-promotion is f-ing bizarre. What idiot chose to push her so hard? Spielberg? As some narcissistic reflection of his own butch adopted black daughter? It just all reeks of level 12 virtue signaling over someone whose appeal eludes me.

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2020 1:46 PM

For the love of God after 3 seasons you'd think they'd fix the sound mixing. Half the time I haven't a cue what anyone has said.

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2020 1:47 PM

I would only watch if Aaron Paul shows his cock.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2020 1:48 PM

The name Aaron Paul gives me the willies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2020 2:31 PM

R35 One more question, Who is the man in the black hat and why does he kill everyone?

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2020 4:19 PM

Is there a tie-in with Jaguar-Land Rover? The futuristic vehicles are Land Rover concept cars.

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2020 4:35 PM

The one huge problem this show has is that it expects the viewers to emotionally bond with androids. Ridley Scott managed to do that in Blade Runner by giving the androids a few minutes of sceen time. Westworld has given androids hundreds times more screen time and yet we don't give a shit about them. Spielberg had a hard time making us bond with the little robot kid in A.I. but in the end he managed to do it.

Season 1 of Westworld worked because the show's flaws were hidden by making it all non-linear and by making us witness the secrets unfold. The show was exciting and you sort of felt the makers were in on the joke that we are watching computer programs, not real people. Season 2 lost the joke and was pretty much all about treating the androids as real human beings, and doing a terrible job with it. I admit I skipped the last few episodes of Season 2 because I just couldn't stand that senseless drivel.

I'm always intrigued by seeing what the future might look like and Season 3 is certainly showing a slick one. Nice enough, nothing revolutionary. I still don't give a shit what Dolores, Maeve and other androids do or "feel". They only interesting character is Aaron Paul and he's the only reason I'm going to watch episode 2. If they don't fuck it up I keep watching, but I suspect I'm just watching a rehash of Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2020 6:30 PM

R43 Are you trolling? Why not just watch the show?

The man in black is everything cause and effect that’s not a robot. Does that work for you?

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2020 9:57 PM

"The man in black is everything cause and effect that’s not a robot. "

English, please?

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2020 10:20 PM

MAN IN BLACK BAD.

MAN IN BLACK HUMAN.

MAN IN BLACK VILLAIN FROM ROBOT PERSPECTIVE.

Good enough? Watch the show!

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2020 10:23 PM

I agree with the poster upthread who said the dialogue on this show is often very hard to hear. Like I couldn't understand anything that mustachioed head-of-security guy was saying in his scene with Delores. This is not great for a show like this one that's already extremely convoluted. This is also a problem with HBO in general, why can't they do something about their crappy sound?

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2020 10:25 PM

I can’t remember what happened in the first 2 seasons and recaps tend to go too fast to digest. I’m not sure if I care enough to pick it up again.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2020 10:50 PM

It’s too much. Someone has big ideas but they failed to pace and plot the story in a way people can absorb.

The show is in part a character drama and people who want to invest in the characters are frustrated and confounded by the enigmatic puzzlebox of a story.

Some people like puzzles and philosophies, but they’ve twisted the characters into knots by using the same actors to play different roles, and then shattered time to make everything all the more incomprehensible.

I am interested in knowing about schizophrenic people and how they see the world but I don’t want more than a fleeting glimpse of a schizophrenic perspective of the world.

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2020 10:57 PM

Westworld Season 1 worked partly so well because it was a mystery people would spend hours trying to solve after each episode. The show was part of the zeitgeist. Quite honestly I don't know how Season 1 works if you just watch it by yourself now, possibly just as well.

I've no idea if people kept still debating about the show online on Season 2. I personally was so pissed about the huge quality drop that I had no interest to discuss the show, besides bitching about it here a few times. I remember thinking that Jonathan Nolan must've left the production after Season 1 because the change was so drastic. Things just became very juvenile. Like 'see how STRONG I am when I break your neck and how COOL AND AWESOME I look!!!' It's like women in the production are going through their own revenge fantasies through Dolores and Maeve but are doing it in a very naive and teenage-childish way.

