Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever known someone who killed a person?

Maybe they had been acquitted or they told you in confidence of their terrible deed. Maybe it happened years after you knew them. Either way, spill it!

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2019 4:00 PM

Yes. She did 15 years for killing her boyfriend with a hammer while high. Shes been out for a while and seems fine now. But, I would never eat anything she cooks.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 2:21 AM

My mother-in-law. More than one.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 2:26 AM

I've worked with ex-cons and some were in for theft, murder etc. Nice guys btw.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 2:29 AM

My great grandfather. He killed his brother in a fight (not premeditated) and his father (premeditated) to take control of his father’s estate. He got away with both.

He was a horrible person, the only person I remember being afraid of as a child although I never interacted with him, just saw him. My grandfather (his son) despised him.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 2:42 AM

My older brother. Fraticide of my other older brother, Abel. Maybe you've read about it?

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 2:55 AM

Quite a few. All involving car accidents.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 2:57 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 4:15 AM

One of my dear friends killed her father. He was in end-stage Alzheimers, had gotten very violent, was kicked out of assisted living memory care after less than a week because of violence against staff and other patients. Her mother, who had already cared for her dad (early-onset Alzheimers) for nearly 15 years, begged her daughter (my friend) to help her do it. They used the plastic-bag-with -draw-cord-and-helium method (sometimes called the suicide bag). He was completely non-verbal and unable to communicate at that point, and, as I said, in a constant state of agitation and violence - but I'm sure she'll be haunted by it until her own death. Sometimes life doesn't present us with pretty choices.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 4:25 AM

I got to be friends with a neighbor's friend who hit a pedestrian who walked in front of him at night, on a road with a relatively high speed limit. Not a highway, but not some neighborhood street w. a 25-mph limit.

He said it was over before he knew what happened, the truck didn't look that bad when he got it stopped and got out so he was hopeful for a second or two, but when he saw the guy in the street, it was obvious that he was dead.

He said he was pretty shaken at the time and for a short while afterward, didn't feel haunted, distressed, vastly changed by it.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 4:32 AM

A cousin bludgeoned and stabbed his own mother and father to death. He’s currently serving two consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole in a California penitentiary.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 4:37 AM

Just Mom!

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 4:39 AM

I just watched a vid of Michael Henry's discussing this very topic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 4:46 AM

My alcoholic, white trash uncle killed a guy by smashing a bottle on his head during a bar fight. He got off easy (only a few months of prison) because witnesses testified that it was the dead guy who provoked him.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 4:48 AM

My cousin shot a guy who was robbing his father’s liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 4:50 AM

My uncle in WWII.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 4:52 AM

What are you getting at?

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 4:52 AM

R1 would you hire her to build a cabinet?

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 5:12 AM

OT I've known a number of people who were murdered.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 5:22 AM

No officer, but thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 5:26 AM

I was doing a play in NYC in the late 80s, sharing a dressing area with the other male actors. One older actor always sat next to me and we were chummy. He had Broadway credits, and I'd seen him on tv a few times. He was a crusty, cool guy who after getting to know me told me he'd killed a man and done time. He then admitted that during a prison blackout, he'd killed again on the inside, a guy who owed him cigarettes (which are prison currency), but of course he didn't get caught for the second murder.

He's really old now, but still alive and working.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 6:07 AM

Sadly yes, I have two cousins that killed their ex-girlfriends one didn't stop there and also killed her husband and child.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 6:10 AM

Wow. Were the cousins brothers? Had they previously been violent?

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 6:20 AM

R20 I'm assuming you made a point of promptly repaying to him any loan he might have made to you...and complimenting his acting.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 6:22 AM

R1 what was she high on?

R18 me too.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 7:08 AM

Wow, R21. Mental illness runs thick in your family!

I remember you mentioning your cousins, in a previous thread. Not the details about the husband and child being murdered, too, though. Horrific!

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 2:26 PM

Yes and then the charges were dropped because he confessed when he was high on hallucinogens. It's a cold case now and it shouldn't be. His best friend knows all the details and may have been involved but the police don't know about him or care. The friend has been living in a van going from state to state under the grid ever since this happened. I always feel this is an ace up my sleeve if I ever get arrested for anything. I can tell what I know and get the ball rolling again.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2019 2:33 PM

^ You should tell NOW, you self-serving pos.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2019 2:39 PM

Yes- a friend shot and killed her husband while he slept. She did 25 yrs and was released last year.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2019 2:42 PM

Was the case on Forensic Files, R28?

