Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

6 Churches in Sri Lanka Bombed in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday

Yes there are casualties. Hotels were also attacked.

Churches in the SO USA and elsewhere in American have also been destroyed this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2019 4:11 AM

News 1st? Seriously?

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2019 6:46 AM

Sri Lanka is overwhelmingly a Buddhist country and the Buddhists there are known to attack minority communities (including Muslims) or to riot when they think their faith is being attacked or under threat by missionaries.

Nice try, OP. But chances are that this is story is not what you WISH it were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2019 6:47 AM

For R1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2019 6:53 AM

It's the exciteable Third World. This happens every day. No one cares OP unless a tourist scored a splinter. Next.

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2019 7:04 AM

I was just researching trips to Sri Lanka looks like I’m definitely going now. Maybe I’ll die in the next terrorist attack

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2019 7:25 AM

As someone once said, religion is organized madness.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2019 7:28 AM

No one cares OP.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2019 7:28 AM

r5 How old are you and why do you want to die in a terrorist attack? Is your life that bad?

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2019 7:28 AM

And really, why should we?

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2019 7:28 AM

"SO USA?"

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2019 7:33 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2019 8:03 AM

R8

37 and my life is one continuing shitshow

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2019 8:20 AM

R3, Thank you for your post & link.

R1, You call me a Troll for reporting the news from the very 1st link I find? Twitter is always more update than MSM. WHY isn't this story in the NY Times or the LA Times?

R2, So burning historical works of art ie churches is acceptable to you because supposedly the Buddists have demonstrated against other religious/ethnic groups? Have they attacked Muslims on their holiest day of the year? Does destroying Notre Dame, another historical work of art, in any way compensate the thousands of victims of sexual abuse from priests and nuns? Only an imbecile would equate the two.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2019 3:27 PM

R1, R2, Finally MSM is picking up the story now that it has been verified that over 200 innocent people have been killed and many, many more injured. Also several have been arrested.

Why should DL care? You don't think that there won't be serious civil unrest and a strong reaction in Sri Lanka as well as elsewhere in the world?

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2019 3:32 PM

Link to my previous post follows:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2019 3:32 PM

The regressive left is trying to hide who is responsible

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2019 3:34 PM

It's very telling that this isn't getting anywhere near as attention or press as the mosque shooting n New Zealand last month.

by Anonymousreply 17April 21, 2019 3:35 PM

"The regressive left is trying to hide who is responsible"

Buddhists?

by Anonymousreply 18April 21, 2019 3:36 PM

R17, also they have not named the 7 suspects arrested. If it were perpetrated by another religion or group , we would know already. It’s Muslims

by Anonymousreply 19April 21, 2019 3:37 PM

It must be the Religion of Peace again.

by Anonymousreply 20April 21, 2019 3:37 PM

R18, you’re retarded!!

by Anonymousreply 21April 21, 2019 3:38 PM

R10, "So USA" means Southern US. There's been a rash of churches burning and being attacked across the US and the world this week. F

or the atheists of DL, think of the historical artwork destroyed in the process. Also that churches in many communities have long served as the social service provider for countless even non-church attendees, holding AA meetings, distributing essentials for those facing tragedy, counseling for children in violent households.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2019 3:38 PM

R21, So you resort to very immature & child name-calling as your only way of responding to someone who makes an extremely valid point on DL?

by Anonymousreply 23April 21, 2019 3:40 PM

The region of peace: carnage and blood everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2019 3:43 PM

Two of the suicide bombers were named as Zahran Hashim and Abu Mohammed.

by Anonymousreply 25April 21, 2019 3:44 PM

Sounds so Buddhist

by Anonymousreply 26April 21, 2019 3:46 PM

ISIS and their copycat organizations are still alive and active? Recall an announcement for Jihad on churches everyplace.

Will this lead to civil war in other countries or just more violent riots? Or just an increase in prejudice against even innocent Muslims around the world?

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2019 3:52 PM

Screw Islam

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2019 3:53 PM

[quote] Or just an increase in prejudice against even innocent Muslims around the world?

