Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

70s DLers will love this little story

and I'll post another @ R1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 3:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 3:02 AM

Thanks OP. I love Al Stewart’s music.

I’ve never been a fan of 10cc’s song I’m Not In Love and would change the radio dial to another station whenever it came on, but it was very interesting hearing how they came up with their concept

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 3:22 AM

“The Year of the Cat” was superb! The lyrics, the music, the performance were flawless. It’s a work of art.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 3:38 AM

I used to cat sit for a friend who lived on Prince Street. This song has always reminded me of him. We met at the Barefoot Boy when he sent a friend of his over to tell me how attracted he was to me, but he was too shy to tell me himself. I went home with the friend that night, but dated/fuckbuddied the original guy most of that winter (1975-76). I don't recall exactly how or why we broke up—we didn't really break up, per se, just disappeared from each other's frame of reference—but there were times when I was sleeping in his apartment alone, and I missed him. I met the first gay guy I fell in love with later that year, so I never saw Randall again.

He had this album, so I used to play the side with "I'm Not in Love" and thought of him.

I wanted to get in touch with him again after the internet happened, but he had died in 1993.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 3:51 AM

^^ Randall had a nasty stain lying there on a wall. I used to joke that I'd give him a picture of me to keep upon it.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!