Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BRITNEY SPEARS EASTER DAY PASS ... From Mental Health Facility

Wow she looks medicated AF. #Freebritany

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 28, 2019 3:18 PM

how sad.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 6:18 PM

This woman, THIS woman is a mess and a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 6:20 PM

TMZ is a mess and disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 6:30 PM

Awe, she’s hurting. I hope she finds compassion and care.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 6:33 PM

This was me when I found out she was locked up again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 6:35 PM

Won't someone please take her out of show business and let her live a pressure-free life? She looks like she has one foot in the grave. My god.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 6:35 PM

Reagan was right to shut the mental hospitals down. They’re glorified prisons for the differently abled.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2019 6:37 PM

Dear Lord. She's going to be Frances Farmer all over again, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2019 6:38 PM

More pictures of her and her boyfriend leaving the entail health facility on a weekend pass. It wasn’t just a bad picture from TMZ, poor girl looks puffy and medicated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2019 6:42 PM

You would look a mess too if you had just been freed from a haunted castle!

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 6:43 PM

Free Britney! Let her retire from the pressures of show biz. Shame on her family for making her continue working.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 6:44 PM

That chick is looped on anti-psychotics. But she managed to keep her extensions in so get well soon Britbrit!

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 6:47 PM

Serious question: if she's so ill she can't be trusted to take her meds each and every day, not just when she feels like it, and go to her psychiatry appointments, how else should her care be handled?

She looks very medicated. Poor dear.

Odd that there's no comments (yet) on the TMZ site.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 6:48 PM

Poor thing. At least she has the $$$ to get decent care. Many do not.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 6:50 PM

She must be schizoaffective.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 6:54 PM

R12 Her weave has looked much worse in the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 6:55 PM

R16 that's UNBEWEAVABLE!

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2019 6:56 PM

R17 Google image search Britney Spears weave. If there was any doubt she wasn't out of it, check out how many times she's went out in public with her hair looking like a ratty (and sometimes dirty) mess.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

R7, honey, Reagan didn't do anything right except DIE.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

"If there was any doubt she wasn't out of it, check out how many times she's went out in public with her hair looking like a ratty (and sometimes dirty) mess."

See, this right here shows that none of them give a shit about her, or they would never allow that to happen, much less over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2019 7:03 PM

I wonder if she has undergone ECT treatments. They are still done. Carrie Fisher had them.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2019 7:07 PM

I wonder if anyone at all has her best interests at heart or if everyone in her life is using her.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2019 7:09 PM

I'm no Britney fan, but even I felt sorry for her when the press posted pictures of her like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2019 7:17 PM

I see she's had time to get her lips freshly pumped while at the mental health facility.

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2019 7:18 PM

I don’t believe for a second this breakdown is because she fears for her dad. My guess is drugs...any other guesses out there?

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2019 7:23 PM

It all started with the Mickey Mouse club.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2019 7:32 PM

Her man has skinny bird boned ankles.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2019 7:42 PM

TMZ is run by Trumptard Harvey Levin

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2019 7:47 PM

Who will answer her cries for help?

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2019 7:51 PM

This is legitimately disturbing. Wow. Poor thing. :(

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote]I wonder if she has undergone ECT treatments. They are still done. Carrie Fisher had them.

And now she’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2019 8:14 PM

[quote]It all started with the Mickey Mouse club.

Annette Funicello and Lisa Whelchel didn’t become fuckups as adults.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2019 8:15 PM

Fuck TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2019 8:23 PM

Just a year or two ago, she looked so healthy as she launched her tour. She wasn't just thin...but she was fit.

She seems to be a nice person. I don't recall ever having seen stories about her being mean or nasty to anyone or trashing hotels. It was very weird how the music industry sexualized her when she was a young teen, and she has probably dealt with tons of creeps over her lifetime. Touring seems boring and stressful; that's why so many bands drink. It must be lonely being away from her kids.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2019 8:28 PM

She even looks kookoo

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2019 8:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 8:35 PM

Damn - looks like they've got her on some serious Thorazine or Serequel. Sad part is she probably isn't even crazy - just somebody trying to make it seem that way. Fucked up America for you.