As they have done around the world where they are minorities, Muslims have been tweaking the Sinhalese (Buddhist) nose for years in a challenge to their dominance and power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 21, 2019 4:02 PM

It's funny how people keep citing these American churches without mentioning they were BLACK churches and the attacker was not any kind of Muslim or even a lefty atheist but a racist White American, the son of a local sheriff.

by Anonymousreply 30April 21, 2019 4:24 PM

If Lankan Muslims wanted to challenge Buddhist domination in Sri Lanka, they would have joined the Tamil Tigers since Lankan Muslims are also ethnic Tamils. They refused, got massacred by the Hindu Tamils for such refusal, and now in Peace times are being hunted by the Buddhists, whom they refused to fight against before, because the Buddhists are envious of Muslim economic success.

by Anonymousreply 31April 21, 2019 4:26 PM

In Germany 24 Easter service attendees were injured in an attack.

R30, The White racist nutcase isn't the only one causing mayhem in churches. Recently an assailant tried to get in a prominent NY church with explosives. Thankfully he was stopped before any damage was done. He was identified as a White Liberal college professor. WTF?

Point being that there is a rash of attacks on churches around the world, including in the US following a call from ISIS for Jihad. Copycat violence from others to be expected, unfortunately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 21, 2019 4:44 PM

“whom they refused to fight against before, because the Buddhists are envious of Muslim economic success.”

Hahaha, you gotta bridge you wanna sell?

by Anonymousreply 33April 21, 2019 4:44 PM

WOW! Hardly anyone replying. How telling.

by Anonymousreply 34April 21, 2019 4:53 PM

The NZ was on it's second thread by now. The DL is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 35April 21, 2019 5:02 PM

R34, exactly! Muslims are the highest on the totem pole for the left.

by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2019 5:04 PM

Leftist gays have been brainwashed to put Muslims and their evil ideology before LGB.

by Anonymousreply 37April 21, 2019 5:07 PM

Some Muslim-loving whackjob on here accused me of being 'alt-right' a few hours ago just because I pointed out that SJWs always make excuses for Islam. lol

by Anonymousreply 38April 21, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote] [R1], You call me a Troll for reporting the news from the very 1st link I find? Twitter is always more update than MSM. WHY isn't this story in the NY Times or the LA Times?

You're not a troll, you're just stupid. Twitter breaks thousands of "stories" everyday. If you are not able to tell the difference between legitimate news sources and crap, you shouldn't be on the internet. Besides, all the major wire services and newspapers sent out "Breaking News" alerts this morning when this happened.

by Anonymousreply 39April 21, 2019 5:12 PM

Death toll is up to 138 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 21, 2019 5:17 PM

When will they officially reveal the terrorists names?

by Anonymousreply 41April 21, 2019 5:27 PM

I am a better and I would put big money on religion of peace

by Anonymousreply 42April 21, 2019 5:28 PM

peeful

by Anonymousreply 43April 21, 2019 5:29 PM

[quote]When will they officially reveal the terrorists names?

The guy who burnt three churches in Louisiana is a white guy named named Holden Matthews.

by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2019 5:33 PM

BDS Islam by any means possible.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2019 5:46 PM

138 billion white Christians killed by evil Muslims.

Or you know, the decades long civil war between the Buddhists and Hindus.

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote]Point being that there is a rash of attacks on churches around the world, including in the US following a call from ISIS for Jihad. Copycat violence from others to be expected, unfortunately.

White American racists don't work for ISIS, fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]Hahaha, you gotta bridge you wanna sell?

You clearly don't know much about Sri Lanka, supposing you know a thing at all, so why would you want to debate this issue? It's a fact - in poor Buddhist countries like Burma and Sri Lanka, Muslims make up much of the bourgeoisie and that tends to flame economic envy from the part of the Buddhist majority, as happened with Jews in Europe. This fact doesn't fit the image that racists like you have of Muslims, that of parasites leeching on Western welfare money, but it fits well with some historical facts, for example that in Southeast Asia Islam spread via trade missions.

