Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Robert Sheehan: “I had a couple of experiences...with dudes”

Robert Sheehan, gaining critical acclaim – alongside vast attention from a seemingly “thirsty” fan base – currently stars in the Netflix hit The Umbrella Academy. The show follows seven siblings, all with unique superhuman abilities and suppressed childhood trauma, as they struggle to overcome their differences and prevent an imminent apocalypse. Robert Sheehan portrays Klaus Hargreeves on the show. An openly gay character affectionately labeled “The Seance,” Klaus can commune with the dead (when he’s not too drugged up to use his ability). Whether from watching Robert Sheehan on the show, or just out of pure curiosity, many fans have taken to the internet wondering whether the actor is gay in real life. Robert Sheehan recently sat down for an interview with the Irish Examiner to discuss his past roles, his romantic life, as well as his current role as Klaus Hargreeves on The Umbrella Academy. When asked about his sexuality, Robert Sheehan openly communicated the extent of his homosexual experimentation, which he did not owe anyone.

“I think it would be irresponsible not to question your sexuality. I had a couple of experiences when I was younger with dudes where I tried it, experimented to see if it did anything for me…It didn’t, but I gave it a go!”

Buzz.IE There you have it, folks. Robert Sheehan has experimented with men in the past; however, it did not do anything for him. So, if you’re wondering whether or not Robert Sheehan is gay, he has said no (in so many words).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2019 10:07 PM

I'd rather hear that Tom Hopper did it with dude.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Me too

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 10:36 PM

Maybe he just hasn't met the right guy yet.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 10:38 PM

I mean.....ooomph!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 10:38 PM

Sounds like the standard "woke actor" thing -- vague enough that people can see it as jerking off with friends at 14, or letting a guy blow him but not getting hard--or a figment of his imagination.

Bottom line is "it didn't do anything for me" e.g. "I'm straight"

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 10:40 PM

True

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 10:41 PM

These confessions have devolved into professional self-protection. He’s playing gay, so he needs to show he’s gotten a tie in the water or face the wrath of the new morality police on social media.

A topsy-turvy world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 10:45 PM

Maybec

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2019 2:48 AM

This interview is from it r7, and I don't think Sheehan is making up anything. I'd have been surprised if the guy hadn't hooked up with men.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2019 8:57 PM

From last year*

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2019 9:06 PM

From the way he looks I think he's had more than a couple of experiences with "dudes".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2019 9:12 PM

I bet I know for certain who one of those "dudes" was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2019 9:19 PM

This Mary has had more than just a few experiences with men. His face screams cumdump.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2019 9:22 PM

Surely you jest, R13! We're LOLing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2019 9:50 PM

Cool

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2019 10:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!