Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney Spears looks a hot mess on her Easter outing from the looney bin.

Jesus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Lol. That hair! How could they???

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 4:34 PM

She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 4:37 PM

She looks rough. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Did they give her electro shock therapy???

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 4:42 PM

Shouldn't her shoes be on her feet?

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 4:45 PM

The wonder of anti-psychotics

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 4:46 PM

What drugs are they giving her?

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2019 4:47 PM

$am is still right there by her side. What a devoted boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2019 4:49 PM

That middle-school dance attire and hair has got to go - it’s very disturbing, very Bette-Davis-as-Baby Jane. At least get her some age-appropriate clothing and coif. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2019 4:51 PM

She just needs to retire. She can't possibly need the money at this point.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 4:53 PM

No she does not look well. I have never been a fan- not much there talent wise. But I know that mental illness is awful, just awful and I wish her well, and of course recovery.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 4:55 PM

Wow - this is very sad. Be well Britney.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 4:57 PM

That is sad. I feel very badly for her.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 4:59 PM

How beaten up is her pussy today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 5:00 PM

Me too R13.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 5:01 PM

She’s getting fat.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Swiss sanatorium. 6 months. They don't fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2019 5:07 PM

She’s too old for that harsh blonde hair. She needs a good stylist.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2019 5:12 PM

I could straighten that harlot out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2019 5:14 PM

I never believed she was being held against her will in a crazy house. It was just more internet/social media bullshit and everyone fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2019 5:18 PM

Poor thing. Looks like a massive adjustment in medication. She has that face bloat, and it is like her eyes aren't tracking.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2019 5:23 PM

Poor lady. It looks like they just did take her out of the padded room after feeding her a milkshake laced with downers and lies about how her trip home is a permanent one. They'll have to put her in a straight jacket and throw her in the back of an ambulance to get her back in that place.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2019 5:25 PM

Oh no, they just trotted her out so we would stop wondering if she was hurt or dead.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2019 5:30 PM

[Quote] or dead.

I really hope that's not the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2019 11:17 PM

She has risen!

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2019 12:26 AM

"LET ME BE" by Britney is on the March 2002 GapKids In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2019 12:30 AM

If Celine Dion gets run over by a car, R26, will you be sure to inform us what GAP Playlists she is on?

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2019 12:38 AM

"The Power Of Love" by Celine Dion is on the February 1994 Gap In-Store Playlist!

"Misled (The Groove Edit)" by Celine Dion is on the March 1994 Gap In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2019 12:43 AM

"Christmas Eve" by Celine Dion is on the December 2002 GapKids In-Store Playlist!

(And that is all from 1992 to 2006!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2019 12:44 AM

Who is the man in the photo at R28? He is sexy as hell.

I wonder what he looks like now.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2019 12:47 AM

She looks crazy af,

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2019 12:50 AM

She needs mental health care. Thank God she is getting help and her boyfriend looks amazing I hope he loves her. She is fragile.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2019 12:53 AM

Poor girl

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2019 12:55 AM

Enough with his skinny legs/ankles. You nit picky sluts would be down on your KNEES if given the chance. And he is her PAID boyfriend. PAID, you dumbfucks. PAAAAAAIIIIID!

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2019 1:22 AM

Terribly sad to see someone unfold. However I'd pay good money to see DJT's downfall.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2019 1:29 AM

R34 do you really think he’s paid? She’s that bad mentally? I feel really bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2019 1:34 AM

R34, because we have different tastes in men? That "you'd be down on your knees" is so tedious.

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2019 1:36 AM

Time for a buzz cut, Brit.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2019 1:39 AM

He's her bodyguard/minder more than her boyfriend I think

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2019 1:53 AM

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2019 1:55 AM

I seriously think she is a really really sweet person, and I genuinely feel bad for her. This is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2019 1:58 AM

Agreed R 41, it's nothing but sad

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2019 2:00 AM

Yeah she’s one of the few celebrities I genuinely root for. The level of fame she had at 16 would destroy most people, let alone a girl from the south with bad genes and a 9th grade education.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2019 2:07 AM

It's apparent Brit has no idea where the hell she is (OP's photos).

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 2:10 AM

R37, no, fuck you skank. You’d be on your fat, greasy knees to suck Sam. And you know it bitch. Excuse me, you FAT bitch.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2019 2:16 AM

If you watch the video the poor thing dropped her sneaker and looked like she no idea how to pick it up. Just a zombie. I hope they can balance her meds and keep her out of the spotlight. She should just go live a quiet life

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2019 2:22 AM

She appears to be just totally gone, mentally. She'll need to be taken care of for the rest of her life. They need to take her out of show business entirely and have her live on a nice farm in the country.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2019 2:26 AM

She looks like she was struck VEWY HAWD over the noggin with a clown hammer. Several times.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2019 3:02 AM

You bitches think every woman over 35 with bad hair is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2019 3:10 AM

^^ They usually are.

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2019 3:13 AM

This is one of the only gossip threads I've seen where nearly every post has at least a tinge of sympathy!