I've written screenplays for short films when I studied directing and I'm always developing a movie script in my head so I recognize when someone is pouring their own fantasies on screen while being unable to be objective about the story. I could be totally wrong obviously but it does make you wonder when a pretty much brilliant show turns into a collection of silly clichés on its second season. The opening segment of the Season 3 opener was once again another revenge fantasy that was predictable from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2020 11:16 PM

I'm not interested in watching Dolores continue her rampage of killing humans and fixing to make all of the people who abused her suffer. I saw enough of that in season 2 with her shooting and killing her way through various "worlds". It makes no difference that now she's doing it in designer outfits and riding a futuristic motorcycle instead of a horse.

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2020 11:23 PM

What is it about the Lenas that suck so bad. First Dunham, now Waite.

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2020 11:30 PM

R54 Rude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2020 11:34 PM

Can you guys give me a rundown of the male nudity so far (preferably with pics if it isn't too much trouble to find them), please? I'm eager to see if they fixed the lack of male nudity in season two.

by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2020 1:16 AM

Two brief male nude scenes, both from an underground (?) party Aaron Paul attended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2020 1:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2020 1:53 AM

Disappointing. At least last season we got Simon Quarterman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2020 2:28 AM

Lena Waithe!

According to "Vanity Fair," she's the most thrilling star in demand in the entire nation!

by Anonymousreply 60March 17, 2020 2:43 AM

R60 Why is this nobody being pushed on us so much lately? Are her parents important people or something?

by Anonymousreply 61March 17, 2020 2:48 AM

Do the story lines in season 3 make any sense?

I watched the first season and there were too many inconsistencies and dead ends for me to make it past the first episode of season 2.

It seemed to me that Westworld's technical staff all work underground, but use elevators to go up to the ground level and clean up the entire park overnight? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2020 12:56 AM

Lol, without gratuitous male nudity from extras, I guess no one will watch then.

by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2020 2:48 AM

Evan Rachel Wood must have hated wearing that prairie get up so much that she told the costume designer that she needed a FutureWorld fashion show every scene.

by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2020 4:26 AM

R62 I always thought they worked in some huge invisible building on the side of that cliff overlooking Westworld.

by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2020 7:08 AM

Are all of the animals and children hosts? Then there must be a lot of tech staff at WESTWORLD to repair them.

Does Season 2 make more sense or address all the incinsistencies. Why the repair staff wear haz mat suits when picking up hosts (when the repair staff is standing three feet away from people not wearing haz mat suits). R62

by Anonymousreply 66March 22, 2020 11:41 AM

Although you can see a hint of balls, what a waste of beautiful cock meat not to show Steven Ogg full frontal, when they've shown lesser mortals nude on this dumb show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 22, 2020 4:17 PM

I watched about a third of the premiere. It didn’t capture my interest at all. The plot became unreasonably convoluted during the second season and I can’t begin to following along knowing Dolores is currently supposed to be two different characters, and that will probably change a half dozen times within the season.

The writers are too enamored of their ideas. Shakespeare gave Hamlet and Richard II and Richard III and other characters brief soliloquies to let audiences know that we all have these existential thoughts, but he didn’t mangle his plays by trying to play out every single notion that ever occurred to him.

by Anonymousreply 68March 22, 2020 4:28 PM

The show is a piece of shit. The only thing it has going for it is dong.

by Anonymousreply 69March 22, 2020 4:30 PM

For the people who are interested in whether they have dick shots, you're in luck tonight. They show a bunch of the hosts naked, including a few dudes.

I thought that Maeve's Nazi story line would bring me back into the show, but it's 40 minutes in and I DON'T CARE. The Nazi thing lasted about 10 minutes and it went back to her back in the Westworld labs trying to infiltrate it from the inside AGAIN. Maeve as this entity with unlimited power and control over what happens in the pretend world and in the lab is too far-fetched for my liking. Plus, they are making it complicated with this what is "real vs not real" garbage. And I don't care about sad sack Bernard and this Hemsworth's being sentient or not.

Ha - they just stuck in a dragon as a nod to Game of Thrones

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2020 1:50 AM

What I don't get is why they changed all of the park ideas from the original movie. Roman World and Medival World, and West World I get, that makes sense. But who in their right fucking mind would want to travel back to a Colonial India themed amusement park? Or one set in Fascist Italy? With the original three park ideas it makes sense, it can just be the idealized versions of the wild west and medieval england and ancient rome. Cowboys and dragon slaying and gladiator battles. Those things all have a wide appeal.

