Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite supportive casual shoe?

I’m looking for sneakers, slides, or sandals. I am on my feet a lot. I’m a heavy guy too. Need really good arch support. I like Merrell but I need more ideas. Also if there’s an insert you use let me know which ones are good and supportive. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2019 12:45 AM

Easy Spirit

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 8:26 PM

Birkenstock.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 8:27 PM

Clodhoppers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 8:39 PM

I swear by SAS shoes. I have problems with my feet and the orthopedist turned me on to them. Very supportive for my flat feet and come in a range of widths. Life changing. Not the most attractive shoes out there but not horrible. I am at the point where I will choose comfort over style. They are also well made, my first pair is going on three years old and still looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 8:44 PM

With those prices they OUGHT to be well-made!

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 10:00 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2019 1:33 AM

Enna Jetticks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2019 2:50 AM

Red Wing chukkas. Perfect for where I live (PNW)

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2019 4:59 AM

Kean

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2019 3:27 PM

I have fairly high arches (a classic sign of aristocratic breeding) and live in flip flops when not at work (a classic sign of low breeding) and Vionic flip flops are a godsend.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2019 3:36 PM

"I have fairly high arches (a classic sign of aristocratic breeding)"

😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2019 4:12 PM

CAT™ makes some great shoes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2019 4:14 PM

^^ Well, they don't make them but they sell them.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2019 4:25 PM

Seconding Vionic as a brand to check out.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2019 4:41 PM

ECCO makes great shoes and sneakers. I have problematic old feet but they love ECCO.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2019 4:46 PM

Vionically speaking, these are cute. I'm looking for a slip-on that doesn't need to be tied. Or is that a contradiction in terms? I'm sick of the laces coming undone on my Topsiders.

Foot fashion friends: how would these look with those socks you can almost not see?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2019 4:49 PM

Looks like Foamtread slippers.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2019 5:09 PM

Dansko, but be sure to get the Vibram soles, not the cheap ones. I used to wear Keens, but I stopped when they sold out to a company that made them cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2019 5:21 PM

R16 - That's because you're tying your shoe laces wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2019 6:05 PM

Thanks, r19. I just tied my Topsiders that way. We'll see how long it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2019 6:18 PM

Doc martens.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2019 6:50 PM

Female here with high insteps. I like Clark and Born.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2019 7:20 PM

r16 I love those, but then I have a penchant for blue shoes.

I have a high instep (not sure what that is a sign of) and very wide feet, so I have hard time finding shoes that fit well and that I like. Surprisingly, I've found a lot of nice stuff at Skechers lately. And for the person with the laces issue, they have some styles with elastic laces that aren't tied at all, but allow the shoe to be used as a slip-on. I usually hate loafers and slip-ons because they're too tight on the instep, but the Skechers shoes were great.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2019 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!