Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Paranormal investigator" Lorraine Warren is DEAD to me

[quote]Born January 31, 1927, Lorraine Warren and her late husband were involved as key paranormal investigators in several notable cases throughout their careers, including the infamous “Amityville Horror” hauntings, as well as the Annabelle, Perron family and “Enfield Poltergeist” cases that were recreated on the big screen in the Conjuring films.

A lifetime of hucksterism sometimes does pay off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 5:18 PM

How awful for her parents. There's no pain like the loss of a child.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2019 3:51 PM

for some reason she always reminded me of Wallis Simpson

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Well i think it's safe to say Vera & Patrick are the better looking version.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2019 5:03 PM

Rest in Eternal Peace.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2019 5:05 PM

Who is the Vera-lookalike in 'The Nun'?

Is the Elise woman tied to these Warren frauds?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2019 5:07 PM

From things that I've read, Lorraine was sincere in her beliefs about the supernatural. It was Ed who was the real huckster.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2019 10:09 PM

I met the Warrens several times in the 1990s when they were on the College lecture circuit. Lorraine did seem like she was a true believer (or a great actress). Ed did seem kike a huckster.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2019 11:25 PM

R7 Lucky you. I've been reading their books since the 80s. They're scary as hell. The movies are pretty good too. Especially Patrick Wilson's fine bubble butt.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2019 11:40 PM

They're also really, really loosely based on the supposed story. The Conjuring 2 barely resembled the actual Enfield Poltergeist haunting, as the Warrens ultimately had fuck all to do with the investigation, apart from showing up uninvited to have Ed try and convince Peggy Hodgson to turn it into a profit-generating exercise like the Amityville Horror. They completely eliminated Guy Playfair, one of the two investigators from the Society for Psychical Research, and turned the other, Morris Grosse, into a well-intentioned bumbler.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2019 12:11 PM

Ed was definitely the one pushing to monetize the whole thing

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2019 3:46 AM

Oh, she's not dead.

You'll be hearing from her again and again.

From The Further ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2019 6:12 AM

I was wondering if next generation huckster/meth addict Ryan Buell had made any kind of self-aggrandizing statement about her. He did, but it was actually kind of sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2019 1:22 PM

[quote]Well i think it's safe to say Vera & Patrick are the better looking version.

So unusual for Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2019 2:35 PM

You haven't read anything until you've read "The Devil In Connecticut" by Gerald Brittle. It's the true account of Ed & Lorraine Warrens involvement with the possession of a family. It ended with a murder supposedly motivated by a demon. The book is out of print (1983) and used copies go for extremely high dollar. It's a very frightening book.

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2019 3:20 PM

[quote]It ended with a murder supposedly motivated by a demon.

The demon known as mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2019 4:40 PM

I enjoyed both Conjuring movies. The first Annabelle movie was better compared to the second. But the trailer for the latest one just looks stupid. I still haven't seen The Nun.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2019 4:46 PM

I wonder if all their museum items, Annabelle included, will now be housed at Zak Bagan's Haunted Museum in Vegas. BTW, even if you aren't a fan, his museum is really good.

by Anonymousreply 17April 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Do they have a real relic room like in the movies?

Was there a real Annabelle doll first?

by Anonymousreply 18April 21, 2019 5:41 PM

Yes, r5, go watch the Insidious films.

They're all intertwined.

by Anonymousreply 19April 21, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]I still haven't seen The Nun.

Saw it on HBO. Absolute shit, but I love it.

R5, that's Vera's youngest sister IRL. Taissa Farmiga

by Anonymousreply 20April 21, 2019 7:56 PM

I think these sorts of loons actually believe all their hokum which makes them excellent salespeople for it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 21, 2019 8:25 PM

R12 Ryan Buell is fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2019 9:00 PM

If you like doughy pizza faces

by Anonymousreply 23April 21, 2019 9:25 PM

A younger, dumpier Karl Malden

by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2019 9:29 PM

THE NUN is preposterous.

It presents a POST-WWII, 1950s Romanian village interacting with a functioning convent that's hiding demons and accepting visiting priests from Italy, appointed by the Vatican to investigate irregularities.

