Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna is back as "Madame X"

Are you ready?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 22, 2019 2:19 PM

Link not working OP.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 5:56 PM

She's not Madame X, she's Brand X.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 6:00 PM

Thanks for letting me know. It must be an issue with Instagram.

This should work, hopefully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 6:00 PM

I love Madonna but this is just awful! Madame X is trying to be everything but in the end, I fear, amounts to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 6:05 PM

This looks like it could be campy fun. The concept allows Madonna to indulge in her favorite pastimes: playing dress-up and appropriating everything in her path. Plus, the background music is giving me "Bad Girl" vibes, which is one her finest moments.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 6:20 PM

She can’t keep up with the Ariana Grandes and the Billie Eilishes of the world. She should go the Adult contemporary route she took in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 6:21 PM

Who the hell is Billie Eilish?

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 6:23 PM

Gaga already did this with GUY.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 6:26 PM

Agree w/ R4. Love Madonna, but this is just embarrassing. I hope the music winds up being really good, because the campaign is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 6:26 PM

SMDH

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2019 6:27 PM

Looks fun! I'll be open minded and give it a chance!

and OP your original link works fine for me

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2019 6:30 PM

I guess that cult really messed with head after all these years. She has lost one of her greatest skills, to sniff out a hit single.

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2019 6:31 PM

Billie is the new “It” girl person. Huge pop star with following to match. Basically a 17 year Marilyn Manson lite.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2019 6:31 PM

She looks pretty good!

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2019 6:41 PM

Dietrich used to pull this sort of dodge in her later years, before she said "Fuck it, I'll just stay in bed and drink for the rest of my life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2019 6:41 PM

Confessions on a Dancefloor was a LONG time ago.

After so many shit albums, why would she suddenly decide to make a listenable album? Making music people want to hear is no longer her brand and hasn’t been for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Not sure about it. Her voice sounds auto-tuned throughout. And the imagery is stuff she's done before.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2019 6:47 PM

[QUOTE]Dietrich used to pull this sort of dodge in her later years, before she said "Fuck it, I'll just stay in bed and drink for the rest of my life."

There’s still plenty Madonna can do, just not... this. Why can’t she be happy with a huge philanthropic foundation that she runs for four days a week while spending three-day weekends traveling and partying? I’d gladly take that over trying to make appealing music in my 60’s.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2019 6:51 PM

Taylor Swift is coming April 26th. Fuck this deranged old twat.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2019 6:52 PM

Part of me feels bad for her, part of me will always be a fan, part of me wonders why she seems to struggle now. I'm just confused about her.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2019 6:56 PM

The Erotica era was hard to take the first time around - it's gonna be no picnic with grills on false teeth...

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2019 7:12 PM

Whatever happened to that rebel heart shit? It didn't really catch on, did it?

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Madame X? What in I Love Lucy hell??! Xtina already did Madame X to boot. Madge is a washed up joke and again with the grillz at 61. lmfao

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2019 7:20 PM

Only Lana will be Madame X to me.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2019 7:29 PM

That was scary. She looks like a different person from shot to shot, and not in a good way. Her plastic surgery is freakish.

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2019 7:31 PM

R22- Rebel Heart was a strong album. I think it will age well. MDNA on the other hand was awful, up there with American Life. When she’s great, she’s great. And when she’s not...

Time will tell where Madame X stacks up. Does anyone know the release date?

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2019 7:35 PM

My name is Madame X, I’ll be your (fill in the blank) tonight. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2019 7:38 PM

the old hag is sixty-fucking-years-old!!! She looks more like "Madame" than Madonna in 1984.

Retire, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2019 7:39 PM

r19 T Swift from Whoville makes terrible music. She is absolutely nothing compared to peak Madonna .

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2019 7:39 PM

Madame X? More like Mae West in SEXTETTE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2019 7:46 PM

Billy Elish sucks!

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2019 8:05 PM

[RE: 30] Someone once told Mae West in her later years that she could past for 40 and she was furious. What age were you going for they asked... 25 came the answer...

by Anonymousreply 32April 14, 2019 8:17 PM

Apparently there's cover of 'The Boy is Mine' with Lillain Gish

by Anonymousreply 33April 14, 2019 8:22 PM

God knows listening to Madonna pass gas for 45 minutes would be preferable to one play of "Made For Now."

Then again, Madonna passing gas DOES sound like "Made for Now."

by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2019 8:37 PM

Madonna is NO Lana Turner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 14, 2019 8:41 PM

That's some serious klieg light she has going on in her latest photos. BLAST that contrast! Blast for days!

How dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2019 8:53 PM

"My name is Pita - like the bread!"

Check out Jennifer Aniston's original nose!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2019 9:00 PM

17 year old Billy Eilish will be 'Billy Who?' in 5 years. Put that in your calendars, friends. These people are not the caliber of Madonna, Prince, Michael Jackson, Freddy Mercury, and George Michael whose careers spanned decades. Those megastars will be few and far between given the dramatic shifts in the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2019 9:14 PM

This should make the gays crème.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2019 9:18 PM

Cute.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2019 9:24 PM

I was watching some of her old videos last night. True Blue, Cherish, Open Your Heart. Such a fascinating and beautiful woman. The best pop has to offer. I don't know who this woman is now. Not even getting into the music or her as a person now, I just can't look at that fucked up face. I can not get over how she fucked up such a unique, stunning face. Watching the videos last night reminded me how much she destroyed it. I was able to almost ignore it up until the MDNA tour...it's just so bad now. Never thought she'd be one to do this...and so extreme.

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2019 9:35 PM

I don't know. I wish she'd hang up the sex stuff for good. Just make good music without the costumes and the gimmicks.

I'm guessing there will be a single coming out this week, maybe? I read the album itself is being released in May, so assume there must be a single soon. Plus, she's supposed to be singing a new song at Eurovision in a month.

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2019 9:46 PM

Here's hoping the Eurovision thing isn't a disaster. It's watched all over the world, so as a first appearance it would destroy the promo for the new album.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2019 10:00 PM

Can anything be as bad as 2012's "Give eMe All Your Luvin'"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2019 10:05 PM

Is she going to be FAT at Eurovision? Bloated, and stuffed with plastic in her huge grannydashian ass?

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2019 10:06 PM

She’s not me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2019 10:19 PM

When I first saw this Madame X thing, my first thought went to...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2019 10:20 PM

Embarrassing. And Gaga already did the spy thing with G.U.Y.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2019 10:22 PM

Gladys George and Lana Turner did it better.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2019 10:22 PM

Marilyn Martin did it better in 1985.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2019 10:27 PM

Looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2019 10:34 PM

r44 that song really killed her Superbowl performance. Right in the dead middle. She had the audience with Vogue, Music...then it just died. Over 3 minutes wasted on it. I think it also overall ruined the legacy of that performance. Such a shame. So many classics and that was thrown front and center. As if anyone bought tickets to the tour because of that song lol.

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2019 10:39 PM

Give Me All Your Luvin' is an OK tune. I love the the video because it is uncanny valley spooky with the CGI and whatever voodoo magic made her look like her old self. My complaint is the production - sound is tinny, whereas it should have been gritty and more rock.

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2019 10:50 PM

Wonder how many times her pussy has prolapsed?

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2019 11:06 PM

R51: so Sunset Boulevard.

by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2019 11:07 PM

That pompous preview mess at R3 is virtually indistinguishable from the parody at R37. Julie Brown could have fun with this too.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2019 11:13 PM

2003's MAD-TV parody was barely a parody. Madonna was already parodying herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2019 11:29 PM

MAD-TV 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2019 11:30 PM

2003 was a great year for lampooning Madge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2019 11:32 PM

I think her biggest problem is that she walked away from WB. They were the only ones who had the power to say no to her worst impulses. Now she just does whatever she wants with worse and worse results.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2019 11:39 PM

Did she get old lady eyes, or is it drugs, or lack of life force, or what? They aren't the same at all, weird color and glassine.

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2019 11:43 PM

Well, Madonna is really Gladys George now.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2019 11:44 PM

Also, this reminds me of the pretentious "revolutionary" videos she was making a few years ago - about how she was a revolutionary and an artist - just all over the map and no substance.

In the long list of who madame x is, she fails to mention "old lady" or "granny". Student!? Really now?

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2019 11:47 PM

This bitch is like the Joe Biden of the music world.

Know when to step aside.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2019 11:47 PM

Joe Biden would be the perfect boyfriend for Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2019 11:49 PM

I’m looking forward to hearing the new music

by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2019 11:55 PM

Madame X dolls and Madame X lip kits and Madame X fashions and Madame X children’s books

by Anonymousreply 67April 15, 2019 12:04 AM

Her next look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 15, 2019 12:52 AM

She wants to be Lana Del Rey now.

by Anonymousreply 69April 15, 2019 2:58 AM

She wants attention and she wants to be able to pull off a massive $tour$. Let's not forget this, like any other modern day album release, is to support a tour. Her tour #'s grew from Drowned World Tour through Sticky & Sweet. The last two have each gone down in revenue. It seemed like she was grooming her fans for 'intimate' shows after The Rebel Heart Tour but her ego probably got the best of her. So now she's going all out and hoping for a big hit that will translate to big ticket sales. All that matters is the music...that she releases an AMAZING dance anthem. We know it probably won't be a big mainstream hit but at least something that excites her fan base and doesn't split them in half...basically like every release post confessions. Can't say I expect much at this point...

by Anonymousreply 70April 15, 2019 3:34 AM

The money is that important to her?

by Anonymousreply 71April 15, 2019 3:38 AM

Turn Up The Radio is her best song

by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2019 5:07 AM

Turn Up The Radio was definitely the most single worthy song of of MDNA. It blew my mind after hearing it that she didn't make it the first single. It was new but still had the old school Madonna vibes back when her music was fun, joyful, and she wasn't trying so hard. What radio station wouldn't want to play a catchy song about turning up a radio a chance?

by Anonymousreply 73April 15, 2019 5:16 AM

^^wouldn't want to GIVE a song about

by Anonymousreply 74April 15, 2019 5:17 AM

^ It's a harmless little pop song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 15, 2019 5:17 AM

More like Madame EXCREMENT!

by Anonymousreply 76April 15, 2019 5:19 AM

Madame X

ex

former

has-been

by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2019 5:34 AM

What does Madonna's pussy smell like?

Depends

Old Joke

by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2019 5:44 PM

She seems to be recycling all her old looks: wedding dress virgin, Vegas cowgirl, Erotica dominatrix, Borderline spray painting street urchin, Evita...

Maybe she's Xperiencing a second childhood.

by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2019 5:49 PM

It seems like she's trying too hard again. Recently, it's like she goes from trying too hard - like Rebel Heart - or not trying Hard enough - like MDNA and Hard Candy. Just make some good music, Madge, and let your body "go with the flow".

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2019 5:55 PM

She’s doing it right this time. It’s an international even every time she releases a song or album.

by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2019 6:42 PM

The stupid whore just posted the Lithuanian flag instead of Columbian. They she tried to correct it and got it wrong again.

by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2019 7:26 PM

More like Madame XYY...

by Anonymousreply 83April 15, 2019 7:32 PM

Apparently, the first single is Medellin. With Maluma. No idea who Maluma is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 15, 2019 7:48 PM

The problem with Turn Up The Radio is barely anyone under thirty even knows what a radio is these days.

I admit it's a great song but it was never going to be a hit. For kids these days she might as well have been singing about bopping around the gramophone.

by Anonymousreply 85April 15, 2019 7:59 PM

"Turn up the Wireless."

by Anonymousreply 86April 15, 2019 8:01 PM

Maluma has BILLIONS of youtube views. Hello? Well poor Madge, late to the party but desperate. Shakira got 2 billion views a few years ago with Maluma. It's all autotune by the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 15, 2019 8:01 PM

Maluma, young enough to be Madonna's son. Born when Madonna was 36.

by Anonymousreply 88April 15, 2019 8:05 PM

I dont see a problem with the age difference other than Madonna probably perves all over him in the video, which will indeed be gross.

by Anonymousreply 89April 15, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]Maybe she's Xperiencing a second childhood.

More like early onset dementia!

by Anonymousreply 90April 15, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]More like Madame XYY...

Madame KY!

by Anonymousreply 91April 15, 2019 8:07 PM

Madame Xcruciating

by Anonymousreply 92April 15, 2019 8:08 PM

I wish she would do a hit of “X” and record her words and turn it into a song.

by Anonymousreply 93April 15, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]Embarrassing. And Gaga already did the spy thing with G.U.Y.

What spy thing? The video seems to be about angels. In any case Gaga most definitely did not invent anything new in that video, and not much elsewhere either. That said Madonna certainly has been a huge appropriator from the start, as well.

[quote]The money is that important to her?

It's always been about more than money with Madonna. She has a huge drive to be at the top, and she certainly achieved that. However pop music is not kind for older people which is why her glory days are long gone now. I don't mind her being around at all but all the super sexy stuff seems really weird at this point. Especially because she fucked up her face with too much plastic surgery.

I understand why some musicians keep going until they die, I mean that's what they've done their whole lives. However it starts getting really sad at some point, although that probably tells more about me than them. I've seen Depeche Mode a few times over the years and it was almost dreaful seeing them last year. The lead singer Dave Gahan is looking old and super rough these days and yet he keeps doing those sexy moves on stage. I've been a huge fan since my early teens in the 80s but I've been ready to leave them behind for quite some time now. Their last album was quite shitty as well. Sometimes you just have to move on.

I've never been a huge Madonna fan but I've enjoyed some of her stuff a lot. Especially Confessions on a Dancefloor. I also loved Girls Gone Wild. Her attempts to look and act super young seem desperate. And yet I understand why she keeps doing it. She reminds me of those gods in American Gods who wither and die if people forget them. She needs the adoration, the masses of fans telling her they love her.

Still, like someone mentioned playing dress-up works for her but she has to be wise about it. No more super sexy vixens, Maddie. You only look like Mae West in her last years. I've said it before and I say it again: a not too sexy Veronica Electronica-like character from Frozen era would work great with her now.

by Anonymousreply 94April 15, 2019 8:48 PM

This Wednesday the 1st single n video will be premiered . Nothing has been leaked yet

by Anonymousreply 95April 15, 2019 8:50 PM

Except the fillers from her face.

by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2019 8:52 PM

Pre-cringing for Wednesday. I wish she'd give up the sexual angle (since she's morphed herself into a plastic surgery ghoul) and go back to her 'enlightened' phase a la Ray Of Light. This is what happen when you cut your oldest and most honest friends out of your life.

by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2019 9:09 PM

Can't wait! She's still giving it her all and expressing herself, as always. Didn't realize there were so many Elton Johns on this site haha.

by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]It's always been about more than money with Madonna. She has a huge drive to be at the top, and she certainly achieved that. However pop music is not kind for older people which is why her glory days are long gone now. I don't mind her being around at all but all the super sexy stuff seems really weird at this point. Especially because she fucked up her face with too much plastic surgery.

