Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg announces run for president

As much as I admire him , using the moniker "Mayor Pete" will doom him , he will not win . Mayor's do not win presidential elections, bad , bad , choice. It corners him in a box as being not experienced, he should have fired his PR Team but it is to late . Bad choice , no one going to the polls in red states will vote for a mayor, period.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2019 8:20 PM

They voted for a businessman that’s never even been elected dog catcher.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 12:18 AM

My God what is it with you people? You are so tiresome. Won't vote for him because of Mayor Pete, won't vote for him because of his last name, won't vote for him because of his husband's name.

Doesn't anyone vote on issues anymore?

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 12:23 AM

What's next, won't vote for him because he has a one eyed dog?

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 12:24 AM

They started with the “Mayor Pete” because no one could pronounce his last name. In a few months, no one will be saying Mayor Pete. Everyone will know how to say his name.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 12:26 AM

He's got a lot of goodwill towards him right now. He is announcing at the right time.

Even that cunt Ava DuVernay likes him.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 12:29 AM

Yeah, Ava was retweeting him like crazy yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 12:35 AM

The easiest way to to remember how to say his name is to turn into two words. "Buddha judge". It's not 100% accurate pronunciation, but close enough for government work......

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 1:51 AM

Buttplug or buttipegging is much better. His last name sounds like buttigag.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 2:18 AM

Defeatists or trolls. He's smart to use Mayor Pete. His last name is very difficult for people to remember. They'll eventually remember it but until then, he can be Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 3:14 AM

Nobody votes for people with funny sounding last names.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 3:46 PM

"Mayor Pete" is folksy and homespun. I think it can be appealing to voters.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 4:23 PM

It's catchier than "Buttigieg." I think it works for him. It contributes to the down to earth image.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 4:28 PM

He will not win , Biden will with over 40 percent leading in the polls. I will not vote for him just because he is gay. Wait another ten years.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2019 8:03 PM

I like him and think he's got a better chance than people think.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2019 8:06 PM

Ignore the Chicago Troll. It's Mayor Pete all the way and it's a very endearing name. So there!

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2019 8:12 PM

I like him very much. But he doesn't have snowball's chance in hell of winning. Great to see a gay candidate with such positive energy and backing. He has a future in politics.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2019 8:15 PM

R16 People also thought Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, two people who came out of nowhere, didn't have a chance of winning either - and look what happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2019 8:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!