Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DC Universe Series 'Swamp Thing' (2019)

Produced by James Wan. Starring Henderson Wade, Jennifer Beals, Virginia Madsen, Andy Bean, and Kevin Durand.

[quote]The show follows Abby Arcane as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.

Starts May 31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2020 2:31 AM

Thirteen episodes originally, but were whittled down to ten in a creative decision this week. Some of the plot points will have to be reshuffled as a result. Doesn't sound promising but Titans and Doom Patrol have both been great, so we'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2019 10:06 PM

Trailer is out.

So I guess this is going to be a horror thing? Love the danky ambience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 4:40 PM

Trailer looks suspiciously short of hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 4:48 PM

Production wrapped up yesterday. Wade better be shirtless most of the time. Is he even in the trailer?! He's not looking as hot in this photo as he normally does, either. Guess the humidity takes its toll?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2019 10:00 AM

Do we get to see Swamp Thing's junk?

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2019 10:09 AM

Maybe in its human form but I doubt it. Did Bean get his kit off in "Here and Now" last year? This will be on a streaming platform so they might go further.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2019 10:24 AM

[quote]Thirteen episodes originally, but were whittled down to ten in a creative decision this week. Some of the plot points will have to be reshuffled as a result. Doesn't sound promising but Titans and Doom Patrol have both been great, so we'll see.

Titans was supposed to have 12 episodes but they ended up only airing 11 so they could reshoot the finale so that 12th episode will air first next season.

Doom Patrol was supposed to have 13 episodes but they [bold]bumped it up[/bold] to 15.

Hearing Swamp Thing is cut down from 13 to 10 episodes probably is not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2019 1:46 AM

r7 Yeah, I've got a bad feeling as well.

This latest teaser looks gorgeous but that accent is going to get old fast for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2019 1:52 AM

R8 I wonder who's doing the narrating đŸ€”

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2019 8:02 AM

Full trailer.

I think the show looks way better here than in the teasers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2019 4:55 PM

First episode out today. Apparently, it features some of the grossest body horror ever put on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2019 5:15 PM

Strong season opener, with none of the clichés we're used to in similar older shows. I feel like this is going to be pretty snappy.

Virginia Madsen looks as radiant as ever. I'd forgotten how much her voice sounds like Hillary Clinton's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2019 10:16 PM

Andy Bean is cute but they've botched his hair completely by dying it too dark. A common mistake in TV shows these days, although not usually associated with higher-end productions. At least we won't be seeing his hair anymore in the second episode and onward, so that's a relief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2019 10:20 PM

Look how much cuter he looks with his natural brown colour. Like a teddy bear in human form.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2019 10:21 PM

What do we know about Leonardo Nam, Abby's gay sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2019 10:53 PM

r15 Married to a guy and they have twins together.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote][R15] Married to a guy and they have twins together.

Is he? There appears to be zippo about it online.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2019 10:58 PM

Leonardo with his kids. His husband is also a twin and is one of the twin brothers in this photo, though I don't know which one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2019 10:59 PM

r17 I think his husband might not enjoy being featured on Insta very much. Just a private person, probably.

[quote]Nam recalls hearing a rumor that Warner Bros. was considering recasting his role in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. There was concern that Middle America wouldn’t respond to an Asian male in a romantic role, so Nam set out to make himself into a matinee idol, hitting the gym extra hard. It paid off, in more ways than one: he retained the role in the film and met his husband at the gym. “It’s a true basic-gay love story!” he jokes. They are now the proud parents of twin 18-month-old boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2019 11:01 PM

And he's Australian? Crikey.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2019 11:02 PM

Yup, born and went to high school in Buenos Aires and graduated from architecture in New South Wales. Here's his real accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2019 11:03 PM

I mean, meeting your spouse at the gym is a reason why a lot of us go.

It's weird that he's publicly out and it's not on Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2019 11:13 PM

It's really a shame that DC has basically killed this already. It's very intriguing.