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 8:39 PM

With her money, it's surprising that they're sending her to a facility at all. Wouldn't it be easier to simply hire a private medical team until she stabilizes?

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 8:43 PM

LSA are all up in arms with a podcast arguing that Britbrit has no control over her life whatsoever! Bring back Sam Lufti!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 8:44 PM

Hope she gets on the right meds to help her. It’s a shame the majority of Americans with mental illness can’t afford treatment.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 8:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 8:57 PM

It’s a shame Americans continue to fall for the myth of m*nt*l *lln*ss.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 8:58 PM

Let's ask L-RAD's CEO what he has to say about it. Woody, what say you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2019 9:00 PM

(R7)-yes Reagan shut mental hospitals down -that is why you have homeless shitting all over San Francisco now -

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2019 9:31 PM

She's a mess but her boyfriend is hot.

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2019 9:52 PM

So sad to see. I hope she is getting the care and attention that she needs.

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2019 10:28 PM

She’s like a performing circus animal at this point. And Daddy is the ringmaster. He’ll get her back up and performing again, just wait. Too much $$ to be made and too many people milking it to let it stop now. It’s a disgusting spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2019 11:04 PM

I don't feel too sorry for her. She's an adult. She has the money to retire forever and live comfortably. She had the money to get the best possible medical care. No, I don't feel sorry for anyone with all those advantages, especially in light of the fact that there are many mentally ill people out there who don't have it nearly as cushy as she does.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2019 11:09 PM

It was not a nuthouse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2019 11:17 PM

R48, all the money in the world means nothing if you have no control over your life, including your money. Yes, she’s more fortunate in that area, but she’s a mess.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2019 11:27 PM

I feel really bad for her. Brit keeps to herself and isn’t problematic like a lot of celebs these days. I hope she gets better.

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2019 11:34 PM

Sparkle Britney! Sparkle!

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2019 11:43 PM

"All the money in the world means nothing if you have no control over your life, including your money. "

Why wouldn't she have control over her life and money? She's not a child, although from the way people talk about her you would think she is one.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2019 11:44 PM

[quote]Sad part is she probably isn't even crazy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2019 11:49 PM

Ummm... did you forget she’s under a conservancy, r53? Her father controls her money, and probably is responsible for committing her as well. I’m not saying she doesn’t need help, but that’s a massive conflict of interest.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2019 11:49 PM

She has to keep the grifter gravy train going....fam, KFed....and then there’s the kids to support. Since she’s the only breadwinner, they gotta keep the goose laying the golden eggs.

She's so lucky, she's a star But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking If there's nothing missing in my life Then why do these tears come at night!? 😕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2019 11:52 PM

I have no love of her music. But she needed her dad.

by Anonymousreply 57April 23, 2019 12:00 AM

Britney's cover of "The Beat Goes On" is on the August 1999 Gap In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 23, 2019 12:03 AM

The second photo in OP’s article looks even worse. Is her bf trying to keep her from keeling over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2019 12:04 AM

Her father has not been good to her.

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2019 12:20 AM

Poor Brit. Can’t they just dump some people off her payroll and let the poor girl retire? She’s obviously cracking under the strain.

That picture at r16 is going to give me nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2019 12:22 AM

"Overprotected" is on the February 2002 GapKids In-Store Playlist!

My favourite Britney song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 23, 2019 12:27 AM

What’s wrong with that boyfriend’s ankles?? They’re stick-thin.

by Anonymousreply 63April 23, 2019 12:28 AM

the boyfriend looks like a young Ryan Phillippe

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2019 12:29 AM

Why didn’t anyone at least put her hair down? She looks bald. It’s like they’ve given up on making her look normal. Maybe they have.

Makes you think more is going on we don’t see, which is even worse. People get very burnt out dealing with mentally ill people whose illness is not under control, or who won’t cooperate. The impression I get from that picture at R59 is, I’m tired of covering for her.

