Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Movie Nights with friends

Do any of you ever have movie nights with a group of friends where you watch DVDs or something on Netflix? What sort of movies do you watch? Do any of you wealthy DLers have a home theatre with a big screen and stadium type seating?

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 10:01 PM

No, because when I watch a movie, I want complete silence so I can pretty much immerse myself in the film, as long as the movie is well-done. I could not stand watching with a group of people who are likely to comment or otherwise interrupt my viewing pleasure. As you know, in a group setting there is certain to be one of more of those types.

As for movies I watch: I go for heavy, serious stuff (i.e. Requiem For A Dream, Schindler's List, etc.), much of which is foreign. In fact, I would say a majority of what I watch now are foreign films. I find them MUCH better than most American movies.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 9:40 PM

Funny you should mention that because a friend and I used to have movie nights regularly at the home of a mutual friend who is a REALLY loud lesbian. So, now, if we do movie nights at her place we usually just watch bad movies that we can joke about and talk through. If there is something that we actually want to watch, we'll watch it without her.

I, personally, enjoy watching most movies alone too, but movie nights can be fun once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 10:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!