It seems like the only guests The Raj and Nazi World or whatever the fuck it's called would get are white supremacists. It doesn't seem economically lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2020 3:13 AM

[quote]Ha - they just stuck in a dragon as a nod to Game of Thrones

And Dan and David played the lab techs. Pretty cool moment.

by Anonymousreply 72March 23, 2020 3:16 AM

R72 I thought the terrible writing was a nod to Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 73March 23, 2020 6:44 AM

[quote]For the people who are interested in whether they have dick shots, you're in luck tonight. They show a bunch of the hosts naked, including a few dudes.

Thank you for your elucidation, the enlightened one.

by Anonymousreply 74March 23, 2020 11:08 AM

A weird choice to change Medieval World, Roman World, Future World, etc to all of these awful periods in history. A theme park based around Nazi Germany? Really? British-Colonial India? Are the Nolan brothers secretly white supremacists?

by Anonymousreply 75March 23, 2020 7:24 PM

It says everything about the series that this thread was buzzing before and partway through the season opener and then it just went kerplunk.

by Anonymousreply 76March 25, 2020 3:06 AM

I'd love WWII World, but I'm a big "fan" of WWII history and def. not a NAZI lover.

by Anonymousreply 77March 25, 2020 3:26 AM

I think they talk too much and explain everything, kinda insomnia-inducing though. But at least plenty of male nudity to jolt me back to life once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 78March 25, 2020 1:29 PM

They started to lose me last season when they started playing "who's controlling who" I felt like I needed an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of what/who is controlling who and too many other questions: is Dolores controlling Bernard, and Charlotte, Maeve is in God mode and struts around controlling over a bunch of people, is Anthony Hopkins controlling Bernard, what is happening with Ed Harris - is he dead, is that Hemsworth a host?

This season I'm supposed to keep track of them juggling those host brain balls and remembering that shit. The only plot line I think I may find interest in is Maeve if she is put in Atomic Blond assassin mode and going after Dolores, cause I'm tired of watching her massacre people.

by Anonymousreply 79March 25, 2020 5:04 PM

The entire series boils down to one question, is this human or bot? If it's bot, it should be unpluggable. If it's human, it's not a very interesting human.

by Anonymousreply 80March 25, 2020 7:05 PM

the reason for the hosts was ultimately Ed Harris didn' want to die and was experimenting with putting his consciousness in a host to live forever.

by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2020 7:24 PM

amateur fug aaron paul is repulsive and not respected.....

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2020 8:18 PM

No shit, He screams tweeker ville^

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2020 8:18 PM

Aaron Paul with his dick out would be most welcome.

by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2020 8:27 PM

I've had to turn the volume way up the past two episodes. I never had that problem during the first two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2020 8:32 PM

R84 Interesting, it’s really his backside that’s more important, extra points for presenting.

by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2020 10:21 PM

I'm enjoying S03 so far. I liked Season 2 and how it played the slow reveal with what actually happened. I think setting up a Maeve v Dolores (notice Dolores' future frocks are largely black, while Maeve's was white? subtle) showdown is a bit obvious and will be a disappointment. I'm guessing Tessa Dolores will start to see the humans a little more sympathetically now she has to care for a child, which'll create some tension with ERW Dolores.

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2020 2:30 AM

During tonight's episode I felt like I was watching a soft core lesbian porn with the hotel scenes between Dolores and Charlotte. I'm not gonna waste the brain cells to keep trying to figure out whose brain is in who, and just watch the body count pile up. That's all this show is to me now, a revenge drama.

This show reminds me that I have this irrational dislike of Tessa Thompson and I can't figure out why.

by Anonymousreply 88March 30, 2020 2:58 AM

Episode 3 was so boring I read the AVClub review while it was on. Lord.

by Anonymousreply 89March 30, 2020 4:58 AM

Any dong presented in this EP, the enlightened one?

by Anonymousreply 90March 30, 2020 9:23 AM

Episode 3 was a big fucking waste of time. Every time that fucking Aaron Paul comes on screen the whole show just dies. Who gives a fuck? He's the least interesting actor ever. His breathy angsty character is annoying, not interesting.

by Anonymousreply 91March 31, 2020 12:12 AM

Spain and Singapore are gorgeous though. Vincent Cassel reminds me of the Merovingian in Matrix 2: Elegant, sophisticated, European .

