Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Crystal Waters

Love her! Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2019

Stone cold classic of the early 90s, OP. Don't think she ever came close to matching this one, though. It still sounds so good.

by Anonymousreply 104/14/2019

Check out her Unsung episode. Here’s a preview:

by Anonymousreply 204/14/2019

She's brilliant! Wrote and produced most of her own stuff, and a lot of it was very complex and thematic for 'dance music'.

One of the forerunners of the house genre (even though they never give her credit), at least house with vocals.

I saw her a few years ago at a festival and she had great presence. Was never a massive voice, but she still puts on a show with two backup dancers and joins in the choreography in some parts.

by Anonymousreply 304/14/2019

Also had to post this which has long been one of my favourite YouTube videos.

Filmed just on the cusp of Crystal's breakthrough, she didn't even have a video yet.

A badly-hairstyled 'reporter' interviews Crystal and tries to learn the choreography, but really is just out to awkwardly criticise her for not doing enough about the homeless problem in America. There are a few others interviewed briefly too with endless quotable lines.... some fashion-industry queen on the video set ("it's different working with someone everyone wants, rather than some fat ugly person from the record company"). At the end they actually get 'homeless' men to sing the 'la da dee' chorus... lol.

by Anonymousreply 404/14/2019

Well, Mr. Aspie Pop Cultural Name Dropper Troll, here is her best track:

by Anonymousreply 504/14/2019

I never liked that skit R5.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!