Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Wan Tackling Stephen King's Vampire Tale 'Salem's Lot'

[quote]James Wan and Gary Dauberman, the respective producer and writer collaborators behind many of the biggest hits of the Conjuring horror universe, are teaming to adapt the novel for New Line. Dauberman will write the script and serve as executive producer. Wan will produce, along with Roy Lee and Mark Wolper.

[quote]Published in 1975, King’s book centers on an author who returns to his hometown in order to write about an abandoned mansion in the small town. As he discovers the home has been bought by a mysterious man from Europe, the man also realizes that townspeople are slowly being turned into vampires. The writer bands together with a ragtag group to stop the spread of vampires, with the final confrontation happening in the house with the mysterious man.

[quote]While Salem’s Lot has never been adapted to the silver screen, it has been translated to the small screen. A 1979 miniseries starred David Soul as the writer, and a sequel in 1987 followed. Rob Lowe starred in a more recent adaptation, which was made by TNT in 2004.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 1:01 AM

Interesting book discussion from back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 11:09 PM

And an ongoing discussion of its TV adaptations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 11:09 PM

Oh I was hoping they'd do a new adaptation of 'Salem's Lot. I hope they keep the Master from the original TV series rather than Barlow, though.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 11:21 PM

I wish they would do a full version of "Needful Things".

They did a TV version with Ed Harris and Max von Sydow but the extra scenes that appeared in the extended TV version never made it to video.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 11:48 PM

'Salem's Lot scared me when I first read it and the original TV adaptation with David Soul and Lance Kerwin was also frightening (yes, I know it's really not).

The character of Danny Glick hovering outside Lance's window asking to come in gave me nightmares and I really hated the scene where the town's school bus driver finds a bunch of vampire students in the bus.

Plus, I love the ending of book.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 12:48 AM

Look at me teacher.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 1:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!