I did like the nod to GoT- their dragons are instantly identifiable.

by Anonymousreply 92March 31, 2020 4:12 PM

It's awful.

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2020 8:23 PM

I find Vincent Cassel very attractive

by Anonymousreply 94April 3, 2020 2:20 PM

I find Vincent Cassel repulsive and dirty since I first saw him in La Haine.

by Anonymousreply 95April 4, 2020 3:56 PM

[quote]Episode 3 was a big fucking waste of time. Every time that fucking Aaron Paul comes on screen the whole show just dies. Who gives a fuck? He's the least interesting actor ever. His breathy angsty character is annoying, not interesting.

His character is human, at least probably, which is most definitely needed among all the robots. The show made a huge mistake on Season 2 when betting on the viewers getting emotionally attached to artificial creatures that can never die and can't really feel anything. However Dolores with Aaron Paul works. I really liked episode 3. After last week's Nazi bore the show managed to me care about it to a point once again, for the first time since Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 96April 4, 2020 4:11 PM

surprisingly boring and the aircraft are obvious drones.

by Anonymousreply 97April 4, 2020 4:34 PM

Any dongs in episode 4?

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2020 8:49 AM

I didn't notice any. If there was it was super quick.

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2020 2:11 PM

So, in the distillery when the cask was punctured, I first assumed that it was foam from whatever alcohol was coming out, and then when Maeve lay dying in blood and the liquid I thought it was milk, heightening the motherhood allusion.

But of course in a recap they point out that it is the fluid to make host bodies. So how many production centers has Dolores set up and are they making hosts non-stop? And is she only implanting copies of herself and creating literally an army of one? I did think that Charlotte’s fragility was because she was a copy, it seems that the more Dolores she makes of herself there should be some degradation, the whole copy of a copy issue?

Overall one of the best episodes in awhile and that’s saying a lot as the first 15 minutes didn’t record for me.

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2020 2:56 PM

R98 There was an Eyes Wide Shut charity auction of whores and one muscle man struck a pose nude, but it was in profile and hid his privates, there was cooch and breasts visible though.

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote]amateur fug aaron paul

I've always found him to be a very professional fug.

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2020 3:03 PM

Thank you, the enlightened one, R99.

by Anonymousreply 103April 6, 2020 3:28 PM

Yeah, not interested in the male lead. Giant freaking head, small, narrow shoulders and the profile of a dolphin.

by Anonymousreply 104April 6, 2020 6:41 PM

When are we going to see the real Serac who is utterly disfigured from radiation poisoning?

That's not his real face.

Whatever's beneath that is no doubt disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2020 12:02 AM

After tonight's episode, this show has turned into "Dolores, Atomic Blond Terminator", directed by Michael Bay. Shoot shoot explode rocket launcher car chase cool blond heroine nerdy sidekick spy stuff futuristic technology foreign bad guy. I almost lost my dinner when they started playing "Love Story" and focused on Adrian Paul's character being enthralled with Dolores the bad ass. Next episodes with be a Maeve/Dolores cat and mouse game. The only slight suspense will be to see who survives. Bernard is just a background figure to me at this point.

I don't even try to pay attention when they try to explain the deal with that big ball. French guy creator and his brother... whatever.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2020 1:32 AM

Will we be seeing John Gallagher Jr. naked at some point? This show had a good track record with male nudity, but they seem to be slipping.

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2020 1:43 AM

All of this hologram shit is giving me a headache, trying to figure out who is where and who is who. So Frenchy didn't get blown up by Scottish guy and Dolores and Frenchy didn't meet up. Oh, please. And the music is getting obtrusive.

by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2020 1:59 AM

[quote]Adrian Paul's

Aaron Paul wishes he was Adrian Paul, but he is not actually the Highlander.

