Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Award named after Dame Edna comic Barry Humphries is DUMPED from comedy festival over his 'transphobic comments'

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2019 8:56 AM

Drop the T and boycott everyone who supports it.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2019 8:43 PM

Fucking idiots, Edna is a goddess

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2019 8:48 PM

He won’t cut off his dick so he is a bigot? Typical breeders.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2019 8:52 PM

He's made homophobic statements as well.

Didn't know he was still around. That Dame Edna schtick was stale 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2019 8:54 PM

[quote]He's made homophobic statements as well.

And yet those didn’t justify removing his name from an award but these do? Fuck that shit. He’s right about trannies.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2019 8:57 PM

Transphobic is the least of his issues. Homophobia and casual racism are also there. I don't find Edna/MPC amusing here, I wouldn't enjoy paying to see her on a stage.

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2019 9:35 PM

Margaret’s Stadium wasn’t changed.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2019 9:36 PM

I will never understand straight guys doing drag. It clearly comes from a place of derision, not adoration of women. I always found Dame Edna kinda icky for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2019 9:53 PM

When Edna picks people in the audience to chat with, she never picks gays. Too much competition when it comes to bantering.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2019 11:17 PM

When I went to see her, she made a point of saying hello to the "Friends of Kenny".

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2019 3:13 PM

Barry has always been an asshole. However, people are getting completely ridiculous - don't give the Oscar to a sexual harasser or homophobe - um, you're supposed to be rewarding the art, not the person's personal life.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2019 3:16 PM

I don’t disagree with any of his quoted comments.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 12:46 AM

He is a brilliant entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2019 1:09 AM

R11 would give Hitler an Oscar achievement award.

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2019 8:40 AM

Barry Humphries couldn't care less what these demi-mondaine SJWs do.

Watch this clip with daggy old Parkie and you'll see how Humphries is a superb raconteur.

See how he manipulates both the audience and the guests with a mix of rehearsed anecdotes and whip-smart retorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2019 8:51 AM

Dame Edna is a delight. Barry Humphries is not.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2019 8:55 AM

R16 Well said.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2019 8:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!