Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I work outside and despite wearing sunscreen, I developed a tan line on my face.

Yep. I have good old raccoon eyes. So, like an idiot, I thought I'd try and fix it with self tanner. Now....it looks worse than before and it won't wash off!!

Am I stuck like this for a week or so? Is there something I can do to fix what I tried to fix?

Help.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 6:21 AM

Do an almond facial scrub. Fake tan will be gone in 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 12:33 PM

It doesn’t last long.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 12:41 PM

Pin on a tail to the back of your trousers. Embrace your inner raccoon.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 12:43 PM

So I'm assuming you're a gay construction worker?

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Do NOT use scrub of ANY sort under or around your eyes to be clear OP.

R1 is hopefully referring to the rest of your face. I actually don't think that will do much though. Time is more of your friend. That, and zinc oxide. Desitin is the best.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Also, didn't someone recently post an article that stated American sunscreen to be ineffective?

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 12:46 PM

No, R4, I'm an instructor at a railway.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 12:49 PM

R3 or wear a long tie and embrace your trump.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 12:52 PM

R8, I'd rather go full bore trash panda, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Hydrogen peroxide will pull some color off. Use a cotton ball, do not get it in your eyes, and rinse afterward and moisturize. Otherwise passage of time is the only thing to get rid of it. A scrub is drastic so maybe real gentle if you do.

You need to wear a hat with three inch brim or greater for outdoor work. You probably also need better sunblock, use a sweatproof, like a stick sunblock.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2019 1:14 PM

You'll be fine. Nobody looks at you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2019 1:16 PM

Sit in a steam room for at least 20 minutes. The self tanner should then rub off on a towel

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2019 3:34 PM

Is your hole hairy?

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2019 4:08 PM

R6 Most American sunscreens are based on Avobenzone, which is an inferior UVA sunscreen. Both UVA and UVB rays contribute to tanning.

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2019 5:44 PM

it's ridiculous to think that silly man-made sunscreens will filter all effects of UVA/UVB rays.

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2019 5:46 PM

R15 Yes, it is. But who’s making that claim?

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2019 5:54 PM

wear sunglasses until it wears off.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2019 6:02 PM

Use a tinted sunscreen you stupid git.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2019 6:07 PM

I got nothing except my dermatologist said to reapply sunscreen every 15 minutes when outside.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2019 6:10 PM

How humiliating! Reminds me of when Bunny Bixler and I were in the semi-finals—the very semi-finals, mind you—of the ping-pong tournament at the club and this ghastly thing happened. We were both playing way over our heads and the score was 29-28. And we had this really terrific volley and I stepped back to get this really terrific shot. And I stepped on the ping-pong ball! I just squashed it to bits. And then Bunny and I ran to the closet of the game room to get another ping-pong ball and the closet was locked! Imagine? We had to call the whole thing off. Well, it was ghastly. Well, it was just ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2019 6:15 PM

This happened to me, but we had to keep filming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 6:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!