Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SNL's Michael Che defends fellow Weekend Update host Colin Jost from Jezebel writer criticism

Don’t mess with Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update team. That was the takeaway after segment co-star Michael Che posted a series of vulgar rebuttals to an article attacking his fellow host, Colin Jost.

In an Uproxx article titled Why Does Everyone (Still) Hate ‘SNL”s Colin Jost?, writer Steven Hyden took issue with the host’s demeanor on the segment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 23, 2019 6:52 AM

Actually, the writer was from Uproxx.

This is the article that started the feud:

Why Does Everyone (Still) Hate ‘SNL’s Colin Jost?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2019 11:32 PM

Colin is cute. Leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2019 11:35 PM

According to these SJW writers, Colin's biggest "sin" was the TG joke he made after the election and then him not being appropriately remorseful about it:

“The dating app Tinder announced a new feature this week that gives users 37 different gender identity options. It’s called, ‘Why democrats lost the election.”

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2019 11:39 PM

Jost is the whitest of white guys, but Lorne Michaels has always had to have a smirky white guy heading up the news segment. Che is much funnier.

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2019 11:41 PM

Chevy Chase was right when he said that SNL hasn't been funny in over a decade. The current cast is abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2019 11:42 PM

R4 that’s because most real life anchormen have been smirking white guys.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2019 11:45 PM

He’s lucky Che has his back. They won’t go after Che.

I’m not a huge fan of Che, but this made me like him a bit more. Loyalty is rare but important.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2019 11:51 PM

No, R7, they don't like Che either due to his perceived problems with women.

The Mary Sue: Dear Michael Che, As a Black Woman, STFU

In the end, I think a lot of this criticism is just mediocre writers from mediocre media outlets trying to gain attention for themselves by attacking better known targets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2019 11:55 PM

Well as targets go, Jost is a pretty easy one. Easy, and white and puffy.

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2019 11:58 PM

[Quote]Chevy Chase hasn't been funny in over a decade.

Fixed it for you, r5.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 12:00 AM

Che is one whiny little bitch

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 12:00 AM

When they made Pete apologize to a right wing extremist, because he got butt hurt and played the “butt I’m a veteran! I poke my eye out!”card, it was clear the show was down the shitter.

That’s the same Dan Crenshaw, incidentally, who cried we needed “a new civility” in politics. Then, this week started a tweet storm when he claimed Ilhan Omar had denied the 9/11 attackers were terrorists. He’s just another lying fake-ass piece of shit, but with a really cool pirate eye patch.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 12:02 AM

Colin Jost is basically the embodiment of SNL's target demographic. Of course they're not going to get rid of him, because he's a reflection of most of the people who actually watch SNL.

He has amazing hair, BTW. I wish my hair were that thick and full.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 12:03 AM

How do they know that Che was the one to change the writer's Wikipedia to say that he has sex with dogs? Couldn't anyone have done that?

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 12:06 AM

Good point R13. He is the very personification of SNL.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 12:06 AM

never a big fan of che, I applaud his defense of his buddy. u 2 are awesome together !.. continued success..

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 12:07 AM

R15, so, what is wrong with that? That white bread audience is their bread and butter. So why shouldn't they cater to it?

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2019 12:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2019 12:08 AM

The real issue is that neither Jost or Che has drank the trans Kool-Aid because even that article at R8 which supposedly refers to women ends up talking about trans writer Samantha Allen.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2019 12:11 AM

Nice nips

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2019 12:13 AM

No, Che drinks a lot of Kool-Aid already. He doesn't need trans dye #10. It's toxic.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2019 12:15 AM

Jost has been writing for SNL since 2005! I had no idea he'd been around that long.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote] In the end, I think a lot of this criticism is just mediocre writers from mediocre media outlets trying to gain attention for themselves by attacking better known targets.

This.

100%

"No one in my Twitter feed..." = I am a hack who doesn't talk to real people but only goes by what "Twitter" is saying. (And "Twitter: doesn't like anything. Especially anything male and white and Harvard-educated.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2019 12:21 AM

Does Jost have a bad nose job? I can't believe that's his actual nose. He has the face of a spider monkey. Can't believe anyone finds this boring Wasp douchebag attractive.