I have a bipolar family member and she has burnt every bridge. This has been going on for years and she walks all over everybody. Will not take her meds, will not stay off drugs and alcohol. They’ve all had it. That’s why that picture is striking to me. The guy’s body language says, I’m too tired of her shit to care how she looks in front of people. I don’t care. He could have put his arm around her from behind and made it look like a hug. This “holding the baby back in the car” move isn’t an affectionate boyfriend move. It’s dealing with a child.

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2019 12:29 AM

She’s bed medicated up to the eyeballs since 2007, she’s like the living embodiment of a stepford wife. She has the fake grin, no real opinions, stares into middle distance, says “oh I don’t know” in a song song voice when asked what Oops I did it again is about. But because she works out and is dressed like a barbie doll people assumed she was ok. Now that we’ve seen her without make up, Birkenstock’s and unbrushed hair everyone suddenly notices the vacant stare. She’s looked like that since she flipped out and started saying she envied normal people and wanted out of this life. The people around her making millions couldn’t have that, so now they pump her full of pills, prop her up and she dances like the money making puppet she is. But in every photo she is just vacant despite the hair and make up with the same pasted on grin. This expression isn’t new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2019 12:30 AM

I worry about some of your old men’s eyesight.

Her boyfriend doesn’t even look white yet alone like super WASP Ryan Philippe

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]Why didn’t anyone at least put her hair down? She looks bald. It’s like they’ve given up on making her look normal. Maybe they have.

She probably won’t let anyone get near her to help with grooming. She probably kicks and screams and spits at workers in the psych ward.

by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2019 12:33 AM

R48, why are you an asshole? Do you even know why you are a dick???

So fucking what if she has money for treatment. That doesn’t make her less deserving of empathy than a person who doesn’t seek mental health care, or cannot access mental healthcare.

If she were broke, and without family, she’d probably be homeless, on the street. And you claim that this is what is deserving of you empathy. But I fail to understand why that would actually matter to the homeless schizophrenic, because your pity, or empathy does NOTHING to help him or her either.

It says a lot about a person when they ONLY feel bad for people, once those people are in the worst situations ever.

You’re a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2019 12:39 AM

The issue with mental illness, is that it is almost always only treated with medication, as it should be in most cases, because there really anything else that addresses it effectively.

However, all meds stop working after a period of time. And that can become exacerbated with stress.

I have a close friend who is bipolar, and she had been in treatment successfully for about seven years, and she ended up hospitalized for a month, due to two things happening simultaneously. 1) her meds were becoming ineffective, 2) she was under major stress while in law school. On top of it, she was studying out of state, and was living in an environment where no one had any history of her background, she had no family or friends around either, in order to see that things were starting to go south. By the time everyone close to her knew there was something wrong, her family had to fly out to her university, fly her back home, and have her hospitalized.

She eventually got better, but that entailed 1 month in a mental health facility, and 1 year away from law school, and any stress. It also took months to find the right cocktail of new meds for her, and stabilization.

I wish Britney well. Mental illness is hell, and if she is truly mentally ill, at the very least, she is aware of her issues, and seems to want to get better.

by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2019 1:04 AM

Her father was seen driving around yesterday in his new Jeep, clearly not ill, only proving that it’s true he’s fine and made up the lie his illness caused her to have a mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2019 2:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2019 2:12 AM

Living high on the hog, he gets a cut.

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2019 2:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2019 2:53 AM

That girl is too dumb to know if she is sick or not, and I suspect she is not, but is drugged to the gills and therefore controllable.

She won't live a long life.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2019 11:13 AM

Agree, R69

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2019 12:02 PM

She’s mentally ill and needs to be left alone by the press .

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2019 12:12 PM

That footage of her with her boyfriend is very sad. Britney looks super medicated, blank, vacant stare.

Does KFed have full custody of the kids?

She needs a good, long break from performing to get well and have some normalcy and then reassess.