All of the DC Universe shows have really leaned on body horror.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2019 11:55 PM

That morgue scene in the hospital was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2019 1:26 PM

Leonardo's brother Supple did the choreography for Miike Snow's Genghis Khan video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2019 1:55 PM

r25 Talented siblings scare me for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2019 1:59 PM

Well, shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2019 2:55 PM

ROFL! It literally just premiered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2019 3:21 PM

The epitome of "grand opening, grand closing".

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2019 3:25 PM

#SaveSwampThing now trending on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2019 5:39 PM

What the fuck happend, too much horror? Did Virginia Madsen refuse to sleep with some higher up? Did Crystal Reed fall in love with a co-star again?

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2019 5:43 PM

Rumoured reason circulating in North Carolina news and on the socials right now:

[quote]North Carolina promised a $40m tax rebate that, due to a paperwork error, they were unable to deliver. That was roughly half the proposed budget for s1 (which is estimated at $80m).

[quote]When NC discovered the error, the corrected. WB shut down production, realizing they'd be taking a bath on the rebate and paying for far more of it than assumed. The adjusted number from NC is something like $14m. That's a massive difference.

[quote]There won't be a s2 because it's now too expensive to maintain the levels of quality of s1, *especially* for s a niche platform, and there's no great reason to keep the production on standby when the deal in NC is no good for them anyway. [@gholson]

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2019 5:46 PM

Had no idea they had swamps in North Carolina as well!

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2019 5:48 PM

r32, if true I don't want to be the producers of that show right now. That's one big major fuck up (relying on some tax cut and not understand what they have to do in order to remain eligible for said grant or tax cut). Who wants to get in business with such idiots?

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2019 5:54 PM

ROFL that's rich R32

For the life of me I cannot understand how the media companies expected the increasing fragmentation of audiences due to new viewing platforms would allow them to deliver high quality content on every platform

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2019 5:57 PM

I think DC relies on selling the airing / distribution licenses of their original content to the rest of the world. That can make a pretty penny, too.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2019 6:02 PM

Looks like part of the screw up was North Carolina nearly axing the budget which contained the film tax credit, but the other part is that DC was only eligible for $13 million in tax credits for a 13 episode Swamp Thing. That info is in a second article. No idea where the $40 million number comes from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2019 6:03 PM

Article about the actual tax credit allotment to Swamp Thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2019 6:04 PM

[Quote] Did Crystal Reed fall in love with a co-star again?

Lol no she's still with Darren. It's not like she ruined Teen Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2019 6:12 PM

So, it looks like they built this franchise on pretty shaky grounds (financing) and it collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2019 6:13 PM

r39, my apologies. I wanted to make a silly joke. I LOVE Crystal Reed. She, and Virginia Madsen, were the main reason why I was interested in the show in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote]No idea where the $40 million number comes from.

It's mentioned in the tweets above - a paperwork error.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2019 6:16 PM

R31 Crystal left TW because she met the TV host Darren (so as long as she didn't meet a new guy while filming Swamp Thing that's not the reason ;)). She was already seen with Darren at SDCC in July 2013 before s3b started filming. Only one month after her breakup. Darren was rich so she had a safety net if she didn't find other roles immediately. And they had that whole "we don't want to be apart for more than two weeks rule". Pretty difficult if she had to film TW in the USA and he was in Australia being the host for The Voice lol. And they apparently already clarified each others' thoughts on marriage on their first date. She was already married once. And I don't doubt she's keen to marry a second time. Also, let's be honest. It was noticable for a long time that she wanted to do something "better" than TW.

So Darren came along and encouraged her to leave TW and she tried to get into movies. Later fans found her vimeo account and discovered audition videos that she had recorded during the time of TW s3b filming. They were all for big movies. Cute that Daniel (+JR) was helping her with them, reading to her, even after the breakup. Daniel and JR were apparently the only two cast members who knew from the beginning about her plans to leave. The others only got to know shortly before she filmed her last episode.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2019 6:34 PM

R41 it's all good. Crystal and Daniel did make a cute couple though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2019 6:35 PM

[Quote] Daniel and JR were apparently the only two cast members who knew from the beginning about her plans to leave.

That doesn't surprise me. She never seemed to be close with the rest of the cast (Hoechlin rumours aside).

Oh and that leaked video of her with Sharman was cringey.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2019 6:39 PM

Will it be on HBO Nordic?

