Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Realtor Deb Brittan Organizes Daddy-Daughter Sex Promise Parties

In Louisiana, 17-year-old Hannah Lee Powers recently attended a Purity Ball with her father, Beauchamp. The formal occasion, entails the girls wearing long white gowns and the fathers donning smart suits, attending a dinner and dance - making it look like a wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2019 1:33 AM

So....is this the same kind of promise you make when you tell your parents, "of course, I've done all my homework." "I ate a healthy lunch today" and "I only use the internet for homework and looking at cat videos"?

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 11:12 PM

Pretty gross... not gonna lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 11:13 PM

Then daddy takes her home and plays with her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Creepy. Are those dads banging their daughters. Most fathers obsessed with their teenage daughter staying a virgin are pedos.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 11:16 PM

Where is the Dominionist Troll? He was gold for these sort of things.

Isn't this the ceremony where the daughter shaves her father? (shaves his face, perverts!)

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 11:16 PM

So it's like a really boring quinceañera?

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 11:17 PM

My Heart Belongs To Daddy

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2019 11:19 PM

White trash fantasies. She’ll be sucking Jimbo’s dick out back behind the shed within a week.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2019 11:21 PM

Why are they saying BALL in front of these young girls? Don't be talking about balls in front of them.

It's the Devil's work, I tell you. Mark my words!

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2019 11:22 PM

"I love you unconditionally...as long as you have a hymen"

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2019 11:23 PM

Do they polish daddy’s pole? Does he pull it out to show her what one looks like? Anyway the local Chick-fil-A here advertises a Daddy-Daughter Date Night on it’s sign once in a while. This event looks classier, but I bet there’s no liquor.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2019 11:23 PM

Triggered.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2019 11:24 PM

This is like a deb ball for Southern Baptists. These are the same people who, when their daughter gets pregnant at 16, make her marry the boy and have the baby.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2019 11:28 PM

LOL R12

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2019 11:28 PM

I've known people who made the purity promise thing, but not that went to a party about it, most of the ones I knew promised in a groups at church. BTW. I've known guys who have done it, and girls who have done it. The guys promise their mothers and the girls promise their fathers, then they are given a purity ring to wear.

Here is the thing, though, many of the young people I knew who did the purity thing figure out ways to work around it, usually using twisted readings of the Bible. I've had some explain that as long as they do not engage in vaginal sex they are pure, blow jobs, fingering, eating out pussy, for some even think anal is allowed. One guy explained that he worked out, by reading the Bible, that he could get blow jobs, but because his seed couldn't be spilled the girl had to agree to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2019 11:29 PM

R15 Christians are deranged and brainwashed

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2019 11:44 PM

All the Jonas brothers did a purity pledge. Um...yeah that worked

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2019 11:51 PM

R16 Some of the most deranged people I've ever met are atheists. It is easy to take what a small sub-set of group does and try to paint the whole group as crazy. But, here is the thing, most other people, I knew, in those churches thought that the purity families were crazy, creepy, and cult like.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2019 11:51 PM

R6 Quinceañeras are a little different in that they often also include a baby shower as well for the teen girl.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2019 11:54 PM

Granted, my first had a fantastic cock, but imagine how miserable you'd be if you married the first guy you ever fucked.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2019 11:57 PM

Memories light the corners of my mind...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2019 11:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 11:59 PM

I read about this years ago. Still one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard of.

Reality check: no one gives a shit if you’re a virgin. And if you marry someone who makes a huge deal about, there’s a pretty good chance your husband will turn out to be an insecure, controlling, abusive jerk.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2019 12:11 AM

Do you mean that Mommy and Daddy lied when they told me that I had to be a virgin to get into USC?

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2019 12:23 AM

These are the same people who were role models for the new founding fathers ie rulers in the purge.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2019 12:27 AM

There is something utterly revolting about these things.

The fundie nutbags will all cry how beautiful and respectful it is. How chaste and god loving.

But, we ALL know it smacks of more than being just a little bit incestuous and pedo-creeper. Funny how Genesis 19 about Lot and his daughters made it into the Bible.