The fact that Muslims make up so much of the middle class explains why they refused to join the Hindu Tamil revolt against the Buddhist Singhalese. As Nietzsche said, war is bad for business and Muslims, as the business-oriented community in Sri Lanka, would have most to lose from the instability in that country.

by Anonymousreply 48April 21, 2019 6:58 PM

I know from looking around on Reddit that this website is visited by straight male alt-right types who loathe gay men but are fond the anonymity and cuntiness that reigns in our place. I strongly suspect that the people going on and on about Muslims in this thread must be these such types of dudes as both their lack of wit and culture, as well as their brattish, quixotic confidence in their own ignorance, spell straight male.

by Anonymousreply 49April 21, 2019 7:04 PM

Al-Jazeera Journalist Claims Reporting Name of Alleged Sri Lanka Suicide Bomber is “Islamophobic”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2019 7:25 PM

r50 Look at that link, you can tell from a mile that it's a disreputable propaganda website. Muriel should do more to combat the use of this platform by obvious alt-right dicks to spread Islamophobia, but I honestly get the impression that DL's moderators are fine with anti-Muslim hatred.

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2019 7:38 PM

Thowheed Jama’ath is probably responsible for the attacks.

by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2019 7:48 PM

It’s Muslims! They confirmed it

by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2019 7:48 PM

Off topic but R49, that's a good observation.

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2019 7:56 PM

Sri Lanka has seen a spike in jihadi activity since 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2019 8:04 PM

R47, Please check your reading comprehension. I very clearly said COPYCAT attacks on churches, after the initial calls by ISIS for this specific form of terrorism around Easter, Good Friday, Palm Sunday and Holy Week. Copycats are usually not of the same ethnicity & religion.

R47, Anyone who resorts to using very childish & immature name calling is obviously intellectually deficient.

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2019 8:19 PM

R39, Since you obviously have far superior intelligence why didn't your very brilliant self post this story with your preferred links? Or is it just easier for you to criticize others who put in the work & effort?

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Christians in SL are a weak target for Islamists.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2019 8:32 PM

Most of you here are sick and f—ked up. 138 Innocent people were killed and hundred injured. Get lives.

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2019 8:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2019 8:46 PM

Have, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Linda Sarsour or Bernie Sanders responded yet? I guess it's only newsworthy for the new left when white people do this.

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2019 8:52 PM

thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2019 8:56 PM

" Anyone who resorts to using very childish & immature name calling is obviously intellectually deficient." Anyone who defends Islamic terrorists is a tard.

by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2019 9:14 PM

[Quote] Most of you here are sick and f—ked up. 138 Innocent people were killed and hundred injured. Get lives.

oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2019 10:18 PM

R59, innocent people are killed in far greater numbers every single day. Most people don't care unless it's happening in their city, town or neighborhood.

That's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2019 11:26 PM

Mohammud and the islamic god are dancing for joy in the virgin-filled islamic paradise this evening.

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2019 11:34 PM

I wonder when it will become official? It’s pretty much an open secret. Perhaps Sri Lanka security is holding off because they’re worried about more attacks?

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2019 11:36 PM

R12 i feel ya and i am way older than you. so you have more shit to witness that i will, thank dog....then again, people in my family lived to 93 and beyond. kill me now,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2019 11:43 PM

Why are barely any media reporting the name of one of the suicide bombers?

"There had seemed nothing remarkable about the man as he queued at the buffet, plate in hand. He had checked in the night before, giving his name as Mohamed Azzam Mohamed and a false address. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2019 2:05 AM

Question of the hour r69 .. how cold blooded to wait in line for food with other people and blow yourself up and others.. how do they remain calm? Ice blood

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2019 2:07 AM

[Quote] Why are barely any media reporting the name of one of the suicide bombers?

And are there only 70 replies here? Do we not care because it's was in Sri Lanka? WTF? Disgraceful!!!