For many music fans, act this point, she's a nostalgia act. For many of her original fans, they've moved on. now they listen to real music. Face it, she cannot actually sing.

To put that nail in her coffin, Madonna needs to do a year long Las Vegas residency.

All her facial work actually makes her look older, not younger, she looks like a woman in her 70s with bad plastic surgery and fillers. A friend, a cosmetic derma, has weighed in on this, he thinks she's had terrible work, this is not just my opinion, professionals in the medical field think she looks older than her actual age.

by Anonymousreply 99April 15, 2019 9:29 PM

“She's still giving it her all and expressing herself, as always.”

She never really had much to say.

by Anonymousreply 100April 15, 2019 9:31 PM

R93, Ultramarine's incredible "Saratoga" is on the September 1993 GAP In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 15, 2019 9:32 PM

Few people still care about Madonna.

She's done everything she's wanted to do, except get that Oscar, which would be difficult, as she has zero acting ability.

Madonna is not an icon in the sense of multi-talented performers like Cher, Diana Ross and Bette Midler, those women can also act. Most people know Cher won an Oscar. Bette and Diana always received positive reviews for their acting. IIRC, Dian Ross was also nominated for an Oscar for her role as Billie Holiday.

Cher and Bette are funny women. Lots of younger fans have no idea Cher had a hit variety show with her late ex-Sonny Bono, where she performed in many classic comedic sketches. Madonna doesn't have any sense of humor, there's nothing funny or charming about her. Madonna has always reminded me of a robot.

Madonna needs retire and actually enjoy her millions, not continue grasping fr attention. I'm sure during all her years of touring she's never actually spent a lot of time actually enjoying the sights in all the cities she's toured in.

Time for this tedious diva to hang it up. She's an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 102April 15, 2019 9:33 PM

There is no there there with Madonna. She’s just white trash who rebelled against catholicism. But she was and remains a rebel without a clue. Or a soul. I think she might be on the spectrum. Something is profoundly off about her.

by Anonymousreply 103April 15, 2019 9:38 PM

I don't think Madonna CAN retire, or stop with the sex-kitten nonsense. It's all she knows. And what would she do? She seems to have no friends, she has no life partner or boyfriend / girlfriend, and her adopted children seem to be the only companions she has. Wandering lonely around her many enormous, pricey homes with bursting bank accounts yet nobody to share her success and spoils with would be the end of her. I wouldn't doubt she drinks a lot now, and is likely on meds for pain management and possibly other issues. She really made a pact with the devil for this sort of career and life, and must keep going with the only thing she has done for 40 years.

I don't have much money, but I have a full life and lots of love. That sounds painfully cliched, but it's true. I only have a couple of good decades left and I would never want to spend them staggeringly wealthy, alone, lonely, trying to recapture my glory days like Delta Dawn.

Why didn't she stay with her Maverick multimedia business? Nurturing and developing new and up-and-coming talent seemed like a natural progression for her, using her savvy business / marketing skills and putting her name behind projects. After her last marriage fell apart, so did she.

by Anonymousreply 104April 15, 2019 9:39 PM

Not sure what she should be doing, but it’s not this.

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2019 9:51 PM

Google Images reveals Senor Maluma to be nipplelicious!

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2019 9:58 PM

Seeing her try to bring back all these looks at this point is just pathetic. It would have been great when she was still valid...but she was too busy mocking all that stuff while her legacy slowly died. I remember the original concept for the Beautiful Stranger video was actually something similar to what she seems to be doing now. It would have been excellent back then. Now it's just a last ditch effort to suck some fans back in. Oh well. She'll still make money and life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2019 9:59 PM

The hate either fuels her or she simply ignores it and continues on. Ageists..ugh. Polarizing figure in modern pop culture history that continues to spark interest/detest. So she's doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2019 10:20 PM

Go to the light, Madge.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2019 10:24 PM

Ageists?

Right. We're all just ageists. Mm hmm...

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2019 10:27 PM

We get it. You don't like her. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2019 10:29 PM

She hurts my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 112April 15, 2019 10:30 PM

She destroyed Turn Up the Radio. It was handed to her. She didn’t write it. The demo by the original artist was a million times better.

by Anonymousreply 113April 15, 2019 10:34 PM

She's going bananas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 15, 2019 10:34 PM

"Nothing Really Matters" is on the May 1998 GAP In-Store Playlist!

What a great era for Madonna! And GAP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 15, 2019 10:35 PM

And now she doesn't matter anymore.

:(

by Anonymousreply 116April 15, 2019 10:36 PM

Ugh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 15, 2019 10:37 PM

When she's not filled with Satan, she looks empty.

by Anonymousreply 118April 15, 2019 10:43 PM

I love it when septuagenerians start braying about madonna, how she never had any talent, Bette Midler is a real deal, and similar nonsense. Bette Midler, as fun as she used to be was never a cultural game changer and for all your trying to rewrite history, Madonna did and did it worldwide and not only in NYC bathhouses. I know the 80s youth culture flew over your heads since you were closeted 30-somethings living in the Midwest but you should really give it a rest. Come to think about it, did you experience *any* pop culture in your youth?

by Anonymousreply 119April 15, 2019 10:44 PM

Sick burn r119.

by Anonymousreply 120April 15, 2019 10:48 PM

Oh, good. When I saw the title of this thread I was afraid the old skank was going to do a remake of the film. The world has been suffering too much to withstand another Madonna movie.

by Anonymousreply 121April 15, 2019 10:49 PM

Is someone blackmailing Madge to look like and do all this? Did she murder someone?

by Anonymousreply 122April 15, 2019 10:51 PM

Well she's no Lana Turner.

by Anonymousreply 123April 15, 2019 10:55 PM

It's fascinating whenever Madonna comes up and people start screeching about how she, "needs to retire." Why? Because you say so?

And the fact that she doesn't, seems to piss these people off even more.

Why does anyone even care if she retires or not? You're welcome to hate her, obviously, but somehow I doubt anyone is forcing you to listen to, watch, or come into threads about her. So how does her retiring or not retiring impact your life in anyway?

That being said, isn't the Madame X thing just another version of her Sex book? Wasn't that also based on a bunch of different characters?

by Anonymousreply 124April 15, 2019 11:05 PM

Zzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 125April 15, 2019 11:06 PM

Madonna "wrote" a few books but has read very few. Alas.

by Anonymousreply 126April 15, 2019 11:13 PM

Madonna is the new Frances Farmer.

by Anonymousreply 127April 15, 2019 11:16 PM

I can't wait. I don't know who this Maluma person is, but I hope it's not RAP. If it's rap I'm probably done. I hate rap. I don't want rap in my Madinna music. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 128April 15, 2019 11:22 PM

People have been saying she’s over since 1984 after Lucky Star came out...

Her first big defying moment was “Like a Virgin” on the 1st annual MTV Video Music Awards. She’s been Madonna ever since.

by Anonymousreply 129April 15, 2019 11:24 PM

She's a humorless narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 130April 15, 2019 11:33 PM

[quote]I love it when septuagenerians start braying about madonna, how she never had any talent, Bette Midler is a real deal, and similar nonsense. Bette Midler, as fun as she used to be was never a cultural game changer and for all your trying to rewrite history, Madonna did and did it worldwide and not only in NYC bathhouses. I know the 80s youth culture flew over your heads since you were closeted 30-somethings living in the Midwest but you should really give it a rest. Come to think about it, did you experience *any* pop culture in your youth?

Well, wrong on ALL your bitter amateur psycho-babble. I'm a native New Yorker, I've been out since my teens. I come from a creative artistic family of actual visual artists and musicians. I was never closeted. I went to my first rock concert at 11. I've always been surrounded by music and actual creative people. Madonna sure isn't one.

Rewrite history, doll you haven't a fucking clue! Madonna using others ideas to get famous doesn't make her any sort of "cultural game changer", just a very good marketeer who knew to steal from the best and then sell her re-packaged schtick to unaware young people.

NONE of her imagery and ideas were original, she even even stole from famous photographers such as Guy Bourdin. How abut her S&M photos, seriously? Bettie Page did that in the 1950s! Madonna hasn't one original bone in her body.

I was actually a part of the NYC music scene when Madonna was trying to claw her mid-West hands into it. I've always worked in various areas of the music business, I closely watched Madonna's trajectory in the NYC club scene. Sadly she tried to be a rock drummer, we all laughed.

This woman was never very nice, only to people she needed to use to help her. Danceteria DJ Mark Kamins was a sad case, she fucked him to get her crap music played at Danceteria. She fucked any man she thought could help her. If she was as strong, powerful and original as you think she is, she would not have gone the typical patriarchal route to stardom. She still needed important MEN to help her on her fame quest. This fact seems totally lost on so many of her drooling fans.

Years ago, Madonna actually admitted in print interviews, she simply wanted to get famous, that she would do anything to get fame. Her focus was not to hone any particular talent, it was all about doing something which would make her famous. She got lucky with music. Deep down she know sshe cannot technically sing.

She knew she sure couldn't make millions as a dancer, especially as she didn't have the chops to become a famous ballet dancer. That seems to be the only area of dancing where someone can garner fame, ballet or to become a famous choreographer, once again, she had little talent for that.

Get actual facts before you argue about any subject.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 15, 2019 11:52 PM

I was always was turned off by her coarseness and vulgarity: she had that Courtney Love thing going on; painfully undereducated and straining in vain to sound smart.

by Anonymousreply 132April 15, 2019 11:54 PM

MORE typical Madonna plagiarism. The fact that she's so in-your-face about who she steals from is downright laughable. Every person she steals from can easily be researched!

Her video for 'Hollywood' is a blatant copy of Guy Bourdin's photos. Thankfully, his son sued her and won the lawsuit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 15, 2019 11:56 PM

I was always turned on by her coarseness and vulgarity.

by Anonymousreply 134April 15, 2019 11:56 PM

She was ripping off Guy Bourdin for YEARS! Even for her RAIN video! This was in 1993 before the Hollywood video.

Guy's original photo was from 1976!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 15, 2019 11:59 PM

July 2003 was her big "A New Groove" campaign for GAP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2019 12:02 AM

She REALLY wanted "Hollywood" to be a real hit, didn't she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2019 12:04 AM

Did Madonna inspire the movie Get Out? She's always stealin' black folks' mojo.

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2019 12:11 AM

R33 thanks for the laugh! :)

by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2019 12:20 AM

She's the anti triple threat, can't act, sing or dance.

by Anonymousreply 140April 16, 2019 12:24 AM

This is the rare thread where GAP PLAYLIST TROLL's lobotomized cheery-dreary contributions seem apropos.

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2019 12:26 AM

Well, she’s certainly too old for Sunset Boulevard at this point. But then again, so is the alternative.

by Anonymousreply 142April 16, 2019 12:34 AM

I can't stand ageism or sexism. It was amazing witnessing her defy her age after 40. Her tours got more and more energetic. She was unstoppable. Watching her do "Vogue" then "Nobody Knows Me" on The Reinvention Tour...NO ONE at any age can do that. She ran around for almost 2 hours on Sticky and Sweet. Watching her get dragged across the stage and dance like crazy during Girl Gone Wild on MDNA...truly phenomenal. Flashing her tit on stage in a muslim country? PERFECT. Anyone who mocked her for her age was an idiot. An absolute idiot. But something changed over these past few years. It just all feels forced now. I dunno, I can't really put it into words. A 60yo shouldn't have a smooth face like that. It just looks ridiculous. That Drake kiss was just off. The things she's doing now are not what 'Madonna' would have done.

by Anonymousreply 143April 16, 2019 12:36 AM

There's a glitch in her MK Ultra programming.

by Anonymousreply 144April 16, 2019 1:05 AM

The thing is the '90s was when Madonna was doing a lot of stuff that she could be doing now - running Maverick, producing films, singing about enlightenment and the cost of fame.

She's regressed.

r143 makes some great points. The last two or three years, something has really changed in Madonna. Was it turning 60 or does she have some health issue we don't know about? She seems very slow and unsure of herself nowadays. Everything seems automated. Like someone said above, she is like a robot. Press one button, she'll say "Hey motherfuckers". Press another it's some lame plea to save the world.

by Anonymousreply 145April 16, 2019 1:49 AM

She’s run out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 146April 16, 2019 1:52 AM

[quote]She's the anti triple threat, can't act, sing or dance.

BEST post in the thread...thanks for the laugh! 😀 😁 😂 🤣 😃 😄😀 😁 😂 🤣 😃 😄😀 😁 😂 🤣 😃 😄

by Anonymousreply 147April 16, 2019 2:00 AM

II love all of the haters who are so preoccupied with the return of Madame X. She’s such a tough cookie this only gives her more adrenaline to launch her artistry. Keep fulfilling your purpose and I’ll enjoy the greatness this new era represents. She’s looking absolutely fantastic physically and her creativity looks to be on point this time around. Things are looking up!

by Anonymousreply 148April 16, 2019 2:10 AM

If she were smart, she wouldn't release any new music and do a greatest hits tour or show in Vegas focusing heavily on '83-'90 and make people remember why they're fans.

by Anonymousreply 149April 16, 2019 2:14 AM

Madame X....

LAX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2019 2:18 AM

Is she gonna wrap an extension cord around her face again?

by Anonymousreply 151April 16, 2019 2:27 AM

She's literally old enough to be one of The Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 152April 16, 2019 2:30 AM

I love how much she pisses you guys off.

by Anonymousreply 153April 16, 2019 2:33 AM

Her children hate her. She's having a narcissistic meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2019 2:43 AM

But I think this is my favorite Madonna video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2019 2:50 AM

Not every one is pissed off. The clowns that comment how she's a granny, no talent, etc have been saying that forever. That's the best they can do. They're just as bad as the people who think she's still "Madonna". Because she's not. I'd never have been a fan of hers if she had always been behaving like she is now. I don't respect it on anyone else and never have. Getting crazy face work, wearing wigs and extensions all the time, releasing song after song that are ok at best, engaging with internet trolls, sharing way too much on IG....these are all things Madonna never did. (Yes, I know she wore wigs on occasion but not like she does now.) The woman is almost the polar opposite of who she was. And none of it is an improvement or growth. Not one thing. I mean look at who she was from Ray Of Light through American Life. And now. It's unfortunate. Watching her on stage dressed as a clown singing horrible, sad renditions of Holiday and Express Yourself. So bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2019 3:45 AM

Madge off HER LID!

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2019 4:06 AM

She better start working on a Vegas residency STAT.