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2019 3:29 AM

Is the boyfriend legit? If he’s a dick / cheating, she’s done for

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2019 3:30 AM

It's so sad R51. She's been working since she was a little girl, was likely abused & now she's severely mentally ill. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2019 3:35 AM

Whatever Happened to Baby Britney?

by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2019 3:37 AM

I've been hauled off to the looney bin.... Involuntarily, I might add. It was hell on Earth. Hope Britney pulls through. She's done enough for us common folk. Great beauty tbh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 23, 2019 3:41 AM

She's beginning to look like Anita Ekberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 23, 2019 3:47 AM

Get her out of Los Angeles, buy her a nice farm in her native Louisiana with lots of animals. And FORGET about keeping her in show business for the rest of her life. She needs to be completely removed from all of that if she's ever going to have a chance.

And I'm saying this as a person who's never been a fan of her music. She's a dumb redneck girl with no education and serious mental health problems who should really be living a quiet life in a rural setting, instead of living in the toxic cesspool that is LA and continuing to work in an industry that is the worst industry possible for a person with mental/emotional problems.

by Anonymousreply 57April 23, 2019 3:56 AM

R57 with the slam dunk. Why tf is she still even bothering to live in LA anyway. Find a beautiful and scenic property far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 58April 23, 2019 4:00 AM

Living among Trumpsters in the sticks without quality mental health care probably isn't a good idea either.

by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2019 4:01 AM

[quote]She appears to be just totally gone, mentally. She'll need to be taken care of for the rest of her life. They need to take her out of show business entirely and have her live on a nice farm in the country.

Had she stayed in Louisiana and lived a simple, obscure life, do you all think this psychological deterioration would still have happened? Although extreme fame must be a terrible stressor, perhaps her mental illness was inevitable -- just a ticking bomb during her childhood and teen years.

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2019 4:01 AM

Someone in the other said Britney had always wanted to move to Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2019 4:20 AM

I'm of the party that thinks that this was always going to happen, the mental illness, but the Hollywood lifestyle just exacerbates it.

On the other hand she probably gets the level of care that she's getting because of the money she made from her career. It's also possible that they want her to work in some capacity so she's not just sitting around all day.

From personal experience (although it doesn't involve me but someone super close to me) I know that it takes a while (even months) for people to have their medication adjusted properly so they are both "better" and can "function." Even then you'd probably still have to go back in and have it adjusted at some points.

by Anonymousreply 62April 23, 2019 4:26 AM

So sad. I wonder if she would have eventually come apart even if she never did any drugs.

by Anonymousreply 63April 23, 2019 4:29 AM

If Sam cared about her, he would've told her to wear a baseball hat, big dark sunglasses and baggy dark clothes.

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Maybe it’s time for her to pass away. She will be worth more now dead than alive. She’s outlived her usefulness. The sex kitten child act just won’t hold up for her any longer. She’s not like Cher who has evolved and will never die. She was good when she was young, but it’s done for her.

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2019 4:37 AM

R65 you are a fucking miserable asshole.

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2019 4:43 AM

I've read that, actually, rehearsing and performing are essential for her mental health because it's all she's ever known. Apparently she spirals downward if she has lots of free time. Since she was in show biz from when she was a young child, she never developed any hobbies or interests like people normally do. Left to her own devices, she falls apart. It's very sad.

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2019 4:52 AM

R60 Fascinating question. I think there was definitely a strong predisposition but perhaps the environment waste main trigger. I wound up with severe mental illness throughout my 20s. There was definitely a predisposition but I think the environment I was in from about 17 to 23 set things off.

by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2019 5:23 AM

Of course, we're getting a glimpse here of what Whitney went through for decades but to a greater degree. Whitney was clear about the choices she made; it's not clear Britney can or is allowed to make any choices and sad to see this unfolding. Don't think anyone wants to know the next chapter, but if she's just a money machine to those around her, I think we all know

by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2019 6:29 AM

"That's Where You Take Me" is on the March 2003 GapKids In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2019 11:17 AM

If a rich person can’t get proper mental health treatment what about me ?

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2019 11:26 AM

Re: R67 - I wonder if she would do ok if she'd open up a dance studio or something? In Atlanta, if that's where SHE wanted to be instead of where others chose for her. Would the structure of teaching and the daily activity be enough to keep her on an even keel?

If her parents needed to be involved, they could do the financial part of the business (God knows you need someone who has all oars in the water for that part!)

by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2019 11:52 AM

R72 I thought at one stage she was teaching dance at some studio in LA.

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2019 12:07 PM

closet kills.

by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2019 12:07 PM

She should play Harley Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2019 12:14 PM

Weird. I wondered what was up ... yesterday I was driving by weho city hall and there were a bunch of protesters outside but all the signs said “Free Brit” and “End the 11 year Conservatorship” - guess this prompted it? I just thought all the fans out there were loonier than she but this....

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2019 12:30 PM

If she never made millions she would Be talking to herself at a bus stop in Kentwood. it’s sad I hope people stop joking about her.

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2019 12:41 PM

R56 is that really Anita Ekberg???

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2019 12:41 PM

R73, she did? Didn't know that. So, it must not be enough for her to stay balenced, then. That's truly a shame.

by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2019 12:45 PM

R65, So when celebrities are past their prime and no longer bring in big bucks then they should just drop dead? That is a cruel thing to say. I hope you realize celebrities are humans just like you. The only difference is that they sing, dance, make jokes, and pretend to be other people in front of a camera as their job instead of being a teacher, doctor, nurse, lawyer, janitor, cashier, etc.

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2019 12:50 PM

Britney’s two boys are adorable and I think it’s great Federline and his wife are doing a decent job raising them . JJ is totally a little gayling!

