Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s it like to be an ex-hooker hairdresser in Philly?

What do you guys think?

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2019 4:56 PM

Better Philly than in Poughkeepsie.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 8:47 PM

Better Poughkeepsie than Buffalo.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 8:49 PM

Are you a man?

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 8:50 PM

R3 yes. My boyfriend is an ex hooker too. Used to say he was a marine.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 8:53 PM

20 years ago, you could have made lots of new friends on South 13th Street between Spruce and Chestnut.

Now, that freak show has been gentrified out of existence.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 8:54 PM

In the 90s I was an out gay man living for a few years in a small upstate NY town. When the local barbers (one shop three barbers , one a woman who I think was not in on what I am going to describe) found out I was gay the next time I went to them they literally butchered my hair. (This was indeed literal violence, snowflakes.) There was another gay guy at least working in that town, the "beautician" for the women who had a shop up the street. I immediately went there and he redid the hair. It really saved my dignity in some sense. I continued to go back to him and am grateful to this day.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 8:56 PM

I think it's prolly fun.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 9:14 PM

Once a hooker, always a hooker

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2019 2:43 AM

The cheesesteaks live up to their reputation.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2019 3:10 AM

Cream cheese would come in handy.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2019 4:01 PM

Philly's the best. I wish I could move back.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2019 4:03 PM

Well, being an ex-hooker hairdresser means you go from a job where you lay down to a job where you stand up.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2019 4:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!