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2019 6:41 PM

Sorry if that goes off topic, but to me is seems a bit strange that the tax cut snafu shows up when movie and TV productions declare they leave Georgia, no longer taking advantage of their tax cuts, over their abortian ban.

Are these tax cut programs for TV shows and movies common, public knowledge?

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2019 6:45 PM

r46 DC will no doubt want to squeeze every penny out of this failure but who knows if HBO Nordic will want to carry just one season of a show that got cancelled after one episode. It'll be very interesting to see what happens there.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2019 6:45 PM

r47 I think this really is just a coincidence. One of those embarrassing things that doesn't happen very often.

[quote]Are these tax cut programs for TV shows and movies common, public knowledge?

They certainly are, and not all of the citizens are happy about these tax benefits either.

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2019 6:48 PM

They will air the (botched up) season in full though, right?

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2019 6:48 PM

r50 They will! And as much as I liked the premiere, both of the leads are pretty bland, so I won't miss them. I will miss Virginia Madsen, though.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2019 6:52 PM

R45 Please don't mention that video ever again. I hope people forget it soon. It was a private video that was stolen and published by a "fan" because she thought it was a cute video. It's just a couple doing cute and cheesy couple talk to each other basically but of course such videos are a bit cringey if an outsider watches them. They didn't deserve that this person stole and published that video. I wish it would have been possible to hold that "fan" accountable for what she did. It wasn't a bad video at all but it was still private.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]they will air the (botched up) season in full though, right?

They would be stupid not to air it. After all they've already invested so much money in it. And the cancellation was probably already decided when they decided to cut the show's episode order from 13 to 10.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2019 6:55 PM

R52 it's not that serious.....

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2019 7:02 PM

All I know is that Crystal has jumped from one relationship to another without any break since she was married. She can't seem to be alone. And there weren't only Hoechlin rumours. Rumours about her and Posey hooking up during the first season were also very strong lmao. Who knows. Perhaps that's why her marriage ended after s1? And it's also hilarious that she was still married when she got together with her next boyfriend Oliver. She only filed for divorce from her husband a few months after she had started dating Oliver. They seem to have broken up before TW s2 filming started. Sometime during TW s2 she started dating Daniel and after their breakup she immediately was together with Darren. No breaks at all but overlaps. Her dating history is pretty interesting. Sorry for being so off topic.!

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2019 7:17 PM

[Quote] She can't seem to be alone.

Well the same could be said about Colton and Hoechlin.

[Quote] And there weren't only Hoechlin rumours. Rumours about her and Posey hooking up during the first season were also very strong lmao.

I must have missed the ones about Posey. I mean he was only 19/20 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2019 7:25 PM

R56 I mean, in an interview Posey told how they had their first on-screen kiss and Crystal totally surprised him and immediately stuck her tongue into his throat. (Normally that's something you discuss between actors before the kiss. You make sure that your partner is ok with it and if not you don't use tongue) Judging from that I doubt Crystal would have had a problem hooking up with a 19/20 year old guy even if she was much older than him.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2019 7:29 PM

R57 I remembered her talking at Paleyfest about how she didn't know that not all actors use tongue when doing kissing scenes. She's always struck me as a tad naive.

I felt bad for her when she talked about going to an audition and being asked to take her shirt off. Hoechlin was there and seemed really shocked by it (which I find kind of weird).

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2019 7:35 PM

R58 I wouldn't say she's naive. I think she just doesn't have too many boundaries when it comes to intimate things like kissing, talking about sex etc. So because she doesn't have those boundaries she just assumes that everyone else thinks the same.

The shirt thing she told at a fan convention. She said that they asked her to take the shirt off during an audition (with her bra still on of course) because they wanted to see her body better. I think she would have had a shirtless scene in the movie so... But I don't think that's too unusual for actors. I think it's even more common for male actors. Casting managers in HW are ruthless. And they'll sort out actors over the tiniest thing. If they don't like your nose for example you're out. It shouldn't be like that. It shouldn't be like this but if you're not an A-lister looks are very important. And Hoechlin always acts so innocent although we already know now it's only a public persona, in private he's totally not as innocent as the image he wants to portray.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2019 7:46 PM

[Quote] Casting managers in HW are ruthless. And they'll sort out actors over the tiniest thing. If they don't like your nose for example you're out. It shouldn't be like that. It shouldn't be like this but if you're not an A-lister looks are very important.

