Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mayor Rahm on Mayor Pete

Well, smell Rahm Emanuel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2019 12:13 AM

Doesn’t Rahm have some racist tirade to go on about Jussie Smollett?

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 2:00 AM

Lots of silly red herrings there. The last paragraph though is important

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 2:01 AM

Should a straight person really be bloviating on how important Pete's sexual orientation should be to Pete and to the electorate? He's like one of those "I don't see colour and I don't care what you do in the bedroom" well-meaning straight white liberals that make me cringe like nothing else.

[quote]Need a third line of questioning? How about this one: Mayor Pete was raised in the Catholic Church, and governs a city dominated by the nation’s most prominent Catholic university, Notre Dame. Nevertheless, he now worships at an Episcopal church in South Bend. Why the conversion? Has he ever had a crisis of faith?

This is just gross.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 2:03 AM

Wow. The knives are coming out. I don’t know that he is the best candidate either, but Emanuel should do a deep dive on every candidate if he is going to single out Pete.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 2:04 AM

Rahm can go eat a dick, no one in the city respects his carpetbaggin’ ass.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 2:10 AM

Rahm was a horrible mayor. He needs to eat shit and die.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 2:12 AM

Rahm Emmanuel obviously is being paid by somebody. Biden perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 2:14 AM

I don’t see what the problem is with this piece. If the press asked the questions he proposed, Pete would come across great. I don’t need to hear how to pronounce his name for the 100th time.

Rahm is complaining about your typical Chuck Todd lazy, self-satisfied journalism.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 2:20 AM

Rahm is a known piece of shit. He is definitely being paid to cause a stir.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 2:27 AM

Sheesh, Mayor Pete has been asked those questions in like every interview I've seen or read. I think Miss Rahm has "issues"

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 2:31 AM

"Why the conversion?" Why, indeed, Rahm. I can't imagine a single reason why an enlightened gay man would convert from Roman Catholicism.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 2:39 AM

Tiny Dancer always gets upset about the dumbest shit.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 3:05 AM

do I need to re-read as I didn't see this as a takedown down of Pete by Rahm , rather him throwing shade at the mdiea. What am I missing.?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 3:09 AM

R13, you are absolutely correct and not missing a thing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 5:48 AM

It isn't shade about Pete.

Rahm is saying, treat him like other candidates. There are plenty of other things to vet Pete about that have nothing to do with his preference for cock.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 1:41 PM

I agree with R13, R14 & R15. I didn't read this as a criticism of Mayor Pete. I read this as a criticism of the press for not asking more substantive questions. The reactions of some of the other posters here reminds me of when the guy was on Rachel Maddow's show and people were horrified that she asked him about his comparatively late coming out experience. A question isn't a criticism: often it's a way to get to understand someone better.

For me, the key statement in the article by Mayor Rahm (a shitty mayor IMO) is when he says: "Here's the bottom line: Buttigieg isn’t a gay candidate for president—he's a candidate for president who happens to be gay. Americans need reporters to explore whether he and the other candidates have the judgment, character, and experience required to do the most difficult job on the face of the Earth. It’s their job to help voters figure that out."

And that's not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 1:53 PM

If Pete's sexual preference becomes a major conversation in the press or interviews Pete won't make it. He's gay - get over it. Obama didn't make a big deal of his race - and I was very disappointed in Hillary playing her card as a reason for her loss to Trump. While there are always activists, etc that will vote for someone because of their demographic - black, gay woman - the majority of people will vote for the person's ability to lead. And that should be celebrated - equal rights have been a long fought hard battle - it's a win. No one will become president by playing a card as it is equal to playing victim.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 2:08 PM

I do expect Pete to surge tomorrow after Biden's announcement - Biden will fall flat - and people will go 'Meh' - and as a result his numbers will go down - Pete will benefit

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 2:11 PM

Rahm would probably like some of that Maltese dick.......

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]Mayor Rahm on Mayor Pete

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Pete is a top, FYI.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2019 3:08 PM

[quote]If Pete's sexual preference becomes a major conversation in the press or interviews Pete won't make it.

PREFERNCE ?

We see you, r17.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2019 3:12 PM

[quote]Pete is a top, FYI.

Fine.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2019 3:12 PM

The Press and people in general are not focused on Pete's sexual orientation and simply call him Mayor Pete in an affectionate manner.

It seems that Rahm Emanuel is the one focused on Pete's sexual orientation. I wonder who pissed in his cornflakes this morning?

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2019 3:27 PM

Rahm is a snake. If he slams Pete, it means Petes our guy.

I've known about Rahm since Gary Harts run. Word even back then was that he was gay and closeted but was not above playing on the affections of gay party workers.

Clinton bringing him in was the end of liberal Democratic politics and his running the Obama White House was the final nail.

Pete and the younger gen need to drive a stake through guys like Rahm. No wonder he and the DP leadership are nervously condescending.

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2019 12:08 AM

Wow. Nice to see this douche getting some scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2019 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!