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2019 2:10 AM

R71, victims were Christians and terrorists were Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2019 2:14 AM

On CNN today they had an Irish reoprter in Northern Ireland reporting on the terror there (which was not Muslim ) but even he went on about "radical islamic terrorists" around the world and of course the anchor said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2019 2:18 AM

It’s almost supernatural the control Islam has on the world’s elites . Scary actually

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2019 2:23 AM

Everyone should post the Guardian article on social media since they are the only ones admitting the truth

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2019 2:26 AM

[quote]It’s almost supernatural the control Islam has on the world’s elites .

Not supernatural. Financial. All that oil money invested most advantageously in property, banking, donations to both left- and right-wing organizations and media, political donations, donations to top prestigious universities. It may help to keep in mind that Gulf despots have in the neighborhood of $75 trillion pounds invested in Britain alone.

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2019 4:01 AM

[quote]Muslims make up much of the bourgeoisie and that tends to flame economic envy from the part of the Buddhist majority, as happened with Jews in Europe.

Rubbish! This is a conflict for power and control between the Sinhalese Buddhists and Tamil Hindus, with Muslims perceived by Sinhalese as siding with Tamil's because Muslims are of Tamil origin.

[quote]The fact that Muslims make up so much of the middle class explains why they refused to join the Hindu Tamil revolt against the Buddhist Singhalese.

Wrong! The fact is that Muslims have been very careful to reject any association with Tamil Hindus to maintain their separate identity and communal power.

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2019 4:25 AM

The caution being exercised by British and other media to equate the bombers with Islam is bloody incredible. If you want to see a very VERY clear example of BBC self-censorship, and why it is not a trustworthy news source, this article is a shining example: "It remains unclear who was behind the attacks, but 24 arrests were made by police." (n.b. it may be updated by the time you click the link, but at the moment it disgracefully hasn't been.)

As DL would say: bitch, please! At least two of the names have been released and a video of one proclaiming his Christian bloodlust. Not to label this as muslim extremism at this point is exclusionist propaganda on a Stalinist level. And as dear Cersai would say: Shame! Shame! Shame!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2019 4:36 AM

R78, What do you think will be the reaction in Sri Lanka to this terrible tragedy?

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2019 4:48 AM

R76, I find it almost diabolical how people believe the blatant islamic lies without a hint of cognitive dissonance. A prime example is the willingness of so many gays and lesbians to march and protest in support of muslims and muslim immigration. Or how non-muslims completely ignore the fact that their submission and murder are encouraged and sanctified by the islamic god in the islamic foundational texts....repeatedly....and muslims have done so joyously for 1,400 years.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2019 4:48 AM

R78 Just another day of The Guardian protecting their fetish.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2019 4:48 AM

^^^ The Beeb, not The Guardian^^^

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2019 4:51 AM

R80 There aren't liberals out there who are pro-Islam, they are just against anti-Muslim bigotry. Right-wingers somehow think not hating Muslims means you support Islam...

by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2019 4:52 AM

R83 Wrong! Here's one "liberal" who defends and apologises (like you R83) for Muslims at every opportunity. Because he truly believes that it is "liberal" to defend and apologise for homo-hating, misogynist, authoritarian cultures and ideologies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2019 5:03 AM

Jesus wept

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2019 5:10 AM

[quote]6 Churches in Sri Lanka Bombed in Sri Lanka...

Were they in Sri Lanka?

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2019 5:11 AM

Did anyone claim responsibility?

Sorry, I was busy today and didn't have time to check headlines, I've only read that the cops were warned 10 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2019 5:12 AM

R84 I'm not apologizing for anybody, I'm just not an emotional creep who rushes to blame people.

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2019 5:17 AM

r88 you are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2019 5:31 AM

R89 I'm not apart of any problem dear. Take a xanax.

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote]I'm just not an emotional creep who rushes to blame people.

No, you'd much rather turn a blind eye, pretend, tie yourself in knots in denial rather than risk looking past your blinkers and seeing the attacks and terror occurring daily. Not acknowledging reality is its own creepy form of apology and protection.

