Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morehouse College will accept transgender men

Morehouse's policy requires each student identify as a man. If a student transitions from a man to a woman, that student will not be able to attend the college.

Morehouse College, a Traditionally Black All-Male School, Says It Will Accept Transgender Men

The policy, which was announced on Saturday, will continue to ban from enrollment women anyone who identifies as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2019

Well, that's a step in the right direction.

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2019

This is quite right. A trans woman is a woman and a trans man is a man.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2019

And what is a “man”, R2?

Homosexuality = a man attracted to a man, not a man attracted to a fake man.

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2019

R3 Don't be so judgemental. You don't have to understand everything to accept it.

Not R2.

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2019

[quote]A trans woman is a man posing as a woman and a trans man is a woman posing as a man.

Reality.

by Anonymousreply 504/15/2019

Wonder how much of a financial incentive Morehouse was offered and by whom to buy its acquiescence to this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2019

Do they have to be black, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2019

What about the gender fluid who is more male than female?

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2019

[quote]Do they have to be black, I wonder?

If Morehouse is admitting men who feel they are women, then they should also admit people who feel they are Black.

by Anonymousreply 904/15/2019

^^^the other way. Women who feel they are men . . . ^^^

by Anonymousreply 1004/15/2019

Big deal. Smith, Wellesley etc opened to trans years ago, no? 18 year olds trans Jonesing to attend some sex schools of their desired, imaginary gender - I don't know, seems like they could be very complicated people.

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2019

One does NOT need to be black to attend historically black colleges. At least I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2019

Women are women - transwomen are transwomen. It's misogyny to say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2019

R7 and R9 You don't have to be black to be admitted. Have you ever googled or watched a Different World?

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2019

Trannies ruin everything

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2019

I wonder why people get bent out of shape over transgender people. Your worlds don't have to intersect, romantically or socially, so why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2019

Yes, I know it’s very exclusive, r14. Is there a quota for how many whites/Asians/Latinos/Natives they must admit? How many whites apply, I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2019

It's 5.5% other, R17.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2019

It's "exclusive" for blacks. It's middling, considered color-blind.

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2019

That should go over well. Isn't homophobia rampant in the black community? I can only imagine how accepting they are of trans.

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2019

Morehouse is super gay I don't think it will be a problem at all for the students.

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2019

Spelman has triple Morehouse's endowment - in money that is.

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2019

R9, Your transphobia must have impaired your reading comprehension. Trans women will actually be asked to leave the school. It is trans men who are now going to be accepted there. Do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2019

R22, didn’t Marisa Tomei go there for a year?

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!