Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tax Question

I owe like 160.00 right now, are there any deductions I can make?

Trump fucked me over on Form 1099 .

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2019

consider yourself lucky.

since they raised the standard deduction, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2019

The only thing you could do is contribute to an IRA, if you're eligible.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2019

If you got a 1099, is it from self-employment? If so, you can deduct mileage for driving to and from this assignment, and any other business related expenses.

As long as you netted less than $400.00 in self employment, you won't have to pay the SE tax.

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2019

R3 I that mileage thing apparently falls in the work expense category ,and I found other stuff I could use . If not for your suggestion I would not have found it, so thank you :) .

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.


Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!