Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Expired Passport - How Do I Renew?

What steps do I take? Going on a Caribbean cruise this summer and my passport expired - I'm a dope for letting it happen. I'm going to Aruba and Nassau. They say you don't need a passport for these visits, but I am not taking any chances. What do I have to do first? Can I get it before August?

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 6:59 AM

I'll send you a new passport after yo mail me your old one.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 12:14 AM

depending on when it expired determines if renew or new one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 12:15 AM

oh OP R2 here , you can get either a passport book or passport card(which one can use for Caribbean cruises). Just go for the passport book as it has more usefulness.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 12:17 AM

Don’t get the card, get the book.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 12:19 AM

If ONLY there was a way to learn how to renew a passport. Maybe you go ask a librarian at the public library, downtown?

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 12:20 AM

Apply by mail and it will take up to 8 weeks. Go in person to a password agency. Pay an extra $60, and you’ll have it within 3 weeks

Either way, you’ll have it in time.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 12:25 AM

State Department Website. Gives you all the info.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2019 12:26 AM

even by mail they have an expedited option that takes less than 6 weeks

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2019 12:27 AM

Stay home and avoid norovirus, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2019 12:28 AM

Thanks everyone...I love DL.

Sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2019 12:31 AM

I did expedited by mail and had it in less than a week. But you have to have a valid reason. Even at normal speed I don't think it takes more than 2 or 3 wks. You go to the website below and they'll hook you up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2019 12:33 AM

Have a great time OP.

Bring back presents for us.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2019 12:38 AM

Depends where you live. I go a couple of towns over to a bigger town's clerk's office where they do it all for you, (even take your picture) and uts never taken more than a couple of weeks. I prefer to do that rather than risk screwing something up sending it myself.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2019 12:40 AM

If you're lazy and in a large city, pay an expediter and you will have same or next day. It costs about $300. You but a cheap ticket for travel in next three days. They use that to get renew done. You return that ticket. But still an expedited costs abt $300. There is a great one in 30 Rock building in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2019 12:45 AM

Shame on you for visiting the homophobic Bahamas. No gay person should be giving them any kind of support.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2019 3:13 AM

"Expired Passport - How Do I Renew?"

I can't. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2019 3:21 AM

Do you know how to wipe your bum?

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2019 4:15 AM

R12 Not OP but I had to hand-hold CEO's of major corporations thru this process and talk to them like they were three.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2019 4:17 AM

OP is lazy, and does not deserve a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2019 4:22 AM

Aruba and Nassau are not gay-friendly. And Nassau has had an increase in street crime. So don’t go alone at these ports and don’t wander away from the port area in Nassau. Check the US State Department site for travel advisories. And stay away from Jamaica, where they hate gays and perpetrate violence against them. Unfortunately, maybe half of Caribbean ports are homophobic, so do your homework when planning cruises or vacations there.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2019 6:12 AM

Just don't take too much dramamine while you ride on the Staten Island ferry to get used to being on ship.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2019 6:19 AM

It would make more sense to skip the passport and go to Epcot instead. You can visit multiple "countries", but safely, and they even have a passport like document you can get stamped in each country. There are foreigners, but they are required to learn English so that they are able to communicate with others. When you go to foreign countries, you'll find out that's not the case in most places.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 6:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!