Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your opinion on Anne Hathaway?

Anne Hathaway was the IT girl for a while but things changed after her Oscar win. Post Oscars she has only been in two high profile projects - Christopher Nolan's Interstellar and Ocean's 8. She has done a few other movies but they either didn't work at all (Colossal,Serenity) or made some money but got bad reviews ( The Intern). Even Interstellar and Ocean's 8 had ensemble casts.

What do you think went wrong? Was it the OTT Oscar campaign? Was it because she is over 30 now? Or because of her bad taste in scripts?How come she hasn't made the transition from an IT girl to a successful character actress when people like Sandra and Julia have infact done it?

Btw next she is going to be in some tragic action comedy with Rebel Wilson :|

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2019 5:53 PM

I think she’s great. She’s had a quieter couple of years (probably in part to raise her kid) but she seems to be coming back into the fold this year with projects directed by Todd Haynes and Dee Rees.

I also thought she was far and away the best part of Ocean’s 8.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2019 1:48 PM

Agreed, R1. ShE shoulda gotten a Best Supporting Actress nom for "Oh 8."

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2019 1:56 PM

[R2] I think she was the best part about Ocean's 8 as well but a supporting nom? That's a little too much.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2019 2:05 PM

I find her persona to be very unlikeable. Saccharine, fake, self-involved, and kind of desperate. When Les Mis won Best Picture at the Golden Globes, she interrupted the man making the acceptance speech so she could say a few more things (she had won Best Supporting Actress earlier in the evening and wanted to stretch her moment out, I guess). He seemed kind of pissed about it.

As an actress, the one performance I like of hers is ‘Rachel Getting Married.’ She is woefully miscast in Anjelica Huston’s role in the upcoming ‘The Witches’ remake.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2019 2:34 PM

She's only worth my second-best bed.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2019 3:19 PM

Smug and insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2019 3:22 PM

Nearly ruined Interstellar.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2019 3:23 PM

She can be a little overbearing at times but they all are. Also Leo dicaprio and eddie redmayne were equally if not more thirsty than her for an Oscar and they are doing great. Even lady gaga this year had a very aggressive campaign but Anne is the one being hated.

I mean working with Rebel Wilson in what already looks like a laughable(and not in a good way) movie?! Seriously?

Also can someone tell me if there is a way to remove the picture above and also a way to unsee it?!!

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2019 3:56 PM

r9, on the icons on the far right bottom of that post, click the two orange ones: first , the center "FF" one, so the post will eventually be greyed out and no one else can see the image; and then, the head with the slash through it, so the poster's posts all disappear just for you.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2019 4:02 PM

Thanks R10!

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2019 4:06 PM

She was great as Catwoman, easily the best part of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2019 4:33 PM

she uses 'big words' in interviews.

too much smarts pisses americans off.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2019 4:36 PM

Its cursed!

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2019 4:38 PM

OP=RENEE ZELLWEGER

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2019 4:48 PM

Her head is too small and she has a really big face.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2019 4:50 PM

I never like her SUNNY,CROSS EYED,AMIABLE demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2019 5:01 PM

Beyond irritating horrible theatre-geek phony personality. Average at best in terms of talent. Awful in every role she’s in because of her Joker mouth and giant chiclet teeth.

Casting her as catwoman was the worst decision I’ve ever witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2019 5:27 PM

Thanks a lot [R10]

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2019 5:37 PM

[R13] Oh c'mon!

[R14] Marisa Tomei has an Oscar?! Wth! I didn't even know. I actually just know her from marvel movies.

[R18] What do you think about Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman?

Everyone seems to be saying the same thing - her face.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2019 5:51 PM

I thought she was fantastic on SNL: funny, great singer. Most hosts are terrible. And no, I'm not Anne.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2019 7:18 PM

It's spelled AnnE, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2019 7:19 PM

Big rumor when she and Olivia Palermo were living in the same building in Brooklyn that they were in fact Living TOGETHER.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2019 7:27 PM

She’s a fantastic actress. Just how it is. I don’t pay attention to whatever they say about her personality. She’s had many personalities from the films I’ve watched. She’s also beautiful, wholesome, but very capable of playing dark or any number of parts vividly and very strongly. Anne is great.

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2019 8:22 PM

She killed it as Catwoman. Shouldn’t that be enough to shut these dorks up. So what if she’s like someone from “Glee”, she still killed it as catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2019 8:23 PM

I like her, so.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2019 8:31 PM

I know Anne doesn't get a lot of love here.

She's a good actress, not great.

That said, she nails her turn in Les Miserables. I have to respect that.