R65 is the one that needs to drop dead ! Insensitive asshole Die Bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2019 12:55 PM

R82 Love the wall sign "The Federlines"

by Anonymousreply 82April 23, 2019 1:00 PM

R78 yes

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2019 1:07 PM

Britney Spears is the NEW Frances Farmer!

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2019 1:21 PM

She thinks she is Judy Garland...

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2019 1:26 PM

How many kids does Kederline have? Two boys with Britney, Two girls with the new wife, and a few with someone else?

by Anonymousreply 86April 23, 2019 1:26 PM

I’m pretty sure she can’t move back to Louisiana because the judge supervising the conservatorship is in LA and he’s not going to let her move to another state. They don’t want the conservator out of their sight because so many steal, and they don’t have jurisdiction in other states, so they insist the person stay where they are. The judge must have had to okay her Las Vegas residency, and since it was very near LA and represented steady work in one place for her, he must have thought it was a good deal.

I have a bipolar relative who used to have a high paying career. She got triggered by drug use, and had a major breakdown. Now she works two menial jobs back to back, often sixteen hours a day. Her mother can’t understand why, and keeps telling her to quit one. It’s obvious she’s doing it because she has uncontrolled bipolar mania (won’t take her drugs) and that’s the only way to keep herself somewhat on the right track.

It could be that what happened with Britney is she wouldn't take her meds and ended up in bad shape, so they took her to the hospital and heavily dosed her to get a lot of drugs in her bloodstream and get her under control.

I’ve known several bipolar people and they refuse to take their drugs, or take them for a while, feel better, then quit. They all self medicate with recreational drugs or alcohol and that’s why they refuse to take their prescription drugs. They’d rather be drunk or high.

I don’t know much about her father, maybe he is terrible, but I do know about the stuff that happens behind the scenes with bipolar people. They can be charming with people in a manic phase, so while the guardian is putting up with horrible behavior that gets much worse at home, in public they can be very nice. Shut the front door and they’re a monster, screaming and unwilling to listen or do anything they’ve promised doctors they will do.

They have to be told no in a very stern way and that’s why her dad has such a bad reputation, probably. I fear for what happens when her father dies. She will end up in dire straits, I’m sorry to say. Whoever gets conservatorship next will have their life constantly disrupted and full of drama. The Federlines have young kids and I’m sure he doesn’t want their lives disrupted by screaming calls in the middle of the night or hysterical crying about the kids. The dad and Sam must be preventing a lot of that for now.

by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2019 1:30 PM

Sliding towards early dementia by the looks of it. Certain subsets of people with mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia have higher rates of dementia than the general population. There is an actual and very strong link thats confirmed in multiple research studies including meta analyses.

by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2019 1:31 PM

The saying is "nature loads the gun, life pulls the trigger." If Britney had stayed in Louisiana, finished high school, married and had kids young, and worked a part-time low-paying job (as so many working class southern women have before her) she might have always been high strung, but ultimately stable. Especially if she'd picked a warm, caring husband.

Instead, take that girl and put her in a pressure cooker from a very young age. Work her until she drops, expose her to drugs and probably sexual abuse, make her famous world-wide by the time she's 16--you'd have to be made of metal to withstand all that. A few people can. Britney couldn't, especially with her genetics.

I think she's done as far as being an entertainer goes, which is probably the very best thing for her. If she needs a routine, she can practice dancing all she wants, but don't push her out on stage.

by Anonymousreply 89April 23, 2019 1:47 PM

R34 R45 You need help. Guys with skinny legs go immediately to the trash bin. But then again, when you're as good looking as I am, you don't have to drop to your knees for just anyone. I feel for you.

by Anonymousreply 90April 23, 2019 1:48 PM

She was a hot mess 20 years ago.

Now she’s a cold mess.

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2019 1:51 PM

R88, I’ve heard that. I fear for the woman I know that I mentioned at R87, because her family are also mentally ill, and they are tired of her behavior that has put them through hell for years. They are barely taking care of her now. It looks like they plan to abandon her when she gets old and can’t take care of herself any more. The husband will just leave. They’re barely functional themselves.

Unless she dies young, she’ll probably end up homeless and alone. I’ve worried about her future for years, but she has become so abusive I’ve had to cut off contact.

This is what happens when people don’t take their meds. The cumulative damage to the relationship just numbs people to the point they don’t care any more. They have to save themselves.

If there’s somebody on this thread that is bipolar, please take your meds. You don’t realize how you seem to other people when you don’t. And stay away from recreational drugs and alcohol, it just makes it a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 92April 23, 2019 1:56 PM

I remember a blind item from some years back about someone going to a Hollywood party and seeing 'a well-known young pop-star' being fucked raw from behind by her dealer while she hoovered up lines of coke. She could have afforded the drugs, but she liked getting them for free and didn't mind fucking him in exchange. A lot of the guesses were that it was Britney, and the related rumor was that she'd contracted HIV, either from the dealer or another hookup.

I think she went much further off the rails than the general public ever knew, and her mental and physical health are a total mess. The full story of what went on during her late teens and early twenties will probably never come out.

by Anonymousreply 93April 23, 2019 1:57 PM

r93 I think that sounds a lot more like Miley.

by Anonymousreply 94April 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Britney Spears is at the tail end of her 30-day stay at a mental health facility ... and we've learned more about how she landed there in the first place.

As we reported, Britney has had a rough time dealing with her dad's recent illness. Jamie and Britney are super close -- he's been her conservator for nearly a dozen years -- and his health battles have taken a big toll on her.