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2019 4:17 AM

Oof, Madonna is a couple years late with Maluma.

He hasn't nearly as big as he was a couple years ago. Those gay rumors, misogynistic songs/attitude, and egotistical remarks knocked him down a peg. Bad Bunny and J Balvin are bigger and favorable than Maluma, maybe Ozuna too but it hasn't been that long since that alleged video and murder rumor.

However it is hilarious that Maluma is still basically just doing everything Ricky Martin did 20 years ago, but is failing to break into the US charts like he, J Balvin, Bad Bunny, and Ozuna did.

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2019 4:20 AM

"I'm Salley O'Malley, and I'm..." 60!

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2019 4:37 AM

The grills are unforgivable

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2019 5:04 AM

^Basic.

by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2019 5:13 AM

Why is Madonna obsessed with those ridiculous grills. She looks like a hag in them.

by Anonymousreply 163April 16, 2019 5:22 AM

R143 menopause?

by Anonymousreply 164April 16, 2019 5:46 AM

[quote]She fucked any man she thought could help her.

Says the queen who was sucking anonymous cock through holes in public toilets.

by Anonymousreply 165April 16, 2019 6:00 AM

So Madonna has made a new album with malamutes?

Do they just bark, howl and growl in the background as she sings?

by Anonymousreply 166April 16, 2019 6:20 AM

Really, fucking Mark Kamins couldn't have been all that bad, or Jellybean for that matter. Fucking the two biggest DJs in NYC is kind of an accomplishment in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 167April 16, 2019 6:25 AM

Maybe something happened when she fell on her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 16, 2019 6:32 AM

It just must kill her that Gaga sort of runs the pop world. Maybe not as big as Swift or Ariana, but so much more respected.

by Anonymousreply 169April 16, 2019 6:51 AM

And yet r131, she's one of the most famous women in the world and you're on here spouting off long diatribes about her.

I don't understand people like you. Madonna had massive cultural impact whether you like it or not. Why even argue about it? Does her unprecedented success chap your ass that bad?

by Anonymousreply 170April 16, 2019 6:53 AM

Gaga is Vegas has been act now

by Anonymousreply 171April 16, 2019 6:59 AM

R168 she recovered quite nicely.

by Anonymousreply 172April 16, 2019 6:59 AM

Lady who?

by Anonymousreply 173April 16, 2019 7:00 AM

Gaga's back catalogue is an embarrassment for someone whos supposedly so respected, and she does not have the international fanbase that Madonna does. Hence, the need for a Vegas residency.

by Anonymousreply 174April 16, 2019 7:09 AM

Who keeps trying to bring up Lady Fuckface here?

BCoop?

by Anonymousreply 175April 16, 2019 7:15 AM

Because she's a try-hard fug wannabe. Let those things cling on to her til she's non-existent or does some more dumb shit she think is art. And then we can laugh at her again.

by Anonymousreply 176April 16, 2019 7:17 AM

I'm worried that the first single is a duet. Has she ever had a decent one? 4 minutes was very successful, but it sucked, and I believed it helped damage her reputation in the long run.

Although she does Latin music quite well -- La Isla Bonita, Who's that Girl, Spanish Eyes, Lo Que Siente la Mujer. It's actually been quite some time she's done it.

by Anonymousreply 177April 16, 2019 7:26 AM

Just wait bitches and judge it too death later.

by Anonymousreply 178April 16, 2019 7:30 AM

I forget I'm dealing with Eldergays. You're preprogrammed to hate anything that didn't originate in 1981. No biggie.

Gaga is one of the biggest pop stars right now. ASIB has sold 4 million copies - huge these days. Shallow is a monster hit. We can all love Madonna. I do. But I also dig Gaga. Acting like it's still 2014 (when she was on the outs for sure) and she hasn't had a crazy successful resurgence is just silly.

by Anonymousreply 179April 16, 2019 7:36 AM

how trite and unoriginal, the phrase 'madame x' has been used thousands of times over the centurys to describe discreet whores.

next...

her concerts are dam good tho, the oldies are funz

by Anonymousreply 180April 16, 2019 7:36 AM

R179 you're probably the eldergay thinking you're down with the kids for liking Gaga, when it was really only the soccer moms buying the soundtrack and fingering themselves to Bradley. She won't have him holding her hand for her next project.

by Anonymousreply 181April 16, 2019 7:41 AM

Like it or not...I'm coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 16, 2019 7:50 AM

I think most aging/aged stars coast on their previous heyday. Madonna's rise to fame was entwined with sexual imagery, that is not so viable as a face lifted society matron of 60. If this Madame X is a whore she'd have to be a very specialist one , most clients would make their excuses if she peered out from the red light. Most older stars give up on sensuality, but then most don't play on it to the extent Madonna did and those who do don't last or end up looking like Angelyne or Madonna. I don't think sexism or ageism come into it, as a 60 year old man trying to keep up with the kids would be just as ludicrous. Before I'm dismissed as an eldergay, I'd like to point out that would make Madonna Jurassic.

by Anonymousreply 183April 16, 2019 9:26 AM

So will Madame X make an appearance at the Old Kuntz nursing home from what it feels like for a girl? Where she gets to play the "whore" role and service a line of elderly men allowing them to nut for maybe the last time?

by Anonymousreply 184April 16, 2019 9:59 AM

R75 She has a uniboob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 16, 2019 10:53 AM

... to go with her cardboard box butt implants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 16, 2019 10:54 AM

Here's a fantastic blog about Madonna's plagiarism over the years. It will blow your mind. She's original huh? Most of her fans haven't got a clue!

Read this blog, the people running it have done some amazing research. Read it, then claim she's changed the trajectory of pop music (she might have, but not in a good way!) or whatever fawning nonsense people think about her.

She's "a cultural game changer" my ass. It's difficult to be a true icon, especially when nearly 100% of your ideas come from other people, she even ripped off some lyrics from an old Cat Stevens song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 16, 2019 10:58 AM

[quote]She’s run out of ideas.

Let me CORRECT that for you...she getting tired of STEALING OTHERS IDEAS.

by Anonymousreply 188April 16, 2019 11:06 AM

Also R188 who could she steal from now who who suit her as the current dowager she is.

by Anonymousreply 189April 16, 2019 11:09 AM

She should remake Hollywood Madame with Faye

by Anonymousreply 190April 16, 2019 11:12 AM

"Little Star" sounded great on the November 1998 GAP In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 16, 2019 11:17 AM

Since I don't feel like reading an entire blog at R187, what is a quick breakdown of Madonna stealing?

by Anonymousreply 192April 16, 2019 11:49 AM

she is one of the richest artists in the world

her concerts continue to be at the top in revenue

her art collections is said to be unreal

let her play,,,,,she has earned it.

by Anonymousreply 193April 16, 2019 1:02 PM

All the features on her new album are with known homophobes. Quavo and Anita.

[quote] Says the queen who was sucking anonymous cock through holes in public toilets.

Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 194April 16, 2019 2:26 PM

[quote] her concerts continue to be at the top in revenue

They’re going down each time and she can only tour because Live Nation owns contracts with the venues.

by Anonymousreply 195April 16, 2019 2:27 PM

[quote]Since I don't feel like reading an entire blog at [R187], what is a quick breakdown of Madonna stealing?

I took a quick look. Right from the start of the article the writers blame her for the destruction of the careers of other female artists of the time (Pat Benatar, Lisa Stansfield, Cindy Lauper, Heart). Apparently media only followed Madonna and other female stars were forgotten which obliterated their careers. Now, that's logic you can't beat.

by Anonymousreply 196April 16, 2019 3:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 16, 2019 5:55 PM

I had no expectations for Rebel Heart and loved some of the tracks: Devil Pray, Joan of Arc, Ghosttown, Hold Tight, Wash All Over Me. There were some really pretty vocals on Body Shop.

So no expectations here. Just looking forward to having some new Madonna music.

by Anonymousreply 198April 16, 2019 7:20 PM

I was so hoping this was to be yet another remake of the classic Alexandre Bisson play....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 16, 2019 7:30 PM

Too bad she can't muster the subtlety of her precursor in name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 16, 2019 7:46 PM

I’d love to listen to an album of her unreleased songs from different eras, she’s got a hundred of them in the vault. Whatever dreck this latest album will turn out to be, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 201April 16, 2019 8:18 PM

At least her old demo-ish crap has charm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 16, 2019 9:36 PM

Gaga? LMAO. The 3 hit wonder? Doesn't Paula Abdul even have a better Billboard record? Madonna has more classics on her first 2 records than she does her whole career. The True Blue album alone has more genuine hits. Social media and her rabid, vile cult have been trying to give the illusion she is bigger than she is. How many bomb songs has she had since Bad Romance like 10 years ago? Lol. I don't even care for the Madonna as of late but I won't let her scum cult members rewrite history. These clowns are still trying as hard as she is to be a 'thing'. Grow up. Get some standards. Try to teach that woman how to dance or something. Or is she too busy with her repug parents pretending she just loves the q's and t's? Lol mess.

by Anonymousreply 203April 16, 2019 10:17 PM

Madonna would have loved to have co-starred in a movie like ASIB with Bradley Cooper. The success of the film and soundtrack really got under Madonna's skin.

by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2019 11:09 PM

Album cover art and track list are out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2019 11:12 PM

The auto tune is disgusting on that preview clip OP posted

by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2019 11:16 PM

I like the simplicity of the cover.

by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2019 11:21 PM

She can never fix her busted lower lip now. Such bad work, and with all her money!

by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2019 11:22 PM

Does the cover have the glitchy effect in the font? That's slightly cool.

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote] How many bomb songs has she had since Bad Romance like 10 years ago?

9 top ten hits since Bad Romance and Shallow went #1 in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2019 11:24 PM

R205 could be fake. No official Apple Music link.

by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2019 11:25 PM

This cover photo is a nice change from her recent Chinese Isabella Rossellini look.

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2019 11:31 PM

R211 Very likely. A Madonna obsessive friend texted that twitter link to me. I googled and see a lot of fan sites and similar reporting that Apple Music showed the track list and credits, but I haven't seen an actual Apple Music link (I don't use it, so can't look myself).

Rumored credits:

Medellin: Madonna Ciccone, Mirwais Ahmadzai, Maluma Londono & Barrera

Dark Ballet: Madonna Ciccone & Mirwais Ahmadzai

God Control: Madonna Ciccone & Mirwais Ahmadzai

Future: Madonna Ciccone, Thomas Pentz, Brittany Talia Hazzard & Quavious Keyate Marshall

Batuka: Madonna Ciccone, Banda & Mirwais Ahmadzai

Killers Who Are Partying: Madonna Ciccone & Mirwais Ahmadzai

Crave: Madonna Ciccone, Khalif Malik Ibn Shaman Brown & Brittany Talia Hazzard

Crazy: Jason Evigan, Madonna Ciccone & Brittany Talia Hazzard

Come Alive: Jeff Bhasker, Madonna Ciccone & Brittany Talia Hazzard

Extreme Occident: Madonna Ciccone & Mirwais Ahmadzai

Faz Gostoso: Carmo, Nuno, Oliveira, Seabra, Vieira, Rodrigues & Madonna Ciccone

Loca: Madonna Ciccone, L. D'Elia, Maluma Londono, Barrera, JAMES, Rodriguez & Stiven Rojas

I Don't Search I Find: Madonna Ciccone & Mirwais Ahmadzai

Looking For Mercy: Madonna Ciccone & Brittany Talia Hazzard

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2019 11:33 PM

That's actually her nicest album cover since Ray of Light.

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2019 11:34 PM

R210 when I say hits, I mean songs that people remember. Billboard means nothing now. Every thing is bought (I know you can't admit that). Madonna Gimme all your lovin also went top 10 so...ya. Only song I recall was her stupid remake of Express Yourself. She's a flop and has desperately tried to reinvent herself time after time. First doing remakes of Jazz songs, then doing a movie remake. Nothing original. Once again, get some standards. There are some great people out there. Not women who get face work done in their 20's and 30's trying to be the beauty she never will be.

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]Since I don't feel like reading an entire blog at [[R187]], what is a quick breakdown of Madonna stealing?

Don't be lazy. C'mon no one is asking you read the entire blog. You don't have to read the entire blog to comprehend the level of Madonna's plagiarism over the years. Use the drop down menu by years and months, and there are lists of all the artists Madonna has ripped-off. Including visual proof, such as the Guy Bourdin photos I linked upthread. The screen caps of Madonna to the right duplicated Guy's poses.

Madonna has ripped off famous visual artists, photographers, screen icons and musicians. That's the just the tip of the iceberg.

Even one of Madonna's makeup artists was interviewed about her plagiarism. The makeup artist admitted that photos from a 1960s photography book were in the background on computer screens during a video shoot. Madonna and her video director were duplicating poses from the book for yet another of her videos. No one is lying about ANY of this.

It seems no matter how much proof is shown to Madonna's fans about her lack of originality, her fans will continue to remain stubborn. Yet the truth IS out there.

by Anonymousreply 216April 16, 2019 11:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 16, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote] Once again, get some standards.

Getting standards would not be an either/or scenario with Gaga and Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 218April 16, 2019 11:50 PM

Let's see. Madonna, more of a trailblazer, massive pop career over decades. Lady Gaga, followed in Madonna's footsteps in many ways, maybe less of an icon though the nicer person. And can actually sing her way out of a paper bag and play piano as well. They kind of cancel each other out from some angles.

by Anonymousreply 219April 17, 2019 12:04 AM

If Madges' album flops I've no doubt because the people of Portugal denied her request for bringing in the horse to a historic building. After all the world exists simply to provide a backdrop for more crap worthy Madge videos. #StupidCunt

by Anonymousreply 220April 17, 2019 12:08 AM

What makes me incredibly sad is how this reeks of desperation. If you watch her Instagram feed it’s somebody who is attempting to remain relevant by how she looks rather than who she is. Imagine being 60 having all that money and a career like no woman has ever had and unable to stop. Unable to enjoy her success. And a face that looks like it’s been strapped to an F16. It’s cringe worthy

by Anonymousreply 221April 17, 2019 12:12 AM

Can't wait! Just like the haters, so they can have something to rag on.

by Anonymousreply 222April 17, 2019 12:19 AM

"Loca"

Is that her cry-for-help song?

by Anonymousreply 223April 17, 2019 12:27 AM

So now she's copying Stevie Nicks with the Madame X cover? Is she covering Gypsy?

by Anonymousreply 224April 17, 2019 12:48 AM

I don't think it's really fair to blame Madonna for destroying Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, Heart and Lisa Stansfield's careers. Heart is a rock band and not really competition for her, Stansfield was a one hit wonder, Pat Benatar's career had run its course by '85, she was quiet for a while and her comeback album was less than stellar and Cyndi Lauper had a moderate second album and her third was a bomb. Pat and Cyndi's material is what their issue was. They didn't have Stephen Brays and Pat Leonards.

by Anonymousreply 225April 17, 2019 1:05 AM

I thought World Federation of Wrestling killed Cyndi's career?

by Anonymousreply 226April 17, 2019 1:07 AM

Cyndi Kauoer's persons killed Cyndi Lauoer's pop career. If anyone needed to be more mysterious and less available and accessible, it was her. That cartoon voice and those retarded antics are what turned her from cool to has-been. No one wanted to be like her and that ability to see yourself in your pop star was not something any teen wanted to do with her.

by Anonymousreply 227April 17, 2019 1:17 AM

Even without the Photoshop, I think Madonna looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 17, 2019 1:28 AM

2nd album cover. Art at its finest. Iconic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 17, 2019 1:35 AM

R229 - You mean reductive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 17, 2019 1:37 AM

Music was better off without this no-talent honky fraud.

by Anonymousreply 231April 17, 2019 1:39 AM

Really it looks cheap to me.