EVEN THOUGH THE COMMUNISTS TOOK OVER ROMANIA AFTER WWII AND BANNED ALL RELIGION AND VISITORS FROM THE WEST!

It's one of the most glaring anachronisms I've ever witnessed in film or literature.

I'm going to see LA LLORONA tonight to see what else Blumhouse can screw up!

by Anonymousreply 25April 21, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote][R12] Ryan Buell is fucking hot.

Not after years of meth. I'd have fucked him in the Paranormal State days.

by Anonymousreply 26April 21, 2019 10:51 PM

Ryan looks okay now considering how much Meth he did. He's also out and has had numerous boyfriends, including poor Serge. He eventually married a woman.

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2019 10:55 PM

I found the first Conjuring a bit overrated. For some reason, I always burst out laughing during the scene where the witch hanging from the tree shows up behind Patrick Wilson's character. I really enjoyed the 2nd Conjuring, Annabelle, and the Insidious series however.

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2019 11:01 PM

[Quote] I found the first Conjuring a bit overrated. For some reason, I always burst out laughing during the scene where the witch hanging from the tree shows up behind Patrick Wilson's character. I really enjoyed the 2nd Conjuring, Annabelle, and the Insidious series however.

The scene in the first Conjuring when Lorraine is trapped and suddenly she sees Bathsheba's body is hanging in front of her and then slowly see her feet turn around was fucking creepy.

I also got a chuckle when Ed says how much lighter his new video camera is in the sequel.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2019 4:26 AM

I loved The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2. Truly scary and MUCH better than Get Out and Us.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2019 4:29 AM

R27 Which one of them drove down Pussy Way? Ryan or Serge?

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2019 5:09 AM

R30, I agree. I could watch The Conjuring movies every Halloween and never tire of them. I've seen Get Out once and have no desire to see it ever again. Get Out is only interesting because of the plot twist, not because it's scary. Once you know the twist, there's no reason to see the movie again.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2019 5:18 AM

Serge got married to an older woman with a kid. Ryan is now totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2019 5:52 AM

The London Conjuring one is boring to me.

I prefer the Insidious movies.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2019 5:53 AM

[Quote] I'm going to see LA LLORONA tonight to see what else Blumhouse can screw up!

Blumhouse has had more hits than misses imo. I really enjoyed both of the Happy Death Day movies. Unfriended was fun and Truth Or Dare looks ok.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2019 7:26 AM

[quote]Ryan looks okay now considering how much Meth he did

Is he clean, though? He assaulted his then-boyfriend a few years ago, and ended up facing charges.

And let's not forget the claim that he had pancreatic cancer. Which was apparently total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 12:20 PM

Two of the biggest scam artists ever.

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 12:25 PM

This must have been taken when Ryan Buell was deep into his meth addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 12:30 PM

he looks like he's possessed with the devil.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 1:19 PM

Ryan definitely looks good these days. This IG photo was last month. His new boyfriend is an older twink so combined with Sergey, I guess he's the top in the relationships. BTW, not his boyfriend in this photo. I wonder if Chip Coffey tried his hand with Ryan.

His writings are actually articulate and well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 4:11 PM

Saw THE CURSE OF MY SHARONA last night.

It's the same ol' "Girl meets ghost, girl's family suffers random jump attacks from unknowable spectre, Guru explains how to banish it with magic trinkets."

So sick of this formula and the same type of monster. I wish they would do something like SAW again or a different formula.

BTW, CURSE OF MY SHARONA is not Blumhouse — James Wan did it himself with the CONJURING backstory and characters; the priest from ANNABELLE.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 4:38 PM

A very successful grifter who created a whole new career path for generations of grifters to come.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote]I wonder if Chip Coffey tried his hand with Ryan.

He and Chip had a major falling out.

And not just the purse that came out of Chip's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2019 4:40 PM

Their falling out had to do with Ryan and Sergey stealing all that money from people who were signing up for seminars and ghost hunts that never occurred.

Even as a kid, Chip looked like he was an alien.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!