I'm glad shes got plenty of $$$ for care but there are millions of Americans who are mentally ill that cannot afford mental health care. I've said it many times that this country is in a mental health crisis.

Are suicides and mass shootings and domestic violence and domestic terrorism dramatically increased or are they being reported more?

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2019 2:24 PM

Dad is a scumbag. Mom is nonexistent. Kfed destroyed her. Boyfriend is a gold digging fame whore. Bad hair ever since she originally shaved it in 2006. I thought she would die then. She won't last long. On the other hand, she has made millions and millions for lipsynching to old music and barely walking around on stage. People with ten times the talent barely getting by. What has she contributed to the world except pop music 12 years ago? She died in 2007. Just been a zombie roaming the streets. It's sad, sure enough, what has happened to her. R67 Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2019 2:42 PM

[Quote] the boyfriend looks like a young Ryan Phillippe

I'm not seeing the resemblance. And Sam is hotter anyway.

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2019 6:52 PM

There is zero resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2019 6:52 PM

So very sad to see anyone suffering with a mental illness. I hope that the medical team get her as stable as possible.

by Anonymousreply 82April 23, 2019 7:02 PM

She’s fine. This is the doing of her FATHER! Some of you are so dense and stupid it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2019 7:04 PM

It seems like the best thing for her would be rest, but in reality, the best thing for mentally ill people is a highly structured environment with lots of physical activity. So what looks like “cruelty” may be the best they can do.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2019 7:04 PM

Omfg. You old fucks really are as dumb as I thought.

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2019 7:09 PM

"Kfed destroyed her pussay with his monster sequoia"

fixed

by Anonymousreply 86April 23, 2019 8:18 PM

I think it was Viola who drove her to the brink....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2019 11:14 PM

LEAVE.

by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2019 11:17 PM

BRITNEY.

by Anonymousreply 89April 23, 2019 11:17 PM

ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 90April 23, 2019 11:18 PM

Lynn is evil!

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2019 11:21 PM

Britney is a kind woman

by Anonymousreply 92April 23, 2019 11:31 PM

I've never been a pop fan but there's just something so loveable about Britney. I feel bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 93April 26, 2019 5:59 AM

As much criticism as Britney's parents get, I think what broke her psychologically were the people in her social circle who used and abused her, and the paparazzi (in addition to her strong predisposition to mental illness ). I sometimes think that we overlook the factors that influences outside the home (lovers, friends, peers, culture in general ), can have on the developing psyche. I think her parents were naive and not particularly intelligent and made a huge mistake by pushing her towards showbiz. But I think there are layers and layers with this situation. When looking at such a broken person it's tempting to blame upbringing but I can tell you that is not always the case.

by Anonymousreply 94April 26, 2019 6:06 AM

She seems so vulnerable. I feel bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 95April 26, 2019 6:09 AM

I like that song Lucky that someone posted. what year was that? I never heard it before

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2019 8:18 PM

R96, 2000

by Anonymousreply 97April 28, 2019 1:52 AM

That's Britney Spear's body, but she's vacated the premises.

Permanently, by the looks of those eyes.

by Anonymousreply 98April 28, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote] how many times she's went out in public

Try learning English before attempting to communicate in it, r18.

by Anonymousreply 99April 28, 2019 2:06 AM

Lots of earlier songs eerily predicted her life: Lucky, Born to Make you Happy, Overprotected, Not a Girl, Not yet a Woman, I'm a Slave 4 U, Chaotic, Mona Lisa

She's talked about being controlled and caged in by her fame ever since her second album.

by Anonymousreply 100April 28, 2019 2:17 AM

Mona Lisa is particularly prescient because it's the first song she released after she married K Fed in 2004, and she wrote the song by herself.