Her version of I Had a Dream is awesome. Best thing in that disaster.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2019 8:38 PM

I still have nightmares about her Brokeback Mountain wigs.

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2019 8:40 PM

R25 I have nothing against her but I have to disagree with you. I thought she was horribly miscast as Catwoman. By far the worst Catwoman to ever appear on screen.

She was not convincing, let alone sexy and badass. Her performance was weak. The restaurant scene was the only scene where she was somewhat good, otherwise completely cringeworthy.

Honestly, she should stick to broadway. Her exaggerated facial features, voice, and height plus her very natural theatrical acting style lends itself well to the stage. It looks awkward on film but on stage it's great.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2019 8:43 PM

Another vote for her performance as Catwoman. I thought she was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2019 8:45 PM

She'd be great in a biopic as a more mature "Judy Garland."

Anne has 'the look'; she can dance; she can sing; now let's see if she truly deserved the Best Supporting Actress Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2019 8:52 PM

EVERYONE HATES HATHAWAY

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2019 9:43 PM

Are the likes of Emma Stone and Brie Larson taking all of the good jobs? Hathaway's post-Oscar career has been a bit of a dud.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2019 10:09 PM

R29, ‘ By far the worst Catwoman to ever appear on screen’ Did you see Halle Berry?

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2019 11:47 PM

AGree with r29 wholeheartedly. She was painful as Catwoman. Every time they did a closeup of her looking like a “bad bitch” on that motorcycle it was ridiculous.

I thought Michelle Pfeffier made a pretty good Catwoman but the women in the cheesy series were the best.

by Anonymousreply 35April 21, 2019 4:51 AM

[R33] Hathaway is a better actress and a zillion times more interesting than Boring Brie. Brie wasn't even the best thing about the movie that won her an Oscar. Emma Stone has a very limited range,although I have liked her a lot in whatever I have watched.

by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2019 6:46 AM

I like Anne Hathaway but English speaking actresses have little opportunity to display their acting abilities in all the shit being made since the turn of the century.

by Anonymousreply 37April 21, 2019 6:58 AM

She is perfectly cast in Princess Diaries, which is why people hate her in real life.

Too much time as a child, acting in front of a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2019 4:20 PM

She's such an "ACTRESS"

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2019 6:47 PM

She was scheduled to play Garland in a Broadway bio that never happened. I still believe she could have been great as a young to midlife Judy.

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2019 7:02 PM

Ok, the talk about how she’s a dork and was a counterintuitive choice for Catwoman was cool and just before the movie came out and she killed it. So STFU about it. She’s a top actress and can play many shades.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2019 9:31 PM

Too unrelatable. People want someone they can relate to.

For example, Gwyneth Paltrow manages to convince people that she's just like them.

Hathaway gives off this "I'M A SEERIUS AKTRUSS" vibe.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2019 9:41 PM

It's called longevity, OP.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2019 9:46 PM

She was funny and charming in A Simple Favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2019 10:12 PM

R13.. Ashley Judd is like that, too...highly impressed with herself.

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2019 12:10 AM

i get the impression hathaway has the smarts while judd is a tryhard and a phony.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2019 12:12 AM

[R38] Even if she is a lot like her character Mia what's wrong with That? Mia was never obnoxious, flawed? Yes. I say this as someone who watched the movie both as a child and a teen.

[R42] Goop convinces people she is just like them? You are kidding right? :D

[R44] oh c'mon! Lively is a horrible actress.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2019 10:00 AM

She needs to get her tits out more.

Did anybody see Serenity? How bad was it?

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Hathaway is starring in a soon to be released film with rebel wilson, looks like it will be a dud.

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2019 4:44 PM

She bores me when she’s on the screen

Happy that she’s a strong LGBT supporter

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote]Are the likes of Emma Stone and Brie Larson taking all of the good jobs? Hathaway's post-Oscar career has been a bit of a dud.

I think so. There are few roles for women, period and even fewer after the age 30. Usually the roles seem to go one or two actresses until someone new, younger or fresher comes along.

I am tired of seeing Meryl Streep playing all the older women. She is in the 2nd season of Big Little Lies. I would have loved to see other older actresses in many of her roles - Sigourney Weaver, Anjelica Huston, Julie Christie among others. But Meryl just hoovers all the roles up. The others don't get a chance on unless Meryl passes on the role or they have a personal connection to the production.

by Anonymousreply 51April 27, 2019 5:45 PM

I'd never heard of The Intern. It didn't actually get bad reviews, it got middling reviews, 60% on Rotten Tomatoes, just barely fresh. Sounds watchable anyway.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2019 5:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!