Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fake Officer Arrested After He Pulled Over Real Detective in Traffic Stop, Say Deputies

Don’t you hate it when you’re pretending to be a cop, and you pull over someone who turns out to be a real detective? It’s so annoying.

Deputies in Pasco County, Florida arrested Matthew Joseph Erris, 26, for allegedly pretending to be a law enforcement officer, according to The Tampa Bay Times. Officials claim he turned on red and blue lights on his Chevy Trailblazer Tuesday night at about 8 p.m., and tried to perform a traffic stop.

submit to reddit

Don’t you hate it when you’re pretending to be a cop, and you pull over someone who turns out to be a real detective? It’s so annoying.

Deputies in Pasco County, Florida arrested Matthew Joseph Erris, 26, for allegedly pretending to be a law enforcement officer, according to The Tampa Bay Times. Officials claim he turned on red and blue lights on his Chevy Trailblazer Tuesday night at about 8 p.m., and tried to perform a traffic stop.

It just so happened that the driver of this other vehicle was an undercover detective for the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, according to authorities. This legit law enforcement officer didn’t pull over. Erris’ alleged response was to merge to the inside lane, switch off the red and blue lights, and pass by.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 7:44 AM

Now that is a hard fucking 26.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 7:55 AM

Stories like this one scare me since you are supposed to trust and obey people with authority, like cops. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you are stopped by this guy while driving? Get his ID and check the local police if his credentials are genuine while you are sitting in your car and the guy stands right next to you potentially holding a gun?

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 8:00 AM

R2 Don't pull over unless the car is marked. When in doubt, just drive to a police station.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 8:19 AM

Forgive me..but is this man a "quadroon"? Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 9:22 AM

How many people has he pulled over that weren't cops?

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 9:42 AM

Does anyone have a contact number for the 'fake officer'? We would like him to arrest us!

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 9:42 AM

Seriously. A redheaded quadroon stepchild? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 4:23 AM

I’m not gonna lie, I bet he throws a mean, hard fuck. But, I don’t doubt he is dumb and actually mean as well.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 4:48 AM

2010 arrest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 7:05 AM

2010 mugshot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 7:05 AM

Oh quadroon

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 7:16 AM

this bitch

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 7:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!