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2019 9:29 AM

[quote]6 Churches in Sri Lanka Bombed in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday

As opposed to the churches in Sri Lanka that were bombed in Italy?

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2019 10:34 AM

It was Muslims again. How surprising!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2019 11:38 AM

Sri Lankan officials have blamed a little-known Islamist group called National Thowheed Jamaath (NTJ) for the terrorist attacks, adding that the organization had 'international help', raising fears that ISIS was involved.

Islamist extremist material has been recovered from a hotel room allegedly used by the suspects in the Sri Lanka hotel bombings, MailOnline can reveal.

Manisha Gunasekera, the Sri Lankan High Commissioner to the UK, has said eight British nationals were killed in the attacks. In total 39 foreigners have been confirmed dead including two joint UK-US nationals and a number of Dutch, Turkish, Australian and Portuguese people.

Also among the confirmed dead are a British BP lawyer, her 11-year-old son, and her daughter. Anita Nicholson was having breakfast with her family at the Shangri La hotel in Colombo when two suicide bombers walked in and blew themselves up.

Another two British teenagers are feared to be among the dead, but this has not been confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2019 3:01 PM

R86, R92 et al, I admit my editing error in the rush to create this thread. Sincerely appreciate your light touch to an otherwise horrifying subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2019 3:11 PM

[quote]Jesus wept

The big cry baby.

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2019 3:15 PM

Will the ASOS Billionaire and property owner take action due to the murder of his 3 children?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2019 3:15 PM

Thank you r91. You also forgot to add a delusional fucktard douche cunt to r88 list.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2019 5:08 PM

who the fuck goes to this shit hole for a vacation?

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2019 6:03 PM

R99 - what a shithole comment by a shithole redneck.

Trace the money for the terrorists and I won't be shocked if it came from the Saudis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2019 6:56 PM

Sri Lanka is even worse than India. R100, do you even know where the fuck that shit hole is? You probably never left you mommy's basement.

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2019 7:50 PM

R100 - hi you 200-kg Hindu, Kali-worshipping shitholer. No place in the world is worse than India where people still shit to shitholes in the streets even in front of the Taj Hotel.

Let's talk about terrorism here. Or Is it India who supported these cuntface Muslim terrorists?

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2019 8:54 PM

In 102, I meant R101 the obese Hindu shitholer.

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2019 8:57 PM

While we argue which is worse, India or Sri Lanka, the media is busy hiding the fact that radical Islamic terrorists are responsible.

The story itself is getting nowhere near the coverage vs NZ massacre even though at least 5x more people were murdered on Easter .

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2019 9:08 PM

exactly, r104.

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2019 9:14 PM

Because nobody cares about third world countries... #coldhardtruth.

by Anonymousreply 106April 22, 2019 9:31 PM

Right. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean got no coverage. None at all!

(Moron!)

by Anonymousreply 107April 22, 2019 9:35 PM

"There is much soul searching in the press and social media of Muslim-majority countries about what might have led to the atrocity in Sri Lanka this past Easter Sunday. Perhaps, just perhaps, the questioning goes, there is something within Islam that must be acknowledged and addressed, a violent, hateful element that must be addressed. Millions of Muslims are are wearing crucifixes in solidarity with their Catholic neighbors and as a statement that killing of innocent infidels will not be tolerated.

There is an outpouring of support in many Islamic countries, impromptu memorials at Christian churches in many of these countries. This Sunday, at precisely the moment of the first detonation by the Islamic suicide bomber, Saudi Arabia will begin a moment of silence followed by a live TV and radio broadcast of Cecilia Bartoli singing Schubert's Ave Maria, accompanied by the National Orchestra of Saudi Arabia."

by Anonymousreply 108April 22, 2019 10:05 PM

LOL, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109April 22, 2019 10:07 PM

What has AOC or Omar said on this yet? Probably turning Muslims into the victims of ......... say it all together now..."Islamophobia!"

Seriously have they commented?

by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote]What has AOC or Omar said on this yet?

