Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there anything stronger than Xanax?

It’s a very puny medication. Miltown was so much better. My mother used to take Seconal, as I recall, but I was a VERY young child then. She said it was better than Miltown! So I guess every generation of drug has gotten weaker. A shame.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 8:10 PM

I guess there is nothing. I have to have something to drink with the Xanax in order for it to work right.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 2:47 PM

Try Fentanyl OP.

Guaranteed to cure ya.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 2:49 PM

oh hell yeah there is....but doctors won't prescribe anything hardly anymore that really works due to overdosing/deaths reaching insane levels..... i take klonopin which supposedly almost snuffed out stevie nicks but i have never had a bad effect from it other than sleeping/weird dreams.

back in the day and i mean way back my old (retired army) doc (GP) used to let me have 50 10 mg valium with refills.....my constitution must be rhino because nothing bad ever happened with those either and i took a lot, like i mean A LOT.............he was also great for PINT bottles of phenergren with codeine cough syrup.....talk about out of body experiences. that shit was great. then, he retired......

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 3:15 PM

Klonopin.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 3:18 PM

klonopin is not stronger than xanax......depends on dosage also. one doc gave me 0.05 mg pills= why bother... differs from person to person anyways.....

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 3:40 PM

Yeah - thanks to OxyContin, doctors are terrified of prescribing any effective anti-anxiety drugs. 1 mg Xanax works for me most of the time. But I have to pay a psychiatrist $350 out of pocket to get it.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 3:47 PM

Klonopin, and especially Valium, do nothing. 2 mg Xanax is the standard today, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 3:51 PM

Klonopin is supposed to be a slower acting drug compared to Xanax but it lasts longer. My doctor prescribes both for me. Klonopin for sleep and Xanax for panic attacks.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 4:01 PM

Maybe you can get some Seconal, OP!

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 4:13 PM

Sopors

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 4:21 PM

These drugs cause rebound anxiety.

[quote]...daytime rebound effects of anxiety, metallic taste, perceptual disturbances...can occur the next day after a short acting benzodiazepine hypnotic wears off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 5:36 PM

BULL! I’ve taken them for years (after the 1970s, Xanax was all you could get) and haven’t had “rebound anxiety.” My only issue is that it’s not as good as Miltown. I have to have a couple of gimlets before it really kicks in.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 5:53 PM

So I guess every generation of drug has gotten weaker try Indica THC OP

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 6:03 PM

Nembutal

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 6:39 PM

Give her librium or give her meth!

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 6:58 PM

Well remembered, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 7:04 PM

rebound anxiety in one of many asinine myths the medical community comes up with to fuck with your head.

just because they went to medical school doesn't mean they know everything by a long shot. they are NOT Pharmacologists.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 7:35 PM

No. Rebound anxiety absolutely exists. OP, did your mother take Seconal for sleep or to deal with anxiety?

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 7:57 PM

Nibble an edible.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 8:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!