Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's Talk Alarm Clocks, DL

I'm replacing an ancient iHome electric clock radio and looking at options. It never worked that well as a radio. It was supposed to be a charging station for my iPod (!), then I upgraded to an iPhone, so it doesn't work as a charger anymore. It's barely reliable as a clock.

So tell me what you use, tech-savvy DLers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 2:43 AM

One of the many benefits of retirement, I let the sun wake me up, I haven't set an alarm in 10 years and schedule no appointment in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 12:19 AM

What is the difference between "My smartphone" and "An app on my smartphone"? A wind up isn't "analog" it is "mechanical". There is a German company, Atlanta, that still makes wind up clocks. I have one and put them in my guest bedrooms. The tick tock is a bit loud by comfy feeling. They don't keep the best time. Can't sleep through the loud bell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 12:22 AM

I use my Fitbit wearable to wake me up.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 12:26 AM

You left off valet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 12:32 AM

Alexa set a six a.m. wake up call. Also works when I got to bed. Alexa play the “Sewers of Paris.” Alexa set a 20 minute sleep timer. Okay I will stop playing in 20 minutes. Or Alexa play thunderstorm sounds. It’s 2019 people. Your smart phone also does the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 12:34 AM

I use my old Sharper Image clock radio. They were quite the thing 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 12:42 AM

"Alexa, set the alarm for 6:15 AM"

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 12:45 AM

Not retired -- yet -- but I haven't used an alarm clock in decades. I couldn't sleep past about 7:00 am unless something was really wrong.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 1:08 AM

Alexa is a nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 1:10 AM

I use my Sonos as my alarm clock through Amazon Alexa. I don’t wake up at the same time most mornings, but it’s a range within about half an hour. I can ask for a snooze - no buttons. Same device turns the lights in my room on and off, along with the overhead fan.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 2:37 AM

At the local pharmacy before CVS and Walgreens they used to sell a bedroom clock that had an orange glow for the night that was called DIALLIGHT DROWSE-Do any DL Elders remember this?

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!