Silence. As expected.

by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2019 12:30 AM

If Christians had slaughtered 300 innocent people on Ramadan, the liberal Muslim buttboys would be beside themselves. Benefits against “racism”, demonstrations against “Islamophobia”; a masturbatory orgy of virtue signaling.

As always, when the religion of “peace” sheds blood and tears bodies apart, the regressive liberal assholes have nothing to say but the predictable #notallmuslims #itsallthewestsfaultalways.

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2019 12:31 AM

Another bomb went off today in a van and still no one cares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2019 1:33 AM

[quote]Because the West doesn't care what Brown people do to each other... #coldhardtruth.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 114April 23, 2019 3:25 AM

Fuckin animals....God bless those people killed, hurt and their families

by Anonymousreply 115April 23, 2019 4:11 AM

R113, that's nonsense. The family members of the deceased and wounded certainly care.

by Anonymousreply 116April 23, 2019 4:17 AM

[quote]Failure to act On Monday the Sri Lankan government admitted that it failed to act on multiple warnings before a coordinated series of attacks ripped through churches and hotels on Easter Sunday, adding that an international terror group might be to blame.

A government spokesman, Rajitha Senaratne, revealed that warnings were received in the days before the attacks, which killed 310 people and injured at least 500 more, including from foreign intelligence services.

He said one of the warnings referred to National Tawheed Jamath, or NTJ, a little-known local Islamist group that defaced Buddhist statues in the past. But Senaratne, who is also health minister, said he did not believe a local group could have acted alone.

"There must be a wider international network behind it," he said.

No group has yet claimed responsibility.

The United States believes it has identified a key terrorist operative in the attacks, and has initially concluded that the person has connections to international terrorism organizations, including ISIS, two US officials directly familiar with the initial US intelligence assessment said.

These connections are a key reason the US has come to an early conclusion the attacks were inspired by ISIS, according to one of the two officials. For now, the US is trying to figure out just how involved ISIS may have been in facilitating the attacks, the official said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2019 4:49 AM

Celebration...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 23, 2019 4:50 AM

W&W for r108.

by Anonymousreply 119April 23, 2019 5:00 AM

So, who was stupid enough to think it was Buddhists who did it?

by Anonymousreply 120April 23, 2019 5:15 AM

'Liberals' with an undying love for Islam, R120.

by Anonymousreply 121April 23, 2019 5:27 AM

A British reality TV star sparked outrage by urging people not to send “prayers” to victims of the Sri Lanka terror attacks — instead attacking Christian missionaries in the devastated nation as being “cult leaders.”

Andy West, who found fame in 2016 on the UK’s Big Brother, sent the controversial tweet about the suicide bombings that killed at least 321 and injured 500.

“There is no excuse for terror attacks against innocent people but as a journalist I saw Western Christian missionaries unscrupulpusly [sic] converting Buddhist orphans for food and shelter after the Asian tsunami. Don’t send your prayers,” he wrote.

He was met with a furious backlash, with one Twitter user calling on West to “have some decency.”

“Delete this and never even think to say anything this callous ever again,” another told him.

However, the 34-year-old star, who is now a TV and radio broadcaster, defended his position in further messages, at one point attacking ‘”Christian cult leaders in Sri Lanka.”

“So prayers aren’t needed. In fact prayers are proven beyond doubt to have no effect. What might help, however, is ending the Western campaign to convert people of other religions in exchange for charity,” he wrote.

He seemed to enjoy his newfound infamy.

“I’m pleased to have so many angry right wing American Christian zealots commenting here but the least they could do is gimme a follow and a retweet,” he wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 23, 2019 1:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 23, 2019 3:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 23, 2019 3:23 PM

R112, nails it

by Anonymousreply 125April 23, 2019 6:56 PM

I'm tired of liberals manipulating the truth or omitting important facts just to show that muslims aren't terrorists. If Islam doesn't have a terrorism problem, then ALL the facts should reveal that it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote]liberal Muslim buttboys

Pics please.