We're told at the same time, Britney's doctors were adjusting her meds which had lost their efficacy. Britney's mental health issues were stabilized with a cocktail of medicines that were designed specifically her. Over time, those meds were increasingly ineffective and doctors needed to create a new cocktail.

We're told there were problems. First, they had to wean Britney off the existing meds. This cannot be done quickly and there's a risk of suicide if it's not done right -- it's that serious.

As doctors weaned her off the meds, they created a new cocktail, but it's all trial and error, and there were errors that made Britney unstable and ultimately unwilling to cooperate with doctors.

She was admitted to the mental health facility and we're told doctors think they've now found the right mixture of drugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 23, 2019 2:18 PM

^^^This is why I don't think her diagnosis is bipolar disorder, subtype I or II, I think the way that she presents it's probably schizoaffective disorder and substance abuse disorder. The treatment for schizoaffective disorder can be more complicated than bipolar I or II disorder. Also, substance abuse is quite common in either diagnoses, and that adds onto the complex nature of treatment. What many people don't realize is that although medications work to allow patients to resume independent lives (personal and professional), medications often will not make the symptoms disappear. Many people do have to manage having breakthrough psychotic symptoms such as audio or visual hallucinations. This is why it's importance to have both pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. Psychotherapy can help them to manage symptoms such as internal preoccupation. I have a patient with schizoaffective disorder who is able to "talk" to his internal voices and realize that they are not real. He's independent and very high functioning, and every few years we adjust his medication dosage in small increments if necessary. Hopefully Britney will follow what her mental health team suggests, and all of the people in her close circle have to be on the same page. Because to me, she doesn't present well at all, by that I mean the severity of her illness is very apparent in her disheveled appearance and blunted facial expressions.

by Anonymousreply 96April 23, 2019 2:32 PM

Gosh. I guess they take away your hairbrushes in there, in case you hurt yourself.

by Anonymousreply 97April 23, 2019 2:37 PM

i think she has some issues, the media spinned it to make it sounds worse that it is.

by Anonymousreply 98April 23, 2019 2:44 PM

She probably supports so many people (in the millionaire lifestyle, no less) that she won't ever be able to quit: Federline and all his crotch fruit, her sister and her crotch fruit, her mother, her father, probably some hillbillies in Louisiana, etc

by Anonymousreply 99April 23, 2019 2:59 PM

Some of her presentation may very well be from meds basically tranquilizing her, and that particular side effect can wear off and stabilize after some time of adjustment. So the dazed look may not be from her illness, it may be medication.

by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2019 3:07 PM

If/when she stops working her monetary obligations to her ex and her family members will be reduced accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 101April 23, 2019 3:08 PM

Does anyone remember when she had her super close female cousin she was always with in her younger years?Plus at least one BFF from Kentwood that she grew up with. Anyone know what became of those two?

by Anonymousreply 102April 23, 2019 3:18 PM

Can we please all end the use of the word "cocktail" in relation to pharmaceutical regimens?

by Anonymousreply 103April 23, 2019 3:23 PM

Even with her family members to support, Britney should have enough to keep everyone going if she never works again. Isn't she worth hundreds of millions? With decent financial arrangements, that amount of money would easily support dozens of people in great style.

by Anonymousreply 104April 23, 2019 4:01 PM

[quote]The treatment for schizoaffective disorder can be more complicated than bipolar I or II disorder.

R96, both my siblings spent months in psychiatric treatment doing just what that TMZ article said. There were times they came home, they weren't "right" and had to immediately go back. For one it was a month stay, break, a month stay, break and then two months. Even taking them off of their current meds required that they be watched. Sometimes they had suicidal tendencies and sometimes I'd visit and they'd be ill. One of them would shake violently with zero control over it as her brain was weened off of one medication and put on the next. They're both bi-polar I.

It's also why I chose not to have biological children with my partner.

by Anonymousreply 105April 23, 2019 4:10 PM

Same here, R105. It runs in the family. It’s my personal observation that when women hit menopause they get worse, a lot worse. I’ve seen it numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 106April 23, 2019 4:13 PM

Britney isn't close to menopause. The average age is 51.

Not sure you were saying she WAS close to menopause, but I thought I'd put that out there in case someone thought 37 was "menopausal."

by Anonymousreply 107April 23, 2019 4:19 PM

That scares me R106 :( I wish you and your family the best.

by Anonymousreply 108April 23, 2019 4:31 PM

It scares me too, R108. I’ve noticed stressful or traumatic events can trigger mentally ill people. I recently finally cut myself off from my family very reluctantly. They were in constant turmoil and I got to the point where I was so stressed I couldn’t eat or sleep and had daily panic attacks. I couldn’t live like that anymore, especially for people who really don’t give a damn about me. They don’t really care about anyone else either, they just use people.

Another relative stays in touch in a very limited way to these people by having various topics that are off limits. But I get heavily bullied and I just can’t do it anymore. My life had lost all enjoyment from the endless emotional manipulation and drama. I finally realize I don’t have anything in common with them and my stress was coming from their behavior. I just wanted to enjoy my life again and have some peace.

by Anonymousreply 109April 23, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote]r105 both my siblings spent months in psychiatric treatment ...