And "cheap" has become a major problem for Madonna in the last 10 years. Look at something like Confessions. Swarovski crystal ball was the entrance, stunning sets, great album design, videos (save for Jump which was a cheap quickie made in Japan).

After Confessions, she really started to get lazy and cheap. The mastering of her last three albums has been horrible, she sounds tinny and compressed. Compare to Bedtime Stories or Ray of Light or Music where the music, vocals and mastering sound rich and dynamic. The artwork has been meh, lazy videos (Bitch I'm Madonna looked like it was made on a smartphone). Her stage shows are still good but nowhere near the grandness of Confessions.

by Anonymousreply 232April 17, 2019 1:40 AM

R232 - I agree with all that, except for the Ghosttown video. That had a rich look to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 17, 2019 1:45 AM

Totally agree R216. Madonna was clearly inspired by my look and sound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 17, 2019 2:10 AM

The single and video are out tmr. Curious to see the new video

by Anonymousreply 235April 17, 2019 2:16 AM

Will Tinkerdonna appear in it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 17, 2019 2:44 AM

Listen... I was a young gayling during Madonna’s zeitgeist in the Like a Prayer/Vogue era. I was obsessed. She was my queen.

Now, thirty years later, if i see she has the fucking grill in her mouth, I am OUT before I even listen to the album.

by Anonymousreply 237April 17, 2019 2:56 AM

And rappers. Let,'s not forget lots and lots of rappers. That'll prove I've still got it.....

by Anonymousreply 238April 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Has Mirwais produced or written for any other artists since Madonna, years ago? Just Madonna and Mirwais on a number of these tracks. Seems odd. Starrah is a good but desperate choice, as it pushes Madonna into the Calvin Harris side of EDM and well, just no.

We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 239April 17, 2019 3:30 AM

And to think Andrew Lloyd Webber once wrote a song for her.

by Anonymousreply 240April 17, 2019 3:32 AM

Sondheim too.

by Anonymousreply 241April 17, 2019 3:32 AM

[quote]I don't think it's really fair to blame Madonna for destroying Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, Heart and Lisa Stansfield's careers. Heart is a rock band and not really competition for her, Stansfield was a one hit wonder, Pat Benatar's career had run its course by '85, she was quiet for a while and her comeback album was less than stellar and Cyndi Lauper had a moderate second album and her third was a bomb. Pat and Cyndi's material is what their issue was. They didn't have Stephen Brays and Pat Leonards.

I actually don't care about that aspect of that anti-Madonna blog. I DO care about Madonna's never-ending outright plagiarism over the years, which her fans have either been clueless about or they simply do not care. They need someone to worship, for them, its her. To them, she does no wrong.

It's obvious, a large majority of her fans do not seem to know ANY of the people she's ripped off...other than obvious icons as Marilyn Monroe and Garbo. Most of her fans would have NO clue who photographers Guy Bourdin and Charles Gatewood were. Her SEX books looks like a lot of Gatewood's gritty S&M photos.

Madonna's fans do truly think her ideas are original, they are like Trumpsters, they will fight tooth & nail to defend her. The truth is right in front of them, yet they ignore it. These types of Madonna fans are impressed by what they think she created. They would have never done the amount of research those bloggers did.

Face facts, Madonna doesn't have one original bone in her body. I'm not insulting her looks or age, I could give a shit about any of that. Sure, I joke about her looks and age, that she's still grasping for attention, when she should be enjoying her success. He looks and age are not her main problems as an artist. Her total lack of originality, and her outright PLAGIARISM, have always bothered me about her.

Madonna has always been completely disingenuous. She's always been selling her fans some other artist's ideas, re-packaged for a clueless audience of groveling consumers.

by Anonymousreply 242April 17, 2019 4:00 AM

She's surely not the only artist to have ripped off other artists. From what I've read, she 'borrows' ideas and concepts, and when faced with lawsuits, just pays up after the fact. I've no doubt that's standard practice. But this who Madame X thing, coming from a diehard fan, seriously does reek of desperation. Lose the costumes and the gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 243April 17, 2019 4:07 AM

I like Madonna but her music really doesn’t hold up. Not one of her hits has crossed the 100 million mark on YouTube. Her songs don’t get the commercial treatment that Michael Jacksons or Elvis’ songs get either. They will die with Madonnas generation most likely.

by Anonymousreply 244April 17, 2019 4:11 AM

Make that Spotify not youtube

by Anonymousreply 245April 17, 2019 4:11 AM

I didn't realize Mirwais produced/co-wrote so much of the album. That actually makes me excited to hear it. BTW, the story behind inspiration for the standard album cover is actually quite moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 17, 2019 4:24 AM

RE: r246...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 17, 2019 4:25 AM

I love Madonna's work with Mirwais, but that was almost 20 years ago. I haven't really heard about him in years.

And we all remember how it turned out when she and William Orbit went back to the well...

by Anonymousreply 248April 17, 2019 4:28 AM

Related thread:

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/11752993-madonna-rip-off-artist-extraordinaire

by Anonymousreply 249April 17, 2019 4:31 AM

Shameless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 17, 2019 4:37 AM

I admit I was a little disappointed to read last year for the 20th anniversary of Ray of Light that so little of ROL was from Madonna's own ideas. Susannah Melvoin wrote most of Swim but wasn't credited.

by Anonymousreply 251April 17, 2019 4:38 AM

That's fair, R248, but I always thought Mirwais was more interesting than Orbit. And, to be fair to Orbit, the recording of MDNA was apparently a rush job that Madge didn't have herheart in. It seems like she's more present for this one. Guess we'll see. In the meantime, some of these supposed song titles are making me roll my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 252April 17, 2019 4:39 AM

Good points r252. Mirwais is definitely more interesting. He is definitely more eccentric and quirkier than Orbit.

I'm also dreading hearing her voice. That clip is so auto-tuned and her voice has deteriorated quite a lot in the past five years. I mean, I know she's 60 but still.

by Anonymousreply 253April 17, 2019 4:42 AM

What time tomorrow is the song/video supposed to be available?

by Anonymousreply 254April 17, 2019 4:50 AM

True, R253, but her voice actually sounded a LOT better on the Rebel Heart tour than it did on the older MDNA tour. So... I dunno... I'll hold out some hope.

R254 - new song's supposed to premiere at 9am PST / 12pm EST on Wed.

by Anonymousreply 255April 17, 2019 4:52 AM

I am glad she is going back to Mirwais instead of Patrick Leonard. So far she has not completely disappointed me. I didn't like the Sticky and Sweet tour, but Hard Candy was pretty good. The MDNA tour was brilliant, the album just OK, but still some good songs. The Rebel Heart tour was a disappointment, and I didn't like the album, but I did like many of the demos a lot.

Madonna seems to get a lot of crap for working with co writers and co producers, which every other female artist has. As well as most male artists as well. Including Gaga and Adele, who people seem to think do all their own work.

And I feel she is entitled to record Latin music if she wants to she has been doing so since the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 256April 17, 2019 5:16 AM

She has a song on the album titled I don't seek, I find. It is a reference to Picasso, on why he was compelled to keep creating art. Probably a nod to all the haters who say, she is old, rich, why doesn't she just retire? Pretty amazing, even if the song isn't that good.

by Anonymousreply 257April 17, 2019 6:27 AM

I don't think amazing means what you think it does, R257

by Anonymousreply 258April 17, 2019 7:39 AM

Is anyone ever ready for what she expells?

by Anonymousreply 259April 17, 2019 7:41 AM

I'm ready!

by Anonymousreply 260April 17, 2019 7:46 AM

Glenn admits to being her biggest fan, so perhaps she can scrape together the funds to purchase this. If not, she can always sell her Osc— oh wait, nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 261April 17, 2019 8:54 AM

When this album bombs she needs to do a show album. Movies and Broadway songs. She has had great success with her movie songs, "Evita" was a hit soundtrack and she sang show tunes that got Sondheim and Sir Andrew Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 262April 17, 2019 8:59 AM

Lord Lloyd-Webber of Sydmonton, actually, pleb.

by Anonymousreply 263April 17, 2019 9:02 AM

And then Beyonce quietly releases an album overnight and everyone goes, "Madonna, who?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 17, 2019 9:40 AM

She should've collaborated with Stephen Bray, Pat Leonard and Shep Pettibone. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

by Anonymousreply 265April 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Bey just dropped her Homecoming Live album.

by Anonymousreply 266April 17, 2019 12:33 PM

[quote] Madonna seems to get a lot of crap for working with co writers and co producers, which every other female artist has. As well as most male artists as well. Including Gaga and Adele, who people seem to think do all their own work.

Except Madonna literally changes a word in the demos handed her and then receives first writing credit. The woman is a hack. Bray stopped working with her over it.

by Anonymousreply 267April 17, 2019 12:39 PM

Mirwais produced the worst album of her entire career, American Life. He sounds like bad karaoke.

by Anonymousreply 268April 17, 2019 12:41 PM

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 269April 17, 2019 1:12 PM

I'm a Millennial (36) and I don't know anyone interested in her. haha. I just know songs here and there. She is fucking ooooold.

by Anonymousreply 270April 17, 2019 1:43 PM

I’ve asked my twenty three year niece what she and her peers thought of Madonna. She says they don’t. She says Madonna is her parents generation (they’re in their mid 50’s) and what they listened to when they were young. Says her generation is more into Rap and singers nearer their own age whom they can relate to. Then I asked her mom if she and her friends listen to Madonna and she says they’re really not into pop music any longer. Says Madonna’s old songs are fine for a lark but they’ve moved away in general from pop music.

Madonna may have an audience but I’m not sure who her audience is.

by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2019 1:50 PM

I don’t know anyone of any age who listens to her. I don’t hear her songs on the Trader Joe’s playlist either. —elder frau

by Anonymousreply 272April 17, 2019 1:57 PM

Looks like a publicity shot from Garbage's VERSION 2.0. From 1998. Cutting edge, Madge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 17, 2019 1:59 PM

That's totally it. We don't think about her. I've never heard her discussed except here and I never read a full thread. I'm trying to get a feel for what/who she meant to you all and I just don't get it. She seems like nothing. Some old lady from back in the eighties with eighties pop songs that sound like the eighties. She wasn't cute either. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 274April 17, 2019 2:05 PM

Someone must still like her.

by Anonymousreply 275April 17, 2019 3:47 PM

...I like her. I don't really listen to pop music, I'm 43, but I'm always interested in checking out Madonna's output. I would far prefer her stuff to the same old shit that's been on the pop scene for over ten years. It's Taylor / Drake / Rhianna / Beyonce / Katy / Ariana, ad nauseum, over and over, no hooks, nothing catchy, no songs I could ever sing along with. The same three songwriters and producers for all of them. Not a single band in pop music, no instrument-playing, nothing. Madonna set the scene for all of them with dancing, hyperbolic live stage shows, all of it. I respect Madonna and her songs are classics, just like any of my parents' stuff from the 60s and 70s.

by Anonymousreply 276April 17, 2019 4:05 PM

NOBODY POSTED THE VIDEO?

by Anonymousreply 277April 17, 2019 4:23 PM

Audio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 17, 2019 4:35 PM

Does Madonna hope it will be this year's Despacito?

by Anonymousreply 279April 17, 2019 4:38 PM

Hate it.

by Anonymousreply 280April 17, 2019 4:42 PM

Ditto, R280. What a shame. I made it to her rhyming "pain" with "champagne" and I was done. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]Madonna set the scene for all of them with dancing, hyperbolic live stage shows, all of it

Bitch, please. Every pop and R&B artist today has taken several pages out of Janet Jackson’s book on dance, style, love shows, etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2019 4:44 PM

*live shows

by Anonymousreply 283April 17, 2019 4:44 PM

Oh no, it sounds like some lame "hit single" from the end credits of an underperforming romantic comedy.

by Anonymousreply 284April 17, 2019 4:47 PM

That's a lot of autotune -- even for her.

The song is only good when she shuts up.

by Anonymousreply 285April 17, 2019 4:47 PM

R282, nice try, Janbot, but no. Janet's fat ass and sausage legs were dancing to Paula Abdul's choreography in 1985, a few years after Madonna came onto the scene.

by Anonymousreply 286April 17, 2019 4:48 PM

"Slow down, Papi."

Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 287April 17, 2019 4:48 PM

Nice try for you cunt R286, but no cigar. Every artist from Britney to Xtina, Chris Brown, Ciara, Aaliyah, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy and countless others over the past few decades have credited Janet as being their inspiration and have shown as much in their own personal style and art. So sit down in the corner and marinate on the truth of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 17, 2019 4:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289April 17, 2019 4:58 PM

She's past it. - 1997

by Anonymousreply 290April 17, 2019 5:00 PM

R288: That list of talentless industry puppets isn't making your case very strong, dear.

by Anonymousreply 291April 17, 2019 5:00 PM

Didn't Janet basically copy everything from Flashdance?

by Anonymousreply 292April 17, 2019 5:01 PM

That's just as bad as I thought it would be. I don't know what went wrong with this woman but she has really lost her ability to release amazing singles. You look at her discography up until about 10 years ago and it's shocking. If they decided to add songs to The Immaculate Collection, this sure wouldn't fit lol.

by Anonymousreply 293April 17, 2019 5:03 PM

I always like Madonna as a dance music maker. Also, sometimes more of an art rock producer. Her arty stuff and dance stuff has always been better, for me. I was often frustrated she didn't take electronic dance even further, but she finally did on Confessions on a Dancefloor.

by Anonymousreply 294April 17, 2019 5:05 PM

Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 295April 17, 2019 5:07 PM

She knew this - that her strength is electronic dance - and tried many ways with EDM from 2000 on, as that's what the kids like. But she's told old for them. Maybe she should have worked as a DJ and producer at that critical moment in her aging. Madonna is the story of missed opportunities. The artist I compare her most to in trajectory is Joni Mitchell of all people. Joni branched out with artistic if not commercial success. Also, Stevie Nicks and Bjork. I feel Madonna is "miles away" from Gaga Beyonce Katy Perry etc. She is more musical than the pop DIVAs but she has too much control and self indulgence, as Bjork, so it doesn't add up to great music in recent decades.

by Anonymousreply 296April 17, 2019 5:11 PM

OK listening now...I like the beat and latin influence. The whispy, autotuned vocals add to the etherial mood and it still sounds like Madonna.