(Oh, and you're a bottom shaming douche nozzle)

by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2019 7:06 PM

The New Zealand attacks got so much more attention. What’s the difference?

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2019 12:30 AM

[Quote] The New Zealand attacks got so much more attention. What’s the difference?

No difference at all but here at the DL the death cult members who post here and their fetish seekers think it perfectly great. They have no response because they approve. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2019 1:13 AM

The left do the devil’s bidding. The T will always take precedence over GLB and they are all about lawlessness in major cities

by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2019 1:16 AM

[quote]If Islam doesn't have a terrorism problem, then ALL the facts should reveal that it doesn't.

Let that sink in; if there isn't a problem coming from that sector of the population, then there's nothing wrong with careful scrutiny of the facts,, right?

AND - if there IS a problem coming from that sector of the population, then careful scrutiny of the facts is both warranted and welcome, right? 😁

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2019 1:17 AM

bump.

by Anonymousreply 132April 24, 2019 4:34 PM

........well? Come on, people.

by Anonymousreply 133April 24, 2019 9:57 PM

Right on cue.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 25, 2019 12:53 AM

Getting real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2019 5:08 PM

I'm tired of liberals manipulating the truth or omitting important facts just to show that muslims aren't terrorists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2019 5:28 PM

If we are going to discuss and condemn the conversion history of Christians then perhaps we need to discuss and condemn the conversion history of Muslims. The Islamic history is rife with genocidal and convert-or-die conversion activities.

Should we discuss the Armenian genocide by the Islamic Turks?

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2019 5:42 PM

How did Muslims get to be so favorted by liberals? Everything they stand for is against typical progressive though: women's rights, LGBT rights, religious pluralism etc.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2019 11:19 PM

Because they are mostly non Caucasian, and many of their countries were colonized by Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 139April 27, 2019 12:19 AM

[Quote] How did Muslims get to be so favorted by liberals?

Because PC thought process invaded rational good people starting in the 1990's. I fell for it but then realized these death cult members want ME off the planet FIRST!

by Anonymousreply 140April 27, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]Because they are mostly non Caucasian, and many of their countries were colonized by Europeans.

Neither is true.

Arabs are caucasian. And Arabs/Muslims actually colonized way more than they were colonized. Most of North Africa, Pakistan, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Spain.......... learn some history dude.

by Anonymousreply 141April 27, 2019 2:04 AM

read and learn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 27, 2019 2:06 AM

visual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 27, 2019 2:07 AM

Doesn’t matter, r141. A large number of Muslim countries were, at one time or another, colonized by Europeans.

There are more Muslims in “brown” and “black” regions than in Arab countries.

by Anonymousreply 144April 27, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote]Doesn’t matter, [R141]. A large number of Muslim countries were, at one time or another, colonized by Europeans.

So the Muslims get a pall for COLONIZATION but evil Europeans don't??

Right....

by Anonymousreply 145April 27, 2019 2:22 AM

get a "pass" ^^

by Anonymousreply 146April 27, 2019 2:23 AM

Oh look! People are waking up in the middle east right now! Fun!

by Anonymousreply 147April 27, 2019 2:28 AM

I didn’t post they should get a pass r145.

by Anonymousreply 148April 27, 2019 2:37 AM

Isn't it just male supremacy worship?

by Anonymousreply 149April 27, 2019 2:58 AM

R148 you said "it didn't matter" implying that it's OK for Muslims to colonize and moreso, that it was not only wrong for Europe to do it but it somehow justifies Muslim terrorism

by Anonymousreply 150April 27, 2019 3:45 AM

It doesn’t matter in terms of why SJW give Muslims a pass. That was the question.

by Anonymousreply 151April 27, 2019 4:00 AM

Well that just shows how fucked up SJWs are. They claim "colonization" is bad but don't care if Muslims did it/do it too.

Hypocrite much?

by Anonymousreply 152April 27, 2019 4:09 AM

r152 ALL SJW are hypocrites! That is all the are !

by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2019 4:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!