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2020 2:08 AM

Just realized my error - you beat me to it. Question: Did Caleb not realize that Dolores was synthetic until after she got shot in the gut? He was staring at her weird after seeing the bullets hit her and she didn't go down. I haven't been paying the closest attention, I admit it.

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2020 2:17 AM

There are still real people left there?

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2020 2:36 PM

WTF was the point of the drug trip?

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2020 9:22 PM

Anyone else distracted by Aaron Paul's rug?

by Anonymousreply 113April 15, 2020 1:36 AM

Aaron Paul is really stinking this production up. His raspy voice delivery was bad enough, but his "acting" during that drug trip was borderline camp. Plus he looks tiny next to Evan Rachel Wood.

by Anonymousreply 114April 19, 2020 5:23 AM

Jesus Christ, does anyone even know what the fucking plot is anymore?

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2020 2:04 AM

R115 Season two was a completely muddled and incomprehensible plot to me, this season seems very easy to follow, and a little Maeve and Arnold is a blessing. And who’d thought REW could carry a show, but I think playing a robot works to her advantage as it did for Arnold in Terminator.

by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2020 2:53 AM

At what point during season two was Hale replaced?

by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2020 8:39 AM

[quote]Anyone else distracted by Aaron Paul's rug?

YES!! Everything about him is annoying.

But but but... Is there any dong presented in this episode, the enlightened one?

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2020 12:40 PM

R117 - The last episode of season 2

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2020 5:11 PM

R119 Thanks, but I think that was when it was revealed, but it happened earlier right? How long was it, had she been replaced as early as some point in season one?

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2020 5:35 PM

R120---Maybe I goofed---I thought it was timeline-wise current with actions in Season 2 and wasn't a flashback, but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2020 6:55 PM

R117 / R120 - I think she was replaced not long after she murdered Elsie Hughes. Seeing Charlotte kill Elsie made Bernard realise he needed Dolores.

by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2020 1:51 AM

Do I need all previous season knowledge to Watch this season?

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2020 2:12 AM

R123, yes

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2020 1:53 PM

I'm having a lot of difficulty following the storyline this season - so much so that, after an episode, I have to go online and read a smattering of summaries to grasp what happened. If it continues to be this much work, I'll probably tune out.

by Anonymousreply 125April 22, 2020 6:19 AM

R125 there are only two episodes left this season. I agree that it has become cumbersome to follow the plot.

by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2020 3:12 PM

Are they seriously going to waste a whole episode on this Aaron Paul bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 127April 27, 2020 1:23 AM

Season 1 was amazing. It has sucked since then.

by Anonymousreply 128April 27, 2020 4:07 AM

Is Caleb supposed to be in love with Francis?

by Anonymousreply 129April 27, 2020 8:32 AM

Aaron Paul simply has turned this into a shit show. He and Emma Roberts should tag team and co-produce the most annoying shit show on earth.

by Anonymousreply 130April 28, 2020 12:31 PM

Such a meaningless, meandering season. Ridiculous plotlines and it's impossible to have any stake in the characters when nothing is real. And why show fights "to the death" when the same characters are back intact the following week?

by Anonymousreply 131April 28, 2020 1:15 PM

It's pretty much jumping the shark when you have major characters die and come back to life again. And again.

by Anonymousreply 132April 28, 2020 5:22 PM

Agreed, this season is dreadful. No plot. Stupid fight scenes. Empty dialogue. What a waste of money.

And I can’t STAND Maeve. She should have died last season-sacrificing herself for her daughter or something. Once the daughter was out of the picture her story ended.

by Anonymousreply 133April 28, 2020 5:27 PM

The show turned into shit already right after season one. Aaron Paul is actually one of the only good things this season because at least at some point his was a real character you could sort of care about. I also enjoyed the first episodes this season because there was freshness after moving into new environments.

