Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Keanu Reeves’s Always Be My Maybe Is A Definite Yaaas!! 🙌🏻👍🏻

Marcus should really be happy for his friend Sasha. She's famous, she's opening a new restaurant and she's just met someone. There's just one thing holding him back: He's kinda in love with her. It's the set-up to the forthcoming "Always Be My Maybe," a film written by Ali Wong (a comedian who, actually, is from San Francisco) to debut in May.

RELATED: Ali Wong, Keanu Reeves movie filming in San Francisco

The premise centers around Marcus who wrestles with his feelings towards Sasha (Wong) when the two childhood friends reconnect after a falling out that lasted 15 years. Per the Hollywood Reporter, the two adults are now in disparate socioeconomic statuses; Marcus lives at home and works as a "happily struggling musician," while Sasha is a celebrity chef opening a restaurant in San Francisco. But as Marcus works to find the courage to tell her how he feels when they meet at UN Plaza near Civic Center, she drops the news that she's just met someone. See the teaser below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2019 2:18 PM

Dull movie. The trailer is not that interesting nice try paid troll.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 4:06 AM

Whaa... I clicked on the link to look at Keanu.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 4:11 AM

Why is Ali Wong getting all of Constance Wu’s parts? This should’ve been Constance’s movie. Can you imagine Constance and Keanu? 😍😍

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2019 8:30 AM

I can’t imagine anyone with Keanu. He’s a sweet man, wonderful to look at. But he’s been a shitty actor his entire career.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Shill thread.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2019 8:36 AM

Total shill thread. OP is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2019 8:04 AM

R3, the two lead characters are supposed to be "childhood friends". Both Wu and Wong are 37 and Keanu is 54, kind of a big age gap for childhood friends!

He should be making this film with Michelle Yeoh, who is 56, and even more beautiful than he is.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2019 9:00 AM

Keanu can pass for 37. Besides, that’s not the age they’re playing. They’re playing millennials, 20-somethings.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2019 10:34 AM

[quote]Can you imagine Constance and Keanu? 😍😍

No.

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2019 3:26 PM

OMG, this movie dropped today.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2019 5:10 PM

How is it on the scale of Netflix romantic comedies, with "Sierra Burgess Is A Loser" on the lower end to "Set It Up" on the higher?

I like Randall Park and Keanu, so I hope it's good.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2019 5:59 AM

Ali Wong is supposed to be what? She barely looks Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2019 6:02 AM

What weird part of asia i.e. Singapore, Malaysia etc. is she from?

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2019 6:02 AM

Per her wiki

Wong was born in the Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco, California. Her father, Adolphus Wong[5], was an American-born citizen whose forebears were from China. Her mother, Tam "Tammy" Wong, emigrated in 1960 to the United States from Huế, Vietnam.[6][7] She is the youngest of four children.[1][8]

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2019 6:34 AM

Lame corny movie. Keanu looks like an ugly, old homeless bum.... nothing remotely romantic or comedic about him.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2019 6:37 AM

r12 she is a weird big head... where did E.T. come from?

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2019 6:38 AM

[Quote] How is it on the scale of Netflix romantic comedies, with "Sierra Burgess Is A Loser" on the lower end to "Set It Up" on the higher?

Hopefully it's not as cliche as The Last Summer but slightly better than When We First Met.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2019 6:41 AM

No thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2019 6:42 AM

I recently saw Keanu on talk shows promoting John Wick 3, his hair was greasy and obviously dyed black, coz he didn't dye his beard and it all just looks so unkempt.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2019 6:43 AM

r19 He is definitely looking haggard. Pretty sure he's still partying hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2019 6:53 AM

He’s 55. He looks like a rode hard 45.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2019 3:48 PM

Ali Wong looks older than her age - but I'll take her over Constance Wu any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2019 8:31 AM

Keanu was brilliant! Totally stole the movie. One of the great cameos ever.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2019 5:55 AM

Does he have more scenes other than the one in the restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2019 6:10 AM

“Hopefully it’s not as cliche”, R17?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2019 6:12 AM

R24 yes, back at his hotel room

by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2019 6:33 AM

Fancy hotel suite. Playing drawing room games.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2019 6:50 AM

It’s way too long and the Reeves bit seems weirdly crow-barred in. There is no intrinsic reason it should be in the film other than ‘ Oh, look, it’s Keanu Reeves. Oh, and hey, he’s playing himself ironically ‘. Take the whole section out of the film and nothing changes.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2019 7:25 AM

R8, the characters graduated high school in 2003, which would make them mid-30s.

The Keanu Reeves scenes were great, but the rest of the movie was only ok.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2019 12:17 PM

R23 I miss your light.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2019 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!