Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman avoids $85 overweight baggage fee by wearing 9 pounds of clothing on plane

How far would you go to avoid paying an overweight baggage fee?

One woman decided to layer up after being told her suitcase was too heavy.

She wore 9 pounds of clothing on a plane instead of forking over the $85 overweight baggage fee at an airport in England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 4:19 AM

Good for her! Atta girl!

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Who does she think she is, Judy Garland running out on her hotel bill?

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2019 11:23 PM

Nice move. I love it when someone gets over like this.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2019 11:25 PM

She has SPUNK.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2019 11:32 PM

I HATE Spunk.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2019 11:34 PM

Such a bizarre rule. When I flew over the Christmas holiday my bag was 2 pounds over the limit so I had to take out a few things and transfer them to my carry-on. I know it's a regulation but it just felt pointless to move 2 pounds from one bag to another when both were still being transported on the same plane.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2019 11:43 PM

Here's what I want to know:

I'f I have to pay extra because my suitcase has a few extra pounds in it, why does the 300-punder sitting next to me get to pay the same for his ticket as I did when I weigh in at 175?

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2019 11:49 PM

(Obviously shedding additional pounds by skipping unnecessary letters.)

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2019 11:49 PM

Mama MADE us do that, r2.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Can we talk about how expensive suitcases are?!

They are fucking made of plastic! But costs hundreds of dollars...wtf? some even go above 500!

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 9:51 PM

Rofl, I love it!

Fuck the airlines, and their stupid ass FEES.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 10:35 PM

I agree with R7. Obese people get to fly. Their extra weight amounts to 3 or 4 luggage. Have them pay extra fees. Weighing in of customers should be mandatory.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote] Weighing in of customers should be mandatory

You're a real CUNT, R12.

As if the airlines don't mistreat people enough already, you're proposing that they humiliate passengers even more?

What a nasty fuck face you are.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote] I know it's a regulation

It is NOT a regulation. It is up to the airlines to charge or not on baggage weight.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 10:52 PM

That bitch just doesn't know how to pack.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 11:24 PM

I’ve done it myself. The skycap loved it, and I tipped him well for his conspiratorial good humor.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 11:33 PM

9 pounds isn't that much, a good winter cloth coat could weigh that much.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2019 12:38 AM

I guess we're all supposed to applaud this attention-seeking instead of think about the person (or people) seated in her row that had less arm space around them and more difficulty reaching the aisle to go to the bathroom because of her stunt.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 3:22 AM

I’ve done that shit. Bitch at United wanted to charge me for two small bags and not let me carry on. I opened the bag and started putting on shirts and sweaters. Gave the empty bag to my mom whose mouth dropped open. And rearranged the rest in the one bag

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!