Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: What do we make of this charming little cottage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 11:57 PM

What would you want us to say, OP?

Frankly, I find the Tasteful Friends posts featuring hideous buildings more than a little tedious.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 8:38 PM

The rectangular straightlined doors everywhere quite ruin the effect and expose the poor, lowbrow concept.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 8:44 PM

I’ve always wanted to know what home life with Uncke Owen and Aunt Beau was like for Luke.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 8:45 PM

Like living in someone's nasal cavity.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 8:51 PM

R1, no one is forcing you to click on Tasteful Friends threads.

And as an R1 you're supposed to leave a witty remark, not a tedious complaint.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 9:00 PM

It has a Barcelona / Gaudi-esque quality to it. But it's tiny - especially for Texas.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote] Nestled on 2 1/2 acres of land in the hills of Texas, this home is only about 10 minutes from downtown Austin — but feels a world (or a universe) away.

I've lived in Austin, and I had no idea this thing was 10 min away from Downtown.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Picture it crawling with spiders, scorpions and snakes.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 9:06 PM

I couldn’t imagine bringing a date over.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 9:08 PM

I love it, and it can be had for $550 a night, but it might be worth it as a place to take a trip.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 9:12 PM

Drop acid there? Maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 9:24 PM

[quote] Recently, the Weird Homes Tour featured the Bloomhouse’s weird and wonderful design

It fits the city's official motto: "Keep Austin Weird".

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 10:47 PM

I agree that the square premade windows and doors kind of ruin the effect. It should have a round door like a hobbit hole, and round AND oval windows.

Other than that, I rather like it! It's too much, of course, but the weirdness is well done.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 11:20 PM

I had an art professor that used to build "foam dome homes" like this back in the day. I would smile and nod, act interested, and get an "A."

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 11:44 PM

I had a legit physical reaction to it. it made me nauseated

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 11:50 PM

I'd feel like I was living in someones rectum.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!