I wonder if that's why she started fucking with her face and got a boob job?? She was already gorgeous.

[Quote] And Hoechlin always acts so innocent although we already know now it's only a public persona, in private he's totally not as innocent as the image he wants to portray.

So you heard those 3some rumours too?

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2019 7:50 PM

[quote]I think she did the lips and boobs mostly because of Darren. I think she started to always overline her lips with lipstick around the time she got together with Darren. And a while into their relationship she suddenly got lip fillers that really inflated her lips. I think Darren was the main motivation behind that.

[quote]So you heard those 3some rumours too? Oh yeah, the Las Vegas rumours while his girlfriend was in Australia. But I was mostly referring to other things. Like rumours of him and girls from his college days, his own interview where he admitted to hooking up with a girl on his roommates bed, the leaked Colton birthday video where Hoechlin called him his "master piece of ass" and "sexy son of a bitch" without any blushing (he usually tries to act embarassed whenever anything sex related comes up at cons), the fact that he loves to party and drink hard and of course the fact that now at least two of his ex girlfriends have thrown pretty big shade at him. But this is really off topic now because it's not a Hoechlin thread.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2019 8:16 PM

Lmao. Sorry for messing up the quote

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2019 8:17 PM

Without Adrienne Barbeau and her giant tits, what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2019 8:52 PM

r63 She's in it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2019 8:56 PM

Oh good, glad they included her. No one can play a tough cookie bitch like Adrienne.

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2019 8:57 PM

[Quote] I think she did the lips and boobs mostly because of Darren. I think she started to always overline her lips with lipstick around the time she got together with Darren. And a while into their relationship she suddenly got lip fillers that really inflated her lips. I think Darren was the main motivation behind that.

If it's true, that's sad.

[Quote] (he usually tries to act embarassed whenever anything sex related comes up at cons),

Lol yes! Although I probably would too with some of the things the TW cast says. I died when Crystal talked about doing an ad for sex toys. Or when Shelley confused tinkle for tingle when talking about sex. There's just no filter sometimes 😄

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2019 8:58 PM

[quote]Oh and that leaked video of her with Sharman was cringey.

They had a leaked video? How big was Sharman’s dick? Uncut or cut?

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2019 9:26 PM

R67 Didn't you read the response here lol? It wasn't such a video. It was a short video of them together just talking cute couple talk to each other to remind each other how much they loved each other. It was a harmless video and most people who didn't know that it was leaked even thought that it was just a cute video that they had posted themselves.

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2019 9:36 PM

R67 not that kind of video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2019 9:38 PM

It was embarrassing, because they seemed kind of high or drunk and there was no sex going on not even a kiss IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 70June 7, 2019 6:08 AM

R70 obviously it would've been a bigger deal if it was a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 71June 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Lesbian couple in the second episode. It's crazy to me how inclusive these new DC shows have been. Well, apart from Titans, that is. But that one was supposed to be on TNT so it's understandable.

Nice to see Ian Ziering again. He looks and sounds much the same.

by Anonymousreply 72June 7, 2019 11:10 PM

[bold]‘Swamp Thing’ Cancellation Coverage Muddied By Tall Tales Of Tax Snafus[/bold]

Guess that tax rumour wasn't true after all. We do crave drama, don't we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2019 8:01 PM

Yeah. It also sounded pretty unbelievable. How could anyone assume that they could get a $40m tax rebate on a $80m budget? The guy who tweeted that number did so without any proof but so many news outlets just took his tweets and reported them as facts. Does noone fact check anymore when reporting for news outlets?

