Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A friend recently went on testosterone

He’s 45 and his doctor put him on testosterone. I don’t think he was deficient— apparently it goes down with age.

He’s now suddenly muscular and hot. He said, despite a lifetime of going to the gym, he had never been anywhere this buff. This has led, of course, to more sex than he had ever had. Men throw themselves at him.

Isn’t there some risk of heart attack with testosterone? Should we all be on this?

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 11:44 PM

He can look forward to BB balls and head hair loss; unwanted hair elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 11:28 PM

On another thread, I posted about my boss going on TT and developed prostate cancer shortly thereafter. Anecdotal for sure but food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 11:35 PM

Does he now fly into uncontrolled rages, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 11:48 PM

I asked my doctor for Testosterone about then years ago, when lifting weights was not producing the same gains as it used to. It made me feel great, ten years younger. My chest hair and pubes grew thicker, but I liked it. Two years later, after I had seen new progress in my fitness routine, my shoulder gave out while bench-pressing. I needed rotator cuff surgery. So, at the surgeon's advice I stopped taking the Testosterone.

I'm now at an age where muscular development is no longer important. I eat smartly and walk every day. Then and again I take a wistful look at pictures of me when I had muscles. I was young then, no turning back now.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 11:51 PM

It makes you insanely horny.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 12:10 AM

Any reputable dr. would advise against testosterone replacement unless there was some overwhelming medical need, which is unlikely. The side effects can be serious like increased heart valve plaque, but worse your balls will shrink to the size of raisins.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 12:13 AM

I’m curious about the difference between OTC and Rx strength levels. Also, with the Rx, do you have to attach (adhesive?) to your balls with all brands? Last time I checked it out it seemed like all Rx level strength TT was applied this way…but that was a relatively long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Yes, it makes you crazy horny. Sex twice daily was not enough.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 12:22 AM

Any reputable doctor who uses TRT should follow protocols that include regular lab monitoring, a course of HCG to prevent testicular atrophy and preserve fertility, and an aromatase inhibitor to prevent the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. I'm 44 and starting my second year on this protocol and have really transformed my body- I have dropped 50 lbs, flattened my stomach and am more aggressive- both sexually and professionally. My insurance covers it and I haven't had any negative side effects- no weird hair growth, my balls are their normal size and my heart and prostate are all doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 6:34 AM

Messing with your body like that never ends well.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 6:35 AM

There was a King Of The Hill episode about this.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 6:57 AM

Aortic Aneurysm. Don't mess with the T.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 7:04 AM

If taken properly and with monitoring your testicles will remain the same size. Body hair may or may not increase and you can keep you head hair.

A lot of mythology springs up because so many people in bodybuilding use too much. A normal amount when needed with have few, if any side effects.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 7:05 AM

And just where do sellers get this testosterone?

Is it a chemical formula or must they have live donors?

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 11:39 AM

R14 they harvest it from the bodies of traveling businessmen.

You may find yourself in a bathtub surrounded by ice with a note.

Sorry. we have taken your testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 1:22 PM

I take the lower-end dosage as the prescribed amount aggravates my sleep apnea, so my overall side effects are minimal but still keeps me in lab range

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 1:27 PM

My doctor injected testosterone into my buttock, R7. He alternated cheeks with every three month shot. I have blood work done every three months; he keeps a good eye on it.

One time a nurse decided she needed some momentum to get the needle through my muscle, so she wound up like a softball player and jammed it into me. I swear my rectum cramped up in that moment. It wasn't a pleasant sensation.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!