Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Something tells me Pete Buttigieg campaigning tactics are a mess

No policies. Repetitive answers. Talking too cerebral for simple questions. It looks novel in the beginning but it wears off eventually. You can see it in the townhall last night. When he said he'd be of Trump's age in 2054 or when he said that channel needs to be changed ( for millionth time) there was no applause or cheering. People cheered first or second time when they heard him say those things but u can't expect them to cheer for your same lines all the time.

And still there is no campaigners in the state of Iowa or New Hampshire, two, make or break caucus states for him. I understand that he wants national exposure first and explain what his values are before delving into details about policies. But there is nothing to suggest that both policies and values can't be worked on simultaneously. It's just very incompetent to say that they were expecting only to raise his profile and make people pronounce his name by the end of fucking MAY!!!! The first democratic debate is going to be in June. If you can't establish what your policies are , then fucking die.

Why no policy committee was formed when he could form exploratory commitee ? What bullshit is this. I am sorry, I am very pissed off. Last night was a great opportunity for him to raise profile but he was boring as fuck except two mic drop lines but no one is going to care about them during primaries.

He and his campaign keep regurgitating that they wanted

by Anonymousreply 61April 24, 2019 3:05 AM

Yes, he's very talky and light on actual policy. Last night's CNN event was a moment of disillusionment for me when it comes to Pete. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks and months.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 7:15 PM

Something tells me OP is a troll of somewhat suspect origins. Probably a BernieBro.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 7:16 PM

He has no chance of being President but I am thankful for his presence on the Democratic candidate stage. He's smart and can communicate what people need that Trump isn't giving them.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 7:20 PM

The Dems' problems is they want concrete policies, not simple talking points.

Hillary has loads and loads of detailed policies. How'd that work out?

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 7:21 PM

He’s running for 2024 or something else.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 7:22 PM

r2 put me on ignore see the other threads I started/commented to see if I am BernieBro. Bye

R4 That's not entirely right. Why do they have to be mutually exclusive ? You can talk values and also have concrete policies. Having only one of them won't work

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 7:23 PM

Lots of trolling OPs on Pete. Calm down OP- or else you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2019 7:24 PM

[quote]put me on ignore

Tempting, but you don't seem all that important.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2019 7:25 PM

I have been a donator and big fan but everything about his campaign needs to rise to another level. Perhaps they didn't expect this success and now don't have any "big guns" to run this thing. I dunno , lets see what this Biden rollout looks like and then revisit Pete's campaign weaknesses. Everyone may need to switch gears here real quick anyway!t

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2019 7:31 PM

I read an article that he is running a lean campaign (like a start up - not hiring the staff he needs - just winging it) - however, he will need substance or he will go no where. Well, that's how it is suppose to be but then Trump changed all those rules. Dems will probably be held to a different standard as the folks that voted for Trump were okay with him just wanting to shake things up, inciting violence and dividing the country.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2019 7:33 PM

How many of these concern threads about Pete do we need everyday?

Somebody should just consolidate all of these grievances into one "I'm Concerned about Pete Buttigieg!" thread. The trolls can have at each other there.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2019 7:34 PM

He doesn't take a strong stand on anything and constantly equivocates. I always found him disingenuous and his rhetoric is starting to sound alarmingly empty.

My gay friends remain ga-ga over this guy, but unless he shows strength instead of showing off his foreign language prowess, he's going to start hemorrhaging support.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2019 7:34 PM

Frau troll ^

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2019 7:36 PM

I always knew he was an empty suit but most of you act ga ga over him because he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2019 7:37 PM

^ You mean posters on a gay forum are excited about a gay Democratic candidate?

OMG! What a shocker!

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2019 7:38 PM

Majority of candidates are talking points. Only a handful have policies. This is why I am cheering for Yang and Warren. They are the only ones trying to solve the issues for everyday Americans. Not just a pretty face or eloquent speaker or “I’m gay”

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2019 7:39 PM

[QUOTE]I always knew he was an empty suit but most of you act ga ga over him because he is gay.

WRONG.

