Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roger Ailes Showtime Series 'The Loudest Voice' (2019)

Starring Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, Sienna Miller, Josh Charles, Seth MacFarlane, and Annabelle Wallis.

[quote]This seven-part limited series is about Roger Ailes, the founder of Fox News. It focuses on the past decade in which Ailes arguably became the Republican Party's de facto leader, and the sexual harassment accusations that brought his career to an end.

Premieres Sunday, June 30 at 10/9c.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2021 12:53 AM

Russell Crowe still gets acting jobs in the US?

by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2019 6:48 PM

Of course. He's your go-to guy for fat, dirty sleazeballs.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Didn't realize until I saw the credits that it was Sienna Miller playing his girlfriend Beth

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2019 1:58 PM

that one guy doesn't even look like Sean Hannity

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2019 2:00 PM

r3 How was it?

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2019 2:00 PM

r4 I was shocked that they didn't cast somebody who looked and sounded more like him. Wonder if they will show Bill O'Reilly

r3 it was pretty good

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2019 2:03 PM

Oops that was meant for r5. It was good enough for me to keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2019 2:03 PM

the first hour was mostly about how Ailes left CNBC and helped start Fox News in under a year

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2019 2:09 PM

and it was Ailes idea to turn Fox into such a right wing network

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2019 2:20 PM

I wonder if Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman have been fighting because Kidman is playing Gretchen Carlson for that upcoming movie Fair and Balanced. Are they still friends?

We will probably see more TV networks and streaming services try to beat movies studios when it comes to "based on true story" content. Hulu seems to be working fast to make sure their Elizabeth Holmes mini-series is out before the Bad Blood movie adaptation.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2019 2:37 PM

[quote]Of course. He's your go-to guy for fat, dirty sleazeballs.

I agree. He'll probably play Steve Bannon in a movie or limited series years from now.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2019 2:45 PM

Crowe playing Ailes looks just like when Christian Bale had that Dick Cheney movie

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2019 3:34 PM

R12 I thought the same thing. John Lithgow is playing Ailes in Fair and Balanced and I saw a pic somewhere online of him with a bunch of prosthetics and a fat suit.

We will probably see more stuff like this of actors donning age makeup/prosthetics and fat suits to play famous fat ass pervs or douchebags. It will also happen with infamous fug women. You just know some movie about Kellyanne Conway will go into production in a few years and the actress who plays her will be wearing a nose prosthetic and "ugly" makeup.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2019 3:50 PM

I watched the first couple episodes. Then I threw up and stopped. Better now.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2019 5:03 PM

Why is it these guys (Kenneth Lay; Joe Paterno; Epstein, bin Laden, etc.) all "die" before they have to answer questions or go to trial?

Do they all get cremated?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2019 5:09 PM

Just started watching. Am loving the guy playing Rupert Murdoch.

Fun fact: I once sat next to Simon McBurney at a play. He smelled AMAZING.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Naomi Watts was fantastic in this.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 1:21 AM

Sienna Miller as a heavyset Hausfrau fan of Hello, Dolly! instead of as a hot Fox News blonde works uncannily well.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2019 3:26 AM

This show receives mixed reviews but I can’t imagine Bombshell will be better. It makes for unpleasant viewing but it’s not excellent.

It’s largely to make Ailes look worse, but Rupert Murdoch is portrayed as, well, not warm and cuddly, but as someone mild and intelligent whose motto is “It’s Just Business”. He finds Roger Ailes’ racism and bigotry as distasteful and only calls him out when it’s supremely unprofessional, like insulting the second largest shareholder, a Saudi prince, or directly insulting Obama (“Terrorist Fist Jab”). His amorality is considered a better option than Ailes’ immorality.

Barry Watson is perfect as Lachlan Murdoch.

Laurie Luhn is an in house whore.

Crowe’s accent is wishy washy and he’s too vibrant and charismatic in the role. McBurney’s accent is far too ocker/working-class, in fact borderline Kiwi in places. Otherwise they’re both excellent.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2019 4:21 AM

Seth McFarlane’s genial, porcine quality is put to good use.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2019 2:37 AM

Sienna Miller and Naomi Watts are styled similarly so at first I thought it is was Naomi playing Beth but with a fake nose. Why don't these shows have credits with the actors names attached to their character names?! Also IMDb says Naomi is in all 7 episodes when she is not in the first 2.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2021 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!