But the song grinds to a halt when Whats-his-face raps in Spanish. It sounds like another Pitbull collaboration, down to him laughing into the microphone--tired. It sounds much better when they actually sing.

by Anonymousreply 297April 17, 2019 5:12 PM

Excreble.

by Anonymousreply 298April 17, 2019 5:14 PM

Maybe if the Latin dude shows some ass in the video?

by Anonymousreply 299April 17, 2019 5:15 PM

I see she went for tinny, compressed and Autotune. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 300April 17, 2019 5:16 PM

IT

SUCKS

by Anonymousreply 301April 17, 2019 5:20 PM

It's been up on YouTube for 90 minutes and already has a quarter of a million views.

Not too shabby.

by Anonymousreply 302April 17, 2019 5:28 PM

This thread is literally one person talking to itself about a subject it claims to "hate."

by Anonymousreply 303April 17, 2019 5:31 PM

Where's the party? I want to free myself.

by Anonymousreply 304April 17, 2019 5:32 PM

I especially love how the string of, "I'm a Millennial!!!" "I'm young" "I'm in my 20's" and "we don't think about her/never heard of her/can't stand her" posts all came in a row. Suuuuuure. Those who are young and don't think about her don't come flocking to a thread about her.

Girl, try harder.

by Anonymousreply 305April 17, 2019 5:33 PM

I like it.

I know it is "cool" to hate on her but I can separate her music from her antics and this makes me excited to hear the rest of the album.

She has my $12.

by Anonymousreply 306April 17, 2019 6:47 PM

I'm going to steal the album and give the12 bucks to a hot young punk junkie at the train station, in her honor.

by Anonymousreply 307April 17, 2019 6:56 PM

She was cool back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 17, 2019 6:58 PM

I love all the drag queens on Twitter going on about how great the song is -- but only in hopes that Madonna will retweet them.

by Anonymousreply 309April 17, 2019 7:01 PM

Shockingly, I love it. WTF. decided to buy the single

by Anonymousreply 310April 17, 2019 8:26 PM

I really wanted to love it. But it rings so flat to me.

by Anonymousreply 311April 17, 2019 8:39 PM

It's not a banger, but still listenable.

by Anonymousreply 312April 17, 2019 9:03 PM

It’s really bad... almost worse than mdna and all that garbage. .she was successful when there was no internet/social media because people didn’t know her true self and there was a veneer of mystery (hiding her lack of kindness, intellect and basic human things). Now it’s all our and it’s just painfully obvious she has been a hack all along. Met her twice. Once in her and Ritchie’s house near London - she is a greedy humorless unpleasant unkind narcissistic delusional nobody.

by Anonymousreply 313April 17, 2019 9:13 PM

Her cuntishness here...it's so...cunty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 17, 2019 10:01 PM

Try this link instead.

Instead of being gracious, it's likes she's jealous that they are getting attention for their skills. What a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 17, 2019 10:04 PM

She was a Pop Superstar. After "Music" she thought herself an Artist. She thought wrong.

by Anonymousreply 316April 17, 2019 10:05 PM

The song isn't bad, but it's a bit sparse. I can imagine a killer remix with a full sound going to #1 on the Dance charts.

And she is very smart to appeal to the Latin market. There's even a lot of Latin radio stations in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 317April 17, 2019 10:12 PM

Ive listened to it once. Id like it better without the guest star, but even then it's second tier.

by Anonymousreply 318April 17, 2019 10:14 PM

Someone keeps clearing their cookies and posting. Hm, wonder who?

by Anonymousreply 319April 17, 2019 11:01 PM

Eh, it's probably also jumping from computer to computer at the library, R319.

by Anonymousreply 320April 17, 2019 11:04 PM

I think you were reading into that a little too much, R315.

by Anonymousreply 321April 17, 2019 11:05 PM

R321 - Maybe. But I still got a cunty scent off her.

by Anonymousreply 322April 17, 2019 11:11 PM

Bitch is almost at 1,000,000 views.

by Anonymousreply 323April 17, 2019 11:14 PM

"Beautiful Stranger" is on the July 1999 GAP In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 17, 2019 11:15 PM

Beautiful Stranger is one of her few songs that I really like.

Some of the remixes were great.

by Anonymousreply 325April 17, 2019 11:24 PM

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls... but... what's with the GAP playlist? Was it a particularily good time in your life? Or is the theme some sort of long term troll investment that's been carefully considered? What do you get out of constantly mentioning this bizarre and obscure feature of the past?

by Anonymousreply 326April 17, 2019 11:33 PM

Ouch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 17, 2019 11:33 PM

It's the Post.

They only save their praise for Trump and his toadies.

by Anonymousreply 328April 17, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]what's with the GAP playlist?

Read the description linked at the blog below:

[quote]Was it a particularily good time in your life?

Yes.

[quote]What do you get out of constantly mentioning this bizarre and obscure feature of the past?

I find others who also saved GAP playlists from when they worked at Gap. It is because of guys reading my posts on the DataLounge that I have rebuilt a large percentage of my lost Gap Playlists collection. So, I keep plugging away in hopes of finding more former Gap employees from 1992 to 2006 who also saved the paper playlist inserts that came with each month's CD/tape.

Nowhere else have I been able to find others who saved Gap playlists. If I knew of another place to post and cast the net, I would also go there. But DataLounge has been so successful for me that it would be foolish to stop now. Not until my quest to recover all of the Gap In-Store Playlists from June 1992 through February 2006.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 17, 2019 11:41 PM

I've been posting my hopes that this would be a comeback for her, but the song just straight up sucks. And did she learn NOTHING from Janet's embarrassing flop last year? The edition of a latino with a huge following rapping in the background doesn't do SHIT to help your sales or streams. And he ruins the song (not that it would be any good without him, but he makes it unlistenable).

I'll say one nice thing about Janet. This song is even worse than Made for Now.

by Anonymousreply 330April 17, 2019 11:41 PM

[quote]And did she learn NOTHING from Janet's embarrassing flop last year?

Except it wasn't a flop. It did remarkably well in the Latin market, which is obviously what Madonna is aiming for.

by Anonymousreply 331April 17, 2019 11:46 PM

Trending at #15!!!! It's a hit!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332April 17, 2019 11:48 PM

The synth arrangements feel like the Ray of Light album, “updated” with some Latin rap flavor. This doesn’t work for me, but she’s done worse.

by Anonymousreply 333April 17, 2019 11:53 PM

It’s...meh.

Madonna in theory is the opposite of meh. In practice, zzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 334April 17, 2019 11:58 PM

Who is the troll who keeps dredging up old Madonna YouTube outtakes and doctored pics from years ago?

Is this the same troll who admitted that its hate is personal with her?

Give it a break.

by Anonymousreply 335April 18, 2019 12:02 AM

Hmm. MTV is giving her a global premiere next week. Certainly some of her music rivals are likely thinking that's rather nasty of MTV and asking MTV, "What have you done for me lately?"

I guess we know who still matters.

AND who doesn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 18, 2019 12:07 AM

Oh, shit, R336.... you've now done it.

Prepare for DL to be bombarded with 1000 threads all talking about what a hag she is.

All before the library closes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 337April 18, 2019 12:09 AM

Yikes, first day released and Madonna is already way down at #13 on itunes....behind, trailing way behind Five Finger Death Punch....

by Anonymousreply 338April 18, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote] Except it wasn't a flop. It did remarkably well in the Latin market, which is obviously what Madonna is aiming for.

Except you're wrong. It was a flop EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 339April 18, 2019 12:17 AM

A world premiere on MTV meant something in the 80s. MTV no longer has the heavy influence it once did

by Anonymousreply 340April 18, 2019 12:17 AM

And yet if some other 80's icons hit such attention, it would be a sign of their relevance and influence. Tell yourself what you want to believe, Hon.

by Anonymousreply 341April 18, 2019 12:21 AM

We'll see how well it does. I remember her Give Me All Your Love song that all Clear Channel stations played every hour. It got to #10 on the charts and ClearChannel stopped the practice and the single sunk like a stone the following week. Her last album yielded no top 40 hits so we'll see how this pans out

by Anonymousreply 342April 18, 2019 12:47 AM

[quote] Except you're wrong. It was a flop EVERYWHERE.

Again, no it wasn’t. It went to #1 in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 343April 18, 2019 12:58 AM

Made for Now also went to #1 on the Billboard dance charts.

by Anonymousreply 344April 18, 2019 12:59 AM

Aw. This is actually quite moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 18, 2019 1:12 AM

The moment from R345

(yes, it's emotional porn, but his reaction seems very genuine...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 18, 2019 1:13 AM

Madge chatting about Maluma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 18, 2019 1:14 AM

Wont buy her cd for the first time. And she was dissing songs today has lots of collabs and rappers?

by Anonymousreply 348April 18, 2019 1:23 AM

He actually looks really hot in R345's pic. Much better than that pic with Madge.

by Anonymousreply 349April 18, 2019 1:26 AM

9 hours later and it's finally hit 1 M views.

by Anonymousreply 350April 18, 2019 1:32 AM

Madonna used to see what was the latest trend (to steal) before it became the latest trend. Now she's fallen far behind. This is the 3rd and final album with her Live Nation deal. Either she'll renew her contract or she'll end up waking up all 6 of her children in the middle of the night to help her chop down random trees in a bipolar rage.

by Anonymousreply 351April 18, 2019 2:11 AM

This is one of those songs where the quality of the speakers really matters. I first listened on my lunch break with cheap headphones at work. But, playing it at home on my good quality stereo...? I finally get it. I love the contrast of the melancholy, wistful verses from Madge with the celebratory choruses with her and Maluma. She and her collaborators really mastered tension-and-release with this one. It's more subtle than I was expecting given the kind of obviousness of the multiple persona Madame X thing, but it feels like her most assured work in a while. I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 352April 18, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote] Again, no it wasn’t. It went to #1 in Mexico.

Yeah, for the seven people left there who haven't come to the US.

by Anonymousreply 353April 18, 2019 3:09 AM

[quote]Again, no it wasn’t. It went to #1 in Mexico.

[quote]Yeah, for the seven people left there who haven't come to the US.

Ah, so that explains why so many want out of there!

by Anonymousreply 354April 18, 2019 3:10 AM

LOL^ : D

by Anonymousreply 355April 18, 2019 3:12 AM

I've ready mostly positive reviews of it. Pretty much all mention the obvious autotune, but overall think it's a return to form.

by Anonymousreply 356April 18, 2019 3:12 AM

Maluma is a better track after multiple listens.... that's however not a great thing in terms of getting traction.

by Anonymousreply 357April 18, 2019 3:31 AM

Melanoma is a fucking God awful song. Makes American Life seem like Papa Don't Preach.

by Anonymousreply 358April 18, 2019 4:32 AM

Madonna...

Do what ya gotta do, girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 359April 18, 2019 4:40 AM

When will the video b premiered?

by Anonymousreply 360April 18, 2019 4:54 AM

R350 it's not even the official video

by Anonymousreply 361April 18, 2019 4:57 AM

At a little over 12 hours it's at 1.75M views. Is that considered decent?

by Anonymousreply 362April 18, 2019 5:07 AM

R351 she's been doing latin music since the 80s hon

by Anonymousreply 363April 18, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]she'll end up waking up all 6 of her children in the middle of the night to help her chop down random trees in a bipolar rage.

You do know Joan Crawford never actually did this, right?

It was a movie creation for dramatic effect.

by Anonymousreply 364April 18, 2019 5:20 AM

Yeah depends where you hear it. I'm listening on my yacht in Cartagena bay with 2 Colombian yacht boys working on me. It sounds gr..........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 18, 2019 10:16 AM

She wants her daughter's generation. She wants to be relevant. She's 60 years old. She has had fans for almost forty years and she would kick them all in the face and leave them bleeding in the street to gain some 20 year olds fans

by Anonymousreply 366April 18, 2019 10:51 AM

It's not a bad song... it's just not very memorable. It reminded me a little bit of this Grimes song. But I'm sure that's just me and more a 'there's only so many notes' situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 18, 2019 12:17 PM

I'm goood. Grimes - Easily - dflat major, 94 bpm. Madonna - Medellin - dflat major, 92 bpm.

by Anonymousreply 368April 18, 2019 12:23 PM

The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

...and who doesn’t know who Maluma is? Some of you need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 369April 18, 2019 12:45 PM

[quote]...and who doesn’t know who Maluma is?

Ohh ohhh pick me! Pick me!

by Anonymousreply 370April 18, 2019 1:28 PM

I've not really enjoyed her musically since Confessions (though the tours are good) so I was exciting to hate this but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Sounds modern without sounding desperate and with a nice throwback to La Isla Bonita

by Anonymousreply 371April 18, 2019 1:39 PM

I dont listen to ANY song that 4 seconds into all you hear is auto tune. Ergo,I havent kept up with "modern" music in years.

by Anonymousreply 372April 18, 2019 1:49 PM

This thread has made me curious about how the song charts on iTunes.

Last night it was #12; this morning it is #9.

by Anonymousreply 373April 18, 2019 1:58 PM

I like it. It's got a melancholic romantic feel to it. It does sound much better with a good sound system.

by Anonymousreply 374April 18, 2019 2:35 PM

It's been out for about 23 hours and it's at almost 2.5 million views. Is that supposed to be good?

by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2019 2:58 PM

I have a feeling that Madonna is gearing this more towards the Global market since the US market (singles wise) has left her behind. It might be a good move.

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2019 2:59 PM

Are we listening to the same song? It’s absolute shit. Sounds like cheap Mexican music.

by Anonymousreply 377April 18, 2019 3:17 PM

I love the moron, who keeps shrieking, who is Maluma?

Who is Maluma? Someone who uploaded a video a year ago that has 1.4 BILLION views.

by Anonymousreply 378April 18, 2019 3:32 PM

Todays stars quickly get 100 million views and if there is a latin audience continue up to a billion.

by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2019 3:42 PM

Do you know Daddy Yankee? 1.3 billion views last year.

What about this? 1.8 billion. Its super autotuned. Madonna's inspiration. The world likes autotuned music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2019 3:47 PM

Modern pop music is shit.

