Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whitney Houston's Alleged "Lady Lover" Teases Juicy Tell-All Book

Whitney Houston's rumored lady lover, Robyn Crawford, is ready to share her truth. Today marks almost ten-years since we lost the legendary songstress and vocal powerhouse, Whitney Houston. Her name was brought up amidst public chatter following the release of her ex-husband, Bobby Brown's biopic The Bobby Brown Story. The BET-special consisted of a two-part series which explored everything from Bobby Brown's career debut with the record-breaking group New Edition to a raw and unfiltered look at his temperamental relationship with the "I Will Always Love You” singer.

Moreover, the biopic specifically highlighted the tense relationship between Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston's right-hand woman, Robyn Crawford. In a volatile scene from the biopic, the "My Prerogative" artist is seen arguing with Crawford before giving Houston an ultimatum to cut her off. Rumors aggregated shortly afterward, with fans suspecting Crawford of being Whitney's secret lover. Well, now that Brown has gotten the platform to tell his truth, Robyn Crawford is allegedly ready to offer hers.

According to Bossip, the best friend of to the late singer and actress Whitney Houston is ready to "set the record straight" through a tell-all book meant to reveal greater details about her tight relationship with Houston. "A Song For You," the name of the anticipated book, will hopefully give fans and curious-minds alike the answers they have been yearning for. Considering Crawford's catty relationship with Bobby Brown, we can only wonder what potential fuss this tell-all will bring about.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2019 10:48 PM

I'm surprised. I thought she'd take their story to her grave.

Maybe she just wants to send Cissy to hers.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 3:38 PM

10 years? Is this even real? It was 7 years in February for chrissakes.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 3:41 PM

Stop talkin' 'bout me, Wendyyyy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 4:24 PM

R3 I have never heard that interview. Two massive dysfunctional train wrecks trying to maintain their composure in their fucked Up worlds. Too bad they both fell hard...

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 5:04 PM

I don't know where OP got their poorly written article, but here's a better one. Doesn't sound like she's going to spill much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 5:40 PM

R5 thank you!

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 6:20 PM

If Nippy was really a lez at least that would explain her dancing

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2019 6:25 PM

If she'd stuck with pussy she'd be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2019 6:26 PM

Her pussy rocked my world.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2019 6:28 PM

Yes Robyn was the only one really loved her. To everyone else, Whitney was just a meal ticket. Her family was awful.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2019 6:30 PM

I want to be the fly on Cissy's wall when this book hits the stands.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2019 6:32 PM

R10 sad, but so very true.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2019 6:32 PM

[quote] I want to be the fly on Cissy's wall when this book hits the stands.

Cissy already know everything that's gonna be in that book. She just don't want YOU to know it.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2019 8:53 PM

R13 WE ALREADY KNEW!!

Miss Cissy was in total denial that her Jesus-loving church-daughter was a confirmed muff-muncher.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 1:37 AM

Cissy is an ogre. Whitney's family is also a bunch of fucking leeches.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 1:38 AM

See on that r10...good friend worked on her first video...Robin was there and they sucked face for days...tragic what happened to them

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 1:42 AM

Her shouldn’t be talkin’ bout no Whitney. Bitch be trippin if her think Whitney a bulldagger.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 1:48 AM

She will do a great job, be truthful and honor her friend. She has already written the best memorial tribute, this will be no exception.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 2:06 AM

Guaranteed to be a love story. This is one of Whitney’s best. The title gives it away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 2:10 AM

If her trashy family and Bobby would not have not cunts towards her after Whitney's death, I doubt Robyn would have ever talked. She needed to clear the air, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2019 3:25 AM

The Houston family doesn’t deserve to have the last word on what happened to Whitney. They had a hand in her destruction. Let Robyn speak and share something beautiful from a life that ultimately became twisted and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2019 4:15 AM

I will not throw my baby out with the bath water.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2019 4:18 AM

I do not recall Bobby speaking ill of Robyn after Whitney's death.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2019 4:44 AM

