Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pete Buttigieg announces run for president

As much as I admire him , using the moniker "Mayor Pete" will doom him , he will not win . Mayor's do not win presidential elections, bad , bad , choice. It corners him in a box as being not experienced, he should have fired his PR Team but it is to late . Bad choice , no one going to the polls in red states will vote for a mayor, period.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Monday at 8:28 AM

They voted for a businessman that’s never even been elected dog catcher.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Sunday at 4:18 PM

My God what is it with you people? You are so tiresome. Won't vote for him because of Mayor Pete, won't vote for him because of his last name, won't vote for him because of his husband's name.

Doesn't anyone vote on issues anymore?

by Anonymousreply 2Last Sunday at 4:23 PM

What's next, won't vote for him because he has a one eyed dog?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Sunday at 4:24 PM

They started with the “Mayor Pete” because no one could pronounce his last name. In a few months, no one will be saying Mayor Pete. Everyone will know how to say his name.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Sunday at 4:26 PM

He's got a lot of goodwill towards him right now. He is announcing at the right time.

Even that cunt Ava DuVernay likes him.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Sunday at 4:29 PM

Yeah, Ava was retweeting him like crazy yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Sunday at 4:35 PM

The easiest way to to remember how to say his name is to turn into two words. "Buddha judge". It's not 100% accurate pronunciation, but close enough for government work......

by Anonymousreply 7Last Sunday at 5:51 PM

Buttplug or buttipegging is much better. His last name sounds like buttigag.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Sunday at 6:18 PM

Defeatists or trolls. He's smart to use Mayor Pete. His last name is very difficult for people to remember. They'll eventually remember it but until then, he can be Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Sunday at 7:14 PM

Nobody votes for people with funny sounding last names.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Monday at 7:46 AM

"Mayor Pete" is folksy and homespun. I think it can be appealing to voters.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Monday at 8:23 AM

It's catchier than "Buttigieg." I think it works for him. It contributes to the down to earth image.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Monday at 8:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!