The show most likely got canceled because of the creative differences that were reported and it also seems like the show was a mess behind the scenes. Some crew members have come forward on Reddit and said that Swamp Thing was a "shitshow" behind the scenes. I mean, there's a reason why the show got cut from 13 to 10 episodes already during production. It also wouldn't suprise me if the rumours of them going way over the inital budget were true.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2019 8:16 PM

I think DC expected more subscribers and the low numbers of subscribers got them panicking and it fucked Swamp Thing in the process.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2019 10:24 PM

There's talk that WarnerMedia is reevaluating the entire DC streaming platform. Which would also explain why Doom Patrol hasn't been renewed yet. Such a shitshow, and when we finally got a superb superhero show as well.

Swamp Thing does look expensive (the cash wasn't going towards the actors, let's face it). I loved the scene with the witch in the latest episode, though the lack of fans did make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2019 10:31 PM

[Quote] There's talk that WarnerMedia is reevaluating the entire DC streaming platform. Which would also explain why Doom Patrol hasn't been renewed yet. Such a shitshow, and when we finally got a superb superhero show as well.

Can DC get anything right?

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2019 10:24 AM

I can't help but think the Netflix execs are laughing their asses off about these news of the DC streaming platform being on shaky grounds.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2019 10:26 AM

Was it only these two shows on the streaming service? Who would subscribe just for that?

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2019 10:29 AM

r78 I think they're too busy being nervous about Apple's and especially Disney's new platform.

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2019 10:30 AM

What will Apple offer their customers, Steve Jobs docus and classic Apple gadgets introductions starring Steve Jobs?

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2019 10:35 AM

r79 They have five shows currently, plus one more live-action show coming in 2020 (Stargirl) and an animated show (Harley Quinn) coming later this year. The Metropolis drama is also in development.

They have older DC animated movies and a comic book catalogue on their platform as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2019 10:36 AM

I can see Disney, with its vast ownership of movies and TV shows, being a serious competitor for Netflix, but not Apple. Before Apple I'd think Netflix may be concerned about Amazon and its buying power to aquire new and sought after shows and movies before Netflix can get them.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2019 10:37 AM

Netflix is definitely concerned about Amazon, but that's nothing new as it's been going on for a couple of years already and I'm sure they have strategies in place to compete with their programming already.

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2019 10:40 AM

r81 Here's a list of Apple shows. Given how family-friendly they want the platform to be, I doubt any of it will be particularly edgy. Though of course there's bound to be a gem or two among all that stuff eventually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2019 10:44 AM

I am not trying to bash Apple, but in recent years they did seem to have not much luck with coming up, and executing new and innovative concepts and ideas. Trying to get into streaming beyond podcasts needs some people who know what they are doing that may or may not clash with Apple's image and message branding.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2019 10:49 AM

After I posted my comment on r86 I checked r85's link and I can't help but getting psyched about one particular upcoming show of them.

The Morning Show

Apple has also bought a new drama starring Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon.

The company beat others in a bidding war for the two-season show, based on the book Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV by Brian Stelter. The book looks at the lives of morning TV presenters.

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2019 10:51 AM

r86 I mean, Tim Cook giving notes on every single show is definitely a bad sign. Execs have always interfered, sure, but how many of those shows are critical darlings? You need to give the showrunners the space to take some risks with their material.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2019 10:53 AM

[Quote] The Metropolis drama is also in development.

Is that the one with Lois Lane and Lex Luthor??

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2019 10:53 AM

r87 Ha! Of all the shows on there, you got excited about the Reese/Aniston one? I thought it was going to be just another talk show so I checked again and now see it's actually a scripted show about morning talk show presenters. I could see that being popular on DL, definitely.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2019 10:56 AM

r89 Yes!

[quote]Metropolis will follow Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets. Airing exclusively on DC’s upcoming digital service, it promises to show us a wondrous and awe-inspiring City of Tomorrow, before the emergence of Superman, and establish much of the Man of Steel’s world leading up to his arrival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2019 10:58 AM

r88, I agree with your comment.

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2019 10:59 AM

r90, what can I say? I am a sucker for these type of chick shows. Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, etc. or the more basic frau shows. Guess I have an inner frau screaming to get out of my gay body (just the one, dear?).

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2019 11:03 AM

r93 Listen, I was the highly-ecstatic OP of the main Sharp Objects thread last year and will live-post today's BLL season opener, so I hear you, and will watch this show as well. I'm just not used to those shows being mentioned in these comic book threads.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2019 11:14 AM

R91 hmm so I guess they'll be going with a different actress than the one they picked for the CW.