The show is terrible partly because its dialog writing is just awful. It's like it's by a first year screenwriting student. The actors probably roll their eyes constantly when reading the script. Coupled with stupid plot lines you get this. People at HBO must've been furious when they noticed the huge drop in quality after season one. Although then again I've always suspected the complicated structure on season one was there to partly hide the show's flaws. But still, the first season was exciting and fun in many ways. It boggles the mind how they managed to ruin it all so thoroughly. And I've said it before but I suspect Jonathan Nolan has not been heavily involved in the production after season one. One would imagine he's got enough experience to have seen what a turd they were making.

by Anonymousreply 134May 3, 2020 7:16 AM

But, the good news is: Lena Waithe was only in 2 episodes!!!

by Anonymousreply 135May 3, 2020 9:55 AM

Aaron Paul has given one of the worst performances on television. His expressions veer from confused to constipated. I keep praying that someone or something will blow him and Dolores away so the nightmare will end. And yes, I know I don't have to watch, but I still have some small hope that this slog will have an interesting ending.

by Anonymousreply 136May 3, 2020 2:24 PM

Tonight is the last episode of season 3?

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2020 11:09 PM

Yes R137. Imagine my surprise when I read that the show will be back for a 4th season. We can only hope that HBO wakes up before wasting any more money and just cancels it quietly. Blame it on Covid-19 messing up all production into the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2020 1:08 AM

They bring back this guy - the man whose daughter told Ed Harris "the maze is not for you"? Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2020 1:11 AM

All of it is who cares at this point

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2020 1:28 AM

This whole season seems to lead to a girl fight between Maeve and Dolores, with both of them in skintight black leather. That is hella lame.

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2020 1:29 AM

How does Aaron fucking Paul keep getting work? He was shit as Jesse Pinkman and was only decent doing voiceover work on Bojack! He fucking sucks!

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2020 1:31 AM

Man, this show used to be so fun and interesting, and now? It's so very UNinteresting

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2020 1:41 AM

Oh no. Will the next season be following boring ass Bernard on some crap adventure? Jeffrey Wright is better than this. Pink Floyd!!!

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2020 2:12 AM

I only perked when Dark Side of the Moon came on.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2020 2:13 AM

God and Baby Jesus, what a mess. I pray I will not get suckered into this crap next season, on the slight hope it gets better and then it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2020 2:23 AM

Here's a great idea!

If you don't like it, then don't watch it!

Problem solved for ya!

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2020 2:38 AM

I thought the finale was pretty spectacular, though I always have to read a recap to make sense of it.

ERW and TN were great as always.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2020 9:51 AM

That shit after the credits was awful.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2020 2:54 PM

The finale was a catastrophe given what came earlier in the season. Those actors were earning their Emmy status given the idiocy that was happening underneath Rehoboam. How Aaron Paul and Thandie Newton didn’t just laugh their way through the last twenty minutes is a testament to their talent. ERW was lucky she just had to lay on the floor with a dazed look on her face. What a mess. And the societal apocalypse stuff was ... tough to watch given where we’re headed.

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2020 2:58 PM

So they're actually doing FutureWorld plot next season? So confusing.

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2020 3:35 PM

Next season they should just call it Hot Tranny Mess World and call it a day

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2020 3:56 PM

I just finished the season finale and I'm amazed that HBO keeps supporting this pile of crap. I find it really hard to believe that ALL episodes this season were rated over 8 at IMDb, I mean how the hell can that be possible? Are there Westworld fans who seriously fail to see the bad writing and subpar directing? A show leaning heavily on action is written and directed by people who seem to have no experience in making action, which is why like I earlier wrote I suspect Johathan Nolan doesn't have much to do with the show anymore, and hasn't had since season one ended. He did direct the season opener, though.

I hate to say it because it sounds misogynistic but the show feels like it's now done by women who just aren't very good at what they're doing, and it's obviously Lisa Joy I'm talking about. Almost everything about the show feels lazy, like no true professional is there to say hey guys, this just doesn't work. I have a feeling the Westworld production might be an accepting work environment which also means people without true qualifications to work in a Class A cable tv production are in charge. This show is so far below the normal HBO quality that it's scary, and I can't help but imagine there's been a lot of discussions about it among the HBO brass.

Mind you, I love my female action heroes, like Modesty Blaise and Storm from the X-Men, and I think Kathryn Bigelow is one of the best action directors out there so it's not like I dislike women. The gender shouldn't matter but in many ways in action it still does. And sure, I could be all wrong, especially because many of the directors this season were also directing on both of the earlier seasons and most were male. But still, there's definitely something weird happening in the production, anyone heard any rumors about it?