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote]Who is Maluma? Someone who uploaded a video a year ago that has 1.4 BILLION views.

And all it takes is a fucking mouse click WOW what an achievement!

by Anonymousreply 382April 18, 2019 4:07 PM

The new song’s ITunes Charts

#1 in 18 countries now. #6 in US

by Anonymousreply 383April 18, 2019 4:19 PM

You're smart, aren't you, R382?

by Anonymousreply 384April 18, 2019 4:20 PM

I like that it's not what you would expect her to release. it doesn't have a strong enough chorus to be a big hit and it reminds me of a genre called dancehall. It's also not danceable - at lease for whiteboy Americans like myself. I liked "La Isla Bonita" better. But I still love Madonna and a friend of mine works with her and said she's nothing like her image and is actually a nice person and all her staff loves her.

by Anonymousreply 385April 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Will the Maluku effect work on has been Madonna like it did on has been Ricky Martin?

1.5 billion views on their diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386April 18, 2019 5:17 PM

This will debut in the Hot 600 for sure! lmao

by Anonymousreply 387April 18, 2019 5:47 PM

[italic]The new song’s ITunes Charts

#1 in 18 countries now. #6 in US[/italic]

All her songs from her last album went to #1 on iTunes and ended up not charting. Next.

by Anonymousreply 388April 18, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]It's been out for about 23 hours and it's at almost 2.5 million views. Is that supposed to be good?

For a 60 year old woman, yes it is.

by Anonymousreply 389April 18, 2019 5:49 PM

Also, without an official video.

by Anonymousreply 390April 18, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote] Do you know Daddy Yankee? 1.3 billion views last year.

And it didn't do a thing for Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 391April 18, 2019 6:59 PM

Wearing a top hat on the cover of your new single in which you duet with a hot Latino artist? It was already done last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Gaga is just loving this disaster.

by Anonymousreply 393April 18, 2019 7:44 PM

The album listing on Amazon (with song titles.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 18, 2019 8:15 PM

"This Madonna woman you speak of...she is quite pretty, no?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 18, 2019 9:11 PM

The difference between maluma and daddy yankee, ozuna, etc is that maluma is fucking hot. Maybe you old ladies are put off by his tattoos or Colombian accent, but madonna couldn’t have picked a more relevant sec symbol to see her music. The song sounds very current and is not like anything else I’ve heard.

by Anonymousreply 396April 18, 2019 10:04 PM

Should be Picked a more relevant SEX symbol to SELL her music.

by Anonymousreply 397April 18, 2019 10:06 PM

[quote]The song sounds very current

I don't hate the song, I think it grows on you. However, the sound isn't that current. Reggaeton was big about 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 398April 18, 2019 10:07 PM

It's been up for a little over 24 hours and it's at 3.25 M views. I have to imagine those are good numbers for her.

by Anonymousreply 399April 18, 2019 10:08 PM

He cleans up very nicely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400April 18, 2019 10:08 PM

Is it really him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401April 18, 2019 10:10 PM

R347 Good God she looks terrifying in that video! Lourdes, take her aside and have a word... no more visits to the surgeon. Also, the song is lame. If it was by anyone else, it wouldn’t rate a mention.

by Anonymousreply 402April 18, 2019 10:20 PM

Dreadful

Of course, the gays will pay $$$$$$$$ for a concert ticket to see her warble this dreck while she accompanies herself on acoustic guitar .

by Anonymousreply 403April 18, 2019 10:22 PM

Ha. I love how PRESSED someone is that they have to keep clearing cookies and posting repeatedly. Sounds bothered .

by Anonymousreply 404April 18, 2019 10:31 PM

[quote] You're smart, aren't you, [R382]? —What do those clicks represent?

Honey, when an album sold millions and was number one for weeks because people got off their asses and went to a store and actually bought the album was an achievement. Don't bore with fucking downloads.

by Anonymousreply 405April 18, 2019 10:43 PM

Honey, you're talking about how things were 20 years ago. You prove nothing by dismissing how things are done today.

by Anonymousreply 406April 18, 2019 10:47 PM

Someone thinks people going in to a store to buy something is an achievement. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 407April 18, 2019 10:54 PM

The new song Medellín on its 2nd day is already #1 on iTunes Europe songs and #2 on iTunes worldwide.

The audio video (not actual video) has over +3.3 million views on @YouTube

The song peaked #1 in 20 countries on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 408April 18, 2019 11:18 PM

It's this generation's Don't Worry Be Happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409April 18, 2019 11:25 PM

[quote]The song peaked #1 in 20 countries on iTunes.

Get back to us when it actually hits #1 on real music charts. She's coming for the Hot 600 Billboard chart. lol

by Anonymousreply 410April 18, 2019 11:38 PM

[quote]Gaga is just loving this disaster.

Madonna in her 60s is going to be one disaster after the next. She will get more and more desperate and the trainwreck will be explosive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411April 18, 2019 11:40 PM

I can't believe what she looks like now. This is the last time she looked like herself - 20 fucking years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 18, 2019 11:42 PM

She looked pretty when she married Guy Ritchie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2019 1:16 AM

Why did she stop having public boytoys? She had hot ones. Does she still get young cock but keep it quiet?

by Anonymousreply 414April 19, 2019 1:23 AM

oh come on, daddy yankee is cute

by Anonymousreply 415April 19, 2019 1:55 AM

All I can say about Madge is...at least she’s still alive unlike her contemporaries Prince, MJ, George Michael and Whitney H. Considering that she’s had a better run than most

by Anonymousreply 416April 19, 2019 4:12 AM

"Gaga loving this disaster" -- Please, she is a Vegas has been now. I heard that Born this way album (not by choice) this song is still better than that mess of an album. Artpop was an even bigger joke (although I did like that song she did with R Kelly). Her catalog is an embarrasment

by Anonymousreply 417April 19, 2019 6:09 AM

LOOK AT THE AGENDA!!

-24th April MTV interview + video premiere

-1st May BBMAS

-3rd May "I Rise" released (rumor)

-4th May GLAAD Awards

-6th May Met Gala

-10th May "Crave" feat Swae Lee released (rumor)

-17th May "Future" feat Quavo released (rumor)

-18th May Eurovision Performance

-7th June "Dark Ballet" released (rumor)

-14th June album out

by Anonymousreply 418April 19, 2019 12:53 PM

Those rumored release dates don’t add up. But she is definitely back according to the rest of the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 419April 19, 2019 1:19 PM

She'll probably do the VMAs to reach out to the young ins.

by Anonymousreply 420April 19, 2019 6:39 PM

R420, She'll probably do lewd things onstage with her walker.

by Anonymousreply 421April 19, 2019 7:40 PM

R421 Cha Cha out of here.

by Anonymousreply 422April 19, 2019 7:49 PM

R422, Obviously I was making a joke, but doing something outrageous to get her name in the news is the only trick in Madonna's bag.

by Anonymousreply 423April 19, 2019 7:56 PM

Her new single is 22 on iTunes.

What's interesting is Beyonce isn't that much higher.

by Anonymousreply 424April 19, 2019 7:56 PM

R424 does Beyonce even chart any more?

by Anonymousreply 425April 19, 2019 8:03 PM

So her track has been up now for a little over 48 hours and has 4.5 million views. That's probably way more interest than any of her previous releases in the past decades.

by Anonymousreply 426April 19, 2019 8:04 PM

R426 it’s not even a music video

by Anonymousreply 427April 19, 2019 8:07 PM

It’s absolute garbage. How can anyone say this is good?

by Anonymousreply 428April 19, 2019 8:16 PM

[quote]So her track has been up now for a little over 48 hours and has 4.5 million views. That's probably way more interest than any of her previous releases in the past decades.

The interest is because of HIM, not her.

And that curiosity doesn't necessarily translate into sales, as the current, lackluster iTunes sales indicate.

by Anonymousreply 429April 19, 2019 8:18 PM

Do hundreds of millions of latino music fans in not rich countries actually BUY singles on iTunes?

by Anonymousreply 430April 19, 2019 8:26 PM

Yeah R429 and? The point is it's stronger than she's probably had in the recent past so putting him on it was a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 431April 19, 2019 9:04 PM

Madonna's new single in a free fall down the itunes chart. Plummets to #22 a mere 48 hours post release.

by Anonymousreply 432April 19, 2019 9:34 PM

Didn't you just argue that iTunes charts mean nothing? So which is it?

by Anonymousreply 433April 19, 2019 9:55 PM

I have been a fan of hers since I was a kid in the 80s. I hated the song on first listen, I didn't think she needed him on the song and automatically dismissed it as trash. I was expecting a dance pop track and that's exactly what I didn't get. I tried again on Thursday and with several more listens I have really come to like it. She did the opposite of what we all thought she'd do so she at least deserves credit for that. It's clear she used Maluma for the buzz factor but honestly he's adorable and super hot and I like his solo music. A coworker is Portuguese so she was explaining what his music is all about and what he was saying on the song. Medellin really grew on me. I think she took a big risk with this album, and did what she wanted which is hopefully created a well made album of great quality because we've had lackluster albums for the last several releases. I remain optimistic and hopeful for the album 👑

by Anonymousreply 434April 19, 2019 9:57 PM

I kind of love it. and the video tease looks kind of interesting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwZhmPnB5Sv/

*since instagram posts don't work on here*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435April 19, 2019 10:03 PM

"The interest is because of HIM, not her.".

AND yet, someone else said he was already over two years ago and this song was way behind the trend. Some of you must really hurt yourself with the mental contortions you need to do to trash a song.

by Anonymousreply 436April 19, 2019 10:04 PM

R433, i did not argue that.

Lady Gaga / Bradley Cooper 14 spots above Medellin on itunes chart; dud released just 2 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 437April 19, 2019 10:08 PM

Lady Gaga/Bradley Coopers. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 438April 19, 2019 10:10 PM

Yeah and people are listening to that track for Bradley not Gaga!

by Anonymousreply 439April 19, 2019 10:14 PM

[quote]AND yet, someone else said he was already over two years ago

That is not inconsistent with thinking the interest is in HIM, as she was over 10 years ago.

Keep staying pressed with reality.

by Anonymousreply 440April 19, 2019 10:16 PM

I'd say the person pressed is the person who keeps talking about someone who is, "over."

And yeah, she's been over for 10 years and yet her past two tours are record holders.

Makes perfect sense!

by Anonymousreply 441April 19, 2019 10:20 PM

Here's a tease from YouTube also.

The video actually looks like it might be pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442April 19, 2019 10:20 PM

Just think: If Janet Jackson had recorded it, none of these threads would exist because no one would even know the song was out.

by Anonymousreply 443April 19, 2019 10:21 PM

R443 get the fuck out of here with that! If Janet recorded it it would be #1 in every single country AND the vocals would be rocking and not hidden under the music because Janet's known for her powerehouse vocals which are often compared to Ann Wilson, although Ann wishes she could belt like Queen Janet.

by Anonymousreply 444April 19, 2019 10:22 PM

Janet would never record such a shitty song tho R444

by Anonymousreply 445April 19, 2019 10:25 PM

R445 sure she would, she's recorded worse.

by Anonymousreply 446April 19, 2019 10:26 PM

i don't know about that r446, this song is absolute garbage, par for the course with Madonna's newer releases, but this one is on another level.

by Anonymousreply 447April 19, 2019 10:28 PM

Gurl, please!

I'm way too busy to record now.

I got state fairs to ruin and hitching my wagon to youth oriented acts like Elton John and Sting! Relevance!

by Anonymousreply 448April 19, 2019 10:28 PM

Yes, R447, you've mentioned that about 35 times now. It must really, really, really be upsetting you.

by Anonymousreply 449April 19, 2019 10:29 PM

not upsetting me, exciting me. Can't wait to see where this charts on billboard.........

by Anonymousreply 450April 19, 2019 10:31 PM

She's a closeted lezzie who fake dates gay backup dancers.

by Anonymousreply 451April 19, 2019 10:33 PM

Mmhmm. That's a lot of work.

by Anonymousreply 452April 19, 2019 10:34 PM

Fans are adorable.

by Anonymousreply 453April 19, 2019 10:38 PM

r257, Picasso also said, "Good artists copy. Great artists steal".

Tee-hee.

Btw, I am LOVIN' the new single.

by Anonymousreply 454April 19, 2019 10:39 PM

People obsessed with people they claim to dislike are even more adorable!

by Anonymousreply 455April 19, 2019 10:41 PM

The song is a great story once you know what they're singing about, here's his lyrics translated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456April 19, 2019 10:44 PM

It's basically a souped-up version of her song, "Masterpiece." With that basic rhythm of her grade-school simple lyrics.

Now she's hiding her voice with Autotune?

For a woman who has worked her ass off in soooo many different aspects of her career, she is a lazy songwriter who does not question herself enough.

by Anonymousreply 457April 19, 2019 10:50 PM

Someone commented how Madonna is starting to look like Bette Davis in Madame Sin. With the red eye patch from the video, I see some of Bette in The Anniversary too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458April 19, 2019 10:50 PM

“A coworker is Portuguese so she was explaining what his music is all about and what he was saying on the song.”

Well, they speak Spanish in Colombia, not sure how your coworker being Portuguese would be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 459April 19, 2019 10:57 PM

R443, see R392.

by Anonymousreply 460April 20, 2019 12:14 AM

It’s been done

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Everybody move your body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 20, 2019 12:28 AM

Madonna's new single has zero traction, its plummeting down the itunes charts since its release a mere 48 hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 463April 20, 2019 12:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 20, 2019 1:04 AM

"It’s been done"

In the case of Miss Jackson.... Badly.

AND talk about no traction! HA! That song went NOWHERE honey. NO ONE remembers Miss Pedo Sister's single.

by Anonymousreply 465April 20, 2019 1:08 AM

He's hot and the track sounds like something you drive too with the windows down in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 466April 20, 2019 1:09 AM

The highest grossing solo touring artist, with over $1.31 billion in concert gross.

That does count for something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467April 20, 2019 1:12 AM

FLOP single.

by Anonymousreply 468April 20, 2019 1:14 AM

Please, R467, posting those concert stats are boring. Talk to us when she has to start playing State Fairs like some of her contemporaries had to in their 40s.

by Anonymousreply 469April 20, 2019 1:15 AM

lol @R464, that was posted yesterday, 24 hours after release, she's not even top 20 in the US....she's lower than lil dicky, LMAO

by Anonymousreply 470April 20, 2019 1:21 AM

When Madonna puts out the music video, this song will go to number one.

by Anonymousreply 471April 20, 2019 1:24 AM

So Madonna is playing the Billboard awards? Congrats Mariah on the Icon award.

by Anonymousreply 472April 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Funny, Beyonce released the same day and is only one position above Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 473April 20, 2019 1:41 AM

R442 - thanks for posting that. Honestly, it looks great. Seems like she's put more effort into this video than any she's done in years. Even the behind the scenes shots look great.

by Anonymousreply 474April 20, 2019 2:31 AM

R473 Yes, I think the air is a bit out of Beyonce's tires, too.