Also, why aren't there these so-called purity balls for sons and their mothers. Isn't chastity as important for boys? We all know the reason, so let's not try to pretend.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2019 12:29 AM

I think it's sick personally and abusive. Do they make the boys go with their moms? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2019 12:39 AM

Mother always tells me that I need to marry a virgin like my father did, and to make sure I always have cash on hand for the non-marrying type.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2019 12:44 AM

Came here for R12. Was not disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 12:46 AM

R5, I've seen the Dominion Wackiness Troll posting on the Free Jinger board.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 12:52 AM

So many broken promises.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 12:53 AM

Mother-son Cougar dances would be a good counterpart. Middle age mamas and their gorgeous athletic teenage sons slow dancing to Michael Bolton and Celine.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 12:58 AM

In Louisiana purity means anal sex.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 1:01 AM

Does Daddy remove the garter from her thigh with his teeth?

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 1:01 AM

That must be southern Louisiana, because no way would there be a social event with blacks and whites in northern Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2019 1:02 AM

R26 According to this website they invite their sons to attend the balls and watch how the fathers and daughters interact, which just ups the creepy factor. Also around age 12, the boys have a Manhood ceremony. I have no problem with preaching chasteness and purity, but these people take it to the extreme. It is like abstinence only sex education, which is stupid, but I have no problem with programs emphasizing that abstinence is the only 100%protection from STIs and pregnancy, and is a valid lifestyle choice, as part of an overall comprehensive sex education program.

These things are pushed by a small subset of evangelicals in a movement called Christian patriarchy, like the Duggers. Most of them also believe that their children male or female must live in their home until marriage, furthermore their children do not date, they go through a courtship, where the male must win over the father, who will then say that whether or not they should get married, the potential spouses spend no time alone during the process. Also, the father retains complete control over his wife and un married sons and daughters until he dies, he also exercises control over his married sons, daughter-in-laws, and their children until he dies. He loses control over his daughters when they marry, unless their husband comes from a non-patriarchal family, then he must submit himself and his family to his father-in-law.

It is crazy and most Evangelicals do not agree with the movement, but it is very strong among the homeschooling crowd. They are also trying to stealthily take over the Southern Baptist Convention, even though most of the pew sitters don't agree with it at all. My Aunt was a messenger(which is like a delegate) to the national convention last year. When I told her about this movement she was shocked, because that isn't Baptist, to her it sounded like the Taliban, and she has since alerted other Baptist women about the movement.

Most families I have met, that have tried it failed. The parents end up divorcing, the children leave, or they end up in jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2019 1:05 AM

It’s not creepy if Jesus tells you to do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2019 1:08 AM

Yeah, we lost the DWT to Free Jinger.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2019 1:10 AM

I can only imagine what I would've been like in this environment. I'm gay, independent, and incredibly strong-willed.

Thanks for not being psychos, Mom and Dad!

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2019 1:15 AM

Only in the South. All inbreds. They should all be shot and killed.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2019 1:32 AM

R40, the second line of the story is this:

[quote]The Purity Movement started in Colorado Springs 20 years ago, and has since spread across 48 states and 17 countries.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2019 1:33 AM

Deb Brittan is a beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2019 1:34 AM

R36 that all sounds insane and beyond that, unhealthy. It really is Taliban-like.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2019 1:37 AM

It's so unseemly for these people to be talking in public about their children's sex lives, or lack thereof. Too much information!

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2019 1:39 AM

R44 Thankfully, that was my parents reaction, when people started talking about these things when I was in High School.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2019 1:44 AM

R32 I can't stop laughing at that imagery. WW.

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2019 1:44 AM

Of course R43. "Sharia Law is the worst! Unless you use OUR book!"

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2019 1:45 AM

I taught my daughters how to suck a tennis ball through a garden hose when they were tweens. And that anal is a good work around. Jesus rocks, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2019 2:26 AM

how many Karen Silkwood showers can I take tonight?

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2019 3:07 AM

R17 Miley Cyrus did too...then Bangerz happened...