My family and friends have done time in psych wards, as well. I don't know what the alternatives are. Clearly they can't help themselves. A therapeutic environment and trying different medications is pretty much the only option, as those surrounding them on the outside world aren't health care professionals, or available 'round the clock.

Of course there are bad facilities, bad therapy, and people who never need treatment in the first place ... but it's not like the deeply disturbed can just be put in a teepee by a lake, and collected a week later, all better. Most people enter a facility when all else has failed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2019 4:42 PM

R93 Wasn't that BI about Demi Lovato?

by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2019 4:43 PM

I think that blind item could be about any number of young pop divas. Most of them are very fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2019 4:53 PM

Wtf is wrong with her hair and weave? She'd look good if she managed to fix her hair. She still has a super fit body, as you can see on Instagram and asgharis videos of her

by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2019 5:29 PM

Sometimes it seems like these anti-psychotic drugs can actually induce psychosis. Britney looks drugged out of her mind. I hope these doctors actually know wtf they are doing - the wrong medications can just make things way worse...

by Anonymousreply 114April 23, 2019 5:29 PM

I never (shudder) thought I would defend an individual that walks barefoot in a gas station , but she seems like a nice person, makes it doubly sad.

by Anonymousreply 115April 23, 2019 5:37 PM

I am a little suspicious of her boyfriend Sam. WHY would he allow her to walk outside looking so disheveled KNOWING there were a ton or paparazzi waiting outside?

He could have given her a hat and sunglasses at the very least. I’m not sure what is going on with this whole situation but SOMETHING DOESN’T SEEM RIGHT... why is Britney’s mom liking posts with the hashtag freebritney. I do worry for her conservatorship if the dad Jamie dies. I don’t think he has ever tried to steal Britney’s money but other conservators might

by Anonymousreply 116April 23, 2019 6:09 PM

My personal opinion is that there is a power struggle going on within the conservatorship. The conservator now is her dad, who is apparently extremely ill and might possibly die. Who takes over the conservatorship once Jamie is out of the picture and thereby gains access to millions of dollars?

Parading Britney in front of the paparazzi looking extremely ill and putting her in a mental hospital will be used as evidence to continue the conservatorship indefinitely after Jamie dies. Up to now, once Jamie died there was a good chance Britney could have filed to end the conservatorship and had that motion granted by the court. After the events of the last few weeks that is now impossible.

Sam seems like he is possibly in on it (next conservator?) or there could be other unknown conspirators involved (co-conservators or crooked lawyers involved in the conservaoteship)

by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2019 6:17 PM

Watch the music video to Britney Spears' Everytime. Eerily prescient!

by Anonymousreply 118April 23, 2019 6:45 PM

R111 Demi was the first person that came to mind when i read it. Apparently she also did anal with Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 119April 23, 2019 7:15 PM

My guess is the mother is trying to get the conservatorship? Too bad nobody in the family has any brains, her younger sister should get it. The mother will die too eventually.

Maybe the mother and Sam are working together.

It could even be her father asked Sam to go ahead and let her look bad because she was trying to get out of the conservatorship, and he wanted pictures of her looking bad so he could keep the conservatorship going. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not looking out for her. She may not be competent to know what’s best for her. Looks like it.

by Anonymousreply 120April 23, 2019 8:11 PM

If Dad can last another 10 years, her sons will be old enough to take over. Hopefully at least one of them is a kind and decent person.

by Anonymousreply 121April 23, 2019 8:12 PM

R121 unless they got KFed whispering their ear.

by Anonymousreply 122April 23, 2019 8:14 PM

*in their

by Anonymousreply 123April 23, 2019 8:14 PM

The other thing is, why is she carrying new shoes that match her dress, but wearing Birkenstocks? Maybe Sam brought the dress and shoes for her to wear outside, but she had shoes already and didn’t want to change.

by Anonymousreply 124April 23, 2019 8:14 PM

[quote]I never (shudder) thought I would defend an individual that walks barefoot in a gas station ,

In a gas station's REST ROOM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 23, 2019 8:18 PM

R90, you’re Tennessee Bottom from Xtube, right?

by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2019 8:56 PM

A conservator doesn't HAVE to be a close family member. It can be an attorney. A financial advisor. I think best solution if Daddy passes would be a team (lawyer, banker, medical advisor, etc.) that is not emotionally involved with Brit.

by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2019 9:11 PM

She looks like she needs a good dose of zanax. Why didn’t they give her some meds her poor eyes look wild, hurting and exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 128April 23, 2019 9:17 PM

True, it doesn’t have to be a close family member. But a lot of these “teams” (lawyers, bankers, financial advisors) end up robbing their clients blind. At least the dad Jamie has kept everyone honest, apparently her estate is worth a massive amount now. Once he is out of the picture (he is very ill) somebody else is going to take control...