It’s because he’s gay, masculine and attractive. Get it right.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote] How many of these concern threads about Pete do we need everyday?

It's a common, easy Troll tactic. Create new threads on the same topic everyday to make it seem like their concerns are a thing. It's probably the same troll doing it every day.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2019 7:41 PM

"If you can't establish what your policies are , then fucking die."

Bye, Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2019 7:42 PM

R17. There is nothing masculine about him. Anyone can be eloquent and well spoken if they get over their public speaking phobia. He is not attractive he is average looking at best. He might be those qualities to you but he is not to others. I find him quiet boring.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2019 7:42 PM

Idiot at R13, I'm gayer than Ikea on Super Bowl Sunday and slightly to the left of Trotsky.

You are so giddy about a gay candidate that you're blind to everything else, and you will be to the bitter end.

He might have a future in statewide candidacies in Indiana, but the national affection for Mayor Peter will ebb to a trickle long before the primaries, unless he starts talking about serious policies in specific terms.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2019 7:46 PM

There is only one candidate on the ballot today "talking about serious policies in specific terms" and that's Elizabeth Warren. Using that as your goalpost means that you just disqualified literally every other Democratic candidate.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 7:50 PM

IN is red now so his chance statewide is lower than nationwide.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2019 7:52 PM

Democrats over policy speak to the point of boredom. Pete’s not like that.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2019 7:53 PM

Buttigieg has made it pretty clear what his strategy is. Step 1 was to get known, accepting pretty much every invitation to appear on every obscure radio and television show, town hall, etc.

Step 2, as I understand it, is to build up the campaign apparatus, particularly in the key early primary states.

Step 3 will be those "serious policies in specific terms" that some of you want.

Obviously, he succeeded at step 1. Step 2 is now in progress and the jury is still out. Anyone wringing their hands at this stage, though, is pretty clearly a concern troll with an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2019 7:55 PM

Wrong, R25.

We're not "wringing our hands." We're paying attention. And Pete's not saying much of anything with substance.

Maybe that will change, but if it doesn't, you will still follow him off the cliff, won't you?

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2019 7:57 PM

His campaign tactics are a mess because he doesn’t really have a campaign. He’s just enhancing his national profile. He’s running to be the Governor of Indiana someday, not the President.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2019 7:58 PM

LOL... Uh-huh, right, R26. This clearly isn't concern trolling:

[quote]He doesn't take a strong stand on anything and constantly equivocates. I always found him disingenuous and his rhetoric is starting to sound alarmingly empty.

[quote]My gay friends remain ga-ga over this guy, but unless he shows strength instead of showing off his foreign language prowess, he's going to start hemorrhaging support.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2019 7:58 PM

Because Donald Dumbo is the most eloquent speaker. Pete should just stand aside.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2019 8:00 PM

Andrew Yang is a more eloquent speaker and has presented more salient ideas. I don't agree with all of Yang's suggestions and am not on any sort of "Yang train", but it goes to show you how none of us can avoid that media darling status. Yang was never presented as a viable candidate, so we all ignored him. Pete isn't a bad candidate by any means. He is one of the stronger Democratic candidates. But, his political persona is missing something. I don't quite know what it is. Maybe he'll be excellent at the debates, and then every other Dem candidate will need to worry.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Sounds too BernBro trollish, OP.

Pete is spectaclar. Bernie, $ Jane, Putiny and Bone Spurs, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2019 8:13 PM

spectacular^

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Ahem--an article written last night. Pete Buttigieg up 14 points. OP needs to keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2019 8:22 PM

Something tells me OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote]Talking too cerebral for simple questions.

Yes, well it appears that you *would* be the expert when it comes to this particular flavor of pretense.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2019 8:27 PM

It is cnn I am sure Hillary had 80 percent chances of winning. You know the dem field is a mess when Pete allegedly scores high after a town hall circus.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2019 8:33 PM

He stands for nothing but his own advancement. That's why he chose to work at McKinsey for three years. No thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2019 8:41 PM

[quote] How many of these concern threads about Pete do we need everyday?