And this probably also means there won't be a Superman show.

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2019 11:21 AM

Man, that's got to suck for both Bitsy Tulloch and Tyler Hoechlin.

by Anonymousreply 96June 9, 2019 12:22 PM

I know Bitsie said she talked about it but maybe she meant specifically for her character?? I thought she was ok as Lois, but some of the lines they gave her made me cringe. And they've pretty much turned Kara into a female version of Clark.

Some fans are speculating maybe they'll kill off Superman in Crisis.

by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2019 12:44 PM

[bold]Insiders were shocked when DC Universe's 'Swamp Thing' was suddenly canceled despite a huge investment in the series and rave reviews[/bold]

[quote]Sources close to the production who spoke to Business Insider described being shocked by the show's cancellation, and said the set was buzzing with anticipation for more episodes. A source involved in the production said there was chatter on set that WarnerMedia was considering folding DC Universe into its own upcoming streaming platform, which will also include HBO and Cinemax.

[quote]One source close to the production told Business Insider that the show had a possible three-season arc, and the feeling on set was that it could have gone past that if it was a hit, with characters spinning off into their own shows. The source used the specific example of a potential "Justice League Dark" team-up series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 12, 2019 1:10 AM

So far I really like the show and it frustrates the fuck out of me to know that it got canceled and dumped like a nasty turd.

by Anonymousreply 99June 12, 2019 3:40 AM

James Wan says he doesn't know why Swamp Thing was cancelled either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2019 9:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 12, 2019 9:09 AM

I just saw the first episode tonight and it's GREAT. What a pity.

by Anonymousreply 102June 12, 2019 11:59 PM

This show is OVAH.

Almost before it even began.

WTF???

by Anonymousreply 103June 13, 2019 1:48 AM

Special effects and the horror theme are good but unfortunately the acting is the opposite. Crystal Reed is not a strong actress.

by Anonymousreply 104June 13, 2019 7:05 AM

[Quote] Crystal Reed is not a strong actress.

She was one of the better actors on Teen Wolf but that's not really saying much.

by Anonymousreply 105June 13, 2019 7:42 AM

What could've been.

[Quote] The first season was originally going to be 13 episodes, but production abruptly shut down in April after the season was cut to 10 episodes. Despite this, the seven people said they had little inclination that the show was in trouble, and even expected more seasons to come, especially after the show started getting good buzz. “We walked away with the sets standing,” the producer said. “We didn’t tear them down and go home.” One source close to the production told Business Insider that the show had a possible three-season arc, and the feeling on set was that it could have gone past that if it was a hit, with characters spinning off into their own shows. The source used the specific example of a potential “Justice League Dark” team-up series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2019 2:28 PM

I need Virginia Madsen to tell me she's cutting me off from her ancestral wealth and then spit in my fucking face.

by Anonymousreply 107June 17, 2019 2:31 PM

R107 why?

by Anonymousreply 108June 17, 2019 3:06 PM

Because she's one of the greats, that's why. Show some respect for our national treasures!

by Anonymousreply 109June 17, 2019 3:08 PM

R109 lol sorry! I think the last thing i saw her in was Red Riding Hood.

by Anonymousreply 110June 17, 2019 3:09 PM

R106 Insiders were shocked that it was cancelled although they knew that the show's production had been shut down in the middle of filming two months ago? When that happened there were already rumours that it had been cancelled.Sorry but this "source" sounds like a marketing shill for the show. Acting all shocked now although it had most likely been known since April that the show was in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 111June 18, 2019 1:06 PM

[Quote] Sorry but this "source" sounds like a marketing shill for the show. Acting all shocked now although it had most likely been known since April that the show was in big trouble.

Yeah it does.

by Anonymousreply 112June 18, 2019 2:41 PM

Does anyone have a good, monstery series I could watch this summer? It doesn't need to be new, though that would be nice. I like this sort of summer series and I am bummed there are not others.