His nose sure looked wider and more bulbous in his younger years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2019 12:55 AM

His GF sure had a nose job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2019 12:56 AM

A lot of celebrities get nose jobs to "refine" their looks. Probably more get them then don't.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2019 1:06 AM

[Quote] Probably more get them then don't.

How exactly does that work?

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2019 1:09 AM

r27 you made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2019 1:12 AM

Surgery, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2019 1:13 AM

The entire cast, except for Aidy and Cecily, need to go.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2019 1:14 AM

completely agree r30

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2019 1:15 AM

Kate McKinnon is the only memorable one.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2019 1:16 AM

R12 Yes, SNL are just a bunch of right wing cock suckers (or at least Lorne Michael's is). They have done far crueler sketches without apologizing but release a simpering apology over this silliness. The joke wasn't even that mean . Lorne also invited Trump to host and let Megan McCain, spawn of scumbags John and Cindy, work as an intern.

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2019 1:28 AM

None of the players come out of this looking good.

On one hand you have the hacky outrage and negativity merchant. On the other, two very mediocre, untalented and puffed up frat bros.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2019 1:33 AM

No one will look back at this era of SNL and remember Jost as anything other than a Weekend Update news anchor. So really there's no use in writing an entire article about him or defending him.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2019 5:49 AM

I like both of them. I enjoyed them as news anchors. And frankly their sense of humor’s are different but complementary.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 10:16 AM

Jost is really smackable. His face is smugness personified. But as a comic, he’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 11:04 AM

After their Emmy hosting, fuck both these unfunny bastards

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 11:08 AM

They are both quintessentially lame. Jost misses "cute" by the proverbial country mile; Che speaks in a mush-mouth; and laughing at one's own jokes is the definition of "pathetic amateur."

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 11:18 AM

I liked Michael’s email to the writer. The black chick who wants him to stfu is just sad; her motivation seems to be that he doesn’t focus on her. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 4:46 PM

He's just the latest in the long line of white, straight, smug "frat boy" types who have always anchored Weekend Update. It goes all the way back to Chevy Chase. Nothing new to see here. At all. Which is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 4:56 PM

[quote]Nothing new to see here. At all. Which is the problem.

Who the fuck do you think is SNL's core audience? How many woke black women do you think watch SNL?

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 9:05 PM

Your impudence is offputting. I shant be answering your vulgar post.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2019 3:40 AM

Those two have ruined W/E Update...cocky and no English majors, they.

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 3:50 AM

I wonder when their run on WU will end? Usually, the anchors only stay for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2019 3:51 AM

r43 = lips pursed tighter than a cat's asshole.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2019 3:52 AM

Exactly r39. They are the worst weekend update hosts to date.

Colin Jost’s dead psycho eyes and aspie smirk are one of the reasons I don’t like the show anymore. Far from being funny, his weird face and lack of expression make my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2019 5:02 AM

They both just come across as smug and lazy writers who bring no energy to Weekend Update. They stumble through their line readings and their material is hacky.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2019 5:09 AM

R47, I thought he was kinda cute till you weighed in!

The one thing I can't stand is Leslie Jones coming on and getting all flirty with him. It's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2019 5:18 AM

"Your impudence is offputting. I shant be answering your vulgar post."

Where is the apostrophe? I - I....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2019 5:39 AM

R47 "dead psycho eyes and aspie smirk ". OT, but that's how I feel about hockey star Sean Avery. At one point a lot of sports media outlets were really promoting him but I thought he seemed off. Then he released a video of himself making fun of homeless people. I was right!

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2019 5:49 AM

[quote] They are the worst weekend update hosts to date.

Norm Macdonald and Dennis Miller would like you to hold their beers.

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2019 6:01 AM

Didn't norm and Dennis both become major right wing cunts?

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2019 6:09 AM

Who cares if he's not the greatest Weekend Update anchor ever? He's the sexiest Weekend Update anchor ever. And he's fucking funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2019 6:10 AM

all white men are smug and should be shamed out of their jobs and the jobs given to people "of color" because of that.

by Anonymousreply 55April 23, 2019 6:31 AM

LSA should be fined every time one of their own wander over here.

by Anonymousreply 56April 23, 2019 6:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!