We could actually have some fun with this and turn into a Datalounge game. Predict the next thread titles expressing faux concern over Buttigieg's campaign. Turn it into a drinking game if you some hours to kill.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2019 8:47 PM

Jealous hags trying to dim Mayor Pete's ~*shine*~ Every day their chorus echoes louder and louder as Mayor Pete gets stronger and stronger.

We're not voting for almost another year. There's no rush. Anyone that honestly thinks most Americans are 1) policywonks and 2) give much of a shit at this stage clearly just have a vested interest in tearing Pete down to not be a threat to their preferred candidate.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2019 8:50 PM

The divisive trolls reek of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2019 8:58 PM

Pete's worst blunder is comparing Trump supporter's to Bernie's.

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2019 9:00 PM

Eekk! Typo .It is Trump Supporters to Bernie supporters.

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2019 9:02 PM

I am the biggest fan of Pete but I fully agree with u OP. Hope he sorts it out soon. I am willing to volunteer in my state california and i request other dlers to do the same. This is not the time to discussions guys, please pull up your socks and make history. #peteforamerica

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2019 9:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 9:41 PM

OP Boris feels threatened...

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2019 9:44 PM

Fuck off with your millennial "concern trolling" bullshit, R28.

Legitimate observations about the behavior of public political candidates is not "concern trolling" just because you disagree with them.

Done arguing with the likes of you. Go whack off to your Mayor Pete poster and pretend he's your Prince Charming and will love you forever. You know deep down that's what your unshakable obsession boils down to.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2019 9:53 PM

You sound triggered and angry, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2019 9:55 PM

[quote]Hillary has loads and loads of detailed policies. How'd that work out?

She never discussed any of them. Except the stupid ones, like “we need more Muslims in the US”.

Otherwise, she just directed people to her website.

It didn’t work out too well.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2019 9:58 PM

It’s amazing how the Russian troll OP has learned to imitate a shrill unfuckable bottom. It’s spot on.

Bravo Oleg....bravo!

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2019 10:25 PM

So anyone who expresses an opinion about a Democratic candidate is "Boris"? Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2019 10:52 PM

It's early yet. Hopefully he will talk more policy soon.

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2019 10:55 PM

No, R50. Posters who try to pass obvious falsehoods as facts, spew rightwing talking points straight from FOX News and incite inflammatory divisiveness are met with suspicion here and rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2019 10:58 PM

r52 what is divisive and falsehood in the OP ? Please tell.

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2019 10:59 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2019 11:53 PM

R53, when someone starts out "Something tells me..." that should be a red flag.

by Anonymousreply 55April 24, 2019 12:01 AM

It’s possible that the OP is a good old American troll, rather than being from Crimea.

If so, it really is a shrill unfuckable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 56April 24, 2019 12:11 AM

[quote]Somebody should just consolidate all of these grievances into one "I'm Concerned about Pete Buttigieg!" thread.

I'm waiting for the multiple "Are you depressed about Pete"; "Are you unable to get out of bed because of Pete"; "Are you thinking life can't go on because of Pete" threads like what was witnessed during the trump campaign, started by someone who has absolutely nothing in life to complain about except presidential election results (because they've never had anything negative happen to them ever in their life.)

by Anonymousreply 57April 24, 2019 12:25 AM

You mean those transparently fatalistic threads, started by trolls, meant to demoralize Democrats, R57? I agree. Those were bottom of the toilet threads.

by Anonymousreply 58April 24, 2019 12:29 AM

I thought they were just some pathetic douche who had nothing else to worry about in life that didn't revolve around voting.

by Anonymousreply 59April 24, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote]he will need substance or he will go no where. Well, that's how it is suppose to be but then Trump changed all those rules.

Trump won by showing up for any envelope opening (well, with a Russian assist). So far, this has worked for Buttigieg. I get why he’s doing this—he’s used little of his money.

I expect to see his campaign evolve, though.

by Anonymousreply 60April 24, 2019 2:44 AM

But the OP is WORRIED r60

by Anonymousreply 61April 24, 2019 3:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!