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2019 7:05 PM

I still hate the fact that the one superhero show that's about climate change got cancelled.

r113 Penny Dreadful for tasteful horror; What We Do in the Shadows if you're into comedy horror series; Midnight, Texas is fun campy schlock; Wynonna Earp also has monsters but I don't know if it's good. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2019 7:20 PM

[Quote] I still hate the fact that the one superhero show that's about climate change got cancelled.

I hate the fact that the dumb fucks at AT&T want more CW style shows instead of more stuff like this 😡

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2019 12:11 AM

I just remembered another really good monster show - The Terror on AMC!

r115 Totally.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2019 12:17 AM

Thank you kindly for the suggestions. I started Midnight Texas and it's just what i'm looking for this summer.

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2019 3:07 AM

Thanks again. Nice eye candy. François Arnaud est trÚs mignon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2019 8:45 PM

r117 Very good choice! The perfect summer campfest. And yeah, it's hard to resist Arnaud once you see him in action. We went bonkers over him here on DL when the show was airing. I might or might not have been leading the cult of Arnaud at the time; I'll never tell...

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2019 9:00 PM

Stripped to his undies on episode 1! Well done!

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2019 9:02 PM

Oh, his famous undies! Stop it or I'll have to rewatch the whole thing again.

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2019 9:03 PM

He gets mauled by a tiger beastie, stitched up torso like frankenstein, and the VERY next episode steps out of the shower with the smoothest, creamiest, most lickable torso. My kind of campy show!

by Anonymousreply 122June 26, 2019 3:17 AM

And now, back to Swamp Thing. I feel sorry for Swamp Thing.

It bugs me a bit that this show was shot in winter so the swamp is not a luscious as it could be. Also the South Carolina location doesn't well mimic gulf swamps.

by Anonymousreply 123June 26, 2019 3:19 AM

It was shot on a sound stage. The location or season didn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 124June 26, 2019 10:36 AM

So they recreated the entire swamp on the sound stage? That sounds incredibly expensive, but also makes sense. I imagine shooting in an actual swamp is dangerous, expensive, disturbs the ecosystem... And most of them are probably protected in some way, which limits what you can do.

by Anonymousreply 125June 26, 2019 11:12 AM

There were pictures of the indoor swamp set up thread. It cost millions.

by Anonymousreply 126June 26, 2019 11:15 AM

[quote]It cost millions.

Well, shit. But I guess there's no way around it.

by Anonymousreply 127June 26, 2019 11:23 AM

I bet they'll fuck it up somehow🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 26, 2019 12:46 PM

First things first - ADRIENNE BARBEAU! Pity this series won't continue and she can appear as a real character.

Secondly - Abby's asian colleague/boyfriend???? So gay.

Did they know this show was canned when then filmed these episodes? The writing and energy has dipped quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2019 11:09 PM

[quote]Secondly - Abby's asian colleague/boyfriend???? So gay.

Yes, he says he's gay a few minutes into the first episode.

[quote]Did they know this show was canned when then filmed these episodes? The writing and energy has dipped quite a bit.

No, they didn't know. I agree that it's all a bit meandering and low-energy by now; I have to force myself to watch the latest episode. I was upset at first when they cancelled it but let's be real for a minute - this show looks amazing but it doesn't actually bring anything new to the table. Just like Titans. It's just a decent, competently made show.

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2019 11:15 PM

Are you fucking kidding me 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 31, 2019 12:35 AM

Wow, so that's why she was trending on Twitter today? Damn, I'm a homo but that is one hot lesbian couple. Sten definitely gave off lesbo energy on the show, but Reed? Never would have guessed it.

I couldn't finish the season, by the way. Sorry, Oscar winner Virginia Madsen, but it was just too much of a slog.

by Anonymousreply 132December 31, 2019 12:42 AM

Heh, love this tweet.

[quote]crystal reed at the beginning of the decade vs crystal reed at the end of the decade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 31, 2019 12:44 AM

They're both gorgeous women.

by Anonymousreply 134December 31, 2019 12:48 AM

Pretty sure that's just fans overreacting over a simple instagram comment girls make all the time. She commented on her friend's and former co-stars instagram post "can't wait to have my girlfriend back;)". And suddenly that is supposed to be a confirmation of a relationship?