I just find it strange that “crazy” disheveled 2008 era Britney suddenly reappears (for staged paparazzi photos with her boyfriend Sam) just as her conservatorship could possibly be ending upon her dad’s passing

by Anonymousreply 129April 23, 2019 9:18 PM

I'm saddened by this. Prayers up for BritBrit.

by Anonymousreply 130April 23, 2019 9:19 PM

She is supporting K Fed’s family, her mom and dad, probably her sister too. Maybe she feels unloved like a donkey in Tijuana.

by Anonymousreply 131April 23, 2019 9:19 PM

She wanted to be free of all this celebrity shit when she shaved her head, and she still wants to be free.

by Anonymousreply 132April 23, 2019 9:21 PM

Her dad Jamie is just fine. He was photographed driving around LA yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 133April 23, 2019 9:40 PM

I will always root for her. Instead of being loved and protected, her parents exploited her.

by Anonymousreply 134April 23, 2019 9:47 PM

Her hair is a mess but otherwise she looks fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 135April 23, 2019 9:54 PM

They saw her as a way out of the trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 136April 23, 2019 10:02 PM

R136 it worked didn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 137April 23, 2019 10:40 PM

When people are so severely mentally ill they're in and out of psych wards and totally non-functional and a total burden to others, as posters in this thread have described, I wonder if it's just in everyone's best interests to "look the other way" and let these severely crazy and unhappy people just off themselves. It's kind of like nature taking its course, in a way.

by Anonymousreply 138April 23, 2019 11:59 PM

Sam says she’s doing great. He can’t wait to marry her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 24, 2019 1:17 AM

She is not R104. Due to her conservertiship (aploogize for the spelling) her finances are quite public. If you google her father's last filing, she is worth around $54M. Which, don't get me wrong, is enough to support her, her parents, her sister, her kids, and even K-Fed, for the rest of all their lives, but ... someone thinks she should continue to work.

It could be, as others have said, that performing keeps her "active" and with it. I could see that. If that is the case, they need to cut back her shows and increase her home life gradually until she is happy being a full time Mom/homebody. I can also now see how Federline got part time custody, when at the time, I was shocked that a very rich woman had to share custody with her (lets face it) deplorable ex. She just isn't up for motherhood.

by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2019 1:35 AM

54 million is actually not that much considering Britney has been famous for at least 20 years now. Did’t Beyonce get 60 million for 1 Netflix deal? I mean even Kathy Griffin claims to be worth 35 million???

by Anonymousreply 141April 24, 2019 1:38 AM

Where did the $54 million figure come from, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 142April 24, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]I wonder if it's just in everyone's best interests to "look the other way" and let these severely crazy and unhappy people just off themselves.

Absolutely not. It's as if one day your best friend becomes someone completely different. You know it's their brain chemistry doing it. You know there will be points when they're back to some facsimile of their normal self. You just have to make sure they have ways of getting themselves there through treatment and medication. When they're "there" they're fine-ish. The medication just increases the amount of time they are that way. The therapy makes sure they're telling everyone what's really going on in their minds so they can gauge when they need their meds adjusted or they're about to slip for other reasons.

[quote] Did’t Beyonce get 60 million for 1 Netflix deal? I mean even Kathy Griffin claims to be worth 35 million???

She wasn't at the height of her fame at the same time in history as either of those two. She also didn't diversify her portfolio like either of those two have.

And Beyonce's Nextflix deal was for 3 projects. She already turned in the first, which was just a recording of her Coachella concert weekends which was already broadcast. All she did was reedit it with a little behind the scenes material. So technically she got 20 million for something she already did.

No matter what people think of that girl, her people aren't stupid.

by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2019 1:50 AM

R142, Probably the court filing, you have to disclose the assets periodically.

I know someone who was in a conservatorship. She was an elderly woman whose son had to take over. They had to declare every asset, the son had to submit a plan on what money had to be spent on her like buying her a small apartment, and had to get it approved by a judge. You can’t make any major purchase without the judge’s approval. You can’t move without the judge’s approval. The judge reviews once a year.

The person can no longer sign contracts and legally it’s like they’re a child. The lawyer and son had to auto pay the utility bills because she wasn’t paying them. She was no longer responsible for paying anything.

The bad part was the son lived far away and couldn’t move there. The judge said, she has to live here because this way she’s in my jurisdiction. There was a court order that she could not move to her son’s home town. The judge said to the son, you’ll steal from her. Obviously he had experience.

The son had to hire a local lawyer to keep up. He couldn’t afford it. In these cases, the lawyers charge for years on end and it depletes the estate. I think she ended up in a nursing home because her expenses were set and the judge couldn’t complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 144April 24, 2019 1:55 AM

Much of Beyonce's fortune comes from merching and endorsements, which is where the big $$$ is these days. I don't believe Britney ever got on that gravy train when she was at the peak of her popularity.

by Anonymousreply 145April 24, 2019 1:56 AM

Britney posted an update.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 24, 2019 2:37 AM

Yeah Kylie Jenner is supposedly a billionaire, and Britney Spears is only worth a relatively paltry 54 million? Britney should have done a make up line or shoe line like Jessica Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 147April 24, 2019 2:37 AM

Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, except in fantasyland

by Anonymousreply 148April 24, 2019 2:39 AM

Pfft to $54 mil--she has to have some offshore, easily hidden to the average IRS agent's review...

by Anonymousreply 149April 24, 2019 2:40 AM

R145, she has over 20 fragrances, and they are still popular. I can't believe I know that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 24, 2019 2:40 AM

I don’t buy that figure. I would have said Brit is worth 150-200 Million easy. She’s one of the biggest pop stars we’ve ever seen. No way am I buying 54

by Anonymousreply 151April 24, 2019 2:41 AM

Britney seems ok in that video. Looks like they got a hair person to at least do her hair before posting it. Is it true Jaime was seen driving around LA and is doing fine? If so why did her handlers say it was his health that caused her to snap again? Something isn’t quite adding up

by Anonymousreply 152April 24, 2019 2:44 AM

She explains more in the instagram post that goes with the video.