Even Brown wouldn’t be so narcissistic as to do this. He was a total jerk behaved like man child esp to Whitney. Has continued to try and make coin off Whitney prac every year since she passed. As Robyn told Whitney “he is so bad for you he will kill you!” Ultimately he just helped the greatest female global superstar,Whitney, totally destroy her career. Robyn was correct. I hope she lays him out.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2019 5:44 AM

Robyn probably loved Whitney the most unselfishly - hopefully they had some wild jealous crazy nights and flights. Crawford has kept her memories to herself. She didn't cash in. But she has some refuting to do. Projects by The Houston's and Clive Davis both showed and erased Robyn. She was Whitney's girlfriend for a long time. Why can't they say?

Robyn made a statement to Esquire the day after Whitney died and said she would never say any more. Still, maybe it's time for more. Refute those fuckers who deny the greatest love of all. I don't want to hear much more. We all know who our girl was. The greatest pop singer of all time. A beautiful joy and heartbreaker to behold. Trumpets, trills, dark velvet tones. Power and beauty. That soaring soprano and walls falling down - Whitney's voice was a thrill. She didn't fake it - her heart was always on display. Soulful and sensational, even on a bad day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2019 8:08 AM

I agree, R20. I think Robyn would have maintained a respectful silence for good if the others had been respectful in return. But they've done so much covering up, rewriting of history and erasure that they haven't left her much choice.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2019 8:16 AM

This is the only thing Robyn said, the day after Whitney died. Probably the most eloquent, intimate and simple tribute of them all. She revealed more by what she didn't say. Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2019 8:27 AM

Hmmm. I'm torn on this.

She said she would never betray Whitney. But now she's going to Tell All.

Don't get me wrong - I'll be reading and I think it could be a really good thing for the world to know that yes, The Voice liked girls too....

...but she's going back on a promise.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2019 1:50 PM

F&F the racist at R17.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 2:05 PM

R28 there is another perspective. Whitney put up with enormous abuse (parents, idiot brothers, career threats, blackmail attempts by employees, acquaintances) to keep Robyn in her life. It was never ending - and then Brown. Everyday Whitney was keenly aware that if Robyn wasnt there she would be besieged by madness. Cant imagine being Whitney without Robyn given Browns endless mental health problems. Robyn was fighting with Whitney for sobriety endlessly.

Stunning that after Whitney had her tragic accident, some family began smearing Robyn in every public venue. Bottom line Robyn is a parent, has a long term partner and has an obligation first and foremost to her family. The Houston crew has attacked her and smeared her for decades. You would think that after Whitney’s passing it would stop. It didnt. Now Robyn has her say, Robyn can stand for Whitney in truth from a place of love and devotion. Robyn can prove herself to be as high minded as Nicole David said of here “When Robyn entered the room you know Whitney was going to be represented by elegance.”

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 4:11 PM

Everything I know of Robyn seems like she was the only person who really had Whitney's best interests in mind, including discretion. I hope she does tell her story as a cautionary tale of what can happen to people when they are not true to themselves. They don't always go down the way Whitney did, but life is never simple and happiness and peace of mind almost impossible.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 4:25 PM

About time Robyn wrote a book. Fuck Bobby Brown and Whitney's family.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 4:52 PM

I agree that Robyn maybe would have kept quiet if Brown and Whitney's family had remained respectful to her. They've done nothing but talk shit about her since Whitney died. Some very nasty things were said in the two recent Whitney documentaries, particularly the most recent one. After that happened, Robyn must've said "enough!" She now feels an obligation to tell the true story. Good for her.

Robyn was the only person who looked out for Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 5:01 PM

The family's latest narrative is that Whitney was sexually molested by her female cousin, Dee Dee Warwick - an open lesbian, who was scorned by the family -- and that caused Whitney's sexual 'confusion.' Which then led to her 'unnatural' connection to Robyn. That's why Whitney's crackhead brother had the nerve to deride Robyn as a "nobody."

