Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ariana Grande: I feel EMPTY and performing is Hell!

Borderline personality?

Ariana Grande may create music as a way to heal, but performing her songs on stage is a different story.

On Thursday, a fan took to Twitter to praise the "No Tears Left to Cry" songstress for finding a creative outlet to help her with her struggles.

"Music is your therapy and I love seeing it heal you," the fan wrote to Grande. The singer took notice of the tweet, however, her reply was not one many fans were expecting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 3:48 AM

She sounds tiresome

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2019 10:52 PM

Does anyone else get Elvis vibes from her?

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2019 10:53 PM

..... R2 Elvis Costello?

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2019 10:56 PM

Oh dear. However will the world go on if this tiresome bitch stopped doing that shrieking thing she labels as singing?

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2019 11:00 PM

I think her cred has been rising lately. Pity if she's all used up.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2019 11:01 PM

My heart absolutely breaks for her!

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2019 11:03 PM

Is this a new thing for her or is this something she started doing after she broke up with Pete Davidson? Does she think she looks like "the bad guy" and is trying to win sympathy?

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2019 11:07 PM

Uh, she has people massacred at her show not too long ago. Cut her some slack. Probably PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2019 11:10 PM

Remember when Ariana said that she hated her fans and "wished they would die". And then a few months later Manchester happened. And then her ex OD 'd. Who is Ariana? What is Ariana? I think she's evil . EEVVILL!

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2019 11:14 PM

She is hugely popular and killing it on the charts. I am in no way a fan but she has emerged to the top tier of current pop stars over the last 5 years into the likes of Beyonce, Taylor, Adele, Kelly, Camilla, Cardi.....they are dominating the charts. She has #1 after #1. And her voice is, technically, superior to most even though it does not appeal to me. She will never get to her idol Madonna's level but she isn't do half bad.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2019 11:27 PM

I think her next collaboration is going to be with BTS.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2019 11:28 PM

OP if borderline personality is your code for zero personality, then yes

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2019 11:39 PM

Ari’s former comedy partner Jennette McCurdy has had it way worse and makes way less money, yet manages to be ten times more interesting and entertaining. She seems quite smart and humble.

She’s an independent filmmaker like Sarah Polley now, having risen above abuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2019 11:43 PM

Ariana Grande: I feel EMPTY and performing is Hell!

Gurl is desperate because she knows BLACK PINK stole her thunder at Coachella 2019!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2019 11:46 PM

She could step away and take a break. But these performers never do for fear of never being able to return. Maybe having a quieter career, performing in smaller clubs, releasing an album every couple of years, etc., would be healthier. Staying the fuck off Twitter and Instagram might be helpful too. Go do something more meaningful of that's what you want. But they never do.

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2019 12:17 AM

R14 Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2019 12:20 AM

^^ Ariana

by Anonymousreply 17April 21, 2019 12:21 AM

R17 No love, am over the fuckstain on many threads pushing KFlop. Cause it sucks and it has bombed

by Anonymousreply 18April 21, 2019 12:35 AM

Modern science miracle. She should do us all a favor and quit.

by Anonymousreply 19April 21, 2019 12:55 AM

R13 Jennette McCurdy looks exactly like Vicky Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 20April 21, 2019 1:02 AM

r10, she's had 2 #1's so far, she's hardly the Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 21April 21, 2019 1:09 AM

Our revenge is slow but sweet.

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2019 1:19 AM

She’s so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 23April 21, 2019 1:51 AM

When patients with borderline personality disorder feel that they are being abandoned or neglected, they feel intense fear or anger. For example, they may become panicky or furious when someone important to them is a few minutes late or cancels an engagement. They think that this abandonment means that they are bad. They fear abandonment partly because they do not want to be alone.

These patients tend to change their view of others abruptly and dramatically. They may idealize a potential caregiver or lover early in the relationship, demand to spend a lot of time together, and share everything. Suddenly, they may feel that the person does not care enough, and they become disillusioned; then they may belittle or become angry with the person. This shift from idealization to devaluation reflects black-and-white thinking (splitting, polarization of good and bad).

Patients with borderline personality disorder can empathize with and care for a person but only if they feel that another person will be there for them whenever needed.

