Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If I go to Italy will the men there try to pinch my ass?

And if not, are there any countries where the gay men are very forward?

by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2019 7:48 PM

Although Italy is INCREDIBLY cruisy, do not expect them to act on their cruising. The men there are big on looking but not touching.

You'll find more forward men in Spain or in North Africa.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 11:48 PM

Yes, because they're all very horny for fat, bald, 64 old American men. You'll also have them pulling at their crotch when they see you.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 11:50 PM

[quote]If I go to Italy will the men there try to pinch my ass?

Sadly, no.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 11:51 PM

Why don't you pinch THEIR asses instead?

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 11:54 PM

Any country where OP is encouraging strangers to grab him is ust going to wind up with his wallet stolen.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 11:54 PM

You need to head to Finland for that kind of touchy feeliness.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 11:55 PM

Travelled much ?...Outside the US that is.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 12:01 AM

You don't need to go overseas, just go to some t-room in Alabama

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 12:03 AM

Most men in Italy are closeted, or at least not fully out. Public displays of gay affection are rare. They're about 20 years behind other Catholic countries regarding gay rights, to say nothing of how they compare to Western European nations.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 12:05 AM

I was fondled on the Cairo buses and subway.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 12:06 AM

Papal reveries!

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 12:37 AM

R10, I'm not surprised by Cairo. I've heard stories. Talk about living dangerously though..

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 12:38 AM

Are of the female persuasia, OP?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 12:39 AM

In Italy you may get pinched in the ass, but it’s really a gypsy pinching your wallet.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 12:41 AM

Only if you are female

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 12:46 AM

They will abhor you for being a frumpy American who could never meet their level of style and elegance.

At least you'll be in good company with the frumpy Brits and Germans, and probably tanner!

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 12:55 AM

Only if you are a smooth slim twink

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 1:13 AM

Only if you’re a sexy slut and jezebel

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 1:18 AM

Hey whore/OP, if you want sex in Italy, go in the summer and hang out in the woods behind the beaches, there are always lots of horny men in there. Do your research first, I'm too tired to tell you all the cities/beaches.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 1:31 AM

Why does DL act like Italy is one thing? There's a difference between the North and the South.

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2019 1:35 AM

The entire world acts like Italy is one thing r20, because legally it is.

Most countries have cultural differences between different areas of it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2019 1:57 AM

Damascus. Until America went and trashed it.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2019 4:44 AM

R20 = Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2019 4:47 AM

Which places have the skankiest, horniest guys?

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2019 3:49 PM

Berlin has tons of gay sex clubs and cruisey bars r24.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote] will the men there try to pinch my ass

If that is where you keep your wallet.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2019 4:32 PM

Does Italy have good bath houses or sex clubs to partake of hot Italians in privacy?

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2019 6:23 PM

W&W, r26.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2019 6:26 PM

If they do, just turn the other cheek.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 6:34 PM

I've never been to Italy, but got the impression that guys there are often incredibly closeted.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 6:35 PM

Same happened to me, r10. It was the first time I actually felt violated. Cairo really wasn't all that pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 6:37 PM

Yup ANYWHERE in Egypt. I've also been fondled/attempted crotch grabs in Mexico, Columbia, and India. I'm tall bronze age and by in large they were smaller local bottom boys. Mexico City subways are often off the hook, movable discrete orgies.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 6:52 PM

THere was LOTS of cruising in Venice after dark, but I was partnered and didn't touch

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Only if you're a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 9:57 PM

R27 By all accounts, Italy is a big no if you are looking for steamy Mediterranean sex.

Go to Spain instead. Madrid and Barcelona (hell even Seville) has some amazing bathhouses with some of the most beautiful and horny men in the world. Plus enough tourists from all over the world.

Italy is for fraus living the Eat.Pray.Love dream.

Overtly homophic population. Too much Catholiscism show and tell. Repressed basketcase homos.

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2019 6:11 PM

It happened to me when I was there on a school trip. Some young, Italian sailors couldn't get enough to of me in some discotheque in Florence. Those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2019 6:52 PM

I've read numerous old threads here (pre-Erdogan) about Turkish men being very forward if you're foreign, obviously gay, and fair-skinned/haired.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2019 7:18 PM

Still true, turkish and middle eastern men love white young men/boys.

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2019 7:23 PM

Italians are overrated. I prefer Spaniards by far.

by Anonymousreply 39April 29, 2019 3:13 AM

I have a friend who worked as a pharmacist in Al Taif in Saudi Arabia for 3 years. . He said that when he walked home from the pharmacy, every single car that had only a driver in it would slow down and the man inside would make gestures with his mouth or hands indicating sexual readiness. His roommate, who taught English in the apartment they shared, apparently sucked off practically the entire male population of the town, yet, surprisingly his students never became fluent in English. Of course there are "rules". The foreign tourist has to be the passive one - the fuckee, not the fucker, or he must suck and never expect to be sucked.