[quote]britneyspears - I wanted to say hi, because things that are being said have just gotten out of control!!! Wow!!! There’s rumors, death threats to my family and my team, and just so many things crazy things being said. I am trying to take a moment for myself, but everything that’s happening is just making it harder for me. Don’t believe everything you read and hear. These fake emails everywhere were crafted by Sam Lutfi years ago... I did not write them. He was pretending to be me and communicating with my team with a fake email address. My situation is unique, but I promise I’m doing what’s best at this moment 🌸🌸🌸 You may not know this about me, but I am strong, and stand up for what I want! Your love and dedication is amazing, but what I need right now is a little bit of privacy to deal with all the hard things that life is throwing my way. If you could do that, I would be forever grateful. Love you

She's basically telling everyone to leave her alone and mind your business.

by Anonymousreply 153April 24, 2019 2:46 AM

There is zero chance that Britney actually wrote that message herself. It seems carefully crafted by her team.

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2019 2:50 AM

What emails by Sam Lufti is she talking about?

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2019 2:52 AM

R154 Yeah, her ‘team’ (aka animal trainers/handlers) is working overtime putting out this fake “everything’s fine, just FINE” b.s.

by Anonymousreply 156April 24, 2019 3:26 AM

Her true net worth was revealed during her child support case with K-Fed. $56M in 2017. K-Fed was asking for more money due to her residency in Vegas. This was reported by ET.

by Anonymousreply 157April 24, 2019 4:01 AM

I wonder if, since most of her success was at the beginning of her career, her net worth is lower because she was bound to shitty contracts. She comes from an uneducated family in Louisiana and was underage when signed. I can see them being dazzled by a $1 million offer when they could have been asking for $10 million. Most pop singer contracts are for 3 to 6 albums. She's never been like Madonna or Taylor Swift who have a knack for business. (Plus Taylor's father was a stockbroker at Merrill Lynch, her mother was a mutual fund executive, and they even purchased a stake in her record label before she started.)

by Anonymousreply 158April 24, 2019 4:29 AM

R139 Jesus, that is a terrible photo of Brit. I wish she'd stop with the smoky eyes.

R147 well she's got her fragrance line. And she also had a lingerie line. I remember Jessica Biel making a shady tweet about it.

by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2019 4:58 AM

[quote]Yeah, her ‘team’ (aka animal trainers/handlers) is working overtime putting out this fake “everything’s fine, just FINE” b.s.

This is the problem.

Even if Britney did make the video herself and did write the instagram post herself, her "stans" would never believe she did.

There is not a single circumstance, other than them physically being there every minute she did both, would they ever believe she's capable of doing anything.

"This can't be true because I don't believe it's true even if she says it's true because she is never capable of making any truthful statements because I have decided she can't because I really know her and no one else does. Only I can protect Britney!"

by Anonymousreply 160April 24, 2019 5:09 AM

Conservatorships are for the most incapacitated in our society: elderly people with dementia, people in comas, severely mentally delayed people... the fact that britney has been under a conservatorship for 11 years is disturbing. Anyone who has been working as much as Britney at a complicated, demanding job and interviews should not be under a conservatorship. She literally can't call anyone on the phone without her dad's permission and she can't drive. She is a shell of the person she was even at the very beginning of the conservatorship when it was only supposed to last 6 months. The attorney helping to oversee the conservatorship quit after asking for a raise because he was worried he'd get disbarred

by Anonymousreply 161April 24, 2019 5:19 AM

Most people in conservatorships can call whoever they want, they just can’t pay bills or sign contracts. Sometimes they can drive, sometimes not.

If she couldn’t call anyone, a judge would likely have to approve of that. It sounds like she belonged in a mental hospital and they gave her extreme conditions to keep her from having to be institutionalized because she didn’t want to go. She’s wealthy enough to have nursing staff at home. But if she didn’t obey orders she could get very ill.

Telling someone they can’t make calls isn’t random. Likely she was harassing people and told to stop, but wouldn’t listen. Or she had OCD and was making phone calls or online all night and it was messing up her medications. A judge isn’t going to approve restrictions like that unless it’s to prevent the police from arresting her, or prevent her mental health from getting worse. It makes sense to me if she was possibly tweeting or posting erratic messages that her kids were seeing and it made them upset, or it messed up her night schedule.

I’d like to know why the attorney thought he’d get disbarred. Money being stolen?

by Anonymousreply 162April 24, 2019 5:50 AM

R161, also if you have a seizure they suspend your drivers license for at least six months. If she had electroshock therapy they might suspend it for a long time, or if she’s epileptic. I know someone who OD’d and had a seizure, she lost her license.

by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2019 5:53 AM

Britney looks and sounds horrible in that short clip.

WTF is with her Joker face?

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Britneys estate is worth way more than just $54 million dollars. TMZ reported that that's money from a single trust that was made available in paper work filed in court. She has way money put away in several other trusts that adds up to hundreds of millions of dollars.

The amount that was made public in court filings was from a trust that finances britneys lifestyle etc. That's not all she has. Plus on top of that, she has lots of $$$ constantly coming in. Along with investments and several pieces of real estate she owns.

You'd have to be crazy to believe $54 million dollars is all britneys worth. This is britney spears were talking about after all.