I watched her Netflix special. I liked it until she started reminding everyone how shitty most of her songs have been in the past five years.

by Anonymousreply 475April 20, 2019 3:49 AM

BeYawnce is a racist bitch and anyone with a bit of sense knows it.

by Anonymousreply 476April 20, 2019 4:17 AM

This would get 1billion hits if it was Billie Eilish (17) and the handsome latin fella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477April 20, 2019 10:22 AM

Biggest copycat in the history of entertainment. She's truly shameless.

by Anonymousreply 478April 20, 2019 10:48 AM

[quote]The highest grossing solo touring artist, with over $1.31 billion in concert gross.

The girl puts on a nice show.

by Anonymousreply 479April 20, 2019 11:58 AM

"My comeback album?! I hate that word! It's a RETURN, a return to the hundreds of millions of people who've never forgiven me for deserting the studio!"

by Anonymousreply 480April 20, 2019 11:59 AM

Song is in free fall. It’s still being beaten by that Gaga song from a year ago on the WW charts. lmao

I can’t wait to see her BBMA trainwreck performance. Lemme guess, granny’s gonna shove her tongue down Maluma’s throat on live television.

by Anonymousreply 481April 20, 2019 1:55 PM

I listened to the song a few more times. If the producer would have nixed that dumb spoken intro, and auto tuned less, it could be a decent song. It would have been better if it were just Madonna without her trying to vampire again off a more current artist. No offense to Maluma, I like him.

by Anonymousreply 482April 20, 2019 2:31 PM

We haven't yet seen how she's vampiring off the hot 26 year-old Brazilian star Anitta in the "Faz Gastoso" track.

Or hear her no doubt excruciating effort to speak/sing Portuguese.

by Anonymousreply 483April 20, 2019 2:36 PM

Anita is a fascist supporter and Quavo are huge homophobes. Let’s give Madonna the GLAAD Award. lol. Stupid pricks.

by Anonymousreply 484April 20, 2019 3:00 PM

Medellin plummets further down the US iTunes Charts to number 31

by Anonymousreply 485April 20, 2019 3:24 PM

[quote]I can’t wait to see her BBMA trainwreck performance. Lemme guess, granny’s gonna shove her tongue down Maluma’s throat on live television.

You can't wait? You seem awfully obsessed with something you claim to not be able to stand. You might want to get some help for that.

by Anonymousreply 486April 20, 2019 3:30 PM

Nice try, r486.

by Anonymousreply 487April 20, 2019 3:30 PM

Oh, dear Lord, how I wish Madge and Gags would combine their formidable talents and work together on an album!

by Anonymousreply 488April 20, 2019 3:39 PM

It’s the song of a lifetime. It’s going to change the music world forever!!

by Anonymousreply 489April 20, 2019 3:40 PM

Nice try, R487. Your response shows the truth hurts, ha!

by Anonymousreply 490April 20, 2019 3:41 PM

1, 2... browser switch!

by Anonymousreply 491April 20, 2019 3:42 PM

She's fallen to #32 on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 492April 20, 2019 4:11 PM

Isn't Madonna number 3 in the World Wide charts?

by Anonymousreply 493April 20, 2019 4:14 PM

Get back to us when she bankrupts a state fair!

by Anonymousreply 494April 20, 2019 4:27 PM

When humans plant a time capsule under the Mars soil, this song will be the one chosen to represent humanity.

by Anonymousreply 495April 20, 2019 4:27 PM

This song , much like her career, is a dud

by Anonymousreply 496April 20, 2019 4:28 PM

She needs to relax on the auto-tune ..I was listening to her first album at the gym and she sounds so joyous and cute. Her voice was never great but sings with joy and abandon.

by Anonymousreply 497April 20, 2019 4:36 PM

this song is disappearing off the charts like a turd down the toilet bowl

by Anonymousreply 498April 20, 2019 4:46 PM

I think it's ironic that she plays the ageist card. I mean how about no botox or facelifts or being air brushed to the nth degree in your photos. Wouldn't a true rebel heart not give in to these trappings? Like yes world I'm no longer 25 but I'm now an older woman who still wants to create. The problem is in a lot of ways she's her own worst enemy. It's as if she's trying to compete with the 25 year version of herself. That tends not to work out well for anyone no matter who you are

by Anonymousreply 499April 20, 2019 4:56 PM

[quote] Oh, dear Lord, how I wish Madge and Gags would combine their formidable talents and work together on an album!

Gaga would never reduce herself to that. In fact, Madonna turned on Gaga when Gaga passed on a collaboration nearly 10 years ago. Madonna wasn’t used to anyone turning her down. All the pop tarts before Gaga sucked up to Madonna. Gaga wasn’t interested. Madonna went ballistic. Now Madonna’s career is in the toilet and her new craptastic song is being beaten by Gaga’s releases over a year ago. Karma is a bitch. Madonna should have sat and eaten her food. Instead she ran her mouth and burned bridges.

by Anonymousreply 500April 20, 2019 5:18 PM

The Autotune is designed to make her sound "young", like 20 years-young. I like my 60 year-old singers to sound their age, like Marianne Faithfull or Annie Lennox.

by Anonymousreply 501April 20, 2019 5:21 PM

R499 is spot on. Her descent into over-the-top plastic surgery is so unfortunate. She’s an addictive personality and it used to be her leaning into extreme fitness and yoga... now it’s fillers, injections and probably full on face lifts. I wish she’d taken the path laid out by 499. She could still look great and be confident in her legacy all the while still evolving as an artist on perhaps a smaller stage. It’s her chasing the new and the young that turns people off and makes her look desperate.

by Anonymousreply 502April 20, 2019 5:27 PM

It is really sad that this song is sinking like a ship - and I say this as a diehard Madonna fan.

I remember the days when the lead single of a Madonna album was a huge ordeal - Like a Virgin, Live to Tell, Like a Prayer, Erotica, Secret, Frozen, Music. There is little buzz about this song. Beyoncé received more attention for a LIVE album.

by Anonymousreply 503April 20, 2019 5:37 PM

She's OVAH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 20, 2019 5:43 PM

r504 Why the hell didn't she release a better song first?! This is exactly what happens when you're surrounded by Yes people and no one has the tits to tells you this is a terrible choice for making the first impression. It's like a B-side song, or a demo even.

by Anonymousreply 505April 20, 2019 5:48 PM

There's many reasons r505. Madonna is out of touch with her fans, with the world, but most of all, her music instincts. That was one of her biggest strengths was she knew where the pulse would be, but she can't find it anymore.

Secondly, she needs to ditch Guy Oseary as her manager. He doesn't give a shit about the quality of her music, but about maximizing profits regardless of how good the product is. Gone are the days of Freddy DeMann and Liz Rosenberg who ruled with an iron fist.

by Anonymousreply 506April 20, 2019 5:54 PM

The track seems underscored; like it was mixed in an hour on a PC in a coffee shop. The hot, young Colombian dude, young enough to be her grandson, laughing into the mike is "muy debil."

by Anonymousreply 507April 20, 2019 7:02 PM

Madge is capricious.

by Anonymousreply 508April 20, 2019 7:10 PM

[quote]Why the hell didn't she release a better song first?!

It WAS the best song YOU BASTARD PEOPLE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 509April 20, 2019 8:02 PM

Madonna's free falls to #36 on itunes, 72 hours after release. Billy Ray Cyrus is charting higher.

by Anonymousreply 510April 20, 2019 8:03 PM

MADONNA'S COLLAPSE IS BEYOND COMPLETE!

by Anonymousreply 511April 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Maddie is 60. Her best years are far behind her, and I'm totally ok with that which means I'm not really expecting anything earth-shattering from her. When I was a kid I didn't care about old people in pop. Tina Turner was probably the oldest singer I followed and she seemed ancient even though she was only in her mid 40s. Madonna had a great run, actually the best one anyone could imagine. She ruled the pop world the way no female has since. She still wants to make music AND art in her own way I'm fine with that, even though her plastic surgery is dreadful.

People discussing her stealing styles and looks from the likes of Guy Bourdain seem to think all her fans are idiots and don't realize she's surrounded by a team of creative professionals. The thing is I doubt the fans care. Madonna is the end product, and that's the way it's supposed to be, just like with other products. Anyone who knows anything about music and stardom realize that there are only that many Kate Bushes out there who pretty much create every aspect of their art, and even with Kate Bush it would've been better if she'd just concentrated on creating music and left directing the music videos to professionals. Madonna hires creative professionals to create the looks for her. She probably has a lot of input since she seems like a control freak but, seriously, who really thinks she's created all of it herself? Anyone who follows fashion and art knows that old styles are constantly being reused and repurposed, especially with fashion photographers that many times direct Madonna's videos. Lady Gaga followed Madonna's tactics and took them to another level but she went overboard with her meat suits. Madonna did it more smoothly.

No one should be surprised that Lady Gaga is now a bigger star than Madonna. She's like half her age and she was fairly huge 5 to 10 years ago. Now Maddie stealing song credits by doing minimal changes to bought material and then getting a co-writer credit sounds terrible but from the business point of view I totally get it since it's the song makers who get paid the royalties. Jugding by Truth or Dare she's always been serious about the business side of things.

Youtube suggested this clip for me and I thought the whole thing might interest you, not just the short Madonna part. Mick Jagger and Elton John briefly discussing Madonna's latest tour from Mick Jagger's 2001 documentary Being Mick. I assume they were talking about Drowned World Tour. Starts from 2:45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512April 20, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]She ruled the pop world the way no female has since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513April 20, 2019 9:00 PM

[quote]She ruled the pop world the way no female has since.

You can't rule the Pop World unless you've had to reduce yourself by playing State Fairs in your 40s and then BANKRUPTING said State Fair.

So try again, Hunty!

by Anonymousreply 514April 20, 2019 9:14 PM

Another desperate bid for relevancy. Shouldn’t she just retire and enjoy life a little? She’s a million years old. Like a Virgin was a long, long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 515April 20, 2019 9:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516April 20, 2019 9:53 PM

itunes update: still free falling down the charts, temporarily sitting at 41, not even on the front page anymore.

by Anonymousreply 517April 20, 2019 10:13 PM

will Madonna fall off the itunes top 100 by Easter Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 518April 20, 2019 10:15 PM

I'm positive that "Medallin" has fallen faster and in less time than "Made For Now."

And shut up, Jabba hater. I'm not a Janet fan. Just pointing out how low Madonna has fallen.

by Anonymousreply 519April 20, 2019 10:15 PM

I tunes is irrelevant. Of course, it's probably doing poorly on spotify and youtube, as well.

by Anonymousreply 520April 20, 2019 10:17 PM

I heard Like a Prayer in a kebab joint in Geneva Switzerland today. I just started to listen to it about half way through and it sounded excellent. Too bad she lost the touch so long ago.

by Anonymousreply 521April 20, 2019 10:17 PM

Right now Madonna is #5 on Amazon's best-selling Digital Singles.

by Anonymousreply 522April 20, 2019 10:39 PM

And she’s going to get 600 posts which is it’s own metric.

by Anonymousreply 523April 20, 2019 10:40 PM

It's just tiring that she is stuck in the same old faux provocative shtick.

by Anonymousreply 524April 20, 2019 10:48 PM

At least none of her kids are trans.

by Anonymousreply 525April 20, 2019 10:49 PM

This song isn't aimed at the US Market. For every crossver hit like Despacito, there are 1000s of other that don't chart.

What she's really after is one last stadium/arena tour, and Latin/South America is one of her biggest markets. At one time she was the biggest selling female artist of all time, even ahead of Shakira.

by Anonymousreply 526April 20, 2019 11:05 PM

No promotions so far until the video premieres on Wednesday and then Bareback Music Awards on May 1.

by Anonymousreply 527April 21, 2019 12:14 AM

At least we know the Spanish section of her next tour will be good. I'm sure she'll bring out La Isla Bonita again (which I'm fine with). Maybe Who's That Girl. I hope Spanish Eyes although we know she won't be able to hit the notes.

by Anonymousreply 528April 21, 2019 12:42 AM

Has madonna ever done a stadium tour? i know she's played some stadiums on her tours as most artists do, but she's never been as big a draw as Taylor Swift or Beyonce who play stadiums exclusively.

by Anonymousreply 529April 21, 2019 12:51 AM

Isn't it delicious when the Mad-Donna fanatics stan on DL? It always gives me a huge laugh. They're so sad, drooling over this pathetic geriatric has-been.

Madonna is still waiting for her Oscar nom, keep dreaming!

by Anonymousreply 530April 21, 2019 1:09 AM

#MakeMedellinaSmash

by Anonymousreply 531April 21, 2019 1:15 AM

#RedHeels

by Anonymousreply 532April 21, 2019 2:06 AM

The music and Madame X reeks of formaldehyde.

But the DL Madge cheer squad, like the Babs and Lucy Arnez freaks, always provide a laff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 21, 2019 6:35 AM

R529 her whos that girl world tour was all stadiums. Sticky and sweet was probably 90%. Usually all her non US dates are in stadiums, unless the tour was designed for arenas, Iike the drowned world tour or rebel heart tour.

She holds the record for the two biggest tours by a female artist, and that was past her prime. Beyoncé and Taylor were not able to match these grosses. Also, during the WTG tour, she had two audiences over 100,000 people.

She really missed out on charging the big tour prices like the stars do now, during her peak popularity. If she toured and charged the prices she does now during the 80s, her billion dollar touring gross could have been much, much higher.

by Anonymousreply 534April 21, 2019 7:46 AM

And some cities such as London, NYC she would sell out up to 6 consecutive nights when she did do arenas. She's always been a huge concert draw, Taylor/Beyoncé may currently be more popular at the moment, but at her peak Madonna was much more popular.

by Anonymousreply 535April 21, 2019 7:56 AM

[quote] What radio station wouldn't want to play a catchy song about turning up a radio a chance?

Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536April 21, 2019 12:00 PM

I’m fucking my husbear now while listening to 1,2 cha cha cha 👠

by Anonymousreply 537April 21, 2019 1:05 PM

[quote]we know she won't be able to hit the notes.

