Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steam Punk

It's at least twenty years old, and I still see it around sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2019 4:19 PM

Shabby Chic is even older! I have affection for Spanish Colonial. I suppose you are not referring only to decor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 1:00 AM

I know a group of sixty-somethings who have just recently gotten into the steam punk thing. It's definitely over.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 1:10 AM

I heard an old Thomas Dolby song yesterday and was thinking of this very thing, His whole look and aesthetic was prototypical steam punk back in 1982.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 1:12 AM

There was a steam-punk-y Smashing Pumpkins video in the 90s.

I think Titanic had a hand in the influence as well.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 1:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 2:12 AM

When Goths discover earthtones.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 2:49 AM

[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 4:19 AM

Stream punk is meh. Cyberpunk is where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 4:28 AM

This:

The Smashing Pumpkins released a music video for their 1995 single, "Tonight, Tonight", highly inspired by Georges Méliès's film A Trip to the Moon.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2019 4:08 PM

I love Steam punk in movies, for instance in

Wild wild west

The golden compass.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2019 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!