Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What was it like being a prostitute in WWII?

Seems like it would have been hot to take loads from horny, scared, fit soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2019 11:43 AM

Most of the eldergays here had prolapsed assholes before the war.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 7:24 PM

Be patient, OP. I’m sure you’ll get an authentic response as soon as the Eldergays get back from their Early Bird dinners.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 7:28 PM

Screw WWII, the guys who have been fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq are much hotter. Were there any good brothels there?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 7:29 PM

This nicely sums it up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 7:30 PM

My Queer War

by James Lord

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote] Eldergays: Tell us what it was like being a prostitute in WWII

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 7:46 PM

Idk, ask your mother.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2019 7:46 PM

Our dear sweet Irish grandmother did her patriotic duty and $erviced the Allies during the Great War.

We were, of course, far too young a lady to join the actia, but wanted to. Instead we went into Portsmouth to pass out flyers to the navymen while Gran set up a cot on one of the docks. We always ate well those weeks. Particularly Gran. It was then that we knew the Blessed Mother was calling us to devote our life to servicing others.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2019 8:09 PM

I imagine it stunk, literally.

There probably weren’t many showers available for the guys, and even if there were, attitudes about bathing have changed (for the better) in the last 70 years.

Most people back then took a bath once a week, if that.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2019 8:11 PM

It was hot with the well-fed, clean-smelling American soldiers. The British soldiers were uniformly stunted and malodorous because of on-and-off rationing since 1914. The only hot German soldiers had been requisitioned for Leni Riefenstahl films in the 1930s and were later killed on the Eastern front before they could hire any prostitutes. The Italians were hot, but not paid well enough to hire prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 8:21 PM

Ask grandma, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 8:30 PM

Germans and Japanese provided prostitutes for their troops. After the war with Japan, American GIs used their prostitutes to service their own needs.

I don't know whose prostitutes American GIs in Europe used.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 8:46 PM

Business was good. On the other hand, I though all was fair in war - that raping and pillaging we de rigeur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 9:12 PM

That scene in BILOXI BLUES gave me jerk off material for years.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 10:33 PM

Lots of dishonorable "discharges."

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 10:44 PM

Bingo, R15.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 11:52 PM

Hellish I’m sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2019 12:20 AM

I don't know. Why don't you ask Mrs. Alfred Steele, a/k/a Joan Crawford?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2019 12:22 AM

Giving it up for lonely GIs was a patriotic duty for many whores. Alice here sings of giving the key to her uh, “heart” to every sailor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2019 12:24 AM

On Hotel Street in Honolulu the going rate was $3 for 3 minutes. Girls were expected t see a minimum of 100 men per day, and they worked 20 days per month.

The men lined up on the sidewalk in front of the whorehouse, often for several hours. (the houses only operated during daylight hours). Once inside they paid the madam who issued them a poker chip. When their turn came they were sent to a small room (walls half high so you could hear everything going on int he next room) where they undressed and sat on a padded bench/bed to wait for the prostitute to arrive. This system allowed for maximum speed since the girl could go from room to room and not have to deal with the delay caused by the men undressing/dressing. She would enter the room, get the condom on, lay down and get on top of her, and get him to come in 3 minutes or less. Then it was off to the next room. Approx. 25% of the men chose fellatio which was fine with the girls because it was faster ( as you probably can imagine the girls were pretty good at getting a guy to cum.)

All perfectly legal and administered by the US Military.

Great article about all this at the link if you want more information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2019 12:43 AM

100 men a night, yikes.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2019 12:47 AM

10% of them probably had huge pussy-stretching meat, too!

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 12:50 AM

Good God, how ancient is Erna?

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2019 12:52 AM

I like r7 and r11.

Far too old to still be alive r23. If she’d like to speed the hand of god along, she could help it out by hurling herself into a jet engine.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2019 1:47 AM

How dare you suggest a Japanese woman would dare consort to lowly forms of carnal sin!

Japanese women provided comfort and nothing more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2019 1:53 AM

[quote]100 men a night

Lazy fish.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2019 4:16 AM

$3 for three minutes in 1943 would be about $45 for three minutes in 2019 dollars.

So a stinker could make $900 per hour just for having fun with hot young guys!

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote] 100 men a night, yikes.

That's nothing if you've been to The Cock on a Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2019 7:45 PM

Gil Chesterton: I've had a quick peek at your script, and I think I'd be perfect as Bull Kragen, the brutish gamekeeper.

Frasier: You know, Gil, I think that's just a bit too on the nose. But you know who you could play? Mr. Nigel Fairservice, drummed out of the Royal Air Force under mysterious circumstances...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 12:00 AM

r8 is NOT MPC!

BTW, in both wwl and ww2 the Irish people supported Germany!

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 9:22 AM

The lucky soldier who happened to be a sister got all the actia she wanted and never had to pay money to some icky stinkfish!

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 10:50 AM

Nylons and chocolate bars, GI.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 11:15 AM

Those GI’s were hot and corn fed. It must have been terrifying for an 18 year old kid who was just baling hay a month before to be facing his likely death. I hope they got it in with whoever they wanted. I do wonder about gay soldiers— I’m hoping they had plenty of action.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 11:30 AM

Tom of Finland seemed to enjoy it. And I don't imagine he charged for his services, either.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 11:34 AM

Those stinkfish got all the actia. We would’ve been happy to service the generous gentlemen with low hangers ALL DAY AND NIGHT! NO RUBBERS!

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2019 11:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!