When was she genuinely ever able to hit a note?

by Anonymousreply 538April 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Madonna is at number 50 on iTunes, 4 days after the song was released.

by Anonymousreply 539April 21, 2019 1:26 PM

OMG…omg!!!!

by Anonymousreply 540April 21, 2019 1:28 PM

Today he is risen, and this is his payback for that awful "like a prayer" video ..... Madonna free falls down the itunes chart to # 50

by Anonymousreply 541April 21, 2019 2:45 PM

Pretty soon her career is gonna go so far down the tank she's gonna have to play State Fairs, lol!!!!

by Anonymousreply 542April 21, 2019 4:21 PM

But she won't do that R542. But she should have kept her idea of doing a cabaret tour. Her brother was cute back in the day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 21, 2019 4:28 PM

Unlike her Saviour, Madonna hasn't risen on Easter Sunday.

She has FALLEN to #67 on iTunes already.

by Anonymousreply 544April 21, 2019 4:36 PM

I guess she should leave bankrupting State Fairs to the professionals!!! lol

by Anonymousreply 545April 21, 2019 4:39 PM

This single's flop status has probably given Madonna No Sleeeeeep....

by Anonymousreply 546April 21, 2019 4:48 PM

I am a fan, and I think the song is OK. She might have gotten away with something like this in the 80s as a fifth single or something.

She keeps attempting a comeback, at her age, she would need something brilliant, not average, to below average.

I am disappointed. She has talked about being inspired by Portuguese musicians for her new album, so I thought she might take some true risks. Not this song, even the beat sounds recycled from Macarena.

by Anonymousreply 547April 21, 2019 5:01 PM

#75 and plummeting

by Anonymousreply 548April 21, 2019 5:13 PM

Someone has a lot of time on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 549April 21, 2019 5:59 PM

New song, same old attempt to try to convince the public she can still pull off being 3 decades younger. For awhile she was evolving in a credible direction but I think her divorce from Guy Ritchie really broke her and she’s never gotten over it. Underneath all the pretense she has a very fragile ego and always has.

by Anonymousreply 550April 21, 2019 6:01 PM

#78. sinking like a stone

by Anonymousreply 551April 21, 2019 6:05 PM

She looks so different now, I'm starting to believe she was replaced (possibly with a trans double.)

This isn't a conspiracy theory, but I've heard for years now from several sources that after her horse riding accident when she lived in the UK, that she became paralyzed. So her management started looking for a replacement who could perform as Madonna during her lucrative concert tours.

They actually worked with the people who helped replace Paul McCartney when he died back in the 60s. But now it's more sophisticated with all the surgeries.

by Anonymousreply 552April 21, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote]This isn't a conspiracy theory, but I've heard for years now from several sources that after her horse riding accident when she lived in the UK, that she became paralyzed. So her management started looking for a replacement who could perform as Madonna during her lucrative concert tours.

Do you know the definition of "conspiracy theory?"

by Anonymousreply 553April 21, 2019 6:20 PM

R553 - The people I talked to have connections with the Royal Family, so I know it's legit. This is real stuff.

But it's linked to something much bigger in the British government. Some scary Princess Diana level shit.

by Anonymousreply 554April 21, 2019 6:32 PM

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 555April 21, 2019 6:45 PM

And that's why they use "AutoTune" on her new song. It's actually a fully synthesized voice created to sound like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 556April 21, 2019 6:47 PM

I like to make fun of Madge as much as the next gay and, outside of a handful of tracks that might have made up one decent EP, I thought the last two albums were pretty dire.

But, I'm loving this new song. I'm very happy to have Mirwais back. He, himself, is probably too old to be trend chasing and so he just concentrated on production that had some presence, rich dynamics and added just the right the amount of drama and edge to an otherwise pretty light, breezy song. As for the "autotune" -- to my ears, this is the difference between a truly talented producer and a merely competent one. Mirwais uses the vocal effects to actually deepen the emotion in M's voice. In fact, I think his production is so central to the song's success, I'm curious to see if it will translate well next week. Guess we'll see.

I think you could say the same thing about many of their tracks -- his production was key to the success of 'Music' (the song, and the album), but that one came off great live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557April 21, 2019 8:12 PM

R557 has the same amount of validity as: "I voted for Obama twice, but Hillary's emails..."

Paid shill.

by Anonymousreply 558April 21, 2019 8:36 PM

Here are R557's endless propping of "Flopellin" in this thread:

[quote]I didn't realize Mirwais produced/co-wrote so much of the album. That actually makes me excited to hear it. BTW, the story behind inspiration for the standard album cover is actually quite moving.

[quote]That's fair, R248, but I always thought Mirwais was more interesting than Orbit. And, to be fair to Orbit, the recording of MDNA was apparently a rush job that Madge didn't have herheart in. It seems like she's more present for this one. Guess we'll see. In the meantime, some of these supposed song titles are making me roll my eyes.

[quote]True, R253, but her voice actually sounded a LOT better on the Rebel Heart tour than it did on the older MDNA tour. So... I dunno... I'll hold out some hope.

[quote]Aw. This is actually quite moving.

[quote](yes, it's emotional porn, but his reaction seems very genuine...)

[quote]This is one of those songs where the quality of the speakers really matters. I first listened on my lunch break with cheap headphones at work. But, playing it at home on my good quality stereo...? I finally get it. I love the contrast of the melancholy, wistful verses from Madge with the celebratory choruses with her and Maluma. She and her collaborators really mastered tension-and-release with this one. It's more subtle than I was expecting given the kind of obviousness of the multiple persona Madame X thing, but it feels like her most assured work in a while. I'm in.

[quote]R442 - thanks for posting that. Honestly, it looks great. Seems like she's put more effort into this video than any she's done in years. Even the behind the scenes shots look great.

[quote]I like to make fun of Madge as much as the next gay and, outside of a handful of tracks that might have made up one decent EP, I thought the last two albums were pretty dire. But, I'm loving this new song. I'm very happy to have Mirwais back. He, himself, is probably too old to be trend chasing and so he just concentrated on production that had some presence, rich dynamics and added just the right the amount of drama and edge to an otherwise pretty light, breezy song. As for the "autotune" -- to my ears, this is the difference between a truly talented producer and a merely competent one. Mirwais uses the vocal effects to actually deepen the emotion in M's voice. In fact, I think his production is so central to the song's success, I'm curious to see if it will translate well next week. Guess we'll see. I think you could say the same thing about many of their tracks -- his production was key to the success of 'Music' (the song, and the album), but that one came off great live.

This shill thinks that using "quite" and "honestly" makes him sound more authentic. Also, he is trying to act like he is different posters having the same positive reaction to "Flopellin."

by Anonymousreply 559April 21, 2019 8:42 PM

Geez, R558/R559, it's totally ok to be a fan. Not all of us are Janbots. Madonna has always had a huge gay following so it shouldn't surprise anyone she's got people who like her at a gay site.

by Anonymousreply 560April 21, 2019 8:51 PM

The song is in the 80s on iTunes.

But the thing I am taking pleasure in is that Beyonce's latest single is barely in the Top 50. She is so overrated.

by Anonymousreply 561April 21, 2019 9:10 PM

yikes, free falling at 83, maybe she will be out of the top `100 by the end of Easter

by Anonymousreply 562April 21, 2019 9:29 PM

R559 - ummm.... you're an oddball. I never pretended to be more than one person, so I don't know where you're getting that from. It is possible to enjoy the new song and not be a shill. Oh, and, as much as I enjoy the song and am (cautiously) optimistic that we might be getting her first good album in years, I would not be the least surprised if it's her least commercially successful album... ever, perhaps. I'm 38 and I'm probably on the young end of her core fanbase. These days, you don't have chart success without massive streaming numbers and Madge's core fanbase don't stream as much as younger fanbases, so there's just no way she's going to be able to compete with younger artists at this stage. That stage of her career is over. Hopefully she understands that.

I mean, which of her peers from the 80s and 90s is still at it? Call me a Pollyanna, but my hat's off to old gals like Madge and Janet who are still giving it the ol college try well after the supposed mandatory retirement age for pop singers.

by Anonymousreply 563April 21, 2019 10:16 PM

I wish she would bring Nikki and Donna back.

Anyone else find it strange that her detractors are paying more attention to her chart positions than the fans?

I cared about that shit in my teens but at 42 now, I just appreciate the music for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 564April 21, 2019 10:25 PM

Sure you can hate this song but others love it equally, no one's right or wrong it's just personal opinion. Totally agree with R564, chart positions only matter when you're a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 565April 21, 2019 10:34 PM

Loling at JanBot going psycho in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 566April 21, 2019 10:45 PM

R565, there are a lot of artists who never chart or chart poorly but that doesn't stop me from enjoying their work. I love the new Dido album but I have no clue if it is a "hit" or not.

by Anonymousreply 567April 21, 2019 10:58 PM

[quote]Sure you can hate this song but others love it equally, no one's right or wrong it's just personal opinion. Totally agree with [R564], chart positions only matter when you're a teenager.

No no no, Chart positions only matter when you're using them to try to say someone sucks... they're totally irrelevant when other people use it to point out that someone else sucks, ha.

by Anonymousreply 568April 21, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote]Someone commented how Madonna is starting to look like Bette Davis in Madame Sin. With the red eye patch from the video, I see some of Bette in The Anniversary too.

The Mad One is really grasping, especially if she's stealing from Bette Davis in her elder years! At least Mad Donna is accepting the face that she's nearing geriatric territory.

She's has no class, no style and certainly no grace. Mostly importantly, she has no shame. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 569April 21, 2019 11:18 PM

[quote]Someone commented how Madonna is starting to look like Bette Davis in Madame Sin. With the red eye patch from the video, I see some of Bette in The Anniversary too.

The Mad One is really grasping, especially if she's stealing from Bette Davis in her elder years! At least Mad Donna is accepting the FACT that she's nearing geriatric territory.

She's has no class, no style and certainly no grace. Mostly importantly, she has no shame. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 570April 21, 2019 11:19 PM

For someone who's supposedly over, how come there's ALWAYS a Madonna thread on here with hundreds of replies? This one is about to max out.

The girl's still got it.

by Anonymousreply 571April 21, 2019 11:51 PM

Yes referencing her stadium tour from 30 + years ago, yeah she’s still killing it... # 83

by Anonymousreply 572April 21, 2019 11:55 PM

She can never get rid of it R571 only control it with drugs.

by Anonymousreply 573April 21, 2019 11:56 PM

Hate her! She's over!

Can't stop posting about her.

by Anonymousreply 574April 21, 2019 11:59 PM

Actually. most ppl in these thread are not saying Madonna is over, just that she doesn't have many original ideas. She actually never has, been original in anything she's done, she's constantly borrowed from others and even her music is lukewarm dance music re-hashes. That's her main problem, her total lack of originality.

Over the past years, she's needed to 'collaborate' with others in different areas of pop music, mostly because she's basically out of fresh ideas and past cultural icons to rip off

It's obvious from the amount off stans she has here, they do not care what she does, they lap it all up. They adore whatever shit and unoriginality she flings at her fanbase.

They will remain rabid fans. Madonna, like that loon Trump, CAN shoot someone on 5th Avenue and her fans actually would not care. I do believe that much.

by Anonymousreply 575April 22, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]Yes referencing her stadium tour from 30 + years ago, yeah she’s still killing it... # 83

Wait...... Jabs is going to take issue with people posting things from 30 years ago?

HAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 576April 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Does Madge still hang with Demi Moore?

by Anonymousreply 577April 22, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]It's obvious from the amount off stans she has here, they do not care what she does, they lap it all up. They adore whatever shit and unoriginality she flings at her fanbase.

But who cares? Why is this bothering you so much?

Are you being forced to buy it? To listen to it?

I don't understand the obsession with what you claim to hate.

I loathe the Kardashians but I don't post about them endlessly.

What strange hold does this pop singer hold over you people???

by Anonymousreply 578April 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Imagine hating someone so much that you spend all day tracking how their song charts, R578. You're basically asking the mentally ill to explain sanity.

by Anonymousreply 579April 22, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote]Over the past years, she's needed to 'collaborate' with others in different areas of pop music, mostly because she's basically out of fresh ideas and past cultural icons to rip off

Okay, so???

by Anonymousreply 580April 22, 2019 1:43 AM

R579, I guessed it was a goof on the stan who was breathlessly posting the chart position every few hours.

by Anonymousreply 581April 22, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]They will remain rabid fans. Madonna, like that loon Trump, CAN shoot someone on 5th Avenue and her fans actually would not care. I do believe that much.

Now you are just acting retarded.

by Anonymousreply 582April 22, 2019 1:44 AM

The chart troll has come into her own.

by Anonymousreply 583April 22, 2019 2:05 AM

xer own.

by Anonymousreply 584April 22, 2019 2:06 AM

She's been a mess for years now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585April 22, 2019 2:18 AM

sitting pretty at #90 on itunes, can she exit the top 100 by end of Easter!

by Anonymousreply 586April 22, 2019 2:29 AM

Dumb question, how do you link to a new thread?

I'll start a new one. But not sure how to link. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 587April 22, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote] Madame X

It ought to be Madame C (the Roman numeral for 100)

by Anonymousreply 588April 22, 2019 3:17 AM

R564's "I wish she would bring Nikki and Donna back."

Me too, their sound was the perfect overall "Madonna" voice.

by Anonymousreply 589April 22, 2019 3:49 AM

Well she is at 91 what a bummer , Madonna can’t even fall off the chart correctly.

by Anonymousreply 590April 22, 2019 1:33 PM

Madonna fans aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. Mostly pedestrian, and Madonna’s “edginess” aka showing her tits and faghaging appealed to them.

I will never forget how this this “rebel heart” didn’t support Sinead O’Connor when she tore up the photo of the pope.

Fuck her and all of you who worship this twat.

by Anonymousreply 591April 22, 2019 1:42 PM

All this leaves me to wonder if Guy Ritchie laments the loss of his foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 592April 22, 2019 1:43 PM

Early in her career, Cadillac named a car for her. I think this is the one she used to learn how to drive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593April 22, 2019 1:46 PM

R585 Why did she get the beauty mark cut off her face and not get the gap between her teeth fixed?

by Anonymousreply 594April 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Is her brother a Pedo?

by Anonymousreply 595April 22, 2019 2:17 PM

Jabba is so PRESSED over Madonna, it's amusing. Imagine spending all your time refreshing a page so you can chart the position of a song by someone you hate? Gurl, bye!

by Anonymousreply 596April 22, 2019 2:18 PM

Does Madonna have talents to Whispercoo or bankrupt a State Fair?

by Anonymousreply 597April 22, 2019 2:18 PM

How many pregnancies has Madonna faked?

by Anonymousreply 598April 22, 2019 2:18 PM

About 450 of these posts in this thread are from Jabba and its browser switch... obsessed much?

by Anonymousreply 599April 22, 2019 2:19 PM

Janet Jackson is a Pedo Protector.

by Anonymousreply 600April 22, 2019 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!