Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Let’s be the typical self-help book!

I’m the frequent quotes from famous people in history telling us how to live our lives better

by Anonymousreply 1704/14/2019

I'm the self actualizing , positive, daily reaffirmation

by Anonymousreply 104/14/2019

“Stop Being Poor”

by Anonymousreply 204/14/2019

I'm the vision board filled with dreams you'll never have

by Anonymousreply 304/14/2019

I’m the celebrity author

by Anonymousreply 404/14/2019

I’m the ghost writer

by Anonymousreply 504/14/2019

I'm the journal dedicated to the exercises at the end of each chapter.

by Anonymousreply 604/14/2019

I'm the various "paradigms".

by Anonymousreply 704/14/2019

(21st century self-help, not the 1970s Bantam print paperbacks) I'm the author's self-help website URL . The reader is led to think he'll get extra content there, but actually will come to a 'products page' about the author's ancillary companion materials.

by Anonymousreply 804/14/2019

I am the $18.98 spent on this pile of shit that will do nothing but line the author's pockets.

by Anonymousreply 904/14/2019

R8, yes every author tries to parlay a book into tons of expensive materials we can all buy

by Anonymousreply 1004/14/2019

I’m the person who buys all likes and friends for an author’s social media so it looks like he/she’s very popular

by Anonymousreply 1104/14/2019

I'm the special terms like "visionizing" that you won't find in any dictionary

by Anonymousreply 1204/14/2019

I’m the (most recent) t-shirt I purchased from the author’s several alternatives. This one says, “What’s My ‘Secret?’” theoretically enticing strangers to be “seekers.”

As if that’s any different from the other t-shirts...

by Anonymousreply 1304/14/2019

I'm the 800-jillionith cheeseball sales rep who has learned how to fucking win friends and influence people.

by Anonymousreply 1404/14/2019

I'm the complete abdication of personal responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 1504/14/2019

I'm the chapter-length personal author story that builds to a bold-face "moral" at the end, which is nothing but a common-sense clunker propped up to seem profound. It will be referred to several times later in the book.

by Anonymousreply 1604/14/2019

I'm the cheese or the mouse or some other figure from the allegory that is used as a bad metaphor for something.

by Anonymousreply 1704/14/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!