My experience in Italy as a tourist is that there are many public cruisy areas, and MANY Italian men looking for sex, but there is a long tradition of local men and boys having sex with a tourist in these places and demanding payment afterward - "SOLDI". I definitely ran into that in Venice in the gay section of Lido. There used to be, and I don't doubt still are, lots of bars with dark backrooms for sex or at least groping. The problem is the hours. If you stay in a pensione and must be back by midnight, you'll be SOL, because the bars don't get going until after 11 pm at the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 40April 29, 2019 4:39 AM

R40 Isn't any kind of activity dangerous in the Middle East or is it only the Bottom who gets punished?

by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2019 2:46 AM

Depends on the person's status, r41. If you're from an influential rich family, you can get away with anything especially if you're royalty.

by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2019 12:30 PM

R40 is your friend white or asian? I’ve heard lots of filipinos , gays or straight,having similar experiences. Unfortunately also some bad stories of them being abducted and gang raped in the desert. The lucky (and slutty) ones got to live to tell but a few were fucked/beaten to death.

by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2019 12:50 PM

Do Arabs have a thing for Asians? Maybe because they're only looking for bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2019 9:31 PM

They're readily available that's why, r44. Most Arabs are into fair haired and skinned white people generally speaking.

by Anonymousreply 45April 30, 2019 9:37 PM

Is your ass wider than a Fiat?

by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2019 9:38 PM

Ehh, the men are very closeted over there and paranoid about someone finding out they are gay. I spent lots of summers in Naples as a kid and teen (my mom is from there and we have family living there). They have no interest in progressing. They just want to hold onto the past. Even as a teen I realized that it was all way more trouble than it was worth.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2019 1:05 AM

Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2019 1:20 AM

R48, if you are going for any type of gay scene, yes, you will be disappointed. It is lackluster, furtive, and underwhelming.

Italy does have the world's best PR machine though -- it has half the world convinced it's an idyllic paradise like "Under the Tuscan Sun," especially Americans. I've spent more than enough time there to see it through non-tourist eyes. They have more than enough of their own problems.

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2019 1:34 AM

r27, yes. I went to one in Milano, 1 in Firenze, 1 in Mestre (outside Venezia), 3 in Roma, 1 in Napoli, 1 in Catania. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2019 1:44 AM

Go to Spain instead, OP.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2019 1:54 AM

Strangely no gay scene. Looked for gay bars but the 2 I found didn’t open until like 11. Too late. For a big western country, really odd how there seems to be no gay scene. Makes Ireland look like the West Village.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2019 2:53 AM

[quote] Strangely no gay scene.

R52, don't expect that to change any time soon either, sadly. You could at least maybe expect guys my age (35) or younger to be more 'out.' But nope.

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2019 3:07 AM

R52 Italians are odd that way. Because of the church? But Spain and France are catholic too. Macho mafia culture is best I can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2019 10:30 PM

^ Brazil and Argentina are Catholic yet there’s no shortage of action.

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2019 10:46 PM

R54, you pretty much nailed it. Politics and social advancement play a distant role after the iron grip of the church, mafia, and family -- especially in the south. Also the omnipotent presence of the corrupt Vatican plays a part in this.

So it's not just Catholicism. That said, I would not be surprised to see the entirety of Latin America progress with gay rights before Italy. Hell, even Colombia -- a country which has essentially been closed off from the rest of the world because of internal civil war -- has socially progressed much more rapidly in a shorter period of time with gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2019 11:11 PM

It IS bizarre how much more progressive Spain is compared to Italy, despite both being declining Mediterranean Catholic countries. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2019 11:12 PM

R56 answered my question before I posted.

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2019 11:13 PM

Italy is great for gay sex, for my taste and the things I'm into. They're the easiest guys. You've got to understand the language and culture and how to operate. It's probably the most bisex country in Europe. If you're looking for an American style gay scene it's limited. Things are very mixed in Italy. It's very different from the States. But I much prefer it. However if you're a tourist, forget it.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2019 11:15 PM

R57 What do you mean declining? An overwhelming majority of Italians continue to identify as Catholic. And Churches in Italy and Spain are never empty like in Protestant countries like the U.K. or Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2019 11:28 PM

Italians are Catholic culturally buy not religiously.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2019 11:39 PM

In the mid 90s, between high school and college, I went to Turkey for two months. I was in between man and twink status. Blond and smooth. I'm surprised I made it out alive. I was passed around like a bong.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2019 11:40 PM

R61, more like they've retained a fondness for some of the worst elements of it -- the showboating pageantry, unwillingness to change, and hypocrisy, especially.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2019 11:46 PM

Clearly r61 has never been to Italy. I live here.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2019 11:49 PM

R64The pageantry is magnificent, historical, meaningful, culturally significant. Yes, it's unwilling to change. Don't hold your breath. The hypocracy? This is the Mediterranean after all.