Mind you, I work in the arts and studied years constantly facing tough criticism on every step. That's why I realize how important it is to keep a tight rein on people who just aren't good enough to helm a production this big. And it boggles the mind why HBO isn't doing just that by cracking the whip instead of letting one of their ultimate prestige shows fall down in quality this hard.

by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2020 7:37 AM

The show has become a video game with all of the fighting, violence, and nobody ever really dying. The Leftovers got three seasons. Deadwood got two seasons. Yet this expensive over-produced mess gets four seasons?

by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2020 2:10 PM

I really liked Season 3 right up until the end, when it basically shit the bed.

I loved the world building. I loved the first several episodes for that reason. It's too bad it got muddled in the middle, and then utterly fell apart at the end.

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2020 3:05 PM

HBO doesn't have another mega hit like, "Game of Thrones", "True Blood", "Six Feet Under", and is milking this one until they get another bona fide hit.

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2020 6:10 PM

Agreed, this season was awful. Bad writing, thin and often confusing plot, several of the best characters were useless, Aaron Paul was a real dud. They put out a handful of episodes every two and half years, HBO should demand they be better quality.

Season 4 likely won’t be out until 2023. No one will care at that point. HBO banked on this being their next GoT so I’m sure they’re scrambling.

by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2020 6:16 PM

I don't think I've posted in this thread since the premiere, but this season was awful and I have no interest in season 4. I've always had problems with this show, but it has completely gone off the rails at this point. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2020 6:18 PM

Yeah just about the only good thing about this season was the location scouting. They did manage to create a futuristic-looking world.

Nothing else worked. How can a story have stakes if most of its main characters can just be constantly killed and revived? Aaron Paul sucked, agree with that assessment. What was Bernard's arc this season? He just seemed to move from one location to the next, and then all of a sudden at the end they plop him into a completely unearned "moment" with Arnold's wife. WTF? The whole finale really was a bunch of gobbledygood ... like what the hell was happening with Tessa Thompson's character, all of a sudden she's a hologram? Because why? All in all just really shabby.

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2020 9:28 PM

LOL...the same thing happened with Game of Thrones which everyone ADORES...the writing/direction got progressively worse over the last 3 years to the point where the show was an incomprehensible silly mess by the end.

But, it had dragons so people give it a break.

I very much liked Season 1 and much of Season 2 of Westworld but I will agree this season had some writing and directing problems. It was all over the place with the plot and frankly the new plot threads weren't great and both Aaron Paul and Vincent Cassel added NOTHING to the show.

And, all the character motivations are now just riffs on bad comic book plotting. "I'm now your enemy because I want to join my robot daughter in the afterlife!" and "I'm now your enemy because my fake family got murdered because of you!"

Such nonsense. They've kind of ruined those three strong female characters...much like they did with the strong female characters in Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2020 10:41 PM

how does Tessa Thompson keep getting acting jobs anyways? She was worse than Aaron Paul !

by Anonymousreply 161May 6, 2020 1:57 AM

That’s just not true R160. Game of Thrones was absolutely ripped to shreds, especially in its final season. It most certainly was not given a critical or fan pass, at all.

by Anonymousreply 162May 6, 2020 1:33 PM

She's the woke lesbonic flavor of the month. Productions can check off a lot of boxes with her. And she's a lot more palatable than Lena Waithe.

by Anonymousreply 163May 6, 2020 2:44 PM

r159 - Bernard was the key - Delores hid it in Bernard because she could not trust herself. Tessa's character was using the Delos tech to appear to Delores as a hologram. That was Delores as well but she grew her own mind and rebelled after they killed the husband and child she decided all of humanity needs to go - so she is creating a host army. She killed the man in black and created a host dup of him. the Unknown is bernard. He went to AI heaven but something came back in him...the question is was it Bernard or someone else?

by Anonymousreply 164May 6, 2020 3:17 PM

A bunch of computer programs fighting each other. Such riveting drama.

by Anonymousreply 165May 6, 2020 3:49 PM

Seeing Dolores in her robot "bones" was the highlight of the season for me.

by Anonymousreply 166May 6, 2020 10:50 PM

R153 - You seem to want us to "mind you" a lot.

I won't.

by Anonymousreply 167May 6, 2020 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!