Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: What do we make of this charming little cottage?

This Remarkable Home Is Anything but Square

1 1/2 bedrooms. 1 bathroom. And 0 straight lines.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2019

What would you want us to say, OP?

Frankly, I find the Tasteful Friends posts featuring hideous buildings more than a little tedious.

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2019

The rectangular straightlined doors everywhere quite ruin the effect and expose the poor, lowbrow concept.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2019

I’ve always wanted to know what home life with Uncke Owen and Aunt Beau was like for Luke.

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2019

Like living in someone's nasal cavity.

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2019

R1, no one is forcing you to click on Tasteful Friends threads.

And as an R1 you're supposed to leave a witty remark, not a tedious complaint.

by Anonymousreply 504/15/2019

It has a Barcelona / Gaudi-esque quality to it. But it's tiny - especially for Texas.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2019

[quote] Nestled on 2 1/2 acres of land in the hills of Texas, this home is only about 10 minutes from downtown Austin — but feels a world (or a universe) away.

I've lived in Austin, and I had no idea this thing was 10 min away from Downtown.

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2019

Picture it crawling with spiders, scorpions and snakes.

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2019

I couldn’t imagine bringing a date over.

by Anonymousreply 904/15/2019

I love it, and it can be had for $550 a night, but it might be worth it as a place to take a trip.

by Anonymousreply 1004/15/2019

Drop acid there? Maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2019

[quote] Recently, the Weird Homes Tour featured the Bloomhouse’s weird and wonderful design

It fits the city's official motto: "Keep Austin Weird".

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2019

I agree that the square premade windows and doors kind of ruin the effect. It should have a round door like a hobbit hole, and round AND oval windows.

Other than that, I rather like it! It's too much, of course, but the weirdness is well done.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2019

I had an art professor that used to build "foam dome homes" like this back in the day. I would smile and nod, act interested, and get an "A."

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2019

I had a legit physical reaction to it. it made me nauseated

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2019

I'd feel like I was living in someones rectum.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!