The only person Whitney would have ever told she was molested is Robyn. So Robyn can set the record straight on that claim. I won't believe it unless she says Whitney told her, because if Whitney didn't tell Robyn about it, it didn't happen. Robyn has to reclaim her name and expose the toxic homophobia in the Houston family. We already know Bobby was a f*c king mess, I want Robyn to expose how every member of Whitney's family took advantage of, and exploited her, for her whole professional life and thereafter. They are the reason Whitney is not here today.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 5:58 PM

I'm glad Robyn is speaking out while Cissy is still alive. Fuck that nasty old homophobe cunt. She was a major reason for Whitney's problems.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2019 6:04 PM

Great post r34. I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2019 8:02 PM

R3, Whitney said to Wendy " I'm sure when you look at yourself in the mirror you have some reservations about your look as well"

Ghetto coked out Whitney was fun

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2019 8:12 PM

R35 I totally agree. I think it’s funny for Cissy to finally know the truth. Unfortunately, I think she knew along. When I came out no one was surprised. People know!

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2019 8:13 PM

Whitney started using more drugs after the nasty split with Robyn. Like many bisexual women or women from religious households, she chose to play it straight and selected the shitty husband and the married with children life over her own true love.

It isn't widely talked about but it's well known Whitney dedicated I Will Always Love You to her best friend Robyn.

The beginning acapella verse of I Will Always Love You where she's seated in the chair was her goodbye/break up to Robyn.

"If I could stay, I would only be in your way. So I'll go but I know. I'll think of you every step of the way".

Robyn also appears as the man in silhouette on the motorbike in the I'm your Baby Tonight.

Whitney grew up in the wrong era. If she were a pop star today, she'd probably be able to be free with Robyn as a couple. Unfortunately, she was under pressure to play straight from Clive Davis, Cissy Houston, and others.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2019 8:20 PM

People forgot that it was Whitney's decision to marry BB and her decision to stay connected to all the hypocritical church folks in her family instead of Robyn. During her last days she was hanging out with Kim Burrel.

At a certain age you are responsible for your own actions and mistakes. Yes she was brainwashed by her nasty mother and her church surroundings, but she had all the money in the world to break free from it and choose a different life.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2019 8:34 PM

Delusional much R40? All the money in the world with a risk of banishment from her faith community, scorn and loss of her daughter through the courts if Bobby Brown told the world she was a lesbian and did drugs. It was full on Hate for LGBT Americans during the HIV/AIDS epidemic when she married him and on into the aughts. Try a little hit of reality - she wanted to leave him several times after the marriage and she was afraid for all the above reasons I am sure.

Can you imagine the custody fight? She even left NJ reportedly to avoid State Child Investigation authorities from hassling her for public conduct with Brown. That was her absolute limit and I dont blame her.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2019 8:41 PM

I remember she once dismissively said in an interview that the industry (Clive ...) wanted her to do what Diana Ross had done - marry a white guy.

There is a good chance she chose BB because she wanted somebody to do drugs with and also because he had a big dick. I am not totally sold on the full on lesbian theory. She was crazy about him and she was crazy for his dick. She probably was bi, did have a sexual relationship with Robyn and other women during her marriage with BB.

She was very skrewed up. So much so that she dragged her daughter into this mess, didn't even give her daughter a chance to have a decent life without drugs. I have a very hard time feeling sorry for her and I do understand why Robyn left.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2019 8:55 PM

Oh r38 Cissy knew alright. She knew right from the start. She never stopped giving Whitney shit about Robyn and telling her it wasn't "natural." Whitney probably never would've hooked up with Bobby if her family had been more supportive about Robyn.

It's so sad that they were so against Robyn who truly loved Whitney and was such a good and stable influence but had no problem with Bobby, a user, manipulator, drug addict and all-around whack job who treated Whitney like shit. But it was all about being with a man, no matter what. Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2019 10:55 PM

The Houston family dysfunction was as much about greed and public image as homophobia. Whitney and Robyn moved in together when Whitney graduated from high school. Robyn was known to everyone as a lesbian from the beginning. If Whitney had remained a relatively anonymous catalog model and session singer she could have remained with Robyn until that relationship had run its course. The family was not happy but also did not have overwhelming objections to Robyn or the relationship.