The girl has $$$. Maybe not beyonce $$$ but she's still a very wealthy woman.

by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2019 6:58 AM

Those extensions look horrible and why even have them if she isn't touring or doing show biz shit.

by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2019 7:44 AM

[quote]Had she stayed in Louisiana and lived a simple, obscure life, do you all think this psychological deterioration would still have happened? Although extreme fame must be a terrible stressor, perhaps her mental illness was inevitable -- just a ticking bomb during her childhood and teen years.

She has bipolar disorder which is basically just a ticking time bomb. Avoiding stress is part of the management but once the drugs stop working, you're fucked. I have it myself and am dreading that inevitable development.

by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2019 9:40 AM

Surely if she was harassing people by phone repeatedly we'd have heard a voice recording of it by now, and if she was posting crazy stuff late at night, that would have made the news.

Absolutely believe whoever wrote that statement that Lufti had sent out fake emails before. The man is bad, bad news.

by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2019 9:57 AM

She's on the tollroad to Baby Jane Hudson territory.

by Anonymousreply 169April 24, 2019 9:58 AM

Sean is going to be 14 in 5 months, how old would he have to be to take over for Britney’s dad? It will probably have to be JJ though as he seems more mature and he’s younger and a gayling. Is Jamie Lynn as big a mess as Britney’s mom? I really hope for Britney’s sake that her dad survives until JJ is old enough to take over.

by Anonymousreply 170April 24, 2019 10:23 AM

I'm always amazed in situations like this when the people close to the mentally ill celebrity allow them to go out in public looking like they're out of their mind. Ray Charles could have seen that Britney had mental institution hair and would have made sure she looked decent before taking her out of that place. She looks like she's been doped out of her mind.

by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2019 10:30 AM

[quote]She has bipolar disorder which is basically just a ticking time bomb. Avoiding stress is part of the management but once the drugs stop working, you're fucked. I have it myself and am dreading that inevitable development.

Honey, if you take your meds you won't be a ticking timebomb. The majority of people with bipolar disorder live long and healthy lives medicated. It's a very manageable illness. Find a good psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 172April 24, 2019 9:40 PM

If that were true R165, then she (through her attorneys) defrauded the court. She declared $57M. If she had "hundreds of millions" elsewhere and didn't disclose it, she'd be in shit ton of trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had money/assets elsewhere, but not in the $100M+ range.

by Anonymousreply 173April 24, 2019 10:09 PM

R173, maybe what happened is some of the money got shunted into trusts for her kids. That might have been set up years ago, and maybe certain profits are earmarked automatically to go into those trusts.

Some is probably going to Sam, which they probably don’t want her to know about. If she’s that ill, she should have a trained medical staff, but my guess is Sam is it. Some is going to K-Fed. All that would be known to the court, since Federline has a court order for whatever amount he’s getting.

It’s possible there’s hidden money someplace that’s being misused by her dad or somebody and the lawyer helped hide it, that could be why the lawyer said he was afraid of getting disbarred as someone posted upthread. But that’s fraud and prison time, especially if it’s very large sums. Disbarred would be the least of it.

by Anonymousreply 174April 24, 2019 10:21 PM

R173 The judge knows about the funds in other trusts nothings being hidden. Just from the public. The only trust that was made public was the one that finances britneys life.

The public doesn't need to know about the full extent of her financial estate. Its simply not our business.

by Anonymousreply 175April 24, 2019 11:30 PM

Can't britneys older brother brian spears take over? He seems like he has it together. I believe he also works in the entertainment business as well. I think he either has a production company or is into talent management or something I read years ago. But I believe he's married with children himself.

by Anonymousreply 176April 24, 2019 11:33 PM

Sam says everything is fine. She’s doing great. And also, he can’t wait to marry her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 25, 2019 12:43 AM

R177 If you look closely you can see the money signs in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 178April 25, 2019 1:18 AM

This was never going to end well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 25, 2019 1:28 AM

She’s stronger than yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 180April 25, 2019 1:36 AM

"And also, he can’t wait to marry her."

He's gotta be either delusional or a golddigger, why else would be put up with that hot mess?

by Anonymousreply 181April 25, 2019 1:59 AM

Door # 2 R181. Though as others have said, he is probably more her paid “minder/companion” than a true boyfriend. Still though, maybe that’s what she needs so I’m not judging.

Lohan should be so lucky to have someone keep her out of harm’s way.

by Anonymousreply 182April 25, 2019 2:11 AM

She looks like Britney Spears as played by Mink Stole in the John Waters movie bio.

by Anonymousreply 183April 25, 2019 2:14 AM

r183 for wit and wisdom!

by Anonymousreply 184April 25, 2019 2:20 AM

No way is he paid. Any man would give his left nut to be with Britney.

by Anonymousreply 185April 25, 2019 2:21 AM

r185, maybe in the early 2000s. Now? No.

by Anonymousreply 186April 25, 2019 2:21 AM

I was glad that she turned it around from last decade's breakdown, and am sad to see her struggling. I hope she gets past this too.

And her boyfriend is hot. Hope he's good for her as well.

by Anonymousreply 187April 25, 2019 2:24 AM

I didn’t realize that he’s 25. Lol. (Brit is 37.)

by Anonymousreply 188April 25, 2019 2:37 AM

I hope she beats another vehicle with an umbrella, ella, ella.

by Anonymousreply 189April 25, 2019 2:38 AM

[Quote] If you look closely you can see the money signs in his eyes.

Well if Brit does decide to dump Sam....i volunteer to comfort him in his time of need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2019 3:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!