Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, care to make an offer on this SF Victorian?

What would you pay to own this beauty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 3:01 PM

I love it, every bit of it. I like the mixing of Ikea with vintage 70s designer pieces. The plain walls are ideal. LOVE the dog bedroom. I’d maybe do more with the corner turret space that looks a bit forlorn with just a couple of chairs, separated off from the rest of the room. The kitchen is very long so you’d get plenty of exercise just walking between dishwasher to stove.

I have no idea what the area is like- is it filled with needles and human shit as soon as you step out the front door?

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 12:10 PM

That walk-in closet with the sloping roof is tiny. I'd remodel the kids' room in a dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 12:10 PM

*into a

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 12:10 PM

What’s the asking price? I don’t really like “redone” Victorians I prefer one with the original mouldings and stuff intact

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 12:13 PM

It's only going to be worth the millions for being in SF. It's a middle class small house set back and blocked in by buildings and I don't think it gets much light. The photos are deceptive. Ceiling height is good and its had a fortune sunk into it already, so there is that. The wine cellar is ridiculous overkill.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 12:15 PM

What is that illuminated multi-level rack in the kitchen? Is it for growing herbs indoors?

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 1:21 PM

R4

Interesting price history: sold for 3.2 million in Sept 2016 (originally priced at 4.1 in Feb 2016 - and 6 months to sale a property in this market is quite striking) then, in Feb. 2017 it sold again - for 1,350,000.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 1:35 PM

The good news: it's in an area of San Francisco that's last to get fog.

The bad news: the only view you have is your neighbors.

The house is gorgeous, love the layout. But if I'm already blowing bazillions, I'd head farther up hill to Pacific or Presidio Heights for a better view of the Bay.

Fun fact: The house is 6 blocks from the hospital I was born in.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 1:37 PM

I can't understand the sale prices.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 1:38 PM

It is essentially a walk up - hard on arthritic knees.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 1:46 PM

Does it come with a Book of Shadows?

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 2:07 PM

R7 & R9

Sometimes with a price history such as that - second sale more or less half of the first sale - it's one owner buying out a second owner, say, in a divorce. Sometimes you will see an exact "half" amount of a prior purchase, and sometimes the property has been re-assessed so the amounts change.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 2:33 PM

And....

Sometimes you will see a sale of $1, which is basically a change in the names on the title.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 2:37 PM

I don't like the fact that there's a multi-story building right next to it, so the windows on one side of the house are useless. It's also had too much of an HGTV makeover inside, removing all the original details.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 2:40 PM

A two-family house? I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 3:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!