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2019 11:52 PM

R64 Over 35 years in Italy. More there than the Us

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote]Go to Spain instead, OP.

Portuguese dick is way nicer.

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2019 11:54 PM

r62 detailed stories please

by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2019 12:06 AM

R65, I agree about the art and history, but one can hold onto the good aspects of traditional culture and still progress socially/culturally. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Just doubling down and being stubborn and averse to positive change does nobody any good in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2019 12:22 AM

OP, just waddle to your nearest Olive Garden. A grabby frau drunk on basic wine will reach out to grab an extra breadstick and touch your ass instead.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2019 12:25 AM

R69 there are old cultures in this world...whether it's Italy or Japan or wherever ...that cling to their way of doing things. Personally I'm glad they do. Others might disagree. But one thing for sure: Americans love telling the rest of the world how to live.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2019 12:32 AM

R71, well, I only feel so opinionated about this subject because my mother is from Italy and I've spent most of my childhood and teen summers there. As a gay teen, I certainly felt stifled in what I considered a regressive environment, and visiting off and on as an adult, it [sadly] doesn't seem like much has changed.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2019 12:42 AM

R72 if you felt stifled when growing up, see the current thread about growing up gay in the 1980s. And if you think things have not changed in Italy, you are sadly misinformed. Is it exactly the same as in the US? No. But to say it has not changed only shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2019 1:06 AM

Gore Vidal enjoyed getting pinched there.

by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2019 1:37 AM

R73, ehh, well if things are changing, they are happening at a snail's pace, IMO. Unfortunately, other Catholic countries are leaving Italy in the dust in regards to gay rights advancement.

Also, this thread is about what a [presumably] gay American tourist might expect during their travels to Italy. There is so much glowing, over-the-top praise about the whole country that one could be misled into thinking it's some sort of gay mecca when it's actually not. I don't think there's anything wrong with adding some counterbalance and saving somebody a couple of thousands of bucks before they go there.

by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2019 2:05 AM

R65 R69 I don't think contemporary societies that have glorious histories can claim antecedence that much. Are Italy and Italians similar to the Italy and Italians of old? How about the Greeks or Egyptians or Hindus?

Maybe they are no longer glorious today. And Italians are no longer at the vanguard of European progress.

by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2019 2:40 AM

So Italy is not like Call Me By Your Name?

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2019 2:46 AM

Don't be confused by Italian men wearing femme clothes or scarves around their necks. It doesn't mean they're gay...it's just "stylish."

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2019 3:19 AM

Lmao. This whole thread is cracking me up.

by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2019 3:27 AM

The OP is paraphrasing from an episode of Keeping Up Appearances, which of course is hysterical as it's Mrs Pussy that wants her bottom pinched.

by Anonymousreply 80May 2, 2019 3:57 AM

What percentage of out gay men in the United States have been to Italy? It's like the Gay Mecca no?

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2019 3:58 AM

Agreed on Spain. Italy is overrated by the frau crowd.

Spain has just as many unique regions with their unique culture and geographies as Italy.

I've heard the one advantage Italy has is better food.

However, if you are a gay man you will not be left wanting for attractive men - many of whom are drop dead gorgeous and not closet cases. Nightlife in Madrid and Barcelona (and Seville) is world-class.

Not to mention the gay enclaves on the Costa del Sol and in the Canary Islands.

Where are you gonna get that Italy?

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2019 4:22 AM

^ The Canary Islands are gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2019 3:46 PM

Italy has the treasures of Rome, Florence and Venice. No other country has as many UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Spain, on that point, simply can't compare.

by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2019 4:55 PM

R75 as a tourist what exactly are you expecting to find in Italy that you can't?

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2019 4:59 PM

"Spain has just as many unique regions with their unique culture and geographies as Italy." So not true: Sardinia, Sicily, Ischia, Capri, Procida, Filicudi, Ponza, Elba, Lampedusa, Lipari, Giglio, Panarea, Pantelleria, La Maddelena, Asinara, Stromboli, Termiti, Sant'Erasmo, San Giulio, the Aeolian, Mount Isola, Ortigia....And those are just some of the islands. And then there are the mountains, starting with the Italian Alps...

by Anonymousreply 86May 2, 2019 5:50 PM

Men there will try to pinch your wallet.

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2019 5:53 PM

I agree with r86. Spain is cool and all but it can't compete with Italy. Hell, few countries can anyway.

by Anonymousreply 88May 2, 2019 7:08 PM

...Depends...

by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2019 7:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!