The problems started when Whitney became famous. Cissy didn't want the whole world to know she wasn't a dutiful Christian who left her husband and whose daughter was in a lesbian relationship. Her father, John, wanted to control all of Whitney's money and wield the influence of being the father/manager/shot-caller of the biggest black female star in the world. Robyn was a threat to all of the family's designs on Whitney's fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2019 5:15 AM

R23, in that horrid movie BET had on not too long ago about Bobby's life.

Bobby made Nippy look like complete crap while elevating his current wife to sainthood with a few digs thrown in about Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2019 5:39 AM

[quote]They've done nothing but talk shit about her since Whitney died. Some very nasty things were said in the two recent Whitney documentaries

What have they said about Robyn?

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2019 5:52 AM

In one of the documentaries, Nippy’s parasite crackhead brother tells the interviewer “Robyn Crawford ain’t shit. She’s nobody” That whole family were leeching off WH. Robyn was the only one who truly loved and protected Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2019 6:33 AM

Isn't Clive Davis himself a bit complicit in all of this as well?

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2019 8:24 PM

Clive has been a closeted businessman all of his life. The responsibility/degree of misery Whitney and Robyn experienced falls more directly on her mother and immed family. Every member of the LGBT community can verify that is where the hell begins.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Cissy and Clive put enormous pressure on her to cut Robyn out of her life — she was told repeatedly she would lose her career.

MC Hammer was at the stadium the day Whitney famously sang The Star-Spangled Banner, and he tried to bust a move on Whitney. Robyn thought Whitney was flirting back with him, so W and Robyn got into a very loud, heated argument.

Of course, Clive and Cissy bolted over to them. Cissy slapped Robyn and knocked her to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2019 9:18 PM

R50 The Star Spangled Banner smack down never happened, total folklore. Undoubtedly Whitney was hit on every place she went - all of her life. I highly doubt this would have evoked such a scene at one of the most memorable events in Whitney’s life.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2019 12:38 AM

Yes, a bit hard to imagine a little old lady (Cissy) knocking down Robyn, who was a college basketball player.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2019 7:49 AM

Robyn’s a saint.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2019 8:54 AM

Whitney had it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2019 6:06 AM

Whitney wasn't a wild girl, not before. She's more embarrassed than offended here. Imagine this happening today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2019 6:18 AM

When she does that slow smile - she stops the world with her beauty and or slays the world with side eye.

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2019 5:28 PM

They had a lesbian relationship according to Robyn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 6, 2019 10:27 PM

[57] Robyn kind of looks like Debra Wilson in that interview. Debra is of course known for embodying Whitney in those Madtv sketches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2019 10:34 PM

I always thought she looked happiest in this video when she was surrounded by women

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2019 10:38 PM

[Quote] Crawford said their physical relationship ended by 1982 after the singer’s career began to take off.

[Quote] good friend worked on her first video...Robin was there and they sucked face for days...

What is the truth.gif?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2019 10:42 PM

Perhaps 1982 is a typo in that NY Post report.

[Quote] If you worked in the business, or at Arista Records, as I did, you knew that Whitney was at least bisexual, if not gay, and you certainly knew that for years Whitney was partnered with Robyn. It was common knowledge, not proprietary information. You’d be at a venue and see them kissing. It just wasn’t that secret a secret, except to the public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2019 10:45 PM

Count me as another person who's ambivalent about Robyn speaking on their romantic relationship. I don't believe that Whitney should be Inned but damn near everyone close to her has sold Houston out for a dollar. I guess it's Robyn's Turn.

And I don't quite buy the "clear Robyn's name" take. People who hate Robyn will continue to do so and they will feel even more justified with the release of this book.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2019 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!