Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CNN Town Hall with Marianne Williamson (4/14/19)

She says we need a new Department of Peace, $100 billion in reparations, statehood for DC, Medicare for all, and measures to reduce stress and toxins in food. All powered by a spiritual awakening and a movement of love. She warns that the US has become an aristocracy.

There was also an awkward moment in which Dana forced her to admit that Oprah hadn't responded to her emails.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 11:42 PM

'Spiritual' - bye

by Anonymousreply 1Last Sunday at 10:08 PM

Who dis?

by Anonymousreply 2Last Sunday at 10:11 PM

Well, she goes a little over the top, but she has a point.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Sunday at 10:11 PM

She's consistent, though. She's been preaching all of this for the last 20 years in her books. I kind of like the idea of a Department of Peace if we're going to have a Department of War (aka the military) that's 10x as big as the next 10 countries combined. The State Department has been politicized too much to play a peaceful role. They are spending all their time just cleaning up after the military around the world.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Sunday at 10:18 PM

Reparations? See ‘ya.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Sunday at 11:04 PM

I wonder if she'll make the debates. I think it would be interesting to see her up there and I wonder how the other candidates would handle her. Especially Biden.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Sunday at 11:11 PM

She's fascinating. Very logical, cohesive, rational and intelligent. I'm not sure the general public would buy into her message of love, but she's one smart candidate. The top tier candidates don't speak like her. It's the lower tier or nontraditional candidates who are speaking much more intelligently about the direction of the country.

After listening to Andrew Yang, Pete Buttigieg and now Marianne Williamson, I am more inclined to vote for one of them than Biden, who is the front runner without even have declared yet. However, my main focus is to ultimate vote for someone who I feel an beat Trump. We must defeat him. But if Yang, Buttigieg and Williamson cannot win, it would be great and beneficial to the country to see them in a Democratic White House presidential cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Sunday at 11:21 PM

Her books are not her. A more miserable person I have never met.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Monday at 12:20 AM

^ Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Monday at 12:36 AM

She considers herself a god or a prophet and barks out orders, screams at staff, tortures caterers and wants very much to be Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Monday at 1:28 AM

Why is she wasting our time?

by Anonymousreply 11Last Monday at 3:34 AM

So she IS that Marianne Williamson.

This race for the Democratic nomination is a scene.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Monday at 3:37 AM

“An awkward MOMENT?”

The whole thing was awkward to say the least. The very least.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Monday at 3:56 AM

R13=Andrew Yang

by Anonymousreply 14Last Monday at 2:04 PM

Yes, r12, she is THAT Marianne Williamson. The one you may remember from the New Age 80s. She's made a lot of enemies.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Monday at 2:09 PM

She HATES to be asked about Oprah LOL

by Anonymousreply 16Last Monday at 2:11 PM

The baton must have hit her in the head while it was being passed to me.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!