Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s be the typical self-help book!

I’m the frequent quotes from famous people in history telling us how to live our lives better

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 1:30 AM

I'm the self actualizing , positive, daily reaffirmation

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 1:30 PM

“Stop Being Poor”

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 1:31 PM

I'm the vision board filled with dreams you'll never have

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 1:32 PM

I’m the celebrity author

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 7:16 PM

I’m the ghost writer

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 7:16 PM

I'm the journal dedicated to the exercises at the end of each chapter.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 7:19 PM

I'm the various "paradigms".

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 7:20 PM

(21st century self-help, not the 1970s Bantam print paperbacks) I'm the author's self-help website URL . The reader is led to think he'll get extra content there, but actually will come to a 'products page' about the author's ancillary companion materials.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 7:27 PM

I am the $18.98 spent on this pile of shit that will do nothing but line the author's pockets.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 8:37 PM

R8, yes every author tries to parlay a book into tons of expensive materials we can all buy

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 12:00 AM

I’m the person who buys all likes and friends for an author’s social media so it looks like he/she’s very popular

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 12:01 AM

I'm the special terms like "visionizing" that you won't find in any dictionary

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 12:14 AM

I’m the (most recent) t-shirt I purchased from the author’s several alternatives. This one says, “What’s My ‘Secret?’” theoretically enticing strangers to be “seekers.”

As if that’s any different from the other t-shirts...

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 12:40 AM

I'm the 800-jillionith cheeseball sales rep who has learned how to fucking win friends and influence people.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 12:45 AM

I'm the complete abdication of personal responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 12:52 AM

I'm the chapter-length personal author story that builds to a bold-face "moral" at the end, which is nothing but a common-sense clunker propped up to seem profound. It will be referred to several times later in the book.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 1:00 AM

I'm the cheese or the mouse or some other figure from the allegory that is used as a bad metaphor for something.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 1:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!