Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melon recall

An Indianapolis-based company has issued a recall for melon products sold in 16 states after being linked to a salmonella outbreak.The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Friday that the recall includes cut watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe produced by Caito Foods LLC. The fruit has been sold under various brands or labels at Kroger, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Target and Whole Foods.

The affected states are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 2:54 AM

SEe? don't buy pre-cut fruits and veggies. Do Not. I was in Kroger the other day and they had whole cantaloupe on sale two for $5. I bought one. It's on the kitchen counter. I'm letting it ripen for a few days then I'll cut it up myself. These stores want to charge you more than double for a small container of cut fruit.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2019 8:49 PM

This is Mike Pence’s fault, not mine. I’m a better Christian than you-u-u-u, Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah!

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2019 8:51 PM

The fruit was contaminated by coming into contact with R2, the world's biggest asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2019 9:27 PM

Guard those tits, Sarah Palin!

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote]An Indianapolis-based company has issued a recall for melon products sold in 16 states after being linked to a salmonella outbreak.

There's also a risk for melancholy.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2019 10:11 PM

Mark my words there will be another, the 5th or 6th Romaine recall soon. I have not eaten Romain since the 3rd recall. Now melon. There is something really bad happening to our produce. I'm sure there has been lots of deregulations since Trump that is allowing all this poison produce to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 1:09 AM

Salmelonna?

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 1:15 AM

Mayor Pete is on the scene, checking out the melon disaster

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 1:16 AM

Here’s the footage mayor Pete has submitted from the scene:

Oh, Pete! Not THOSE melons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 1:19 AM

Those melons are bad hombres. They must have come from Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 1:22 AM

It’s the Mexicans shitting in the fields when they pick this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 1:41 AM

Oh Sweet Jesus. I had melon with cottage cheese for lunch today. Am I going to die?

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 1:43 AM

Can I have your stuff R12?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 1:45 AM

You're supposed to wash the outside of cantaloupes before you cut them up, because they can carry salmonella.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 1:51 AM

Find someone to hold you r12!

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 2:05 AM

It's cheaper and more sanitary to cut your own. Lazy bitches should get salmonella.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 2:27 AM

Remember when you'd hear about this sort of thing maybe twice a year ? Now it seems like every week.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 2:43 AM

The water they're using in irrigating the crops is contaminated dirty feces infested water. That's what is happening. They discussed it months ago.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 2:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!