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2019 2:47 PM

Yes. Ex Girlfriend killed Ex boyfriend while their three kids were in the house. I knew them both since we were teens and they started dating. She stabbed him once in the heart. He had started dating a new girl and never looked better. She tricked into him into coming over and watch the kids while she went out clubbing. She never went out and killed him instead. She claimed self defense, insanity, domestic abuse. She got off with 5 years probation. Her mother was a very good family friend too but all relationships were destroyed after the murder once people took sides. No one has seen her since. She's hiding.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2019 2:59 PM

Knew one guy who was an accountant for one of the big name firms who was officially away on business but snuck back to town to duct tape his wife to a chair in the garage, torture her and then set the house on fire. He then caught a red eye flight back to where he was supposed to be. (This was in the '80s, when such a thing wasn't so easy to track down as it would be today.) The wife died of smoke inhalation; the house smoldered for a few hours before actively turning to flame but she obviously died a horrible death. There was a lot more to the story. The guy's name was Dennis Bulloch. He claimed the wife wanted kinky sex but suffocated accidentally so he set the house on fire to kill them both but lost his nerve. Had a really good defense attorney because he was only convicted of lesser charges and was out in a few years,never to be heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2019 3:03 PM

A neighbour accidently ran over a child. It was a rural area and the boy ran in front of the school bus as soon as he got off it. The neighbour, who was only 18, was travelling under the speed limit but couldn't break in time. The driver was devestated, he'd known the kid since he was a baby, so was the bus driver. The boy's parents were very forgiving and let everyone know they held no grudges.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 3:16 PM

That’s why you’re supposed to stop when a school bus is unloading passengers on the other side of the road,

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2019 3:20 PM

Had an acquaintance die of a weird death. She was at a party after a wedding with her husband and allegedly hit her head on a stair going down while he was holding onto her. He claimed she was drunk and thus needed help going down the stairs. However, other people there said she wasn't as intoxicated as he was making her out to be.

It came out after her death, that he had been seen previously being "rough" with her and had also been trying to pressure her into swinging and other kinky type sex.

Things also took a weird turn when only a few months after her death turned up with a new love interest that he happened to work with. They and another couple (who were her friends) had previously scheduled a trip to Vegas prior to her death. The couple had asked him repeatedly, hey we cancel this blah blah blah. He insisted for them all to go and then showed up with this woman. It was obvious, they had been fucking around prior to her death.

Oh, and he was suddenly very flush with money thanks to shaking down the homeowners where it happened and having a very large life insurance policy on a stay at home mother. He then preceeded to buy lots of lands down in Northwest Arkansas.

The absolutely strange part in all of this is when he demanded my friend return a breast feeding machine she had been lent by the dead wife. He told her, he may need it again in the future.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Also remembered regarding r31, Bulloch was out on bail when he took his parents' car and left it in the middle of a bridge over one of the local rivers, with a suicide note. He was tracked down some months later in California through one of his female friends with whom he'd been in regular contact when he called her from a pay phone.

He and the wife had been married only a matter of months and he had kept the marriage secret from friends and co-workers. The wife's parents had died young and left her the house and quite a bit of cash. She had also been a corporate exec and had a large insurance policy.

I knew him from the gym and lots of different events. Always struck me as a pretentious creep but harmless. How wrong I was.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2019 3:29 PM

OMG some of these stories. The best I have is a guy I had a crush on in high school hit someone on a bike and she died. I'd still fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2019 3:48 PM

Knew a family down in San Antonio back about 15 years ago-- husband, wife, three young boys. The wife was an executive with Southwestern Bell and the husband was something of a computer nerd without a regular job. She disappeared one day and it turns out the husband had killed her when he learned she wanted a divorce. He dumped her body in a junkyard. He finally confessed and pled guilty so there was no trial. The young boys all got adopted out across the country and split up into different families. Always wondered if they ever saw their brothers again.

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2019 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!