Patients with this disorder have difficulty controlling their anger and often become inappropriate and intensely angry. They may express their anger with biting sarcasm, bitterness, or angry tirades, often directed at their caregiver or lover for neglect or abandonment. After the outburst, they often feel ashamed and guilty, reinforcing their feeling of being bad.

Patients with borderline personality disorder may also abruptly and dramatically change their self-image, shown by suddenly changing their goals, values, opinions, careers, or friends. They may be needy one minute and righteously angry about being mistreated the next. Although they usually see themselves as bad, they sometimes feel that they do not exist at all—eg, when they do not have someone who cares for them. They often feel empty inside.

The changes in mood (eg, intense dysphoria, irritability, anxiety) usually last only a few hours and rarely last more than a few days; they may reflect the extreme sensitivity to interpersonal stresses in patients with borderline personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2019 2:14 AM

PTSD is fucking HELL.

by Anonymousreply 25April 21, 2019 2:26 AM

R23, you can look like her too with the right surgeon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 21, 2019 4:16 AM

She looked so much better before the surgeries and spray tan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2019 4:49 AM

She has broken some Beatles and Madonna records lately. Not too bad to break records for 2 of the most legendary artists of all time.

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2019 6:01 AM

She should do some Kate Smith covers.

by Anonymousreply 29April 21, 2019 6:24 AM

R20😭🤭😆

I think Jennette is really pretty and has a lovely youthful animated face, less mean and feral than Ariana’s. Jennette is self-effacing and responsible too where Ariana sadly just seems like she doesn’t know where or who she is half of the time.

This being said I did think Jennette was a lesbian but I’m told she has longterm serial bfs who are quite hot. Good for her, but she really does come across as a gay woman.

by Anonymousreply 30April 21, 2019 12:05 PM

She is empty because she has money and fame but zero education. Surprise surprise, you can only be shalow so long before you hit bottom.

by Anonymousreply 31April 21, 2019 12:12 PM

each and everyone of these former teen idols are so mentally ill it's a miracle they are still alive or not in jail. Showbiz really is hell.

by Anonymousreply 32April 21, 2019 12:13 PM

R26 that is one example of why I think it is funny that some criticize Korean celebrities for having their eyes done along with other plastic surgeries.

Meanwhile, plenty of American young celebrities have also had equally extensive plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 33April 21, 2019 3:07 PM

I'm sure she is feeling empty since Pete Davidson's 11 x 9 isn't stretching her hoo hoo open any more.

by Anonymousreply 34April 21, 2019 3:08 PM

She didn't come out on the winning side of the breakup with Pete.

by Anonymousreply 35April 21, 2019 3:25 PM

She’ll burn out like every broken child star spit out by disney and nickelodeon

by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2019 3:52 PM

And Dan Schneider doesn't have anything to do with it??

by Anonymousreply 37April 21, 2019 5:34 PM

Step aside, rookie. Next

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 21, 2019 5:42 PM

R37 on what grounds sir?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 21, 2019 6:00 PM

“Ariana Grande may have found some inspiration for a new tattoo following a heartfelt exchange with her idol, Jim Carrey. “

“Depression is your body saying, 'I don't want to be this character anymore. I don't want to hold up this avatar that you've created in the world. It's too much for me,'" a quote, which was posted over a picture of Carrey, read. "You should think of the word 'depressed' as 'deep rest.' Your body needs to be depressed. It needs deep rest from the character that you've been trying to play."

Beneath the quote, Grande -- who is a self-confessed Carrey superfan -- wrote -- "The whole LOML [love of my life] forever," along with a heart emoji.”

“Carrey responded by posting ‘I read your lovely mention of me and things I’ve said about depression. A brilliant teacher and friend, Jeff Foster was OG on the “Deep Rest” concept. I admire your openness. I wish you freedom and peace. I feel blessed to have such a gifted admirer. Happy Easter!’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2019 3:09 AM

I have to keep working. Somebody has to pay to keep Frankie relevant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2019 3:19 AM

Maybe she feels empty because her record company has basically turned her into a whore.

She has a great voice, but she does these trashy songs and even trashier videos.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2019 3:23 AM

Pete Davidson is 1000% gay.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2019 3:40 AM

A sad consequence of being a vapid attention whore...

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 3:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!