This is the story about Mona Lisa The Mona Lisa

Ladies and gentlemen, I've got a little story to tell About Mona Lisa and how she suddenly fell See everyone knew her, they knew her oh so well Now I am taking over to release her from her spell

She was taken under drowning in her sea Running like an angel, she was crying and could not see, oh no Now see everyone's watching as she starts to fall They want her to break down and be a legend of her fall

by Anonymousreply 101April 28, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]That girl is too dumb to know if she is sick or not, and I suspect she is not, but is drugged to the gills and therefore controllable.

She was clearly out of her mind in 2007. And it runs in her family. She had a grandmother with bipolar disorder who killed herself at age 32. But you are partially right — if she was experiencing manic psychosis, there have likely been times when she didn’t know that she was sick, and she probably didn’t want treatment then, except in the form of recreational drugs.

Her dad’s role in all this looks pretty iffy, but there are worse people who could be in charge of her. Even if she’s in good health now, who’s going to look out for her when he dies? Hopefully her children will be old enough to do something by then.

It looks bad that he’s making money off of her performances, but she might prefer staying busy to having too much time to think and never being able to get high again. I’m saying this as somebody who has suffered from mania, mixed states and delusions (now effectively medicated, although it took a few years to get it right).

Mixed states (unhappy, irritable mania, in my case) and paranoid delusions are absolutely hellish. You can’t just pull out of it and collect your thoughts for a minute. You’re trapped in there with it.

If she did have ECT, I’m not aware of any current uses for that other than treatment-resistant depression, but maybe I’m wrong. It can be hard to treat depressive symptoms in a person who’s had mania without also triggering mania. There aren’t a lot of safe medications in that vein to try, at least at higher doses.

by Anonymousreply 102April 28, 2019 2:28 AM

Sorry, her grandmother was actually 31 when she shot herself, after three unsuccessful suicide attempts.

by Anonymousreply 103April 28, 2019 2:43 AM

There's going to be a great biopic about her one day.

by Anonymousreply 104April 28, 2019 2:49 AM

R102 r103 That's insane, I had never heard that about Britney's grandmother! I had heard allusions to mental illness running in her family but never anything specific. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 105April 28, 2019 3:02 AM

Her dad is the reason Britney has the problems she has genetically but he is also largely the reason she is still alive and well today. He grew up with a mentally ill/unstable mother (Britney's namesake-her grandmother Jean who killed herself with a shotgun to the chest) so he knew how to deal with it regarding his daughter Britney.

He also was an alcoholic so he knew how to handle Britney's alcohol and substance abuse problems as well. Once Jamie dies, Britney is in big trouble. Lynne Spears is the delusional pray it all away mom who doesn't believe Britney's really sick. Jamie understands she is sick and mentally ill and needs to stay away from any drug/alcohol/party environment or bad friends in order for Britney to remain healthy.

Britney had a drug problem her entire career. Cocaine and adderall in the beginning which moved on to crystal meth later on. Her handlers were fine with her coke and adderall use initially because it gave her the focus and energy to complete album-tour-promotion cycles for years. She was high the day she married the first husband in Vegas. Jamie stayed in Louisiana even after Britney became famous. He was pissed when he found out Lynne and did nothing and Britney was doing hard drugs.

She shaved her head because Kevin's lawyers wanted to test her for drugs and she was paranoid. One of the kids was allegedly hospitalized for drugs because Britney breastfed the kid after using meth.

by Anonymousreply 106April 28, 2019 6:32 AM

Britneys dad made the call to cancel her new Vegas show and institutionalize her against her will because she stopped taking her meds. The lawyer Andrew Wallet freaked out and quit out of fear over being disbarred due to the ethical violation.

Britney's been in the mental institution since January. She got out a few days ago.

She was also institutionalized back in 2010 without media finding out. Britney is a strong willed person even with the heavy meds. She will continue to rebel. The mom does not help at all. She tells Britney she isn't really sick and all she needs is prayer

by Anonymousreply 107April 28, 2019 6:43 AM

Easter Day Pass sounds like the name of a Jennifer Aniston romcom.

by Anonymousreply 108April 28, 2019 6:48 AM

R104 this one doesn't count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 28, 2019 3:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!