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2019 3:18 AM

Americans are too obsessed with their daughters twats . The conservatives and liberals both have their own version of protecting their daughters "purity ". With right wingers it's these balls, with liberals it's reflected in their hysteria over the "campus rape crisis ", ie college girls upset because they slutted it up freshman year after downing too much vodka. I remember reading that the Dutch have a more laissez-faire attitude towards these things. They accept that teenagers will usually become sexually active and it's not the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2019 3:31 AM

Ol’ Deb sounds like a big perv her own damn self. Why is an elderly old Frau so concerned with teen girls sex lives.

Gross, woman. Satan I rebuke thee and thine haircut!

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2019 3:49 AM

You people are unseemly. This is a simple, wholesome ritual that has Jesus Christ’s stamp of approval in the. wicked, sin-filled playground we call The World .

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2019 3:54 AM

handmaid's tale

by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2019 3:56 AM

I'll give the daughters the benefit of the doubt and say they're naive. (Not really, but anyway.)

But what's with the fathers going along with this creepy shit?

by Anonymousreply 55April 24, 2019 4:01 AM

R11 There is nothing wrong with Daddy-Daughter date night and I've also seen Mama-Son date nights at restaurants, they are usually for younger children and are not sexual in anyway. Just a chance for a parent to spend some one-on-one time with their son or daughter. It is nothing like these balls, where they get dressed up, have a banquet, and the daughters pledge their purity and the father's pledge to protect their daughter's purity, which is just creepy. I would say old fashioned, but this is an entirely a new custom. I'm thinking even the Puritans or Victorians would have thought it unseemly and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 56April 24, 2019 4:05 AM

Why is it always the Fundamentalist Religions ( The Taliban, these insane Evangelicals, etc) who are always obsessed with kids - i.e. GIRLS Sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 57April 24, 2019 4:47 AM

Fundamentalists of every stripe are threatened by the world around them. That's why they retreat into fundamentalism. The threats are everywhere! They must resist!

Newly fertile daughters threaten the fragile little dominion these insecure fathers have created. One minute you're the father, the man of the house, the founder of the family. And the next minute, that cheap little slut has turned you into Grandpa.

Therefore, they must be controlled.

by Anonymousreply 58April 24, 2019 11:33 AM

It's interesting how all fundamentalist religions, no matter what their stated creeds, are just alike. And the likeness always somehow centers around men dominating women and children. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 59April 24, 2019 2:42 PM

They indoctrinate their daughters to believe they are choosing this. The choice is that their hymens belong to daddy first and foremost and then to their husbands.

It's a way of legitimizing the idea that women's bodies are not their own and belong to men for their pleasure or abuse.

by Anonymousreply 60April 24, 2019 2:52 PM

This is incredibly creepy. Fathers should not be this obsessed or controlling about their daughters' sex lives. I've known types like this. Usually the girl has butt sex with her boyfriend for years or finds other ways to get around it. Or they marry ridiculously young. Or they get pregnant at 17 because the forbidden fruit was too tempting.

by Anonymousreply 61April 24, 2019 3:02 PM

We have sex parties for our kids here in liberal land. We hand out the beer, wine and spliff while also making sure there are bowls full of morning-after pills for those who've gone the vaginal route.

We call it PROM.

by Anonymousreply 62April 24, 2019 3:13 PM

I wonder if any of those who work around the pledge actually checks with their parents if it's okay. "Hey, dad, it's fine if I do anal, right?" Probably not, but it'd make for some interesting dinner conversation.

by Anonymousreply 63April 24, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote][R11] There is nothing wrong with Daddy-Daughter date night and I've also seen Mama-Son date nights at restaurants, they are usually for younger children and are not sexual in anyway.

Yes, there is something wrong with it. One can go out with one's parent(s) and not refer to it as a date.

