Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mike Gravel

He's running for president as a Democrat. How do we feel about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2019 6:51 PM

Susan Sarandon is a fan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2019 4:35 PM

As far as I know Gravel leaves kids alone so that's something I guess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2019 4:41 PM

I think what he's doing is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2019 4:42 PM

OP = Sue Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2019 4:43 PM

He was a pretty good Senator back in day. Times changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2019 4:46 PM

The last two paragraphs from the About Mike page.

[quote]In 1981, Sen. Gravel left Washington. In the decades afterward, he worked as an anti-war and pro-direct democracy activist as well as the CEO of several cannabis companies. In 2008, he ran for president, calling for an immediate military withdrawal from foreign countries, recognition of gay marriage, and a Green New Deal. Today, he resides in California with his wife of 35 years, Whitney. He is a proud father and grandfather.

[quote]Sen. Gravel is running for president to bring a message of anti-imperialism and direct democracy to the Democratic debates. He is not seeking to contest any primaries, but rather to qualify for the debates, push the field toward sane views on American imperialism and the need for fundamental political reform, and then endorse the most progressive candidate. All campaign staffers are volunteers, and money is only being spent on campaign expenditures (such as airplane tickets and web hosting). All leftover funds will be donated to get clean water for Flint, Michigan

I wish him luck but I think he will get much attention.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2019 5:17 PM

*I wish him luck but I don't think he will get much attention.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2019 5:19 PM

He 'has a lot of knowledge, wisdom and experience. He also supports Bernie and Tulsi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2019 3:42 AM

There need to be some anti-war candidates who are willing to force an open discussion about what is happening with Iran.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2019 3:51 AM

He’s the Harold Stassen of the Democratic Party

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 3:54 AM

He had his shot in 2008. The fact that 2 high school students drafted him is just...weird.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 4:02 AM

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2019 3:42 PM

He's gonna come out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2019 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!