If they're really in a relationship then I'm pretty sure that this is the reason why she and Darren broke up. Crystal has a pattern. She hardly ever has breaks between relationships. It was the same when she got together with Darren. She was spotted with Darren immediately after she and Daniel had broken up. The same had happened before when she started dating someone new before she had even been divorced from her husband in the early TW days.

She has a pattern. And that pattern actually lets you assume that most of her relationships are overlapping. In the past it seems that most of the time she had met her new partners before the breakup with the old partners. So Maria be aware of Crystal getting to know someone new and cheating on you.

by Anonymousreply 135December 31, 2019 8:25 AM

[Quote] Pretty sure that's just fans overreacting over a simple instagram comment girls make all the time. She commented on her friend's and former co-stars instagram post "can't wait to have my girlfriend back;)". And suddenly that is supposed to be a confirmation of a relationship?

My exact thoughts.

[Quote] It was the same when she got together with Darren. She was spotted with Darren immediately after she and Daniel had broken up. The same had happened before when she started dating someone new before she had even been divorced from her husband in the early TW days.

Well out of the Teen Wolf cast, she could have done worse 😄 Daniel doesn't seem so messy in comparison to some of his co-stars. And it seems like part of the break up with Darren was because he didn't enjoy being part of the Hollywood scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 31, 2019 11:04 AM

Wouldn't she have clarified by now if they weren't girlfriends? With a funny Insta post or something like that?

Though I agree that it's an overreaction if the proof was indeed just that one Insta comment. I thought there was more evidence lying around...

by Anonymousreply 137December 31, 2019 11:08 AM

No, Crystal wouldn't have clarified anything if it wasn't true because it gives Crystal a lot of attention and there is no harm in people believing or speculating that they're girlfriends. Crystal is actually someone who plays the Hollywood game (which Darren said in his interview he didn't want to do anymore). She calls the paps, she does things like that for attention. Anything to get social media buzz and exposure.

For example a few years ago she showed up at an event with a big ring that looked like an engagement ring. The press there immediately asked her if she and Darren were engaged. Crystal just smiled and walked away saying nothing. The next day there were of course multiple articles about her and a possible engagement. She got what she wanted. Press.

Of course Darren and Crystal hadn't gotten engaged. The ring was just a ploy to get the press speculating and to create social media buzz for her. And by walking away without saying or denying anything she got the press to write about her.

by Anonymousreply 138December 31, 2019 12:01 PM

[Quote] No, Crystal wouldn't have clarified anything if it wasn't true because it gives Crystal a lot of attention and there is no harm in people believing or speculating that they're girlfriends.

Hope it doesn't blow up in her face.

by Anonymousreply 139January 1, 2020 3:32 AM

R139 I don't think it would because she only made a simple comment that could be read a lot of different ways. And if she's really asked about it sometime she could just say that people read it the wrong way and that it was just a comment between friends.

What made the whole thing blow up was the edited wiki page and the added interview quotes from an interview that never existed. And she isn't connected to that. If she or her team edited that page they were very clever and edited it with an IP address from a different country. That's and easy thing to fake. No one would be able to find a connection between her and the wiki editor.

by Anonymousreply 140January 1, 2020 12:22 PM

[Quote] What made the whole thing blow up was the edited wiki page and the added interview quotes from an interview that never existed.

Someone must have been really bored lol. Or I've underestimated how intense her fandom is.

by Anonymousreply 141January 2, 2020 1:28 AM

R141 The wiki edits were made shortly before Crystal made that comment on her friend's page. The timing is pretty suspicious if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 142January 2, 2020 9:57 AM

Swamp Thing is coming to the CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 14, 2020 11:49 AM

Face it. Jennifer Beals is just no substitute for Adrienne Barbeau no matter how much their hair looks alike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 14, 2020 12:27 PM

R144 who??

by Anonymousreply 145May 14, 2020 2:43 PM

r143, I have it on VERY good authority that there will not be a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 146May 14, 2020 7:50 PM

R146 which is probably the better alternative to ending up on the CW. Supergirl was bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2020 2:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!