Inherently, it obfuscates what should be a big, bold line in the sand. It is not a reflection of having one's head in the gutter to see that such behavior smudges that line.

by Anonymousreply 64April 24, 2019 3:20 PM

[quote] I've known people who made the purity promise thing

Oh dear god. Where do you live? I'd be packing my Uhaul as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 65April 24, 2019 3:23 PM

R61, it’s usually the latter. People, especially teens, whose hormones are surging like rockets flying into space, are going to have sex, ESPECIALLY when they’re told not to. This is human nature, and our biological imprint, and survival of species demand that this be the case. It’s not a matter of immoral or moral. If we’re discussing this subject matter in reference to survival of the species, which fundamentally, that’s what sex boils down to, even according to fundies, then we have to accept the fact that at least half or more of these kids who are raised in these fundie households, will have sex before marriage, or worse, marry at 18, in order to get away from their oppressive family, only to find themselves completely unprepared for marriage, and parenting.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to save it for marriage, IF that is actually the true choice of the individual deciding to do so. But imposing this expectation on a teenager is a recipe for disappointment and possible disaster. Almost every girl I knew in high school, who ended up experiencing unwanted pregnancies, came from fundie or Catholic families.

by Anonymousreply 66April 24, 2019 3:23 PM

r56 = frau lost on her way to a Meghan Markle thread.

by Anonymousreply 67April 24, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]with liberals it's reflected in their hysteria over the "campus rape crisis ", ie college girls upset because they slutted it up freshman year after downing too much vodka.

You're an asshole. And wrong.

by Anonymousreply 68April 24, 2019 3:29 PM

R66-I knew a girl in college like this. It wasn't her parents but her own decision to become a fundie. They empathized chastity above all else and she wore a purity ring etc. Became pregnant within a year of joining the fundie campus organization.

by Anonymousreply 69April 24, 2019 4:00 PM

I had three male cousins all raised with this purity bullshit, and they all married right out of high school because they were so desperate to get laid. All of them became fathers before they were old enough to drink. All of them are now on their second or third marriages, one has a serious drinking problem, and one is a meth head. The one who doesn't have a substance abuse issue has a fiance 20 years younger than he is. Of course, all of them support Trump.

Fuck this southern fundie bullshit. It's so toxic and damaging.

by Anonymousreply 70April 24, 2019 4:16 PM

None of this shit works. These communities have the highest teen pregnancy rates in the US.

A big problem is, when they start getting horny, they are unprepared for safe sex. They tend to start having sex a mere 6 months on average after everyone else,

by Anonymousreply 71April 24, 2019 6:31 PM

Remember when the Jonas Brothers proudly wore their chastity rings??

They conveniently removed them as soon as they got horny

by Anonymousreply 72April 24, 2019 6:32 PM

and then the daddy fucks his daughter--pretty typical in fundie communities

by Anonymousreply 73April 24, 2019 6:33 PM

They're no different from the Taliban. Same shit, different book.

by Anonymousreply 74April 24, 2019 9:11 PM

R64 We are talking about children around 4-6 doing the Daddy-Daughter, Mama-Son Date nights. you know that cute age where children regularly will say they want to grow up to marry their parent. There is nothing creepy or sexual about those occasions.

Also, you do know a date is not inherently romantic or sexual, right? Haven't anyone ever made plans with you to hang out or go somewhere, and you answer "that's a date."

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2019 12:30 AM

Was just coming on here to mention that r70. How is it awful to have safe, protected pre-marital sex, but getting married, divorced and remarried multiple times is perfectly okay with these people. It’s twisted.

I wonder what the STI stats are for these communities. Pretty sure the kids aren’t using condoms at their age.

by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2019 12:47 AM

R36 et al: I have to say the post creeped the hell out of me. The whole hide your head in the sand and hope the fruit of your loins isn't gonna be a) Jumping some girls bones, or some guys. Unreal.

But leave it to Christian Shit Stains to do this kind of stuff - when they know full well that a little ring isn't gonna stop your boy or girl from bumping uglies at some point in time.

And that thing where the parents are in control even into adulthood? Ut si! My father tried that. He found out very quickly his son was his own man and not to interfere with my life.

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2019 1:29 AM

Makes me miss the Dominion Wackiness Troll.

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2019 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!